[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi-Octane Appreciation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

I don't suppose anybody here has some Hi-Octane WebMs they could share, huh?
>>
Mate, I've never even heard of the game.
>>
>>2809013

http://youtu.be/B2LSTciKUQM
>>
fuck had that game on the playstation, sadly my brother destroyed many of them gems.
>>
File: ho-1a.png (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ho-1a.png
54KB, 640x480px
>>2810743
play it on PC/DOSBox, it can run at 640x480
>>
>>2810745
Bought a few to many games and would like to hold off and wait until i finish some. Can you do a webm of the scream you get from doing a big spin.
>>
>>2810008
>racing in an Arwing
mite b cool

Game looks kinda shitty though.
>>
>>2807291

Why would you appreciate such a mediocre game? The only good think about the game is that you can move as you wish in the levels.
>>
>>2810760
The game is based on the Magic Carpet engine, which was pretty groundbreaking during its time. The game itself is a bit lackluster, if only in comparison to other racing games of the time. It's still challenging, but the tracks and powerups seem uninspired. Regardless, if you're into arcade racing games, this one definitely should be played at least once.
>>
>>2810763

Might be worth trying to play with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCHXHVEFwIc playing.
>>
All I remember about this game is it getting savaged in a GamePro review. I think they compared the ship handling to a dangling gondola.
>>
>>2810761
I dunno. I know it's mediocre, but I can play it for hours. I find it almost hypnotic. Especially, if I'm listening to music.
>>
>>2810846
>I know it's mediocre
Frankly, I think that's just a meme, that people repeat just to fit in. The game may not captivate people, but it's rock solid racing. Anybody complaining about floaty controls might want to look at the wheels of these vehicles. And these controls are far from unplayable. It requires a bit more track knowledge, but as you said, once you get into the zone, the game grips you there, and that's not the hallmark of a mediocre game, but of a good game.
>>
>>2810850

It's definitely not a meme; I have the game since it was released, and play it a few times every year or so; it's really a bad racing game game. Having a floating car is fun to control, but that's all there is to it.
>>
>>2810940
>it's really a bad racing game
why?
>>
>>2810943

-the controls are way too floaty. I understand the cars are floating, but defeding that it's how it should feel is like saying that the controls are bad on purpose.
-the tracks are boring.
-the "music" is plain bad. The same year it was released on playstation, we had racing games with music like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auw6RA1b5JM .
-the races themselves feel damn empty.

But hey, have fun with it if you like the game.
>>
>>2810956
>is like saying that the controls are bad on purpose
That's implying people would like bad controls, which is a pretty crappy strawman. If you don't like the floaty controls, that's a different statement altogether.

>But hey, have fun with it if you like the game.
There's a huge difference betweeen "it's a bad game" and "I don't like the game"
>>
>>2810968

I honestly feel this is an objectively bad game. I agree with most reviews saying to keep clear from that game, and play wipeout/ridge racer instead.
>>
>>2810970
>I honestly feel this is an objectively bad game
Then it should be easy for you to actually present some points, instead of framing your opinion like fact.
>>
>>2810970
I like this game more than Wipeout. But I also think Redneck Rampage is better than Duke Nukem. So, what do I know?
>>
>>2810970
>play wipeout/ridge racer instead
That's rather disingenuous, as these are considered staples in their genre. If the game is, as the claim is a "bad" racing game, then there should be plenty of good but not great racing games you'd prefer. And frankly, if you're into arcade racing, I find that a bit hard to imagine. Nobody's claiming the game's perfect. The claim is merely that the reputation of it being a real turd, is undeserved groupthink
>>
>>2810767

But it isn't Nascar Thunder 2003
>>
I have both WipEout and Jet Moto webms, and even rollcage webms, but I do not have that.
Should I go give it a try? I haven't played an AG-racer in a good while, seems like fun, even if it's not the best.
>>
>>2812578
Do you like monotonous games where you lap AIs for eleven laps? Might be the thing for you. Remember, this game was made for filling an empty quarter while EA was waiting for Dungeon Keeper to come out. Being actually fun for the long haul was definitely not considered as a priority.
>>
Great game
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.