[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any brothers here, share your little or older brother gaming story.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: Blue.png (546KB, 654x932px) Image search: [Google]
Blue.png
546KB, 654x932px
I am a little brother. My brother and I(roughly 10 or 11 years ago) get copies of blue and red version from a pawn shop.
We both start our games at the same time.
Skip ahead to choosing starter, we choose our starters without telling the other which one for balancing purposes.
He picks Charmander, and I chose Squirtle.
Skip ahead to Pewter city, we whip out our link cable. We fight, I lose to his Charmander, I get mad.
He tells me that I suck at video games. I power train my pokemon 'til I get to Celedon city.
Next day we fight, I wreck his team.
I never felt more like an asshole for using power trained level 30's on my brothers level 15's
We didn't talk for a week because of my little plan.
>>
>>2806752
older brother to a little sister here

she always, always hated fighting. i think i turned her off of games by being too competitive when we were kids. she'd be proud of a high score then i'd beat it easily and tease her instead of encouraging her. i honestly regret that a lot, since she had great potential to be really good at games. (she was always clever and clutch; there was a time when she was better at tetris than i was despite me playing more often, for example.)

my advice to older siblings: always encourage your younger sibling and don't be a jerk. in every single way, in the short term and in the long run, it will be better for both of you.
>>
>big brother taught me how to play Mario

>brother taught me how to play Sonic

>brother taught me how to play Mortal Kombat. we even started a Mortal Kombat klub with our friends and made our own costumes

>first time playing our brand new N64 was together

>first time beating Final Fantasy VII was when my brother and I played the game together.

>he was also there the first time I finished IX

>first time we played our PS2 was together

We both loved games as kids, especially Final Fantasy. Shared a lot of good moments playing games with him.
>>
>>2806834
based
>>
my little brother and i grew up playing games, still play together quite often. can't really recall anything too memorable of story to quote for this atm.

my question to all of you though is what games are great for doing races against each other in a speedrunning style. something that can completed within a 1-5 hours preferably. we always find ourselves wasting a day trying to think a game to do this with
>>
It seems that one of the siblings will always lose interest in gaming, while the other is left thinking thank you older brother/sister, or equally "Fuck you" older brother/sister.
>>
I used to play NES games like Mario Bros 3 or Chip n Dale 2 with my older brother. I also liked to watch him play the NES ports of Pirates and Defender Of The Crown.

He sort of grew out of games.
>>
File: 1447900797244.jpg (36KB, 400x447px) Image search: [Google]
1447900797244.jpg
36KB, 400x447px
>younger half brothers and cousins
>I'd always be forced to share my games with them
>complain that they keep breaking my stuff
>you have to share
>literally 0 surviving PS1 or Dreamcast games
>>
>tfw no brother my age to play vidya with
My older brothers do occasionally play sports games with me though which is nice since I do like to play sometimes.
>>
File: 1424805097614.jpg (263KB, 952x768px) Image search: [Google]
1424805097614.jpg
263KB, 952x768px
As an older brother with a little brother and two little sisters you're always kind of introducing them to stuff. I wish I could convince some of them to play older games with me, it's mostly just want you grow up with.

Me and my little bro spent a lot of hours playing Smash and Kirby Air Ride. We still play smash even and he can match me somewhat decently but I wish he weren't so casual in other regards. I'd love to play more retro co-op shit like Goemon or Metal Slug but he doesn't seem to take an interest to games older than him. The closest I've gotten is him having a casual interest in Mega-Man because I used to play some of them on my modded Wii for fun. Playing modern games is fun, but I wish I had someone in my age group interested in trying out old shit for fun.
>>
The only passion my father and I shared was videogames. The rest of the time the man likely didn't live on the same plane of reality as normal people. In retrospect, you can see this if you look at his face in family photos.
>>
File: cape.jpg (162KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
cape.jpg
162KB, 600x500px
Older brother here. Never really enjoyed fighting each other in video games - one of us would always get butthurt - so competitive multiplayer basically meant "fuck around and try pressing random buttons". In co-op games, he'd insist on always being player 2. We did get seriously competitive over a few high scores in singleplayer games, though.

There was a definite distinction over who owned what game, and we had an agreement (especially in games with only one file) that while both people could play it whenever, only the person who "owned" the game would be allowed to progress, or beat new stages. And some - like Goemon's Great Adventure - would have joint ownership, where we could each have our own files, but only progress in multiplayer mode.

And besides that, little brother was pretty creative, and had a whole bunch of imaginary game ideas that we'd act out in our younger years. I forget who's idea it was, but we made Paper Mario cutouts and walked them around the house all the time, fighting bad guy cutouts. It felt a bit weird, because in imaginary schoolyard games, I was usually relegated to Luigi or Peach; but he always wanted me to play as Mario while he controlled Luigi.

I'm sometimes a little scared I turned my brother into a nerd. Our gaming interests are still around, but he's diverged into more of an FPS and Indie Game guy while I've got a soft spot for RPGs and falling block puzzles. But we still sometimes play Smash Brothers or Metal Slug together.
>>
File: Blastoise2.jpg (49KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
Blastoise2.jpg
49KB, 736x552px
One time my brother and I actually completed the Pokedex after 10-ish years.
After completing the Pokedex we high five and bro-fist. We sat in silence and didn't know what to do afterwards.
Then it hits us, one last battle.
>>
Little brother here, I sometimes played with my brother a couple games, we had alot of multiplayer games that we could have played together but it was rather rarely because he never really wanted to play with me.
I must've been really annoying back then I guess.
I was always pretty happy when we played games together.
>>
File: images(2).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>2808078
I am 15 and I grew up with playing on game boy I got from my cousin and also playing with snes emulator. Nowdays I own every handheld generation from nintendo and I quite often play old PC games on my laptop. I would realy like playing some games with my brother but he only plays current gen games. Some times we play smash but that's all.
>>
File: COJ9Y47UAAAPpIF.jpg (31KB, 598x387px) Image search: [Google]
COJ9Y47UAAAPpIF.jpg
31KB, 598x387px
>Mom said let me play Shinobi with you or no one's playing!
>>
File: lavender_town.png (12KB, 384x346px) Image search: [Google]
lavender_town.png
12KB, 384x346px
Older sis here, can I post?

My brother and I were--and still are--super tight, but goddammit, I used to love to torment him with spoopy shit.

>playing through Lavender Town together
>start improvising some kinda creepypasta to him, as we play
>pretty much make him shit his pants just through my body language
>suddenly put on this really convincing terrified facial expression and look up at him from the GB (it's kinda hard to explain--you know when in the movies someone is facing another character and talking to them, but then suddenly stops talking and looks terrified while appearing to look at something behind that person?)
>he turns off the GB and runs away

Or, later...

>"Hey, Anon!"
>"What?"
>"Lavender Town."
>"Stoooooop!"

Little did he know that I was actually really afraid, too, and that my teasing was a coping mechanism

>>2806793
I did this a lot, too, I loved rubbing it in when I won. It was mean, I do regret it.
>>
>>2806932
I am the one who stayed
>>
I'm the youngest of 7 kids and no one wanted to play with me. I was too young to play with them, and eventually they grew out of games before I was old enough.

I'm super jealous of your pokemon rivalries, anons. There was a short time where I could have done that with one of my brothers with gold and silver, but we didn't have a link cable.
>>
>>2811524
Same here bro. I feel ya
>>
Little bro literally had no personality so he would play anything I liked. But now I can't get him to co-op Final Fight CD because he thinks it's dull and boring compared to SOR2, he never grew out of being a copy of the Sega fanboy I was back then.
>>
>>2812446
Boobs naow
>>
My older sister used to love playing Super Mario World and it was a drag to play with her because she ALWAYS, ALWAYS wanted to get 99 1UPS from the secret map cache. As if we needed that many for this easy ass game.
>>
File: 1287183753207.jpg (714KB, 1200x872px) Image search: [Google]
1287183753207.jpg
714KB, 1200x872px
Little bro, here.
My brother and I grew up on NES, I remember playing River City Ransom and Mario 3 a lot.
As I got little older, I liked to chill and watch him play SNES and PSX rpgs.
Nowadays, we might play Civ V or whatever else over Steam.
>>
>>2814170
>watching an older sibling play RPGs
Sounds comfy. Did he ever hand the controller over to you?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.