[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of Legaia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: LegendofLegaia.jpg (8KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
LegendofLegaia.jpg
8KB, 186x186px
One of my favorite games.
>>
>>2807442
I'm sorry.
>>
It looked interesting enough to try. I have it on my "to-do" list.
>>
>>2807442
Totally agreed my friend, This and another I bought in the same night are what I consider my 'formative RPG"s.

I liked the simple yet different battle formula and most of the characters, the music really awesome as well, there's just a lot to like. It's been a long time since I played but I can still remember most of the big moments.

>>2807467
You could do a lot worse. So the game's rather linear, alright, I can deal.
>>
This game is pretty fun but it's too grindy

there are a lot of random battles and if you try to rush you can get seriously stomped by the bosses

being able to beat those bosses is really satisfying though
>>
>>2807940
>>2807662
Theres just a lot of really bad shit about the game.

You basically have to grind to stand a chance. You will be one shot vs. certain enemies even using the spirit command if you're too low level.

You essentially need -at least- a healing spell, and getting magic is a total fucking crapshoot. You can do some things to increase the chances (like accessories), but at the end of the day its pure luck. You gotta get the encounter with the enemy you want, and then get the last hit on it with the character you want to get the spell, then pray it actually goes off.

This isn't super bad in practice, because like I said, you absolutely have to grind anyways so chances are you'll just end up getting spells by default, but if you wanted to do like a speedrun or lowlevel challenge run you're fucked basically.

Stuff is also insanely expensive, which is another issue. Mainly relates to being grindy, because you need so much exp for levels and money to buy gear, and the enemies give a paltry sum of both.
>>
>>2807950
a rebalance patch with half the encounter rate, twice the gold and exp, and a higher rate for acquiring abilities (like say 100% if you land the last blow) would make the game a lot better, cause desu nothing else is wrong with it.
>>
I loved the gameplay, but the story felt lacking. Especially since it follows that silent protagonist trope.
>>
>>2807950
Seriously, git gud. Aside from a few unbearable early bosses, around the middle of the game the difficulty oddly goes down by a fair amount (specially when your command bar gets bigger) and with all honesty, if you time the spirit command well no boss will OHKO you.
I also find annoying how you learn magic, but that's due to some enemies having weird appearance rates. In my experience with legend of legaia, the equipment mattered more than level.
>>
File: L2.jpg (106KB, 500x823px) Image search: [Google]
L2.jpg
106KB, 500x823px
You know, it's not retro, but I'd really like to hear what people though about the sequel.

I wasn't a fan. The companies were swapped out, the original story seemed to be discarded, nothing was that interesting and the ability system didn't seem that great, it just didn't feel right.

>>2807962
I could agree with this. The former advice could help with a lot of retro (and some modern...) RPGs but especially an easier way to get abilities would help. Not that I had a ton of problems but would be a nice touch.
>>
>>2808379
I'm interested as well. Picked it up for a dollar the other week but I've yet to find the first game.
>>
>the nurse who stayed when shit goes down
seriously, man, that made me stop playing it for a while.
>>
>>2808379
>hero has a sword
>not fighting with fists

The devs didn't get one bit of the first game, did they?
>>
>>2807662
What was the other one? You can't just say shit like that and not say what it is.
>>
>>2808384
As I said I wasn't a fan, but true that I might not have judged it too fairly. I played a few dungeons in. I really didn't get the feeling it was any sort of successor, the only similar thing I found was a Lips enemy that I guess they were pushing as their own "Cactuar" or similar mascot enemy.

>>2809127
Yeah I found myself saying that a lot in the short time I had with it

>>2809159
The other RPG was Guardian's Crusade. Something I consider so very flawed on a technical level, but felt really unique and interesting, and sort of cute which I hadn't expected from an RPG. I could go on about what doesn't technically work well in it, but I always found myself interested in seeing new enemies and exploring the world. It's a weirdly lackluster, little known title that I always defend.
>>
>>2809257
>Guardian's Crusade
Oh shizzle muh nizzle, that great is indeed great despite its simplicity, it has a certain charm unmatched to this day by others of its kind.

I don't know, I might be biased, but I love that cartoony quasi-plastic aesthetic, only other game I can think of with a similar one is Tomba!
>>
>>2809691
game*
>>
>>2807442
I liked it too. I remember getting to an underground area and never being able to progress though.
>>2809257
My grandmother bougbt me Guardians Crusade. Thought it would be total shit but it turned out to be extremely charming.
>>
>>2809701

Was it an area with a crab boss that tsunami'd the shit out of you?
>>
>>2809701
>>2809741
There's a really good chance it was this asshole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYsRzyvmC3Y
>>
>>2809691
>>2809701
Well nice that others felt pretty much the same way. I also can't think of much else like it. Charming really is a nice way to put it. I felt like the developers cared enough to try interesting things and make their own unique world. I loved the weird enemies, the sailing and flying to new and interesting places, the fact that the baby is basically the son of god, and the focus on the relationship between you two. Sometimes I get kind of sad at games like this, how their respective companies were dissolved and their employees acquired by other companies most likely. I'll never really hear in depth commentary on a game like that, or much behind the scenes.

>>2809767
I am now remembering how much I really enjoyed the designs of the characters and the looks of everything. Jeez, that rich blue menu background is enough to get me to break it out and play it again.
>>
>>2809767
Yeah it was that one. Fuck that guy, my whole game was relatively smooth right up until I got to him.
>>
Shit game with some neat ideas. The plot and characters are mind-numbingly inane. Do not play if you have an IQ over 85. You will regret the time you invested into it that cannot be reclaimed.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.