[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the shitfuck is this controller?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 13

File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
What the shitfuck is this controller?
>>
Looks like a standard original Xbox controller.
>>
>>2804052
looks like the ItHurtsToLive64.
>>
http://www.giantbomb.com/x-e-1-a-p/3000-80/
>>
>I'ma git me sum clicks belittling groundbreaking hardware
>>
>>2804124
>http://www.giantbomb.com/x-e-1-a-p/3000-80/
interesting, thanks for the link anon
>>
lol from the makers of the xrgb scaler series
>>
>>2804052
that looks cool as shit, I want me one
>>
>>2804173
this

I in all honesty have no fucking idea who these cunts are but by their faces alone I would much rather sit on a fucking pike all afternoon than paying attention to whatever shit they have to say.
>>
>>2804173
did you actually watch it? they seem pretty positive on it.

the only thing they mock is how heavy it is
>>
>>2804295
Why would I watch a video about a controller I've owned for twenty years?
>>
>>2804308
ENTERTAINMENT
>>
>>2804308
You know that controller sells for like 150$ right?
>>
>>2804312
And appreciating faster than many of my other investments, yeah.
>>
>>2804320
How fun is it to use on the 10 games you can play with it?
>>
>>2804324
It's a novelty, but it's better just to emulate and use a dual shock.
>>
>/vr/ hates Game Sack now
Wow, what happened to this place?
>>
File: 1445626075023.jpg (36KB, 405x431px) Image search: [Google]
1445626075023.jpg
36KB, 405x431px
>>2804371
/vr/ hates every E-celeb that isn't Mark from CGR and maybe AVGN.
Frankly, Game Sack is better than both and are some of the few vidya-related E-celebs I enjoy.
>>
>>2804387
naw it's just a couple of vocal autists
>>
>>2804371
>>/vr/ hates Game Sack now

I used to really like them, but the quality of the show took a sharp nosedive when they started shitting out video's weekly, to the point that they're almost unwatchable now.. playing a game for 5 minutes or less and giving an uninformed opinion and treating that opinion like its fact really rubs me the wrong way.

also, one of the things I used to like about them was they didn't try and force their sense of humors, now every episode is just them trying to crowbar their next one-liner in.
>>
>>2804387
>Mark from CGR
did you guys hear the news?
>>
>>2804405
he's planning on shutting down his channel soon.
>>
File: 1415064195517.jpg (51KB, 472x449px) Image search: [Google]
1415064195517.jpg
51KB, 472x449px
>>2804405
Yeah, I know, it didn't affect me much since I don't really care for his videos, but I know a lot of people here like him sing him high praise and all that
>>2804407
>he's planning on shutting down his channel soon.
I thought he was just downsizing and only doing CGR as a side hobby?
>>
>>2804371
They're great at providing thin exposure to a lot of games at once. But it's not very entertaining, and I rarely stick around for the entire 20-30 minute episode.
>>
>>2804405
no, what happened?
>>
>this thread could have been about that controller
>its spiralling into e-celeb shit

sup /v/ 2.0?
>>
>>2804468
No one has ever used that controller.
Anyone can watch a youtube video.
>>
>>2804463
He's going to stop making daily videos in order to pursue his dream of being a web cartoonist. He still wants to make videos once in a while, but Undertow is shutting down.
>>
>>2804409
I feel like him and Dave should do an episode together before he completely leaves and I don't blame mark i mean jewtube is all streaming, shit like pewdiepie, mark philer, game grumps, and modern gaming. He mentions he wants nothing to do with the direction youtube is going and I don't blame him. Even if his reviews since late 2013 have been meme spouting at times. TRUXTON, EL CAMINO, NEW JERSEY!!
>>2804410
I watch the whole thing maybe because i caught autism from being on here and /fit/ for nearly 3 years[/spoilers]
>>
>>2804405
I'm glad he plays games as a hobby now, playing games for money affects the quality of the videos and that's the main problem with many e-celebs.
>>
>>2804475
>He still wants to make videos once in a while, but Undertow is shutting down.
>Undertow is shutting down.
Why? Did no one suggest just handing things over to someone else and still doing random cameo reviews?
>>
>>2804475
literally who cares about undertow

as long as Mark still pumps out vids it's all good
>>
>>2804387
You're kidding, right?

I haven't seen anyone talk about CGR in a long while, and if anyone does, people will remind him how Mark is boring because he doesn't really give any strong opinion about anything and how he makes the same jokes over and over, which is true.
AVGN? we had a shitposting outburst just a few days ago, and everytime someone mentions him, it's only to meme about it, /v/-style. Kekold and all that (I know about the filter, I don't care).

A lot of people here actually love this Game Sack guys, but they try their best to not make it apparent or else they'll get insulted for liking e-celebs, but I can see how a lot of people around here mention games that I've seen Game Sack talk about, and have the same opinions as the Game Sack guys, especially the Sega fanboy guy, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if he browser /vr/, he seems like the typical /vr/ nerd collector snob.

The Nintendo "fanboy" is actually chiller, but you can tell he'd rather be doing something else and his fanboyism is forced, probably the Sega fanboy forces him to act fanboy-like so that he's not the only one sperging over brands.
>>
>>2804371
Game Sack is still the best, but I'm getting more into MLiG (Coury and Try4ce) because of their RGB and Developer Showcase videos. If they both weren't married, I'd be 100% sure they're gay. I'm still not 100% they're not.

Chris Alaimo (Classic Gaming Quarterly) might be becoming my favorite jewtube eceleb to shitpost /vr/ with, especially if his new framemeister means he's going to upload more often. I get a Republican vibe from him, and his humor is deadpan as fuck
>>
>>2804482
Mark is probably the one who pays for that awesome warehouse/office/set. He's probably going to sell the building, and all the arcade games except for the Raiden cabinet and the Truxton board.

if I read that Mark ditched the Truxton arcade game, I will hunt him down and murder him. I know to a certain extent he plays a character, but if he doesn't really love Truxton that much, my entire world will collapse
>>
>>2804489
>AVGN? we had a shitposting outburst just a few days ago, and everytime someone mentions him, it's only to meme about it, /v/-style. Kekold and all that (I know about the filter, I don't care).
I never got that, like I only remember about the show and marathon it once every two years or so, but what did he do to start that rumor?
>>
>>2804607

the movie, when the black guy kisses the girl at the end.
also a post by AVGN's wife saying cinemassacre was a "caucasian sausage fest" or something, not sure if that's legit or something made up by /v/ though.
>>
>>2804609
Okay, it's still kinda stupid, but it makes sense now with how things go around here.
>>
>>2804312
>You know that controller sells for like 150$ right?

Birds fly in the air
Fish swim in the sea
and retarded wannabe retro nerds overpay for video game crap
>>
>>2804706
I'm not gunna pay that much for one, but yes I agree, nerds overpay for retarded shit
>>
>>2804371
This is nothing new. I like how they are informative but they try WAY to hard to be funny. Also the Sega guy is the definition of cringe.

>>2804594
>Game Sack is still the best
KEK
>>
>>2804594
I gave a brief watch after this suggestion for MLiG. Liking what I see so far.
>>
>it's an e-celeb thread

Why do you enjoy ruining this board?
>>
>>2804787

Because Hiroshi still doesn't make a /yt/ board.

E-celebs is a major problem in many boards, not just /v/ and /vr/ (although gaming YT channels being so popular, it's a huge problem for vidya boards)
>>
>>2804794
>Hiroshi still doesn't make a /yt/ board
This would seriously remove a solid 80% of the shit off of /v/ and /vr/ and hopefully the underage who watch this crap would stay there.
>>
>>2804787
>talking about people who make videos exclusively about retro video games on a retro game board
>ruin
Why don't you go complain to the game center cx threads too while you're at it, troll.
>>
>>2804829
You're right, they shouldn't be her either. The sticky says to talk about retro consoles and games, not people who also happen to play games. "Video game culture" is not a valid topic of discussion here, but it is on /v/.
>>
>>2804829

Game Sack don't make videos exclusively about retro video games, though.
>>
>>2804829
>>2804838
I think the reason people complain less about Arino than they do about YouTubers is that Arino's fanbase isn't 100% underage cancerous /v/ kids.
>>
>>2804845

This, and Arino isn't an e-celeb, he's an actual japanese comedian who just so happens to make a show about retro video games (AFAIK, he's never done any episode that isn't a /vr/ game outside of short specials).

That, and GameCenterCX is actually an informative series with people who know their shit (that Kiba nerd, I swear), and they have contacts with actual industry people so it's not weird to see interviews with people like Igarashi or Satoshi Tajiri on the show, youtuber e-celebs wish they'd have these contacts, closest I've seen was a Miyamoto cameo on Mega64.

Also, there's no gossip or shit memes about Arino. No Kuck, no JUST, no nothing. And the few actual memes there are of him (his smile and optimism: gone, etc) are actually funny and do not harm the board's quality, as they don't trigger any autismo. Basically yeah, the fanbase is the biggest factor as to why Arino isn't bad while the youtubers are. Fanbase and demographics.
>>
>>2804856
It still doesn't belong on /vr/ regardless of how professional it is, regardless of it being about retro games, and regardless of the quality of its fanbase... GCCX is a TV show, hence it should go to /tv/. Yet it still has thousands of generals spammed here.
>>
So people who hate on Gamesack and other youtube retro gaming shows are just defensive Arino fanboys. Good to know.
>>
>>2804874
Not at all, I like both Arino and Game Sack a lot but neither one should be here.
>>
>>2804871

You're probably right, but /tv/ is too busy with Holywood gossip and dank baneposting to care about a show like GGCX. It should go to /v/, but then again, /v/ is also too busy with e-celeb gossip and western devs drama and general shitposting. There's only 1 Arino general at any given time, people don't spam Arino, but people do spam stealth e-celeb threads, such as this very one.

>>2804874

I don't hate on Gamesack or other youtube retro gaming shows, just the kind of people they bring, their audience. Also I haven't watched an Arino episode in ages, I don't know if I could be considered a defensive Arino fanboy, I'm just making an observation on how the e-celeb public behave, and how the Arino fanbase behave, I barely see any "arinoposting" outside of the general, at all.
>>
>>2804878
GCCX fits on /vr/ as the subject of the show falls entirely within the boards allowed topics.
Also, the sticky says
>This board is for the discussion of classic, or "retro" games.
GCCX threads stir discussion of "retro" games. If all we ever had were threads specifically about games themselves, the board would be dead by this point.
No /crt/ threads, no repair or mod threads, no emulation generals, no flash carts, no manuals, no /vr/ documentaries, no scanning threads, no recent pickups, and no discussion of anything relating to experiences or subjective perceptions.

Just games. straight, objective facts and observations, nothing more. If you think its annoying to see rehashes of old threads now, then that /vr/ would be a special kind of hell.
>>
>>2804906
>the stick says:
>this board is for stirring the discussion of retro game
>i am a colossal faggot
>>
>>2804387
No m8 only gamecentre CX is allowed here.
>>
>>2804387
i like metal jesus.
https://youtu.be/34kEY0404d4
>>
>>2804387
AVGN's been sucking ass for a long time now.
>>
>>2804594
>MLiG (Coury and Try4ce)
Just watched afew of their videos and I'm pleasantly surprised. Voices are on the annoying/homo erotic side tho the information is good. Certainly better than "check out our new website guys, sack".
>>
>>2804594
lmao hi chris
>>
>>2806036

metal jesus is Chris Bores levels of awfulness
>>
>>2804052
>that smugbeard with shelfs and MUSHA CIB
>e-celeb

Pic speaks for itself.
>>
>>2804387
AVGN is the most hated one of them all.
>>
>>2806115
pls don't bully dave, he can't help he's autistic
>>
>>2806131
Does the creepy guy wear a wig or? He looks so unnatural. Like an alien disguised as a human.
The awkward interaction between them is also annoying to watch. It's like they're nervous being around each other.
>>
>>2806138

Supposedly they're friends, but I think it feels all unnatural because they script all of their dialogues, and they're not actors. They know this and joke about how bad they are, but I don't know why don't they just do normal reviews without doing the humor/fanboy thing.

The nintendo guys seems always very relaxed and doesn't take any of it seriously, the sega guy seems to be more serious about it all.
>>
Anyone here like Game Sack: Good Edition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md2ebQhaofY
>>
File: aladdinPlatformers_04.png (162KB, 800x280px) Image search: [Google]
aladdinPlatformers_04.png
162KB, 800x280px
>>2806185

People are still thinking Virgin's Aladdin is better than the Capcom game?

Sure, it had great sprite animations, but the gameplay was pretty sketchy (not a surprise, it being a Dave Perry/western platformer), and outside of the actual sprite animations, it doesn't really outdo the Capcom game in terms of graphics, look at these backgrounds.

I played both as a kid, but I found myself replaying the Capcom game often due to its pretty tight and satisfying controls and fun levels, the Virgin game just wasn't fun to play. It had a sword, but the hitboxes are so wonky that it doesn't make it any more fun, I'd rather jump and bounce on enemies while doing parkour on the Capcom game.
>>
>>2806201
What's funny is that Shinji Mikami prefers the Virgin game, while Dave Perry says Capcom's was better.
>>
>>2806201
I preferred the Sega Aladdin. Funny how peoples opinions are different huh.
>>
>>2806213

Yeah, that was funny, but it's all very tongue-in-cheek after all.

The reasons Shinji mikami said he prefers the Virgin game is because of 2 things:

Aladdin has a sword and Genie is on the cover of the game.

He probably doesn't know the sword on the Virgin game doesn't actually make the game better (apples are still more useful), and the Genie actually IS on the american cover of the game, Genie just isn't on the japanese cover (although he is on the back cover).

To be honest, both games are pretty decent, I just think the Capcom game is better because I find it's more polished in terms of controls, physics and level design - no surprise there since Capcom guys all had experience doing arcade games and many great platformers on NES era.
Dave Perry's games always have a lot of personality and you can see they're made with love, but they're still typical western platformers with semi open-ended level design and questionable controls.
>>
>>2806213
they obviously said that to be polite
>>
>>2806201
They're both good, it's just that the Virgin one had some cooler touches to it, like being able to use the sword and having more fluid animation (thanks to Disney's involvement). If Capcom's Aladdin had those features, it'd be the undeniable winner though.
>>
>>2806216

Did you play both as a kid?

You actually find the Virgin game to have better controls or level design?

Yeah people have different opinions, but most of the time I find that people tend to prefer the virgin game, and I don't get it... it's good, but outside of the sprite animation (and sprite animation only, not the other graphics in the game like backgrounds), everything else is better on the Capcom game, it's like comparing Earthworm Jim to Megaman, both are good, but clearly Megaman has better controls and level design.

I'm not trying to start shit, I'm trying to figure out why people like the Virgin game more, if it's because of the sprite animations which are admittedly good, or because of something else that maybe I haven't got into account.
>>
game sack are the only ones that aren't shit these days
>>
>>2806226
So Mikami "thinks" he prefers the game (but is wrong) because of your preferences.

Jesus Christ is this what mental gymnastics you Nintendo retards jump through to justify your shit?
>>
>>2806238
What I disliked about the virgin game was the way it's missing half the movie. You do the cave of wonders, the cave of wonders escape, the sultan's palace, jafar's palace and it's over.
The Capcom game had a bunch of extra levels, even a desert pyramid one based on a short scene on the movie when Alladin gets thrown out of Agrabah.
>>
>>2806243

Bro, he literally said those are the reasons he'd buy the Virgin game over the Capcom one is because of the Sword and the genie being on the cover. Now that I think about it, it's weird that he didn't mention the sprite animations... seriously Mikami, Genie being on the cover is a buy factor for you? Then again, as >>2806230
said, it's all friendly politeness and tongue-in-cheek stuff.

>Nintendo retards

wrong, I was an idort, and I actually got a Genesis before I got a Super Nintendo (just by a few months of difference).

Anyway Aladdin isn't a Nintendo game, it's a Capcom game, I guess if you want to ad-hominem me with something, you can call me Capcom retard or something.

Sorry if I offended your brand loyalism.
>>
>>2806248
Ok, I forgot the genie level, that's in the virgin game too.
>>
>>2806249
You never brought a game cuz the cover looked cool? I still do sometimes, you'd be suprised.
>>
File: aladdin.jpg (93KB, 640x467px) Image search: [Google]
aladdin.jpg
93KB, 640x467px
>>2806305

I did only once, but yeah I can understand that.

I still feel like Mikami should know that Genie actually made it to the north american version of the SNES game cover, I bet he'd feel good about it.
(Apparently, the reason Genie couldn't be on the cover of the Super Famicom version was because of some bullshit Disney copyright reason)
>>
>>2806238
>implying Megaman X is better than Earthworm Jim
At least Jim could shoot up, lol.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-01-05-13h33m55s212.png (256KB, 592x450px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-01-05-13h33m55s212.png
256KB, 592x450px
>>2806009
>Game Center CX
>E-Celebs
We went over this
>>
>>2806383
But not walk while shooting, lol.
>>
>>2806408

I love GCCX, and Arino isn't an e-celeb, that being said the GCCX tread is a cancerous shithole that serves no purpose and really belongs on /vg/
>>
>>2804052

I'm just imagining how shapeless those guys' faces would look without any neckbeards.
>>
>>2806408
It's TV celeb which is arguably much worse than e-celeb because Arino is being paid a billion dollars a year to suck at videogames and yell "ABUNAI" at a camera.
>>
>>2806408
>using vlc instead of mpv
pleb
>>
>>2806508
And if you had the chance you wouldn't take that job? Are you retarded? Also no one here is giving him money, we are filthy pirates.
>>
at least GCCX sticks to its own thread. everyday cancerous and toxic act like a retard youtube e-celeb threads clog up the vr shitter.
>>
>>2806541
Exaggeration much? I don't see anyother youtube posts on /vr/ besides the ones in this thread.
>>
>>2806643

the other day there were 3 AVGN threads at once (all 3 mostl likely started by the same shitposter, they were just pics of AVGN with some AVGN quote like "what a shitload of fuck")

The thing with Arino is that Arino fans just ask whether this or that episode is subbed and share download links and stuff, maybe some funposting about who's the best AD and that's it.

Youtuber shitposters like to provoke and bait as much as they can just because it's part of their culture, I guess.
>>
>>2806654
That happens to any board, like posting a JRPG vs WRPG thread on /v/ or a windows thread on /g/. Just accept you got baited by a troll who happened to use james rolfe to trigger you.
>>
>>2806668

I didn't got baited, didn't post in any of the 3 threads. Only one of the threads got many replies and was successful, the other 2 got I think less than 10 replies (if any), and I don't know if they got to page 10 and died naturally, or if a mod deleted them eventually (unlikely, but who knows, a mod was here this morning and purged some cancer)
>>
>>2806701
Two of them were deleted in quick succession not long after they were posted, but the third was left up for some reason.
>>
>loathes let's players on youtube, even when they play retro games
>loathes let's players in general "because they suck and make unfunny commentary"
>worships a japanese tv show about a middle aged guy that sucks at videogames making funny faces and wearing analgesic patches while being forced to play the same game for 12 hours in a row

I just wanna make clear, before some weaboo faggot comes saying trash, that I don't watch lets plays or any bullshit on youtube. I don't see any point watsoever in watching someone else play a videogame, because I have 2 functional hands and I can do that myself. Just wanted to point the blatant weaboo faggotry in this board.
>>
>>2806732
Why watch Football when you can play it in the backyard with your friends?

Why watch MMA when you can fight some random guy on the streets?
>>
>>2806738
That is a preposterous comparison. As in, both things are sports that demand a high amount of strenght, skill, preparation and fitness.
Whereas, any fat fuck that can't even run 100 yards without hyperventilating can sit his ass in front of a chair and play a videogame.
>>
>>2806745
Ops, I mean sit in front of a tv screen,
>>
>>2806738
>Why watch Football when you can play it in the backyard with your friends?

That comparison doesn't work though. Watching Let's Plays is more like watching someone else watch football on TV.
>>
>>2806774
maybe in your head that analogy makes sense
>>
>>2804371
The games they talk about are good games but their commentary in their reviews is half-assed almost cringe worthy high school level shit
>>
File: arinomiyakoji.jpg (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
arinomiyakoji.jpg
61KB, 500x375px
>>2806732

Because Youtubers are amateurs trying to act all smart and funny at the same time and failing at both, they also provide Wikipedia-tier information.

Meanwhile GCCX is a professional TV show that's been on japanese TV for over 10 years, has actual good footage if you're into video games (exclusive interviews with game developers, for example), and Arino and their crew never try to act smart and witty, and they never give their impression on whether this game is good, or whether Nintendo is better than Sega and all that kind of shit the youtuber audience engulf.
>>
>>2807061
Oh geez. Its soooo much more fun seeing a middle aged man being literally tortured into playing a game. And once again, Arino blows ass at every single game. How can someone spend a whole fucking day, like over 12 hours on street fighter 2 and not finish it? How is him any better than dsp or any sucker?
And how is his ABUNAI, SUBARASHII repeated commentaries in any way or form better, more witty or "funnier" than the usual crap youtube teens say?
The only reason you faggots worship that show is because its japanese and because its not "mainstream" in the west. If arino gets a youtube channel with english subs, I bet my left bollock you faggots will start loathing him as well.

Oh, yes, by the way most of his public in japan is just a bunch of elementary school kids.
>>
>>2804328
>It's a novelty, but it's better just to emulate and use a dual shock.

Horse shit. No emulator supports that pad on the Megadrive.
>>
>>2807213
>Its soooo much more fun seeing a middle aged man being literally tortured into playing a game.
I know, right? GCCX is great. I'm glad we agreed.
>>
I like to fall asleep to Chrontendo. New chronturbo episode a week or so ago. Will never understand the Dr. Sparkle handle, though.
>>
File: Arino_no game.jpg (32KB, 633x357px) Image search: [Google]
Arino_no game.jpg
32KB, 633x357px
>>2807213
>Oh geez. Its soooo much more fun seeing a middle aged man being literally tortured into playing a game

It really is.

Anyway, you're being a bit too anal about it.
Arino isn't an e-celeb and GCCX isn't a Youtube show made by amateurs who want to show off their game "knowledge" taken from wikipedia and their eBay collections.
>>
>>2807213
>How is him any better than dsp or any sucker?

Arino sucking at a game:
>Awww... I've done it again, I messed up! I might not be able to go home tonight (laughs), but I'll do this!

Youtubers who call themselves "gamers":
>WOOOOOOOW IM PRESSING BUTTONS! WOOOOOW
>>
File: 1371658799274.jpg (88KB, 791x216px) Image search: [Google]
1371658799274.jpg
88KB, 791x216px
>>2804485
I care. I fucking loved Undertow.
>>
File: cb0.jpg (62KB, 600x861px) Image search: [Google]
cb0.jpg
62KB, 600x861px
>>2806495
>Thread about a show about retro games belonging anywhere other than /vr/
You probably say the same shit about doom and roller coaster tycoon threads too.
>>
>>2804272

It's weird how even people who want to be in videos don't bother to just, like... eat less

Probably 90% of /vr/'s readership is fat too though, so what can you do
>>
>>2806745

I agree. But I still like Let's Plays. Video games are often hard to play for me anymore, but not because they're too "difficult" in the normal sense--rather it's because they are too long and too ordinary. Those qualities together usually make them tedious, regardless of whether they're easy or hard in the normal sense. Why watch some historically interesting old (or new) game on YouTube when I could just play it myself? Because I can do it while eating my breakfast, and because the video creator usually edits out all the very most tedious parts. I can play a 50-hour game myself, in 50 hours. But I can't play it in ten hours. Give me enough breakfasts etc. and I might be able to watch it in ten hours, though. Functional hands have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>2807242

Chrontendo is genuinely awesome. (Therefore it doesn't drive threads.)
>>
>>2807320
>it's professional! that makes posting a tv show on /vr/ okay!
Just fuck off, Arinofags.
>>
>>2804602
Dude could probably live for a couple years off the sales of all those games and toys donated to the show. Kinda weird situation.
>>
>>2806732
Game Sack are reviewers, which is marginally more interesting than watching a Let's Player like Arino or Pewdiepie, though. At least GS tries to be informative and funny about their opinions instead of making rape jokes or screaming abunai while playing. Basically unscripted live "let's plays" are the lowest form of these game shows, even James and Mike are boring shit compared to AVGN.
>>
I've hated every e-celeb I've ever watched on Youtube. The only LPs I follow are screenshot-based (TheDarkId is a personal favorite, when the SA forums aren't being a bunch of goddamn Jews and throwing the paywall up).
>>
>>2807463

Call me back when Game Sack actually give information I can't find on Wikipedia, such as an interview with an actual industry personality.

Also Game Sack reviews in a nutshell:

>This game is great! just listen to this music!
>[plays some random melody for 5 seconds]
>Look at that parallax scrolling!
>MEGA POWER!
>Hey Joe what do you think about this game?
>I don't know Dave, it's not on a Sega system so it sucks!
>LOL, whatever, Mario rocks

So informative.
>>
>>2807475
They interviewed a guy that mods console hardware once though. That was a good ep.
>>
>>2807475

LOL that's actually pretty accurate, their reviews are like that.

I don't watch Game Sack to get information, I use them as surrogate friends, that's what youtubers are for.
>>
>>2807493
You'd be lying if you said Game Sack hasn't mentioned a game you've never heard of before.
>>
>>2807503

I'm pretty new to all this retro game stuff so yeah, of course, in fact I got into Castle of Illusion thanks to them (seriously one of the best platformers I've ever played), but I know I could also just google "list of [console] games" and I could just look myself. The reason I watch them isn't for information, I watch them because I'm already used to their voices so they're like friends. I usually fall asleep with them on the background, it's comfy.
>>
>>2807475
Interviews? Is that the best you Arinofags can come up with? Call me back when Arino actually has interesting dialog while he plays a game (which takes up most of the show, so it should be the most important aspect). But he never will because he's a middle-aged dumbass loser that you people worship for some reason.
>>
>>2804387
I like LGR and Gemini000 from ADG. Then again, they're reviewers and they mainly focus on vintage PC games so they don't attract the same crowd that other e-celebs do.
>>
>>2807518

>actually hating on Arino calling him a dumbas loser

come on man, it's ok if you want to take it on Arino fans because someone here is insulting your favorite youtubers, but don't insult Arino like that, what has the man done to you?
Also I wouldn't call him a loser, he probably is happier than you will ever be. And you will be a middle-aged man one day, too (that is, if you don't die earlier).
>>
>>2807582
If all I did was play videogames for a living I would probably fucking kill myself out of shame.
>>
>>2807761

You're already wasting time of your life complaining about a famous Japanese comedian on a taiwanese cartoon internet board. Time to kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>2804485
>as Mark still pumps out vids
But that's just it. He's not going to be "pumping out vids" anymore. CGR as you know it is about to end.
>>
>>2807769
Only after I see Arino die first in a horrible flaming car accident first so I can laugh at the collective tears shed by /vr/.
>>
>>2807787
bullshit, he's just reverting to bi-weekly format
>>
>>2807787
Maybe that will give him more time to experiment with and add more quality writing to his videos. This just sounds like a good thing to me. Fuck Undertow.
>>
>>2807797

That's some bad karma you're generating for yourself right there, even if you're only wishing something like that ironically.

Anyway, whatever mental illness you might have, I hope you recover soon, and that the universe isn't too harsh on you.
>>
>>2807862
Don't have any, I am actually posting here because I'm bored at work. Why don't you go back to sucking off your pathetic hero Arino, bitch?
>>
>>2807873

Arino isn't my hero, and to be honest I don't have any actual sentimental attachment to him.

You on the other hand, do. You hate Arino and want to see him dead, you also hate his fans. You have a sentimental attachment to him, even if it's a negative one, it's still a sentimental attachment.

You're a man who's (allegedly) at work, thinking about Arino and his fans, and complaining about it.
I don't really believe you do have a work, but whatever, no way to tell if you're telling the truth or not anyway, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.
Also, having a job doesn't mean you can't be mentally ill. In fact, people who get bored at shitty, unimportant jobs tend to be depressed losers.
>>
>>2807809
>>2807797
Yeah... great.

Better content, like his fucking Sengoku 3 review where he doesn't know anything about the game.
>>
>>2807906
Back to your containment thread, sengoku fag.
>>
I am not a huge watcher of GCCX, but I have watched portions of a few episodes and enjoy it. That being said, I think it is foolish to claim that YouTube-people shows are inherently worse. At the core his show is known for being a guy playing and failing at games with his character/person being the primary focus.
>>
>>2807906
I hate that he still refers to Macross characters by Robotech names while reviewing Macross games.
>>
>>2807923

I think this poster made a clear and concise point about the difference between GCCX and Youtubers:

>>2804845

it's true that Arino is a TV show, and thus SHOULD be on /tv/. However, would you imagine /tv/ discussing Arino? They mostly discuss Hollywood stars.

But the matter here isn't where Arino discussion should go, the thing is that Arino fans don't shitpost. Another reason may be because GameCenterCX is a pure entertainment show, Arino never makes any sort of opinionated reviews that could generate anyone's butthurt, he doesn't call any game shit, or doesn't call any game "the best game ever", either, he just plays games, and occasionally interviews some industry personalities.
Most Youtubers DO give strong opinions, and if they're popular like AVGN or JoNTron or whatever, people WILL come to shitpost about them, whether they're against or in favor of said opinions.

You don't see new threads everyday saying "Arino calling this game shit", and you won't, because he doesn't do that kind of stuff.
Youtubers on the other hand do, so it's inevitable that they indirectly are the cause of shitposting around here. That, and all the gossip stuff that surround them.

I hope I'm clear, and just to make my point clearer, I don't even participate on the GCCX threads, I haven't watched a new episode in years. I just don't see Arino shitposting, whereas I see constant youtuber/e-celeb shitposting, and it's not just concentrated in one thread. Most of the times they're also started as sthealth threads, like "hey guys what do you think of this game/controller/console", with a picture of an e-celeb to guarantee replies and shitposting. GCCX threads very clearly state "GCCX thread: here's the download links", there's not much to shitpost about and they're not trying to start shit.

Hopefully a youtube board will be created sometime to help with this issue.
>>
>>2804387
The only acceptable /vr/ youtube channel is My Life in Gaming. They at least know about RGB, console modding and all of that. Everyone else plays on a HD TV like a 12 year old faggot.
>>
>>>trash
this is the new youtube board guys.
>>
>>2808019
>>>/trash/
>>
Can we please ban youtube threads from /vr/? Doesn't the whole "internet celebrity" thing go against the anonymous nature of 4chan and anonymous image boards in general?
>>
who /lazygamereviews/ here
>>
>>2808060
yes, let's also ban all books from 4chan that aren't published under pseudonyms and all movies that aren't independently made
>>
>>2807451
Oh I agree, but seriously, Dr. Sparkle? I'm sure there's an explanation there. Loving the chronturbo segments, though.
>>
File: 1409184332986.jpg (152KB, 1033x798px) Image search: [Google]
1409184332986.jpg
152KB, 1033x798px
>>2807797
I would cry and you would feel bad.
>>
The problem with e-celeb threads isn't the people who make them, but the people who keep constantly complaining we have e-celeb threads.
>>
>>2808404
And they don't even bother to sage. Pretty rude.
>>
>>2807761
but you have no problem watching youtube personalities do that shit for a living. all you live for is watching jontron cancer vids so please walk into heavy traffic.
>>
>>2808412
jontron's cancer series shits all over that retarded gook arino you fucking tasteless plebian
>>
c-can i shill my channel here?
>>
>all these people who don't understand that Game Sack is two guys talking about games as if they were still kids playing them for the first time

It's awesome and no one's fault but your own if you don't get the humor and you think they're actually autistic or something.
>>
>>2809640

hey Joe
>>
>>2809640
The difference here is that they are both middle aged men and most definitely come off as autistic.
>>
>>2804794
>Hiroshi still doesn't make a /yt/ board.
It's there >>>/trash/
>>
>>2804480
>Even if his reviews since late 2013 have been meme spouting at times. TRUXTON, EL CAMINO, NEW JERSEY!!
I appreciate that Mark went out to create his own lore and catchphrases in stead of spouting overdone internet memes.

But yeah, it's been evident in recent months that he lost his drive for game reviews.
>>
>>2804485
I actually like TJ. He's basically weeaboo Mark.
Is there any way to follow him after the shutdown?
>>
>>2809713
I you can really see the passion from his 99-00 and his 07-12 video. Something like Revenge of Shinobi, Yar's Revenge, Sega GT, and some others. But I can see what he's saying, he's not gonna conform to Youtube's streaming craze and he knew that retro games aren't necessarily profitable unless he starting doing some stupid gimmick like AVGN, game keks, or Jontron.
>>
>>2809727
i meant game keks not keks they're not funny
>>
>>2809669
>stop liking what I don't like
>it doesn't belong on /vr/ cuz I say so!!!

You whiners are more immature than any of these e-celeb gamer wankers.
>>
>>2809737
Ah, good old wordfilters
>>
>>2808362
Comparing youtube videos to books and movies just shows how retarded you people are.
>>
>>2804393
I got annoyed when they talked shit about Sanic and made fun of autistic kids in the comments who thought they were being mean.

You gotta be at least a little professional.
>>
>>2804393
This, their format of "talk about a bunch of games that match a theme" needs at least a month to work on or else it feels rushed and halfassed.
>>
>>2810172
By your logic only anonymous things can be discussed on an anonymous website. You are the retarded one here.
>>
>>2806236
>Aladdin should be able to use a sword
Because my favorite scene in Aladdin was where Aladdin went around stabbing people yelling "all a snackbar."
>>
/vr/ hates Arino now?

Jesus.
>>
>>2810708
one mad e-celeb fanboy teenager is not /vr/
>>
I like how some butthurt fag is spamming e-celeb threads in hopes that a mod will mass delete every e-celeb thread on /vr/.

Bravo, you clever sack of shit.
>>
>>2810708
>>2810713
name 1 good thing about arino that makes him worth watching, you faggot weeaboos
>>
>>2811537
>false dichotomy
I'm not even going to bother explaining to you how it is one.
>>
>>2811531

you're thinking way too highly of shitposters, they aren't that smart.

it's just one butthurt kid (possibly >>2811537) and his sole purpose is to shitpost, no real reason behind. possibly he got told by someone and he wants to take a personal vendetta on /vr/, but there's no reverse psychology or falseflag behind it, he really is that retarded.
>>
>>2811747
i simply do not like arino at all or see why you dipshits care for him. what part of this do you not understand exactly? do you bitch and moan whenever people say they think justin bieber is shit too? not everyone has to think your LE HILARIOUS RETRO GAMING GOOK is the height of comedy, you twat
>>
File: 07-04-es2401.jpg_141358524.jpg (56KB, 621x465px) Image search: [Google]
07-04-es2401.jpg_141358524.jpg
56KB, 621x465px
>>2811812
>>
>>2811812
why are you so angry? do u got a babydick
>>
>>2811812
and you don't have to be such a dick about it either. if you don't like it, just ignore it, fgt.
>>
>>2806185
Eeeeewwww, those guys........

>donante us your games as if prices havent been fucked enough.
>what's a flashcart?
>>
>>2804485
Whos the guy with long hair and the funny voice?
I like him
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.