[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What 2600 games do you really enjoy or find comfy? I played a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: pacjr.png (6KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
pacjr.png
6KB, 640x420px
What 2600 games do you really enjoy or find comfy? I played a lot of Pac-Man Jr as a kid and still find it amazingly fun.
>>
Berzerk.

I was more of a Coleco kid.
>>
>>2804752
Berzerk was a hell of a lot of fun! I also had a Colecovision but the weird mushroom like joysticks rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
Hero
Literally one of the two games I own for the 2600, and it is golden.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 507x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 507x375px
>>2804748
Night Stalker (or dark cavern on 2600) was one of my favorites and one of the few games I could play for very long periods of time. The heartbeat background always got to me and actually sounded good compared to most games.

Does anyone know of other games with the ammo concept like this one? Where after running out of ammo you need to traverse the maze to find more.
>>
Pitfall 2
>>
File: asteroids.png (10KB, 1426x788px) Image search: [Google]
asteroids.png
10KB, 1426x788px
Never gonna get sick of Asteroids, ever. That dirgey soundtrack and the lil pew-pew-pews just keep me hooked.
>>
>>2804748
>What 2600 games do you really enjoy or find comfy?

Oh fuck, where do I even start? Off the top of my head...

Beamrider
Moon Patrol
Space Cavern
Berzerk
Laser Blast
Kaboom!
Enduro
Cosmic Commuter

Yeah, I could go on a bit longer. Solaris will probably always be my favorite game on the 2600, though. Fell in love with it as a kid and still enjoy it all these years later.
>>
>>2804801
Activision was fucking based back in the day.
>>
File: battlezone.jpg (69KB, 433x600px) Image search: [Google]
battlezone.jpg
69KB, 433x600px
>>2804748
Not exactly a comfy experience as the enemy tanks will wreck your shit, but this is a fun game I keep finding myself coming back to. Also damn good looking for a 2600 game, almost looks early NES even.
>>
>>2804748
>Pac-Man Jr
I must have been 3-4 years old, but I loved playing Ms. Pac-Man after not liking Pac-Man, even at that age. Felt like the far superior game.
>>
>>2805007
Pac-Man on the 2600 was a rushed job for a cash grab. The color scheme alone was a horrible choice.
>>
>>2804991

Ever play Robot Tank? Very similar, but has a few different mechanics that I think makes it more complex of a game. Lots of fun.
>>
Yars revenge
Cenitpeade with bear face? (Spider dont kill)
>>
>>2805925
Yeah, I know. But of course I didn't know as a toddler, and my point is that the difference was still obvious to such a young player.
>>
>>2806210
HE CAN'T EVEN FACE DOWN. COME ON ATARI.
>>
File: trak4.gif (3KB, 240x150px) Image search: [Google]
trak4.gif
3KB, 240x150px
>>2804748

Stellar Track
>>
File: the pit of fall.png (4KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
the pit of fall.png
4KB, 277x182px
>>
Dark chambers quite comfy
>>
Pressure cooker, maze craze, crystal castles, rampage, Q-Bert.

There was some game I had as a kid that used the number pad and was like memory, and all the pictures were objects like cars and chairs and such. My brothers and I would play it and each object we matched we would write down in a notebook, and afterwards we would draw a house with all the items we won. It was like playing a pretend game show.
>>
>>2804910
People go on and on about the soulless corporation they eventually became. I was done with them years before that happened, as they just quit making games that I cared about or were on platforms I owned. Sadly, most of the greats who survived through the early years went the same route. (I'm looking at you, EA.) Shit happens, though.

I will always fondly remember Activision's origins and fantastic early games.
>>
>>2808816
Aren't most legacy vidya companies soulless corporations these days? Things are so bad across the board that I almost wish we'd just have another industry crash already.
>>
>>2804767
I dunno, interesting that I have this but on Intellivision. I bought it thinking it was an atari cart (which is was stored alongside the atari carts, so I guess it was a common mistake).

>>2804910
This, you could always rely on Imagic as well.

my favorite game is probably either Adventure or Warlords. I really wish I had the first game but it's the one cart I can never find anywhere.

>>2808908
Well, I'd say that ones like EA, Activision, Ubisoft went bad much more obviously and much earlier than the rest. Then there's companies which were wiped out by expensive cost hikes in development, and finally there's companies that were just left behind by the changing of the industry.

I wish there was possibility for a crash but the worst of the game companies that are still alive are too sturdy now, they have some consistent cash flow that will never die. The not as bad companies could die but all it would do is scatter years of built-up reliability to the wind and make it harder for good new games to come out of it.

We'd have a better setup if more indies could climb up from A games to AA games at least, but the gap between A and AAA has been made extra wide, and AA totally wiped out. Small-time devs can't climb up to bigger and better things because the ladder was long ago chopped up into pieces.
>>
>>2808908
>I almost wish we'd just have another industry crash already.
Fuck that. I'd rather risk companies becoming shit than watch the self-important Indie douches fill the vacuum with their "original" ideas and "innovative" gameplay.
>>
Frogger, QBert, Demon Attack, Berzerk, Warlords

There's probably more I can't think of right now. Activision and Imagic made some great 2600 games
>>
>>2804748
I got some fond memories playing Maze Craze with my friends when I was a kid.
>>
Why is
- Jungle Hunt
- Missile Command
- Dig Dug
missing?
>>
>>2808908
Current gaming is dying, endless HD remasters, same games coming out every year, DLC on all of them, sometimes its the same stuff you got on the last game, smaller companies being bought out, games all starting to look the same, same game newer system
>>
RIVER RAID, GOAT SHOOTER
>>
>>2804748
Believe it or not, Pac-Man 2600. I was eight and an idiot at the time when we discovered my grandparents had a 2600 stored in their closet and we all the fixings, plus Combat and Street Racer.

That same 2600 and Pac-Man are lost to time now, but I still have Combat and Street Racer. Somewhere...
>>
>>2810751
Jungle Hunt was not comfy
>>
File: demon_attack_ad.jpg (87KB, 630x875px) Image search: [Google]
demon_attack_ad.jpg
87KB, 630x875px
Demon Attack. Best "space invaders-like" shooter ever.
>>
Dragonstomper was pretty comfy.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.