[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this game so much worse than its predecessors?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg (299KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg
299KB, 500x345px
Why was this game so much worse than its predecessors?
>>
Why didn't you post in the thread asking the same fucking question?
>>
Why do you keep remaking this thread?
>>
I wouldn't go and say worse. It just didn't do anything unique. That doesn't mean it's a bad game.
>>
It's a hell of a lot better than the first game, even if it's not quite as memorable. People (OP) are far too harsh on it for no good reason.
>>
>>2809227
For me it was a very good game, but could not surpass the success of DKC2. Also, the music while good was not as good and funky as DKC2, graphics were better but less fun, and they made it a bit more childish (the elephant and the baby monkey looked dumb for me).
>>
It's way better than the first DKC.
>>
I loved it as a kid, way more then #1 more then other people. I would have to play all games again though to get an idea of how each one is nowadays. I remember liking this games little side acitivites.
>>
>>2809245
>Graphics were better in DKC3
Just how? The models look inferior than in its predecessor, there are barelly any animated backgrounds, and they didn't have as much attention to detail. Not to mention some levels look plain horrible and uninspired like the snow levels which even DKC1 had them better.

Perhaps only the maps and bosses were visually better, but even that's debatable.
>>
It's really not debatable that DKC had a better map and bosses than 3. 3 was better by a large margin. The original had some of the worst most uninspired boss fights ever.
>>
>>2809227
Why are you incapable of using the catalog?
>>
File: homer2.jpg (30KB, 173x215px) Image search: [Google]
homer2.jpg
30KB, 173x215px
My face when I made this thread >>2808287 last night.
>>
>>2809227
Gimmicks everywhere.
Lame designs and visuals.
Underwhelming music.
>>
>>2809416
I was referring to DKC2 when I said it was debatable. The second game had some pretty cool boss battles and the island map looked awesome.
>>
DKC3 is actually my favorite one, because biased.
DKC2 is my least favorite, DKC1 is 2nd best.
>>
>>2809873
>Gimmicks everywhere.
DKC levels were always about gimmicks. Could not even be a DKC game without a tonne of gimmicks.
>>
>>2809227
Stupid fuck.
>>
>>2809227
They were all bad. Most platformers are shallow and uninteresting.

This is /vr/ where shitposting my half-baked and honestly rather boneheaded opinion as if it were fact is considered the norm.
>>
>>2809460
Why does the Simpsons have the best reaction images?
>>
>>2810406
Because there area billion episodes.
Every face that has ever been made is on that show.
>>
>>2810402
No worries. There is no harm in having a shit opinion as long as you know that you're wrong.
>>
File: 1445719920275.jpg (131KB, 525x809px) Image search: [Google]
1445719920275.jpg
131KB, 525x809px
>>2810402
>>
>>2809227
the giant baby.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.