[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kart Racers 'n' Such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: bumper.png (91KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
bumper.png
91KB, 250x231px
Hey /vr/ I'm replaying Diddy Kong Racing and I'm getting so damn buttblasted over the Time Trial runs. Shit's practically impossible; in addition to nailing every zipper and curve with machine-like accuracy, T.T. just happens to be fast as hell. We go over the same zippers at the same time and he zooms way ahead of me. What gives? Any tips? Pic related is my main man but I'm willing to use whoever just to stick it to that cocky clock.

Also, general retro kart racer thread. Mario Kart, Crash Team Racing, what have you. These things were fucking everywhere.
>>
>>2802685
change your character. overall Pipsy is the best character, especially for the car races. some of the flying races Drumstick is better to use. .
>>
Let go of gas when you go over the zippers. You get a green flame that makes you go faster
>>
I loved the time trials. Immensely satisfying to seeing the clock faggot lose.
>>
File: spsf7483_front.jpg (60KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
spsf7483_front.jpg
60KB, 640x640px
My favorite.
>>
File: CrashTeamRacingNACover.png (140KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
CrashTeamRacingNACover.png
140KB, 256x255px
If it's not just Mario Kart I'll play this for hours and be happy.
>>
>>2802774
>Immensely satisfying to see the clock faggot lose
I felt the same when I first beat Wizpig. I'd never shit-talked a fictional character so much before.
>>
>>2802778
I love the drift mechanic in this game. One of the lesser known PS1 gems that is still as fun to play as it was all those years ago.
>>
If you don't do it already, race with the view set so that you can see your speed. For some reason you move faster when drifting, so try to zigzag while always drifting when possible. Also remember that having more bananas makes your boosts last longer, so try to round up a bunch of bananas on lap 1 then focus more on hitting zippers in later laps.

Also, Fossil Canyon, depsite being one of the first tracks, has one of the hardest TT times to beat, so don't give up, just skip it and do easier ones.

Also, if you just can't beat it fair, tapping A makes you go faster than just holding it down.
>>
File: 35235325.jpg (105KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
35235325.jpg
105KB, 650x650px
Great OST
Great Modes
Great Characters
Nice Cutscenes and Voicovers
>>
File: BattleChase.jpg (143KB, 946x946px) Image search: [Google]
BattleChase.jpg
143KB, 946x946px
I think I was the only person who ever played this, but it was actually pretty fun.
>>
>>2803185
I thought this would be a shitty cashin what with all the movie focus, but it's actually really fun. I love the battle mode.

>>2803275
It's also on Anniversary collection as an unlockable bonus. That was the first time the US ever got it in any rate.
>>
File: url.jpg (25KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
25KB, 250x238px
RC Revenge>Re-Volt.
>>
>>2803279
>>2803185
Better than new TV show.
>>
>>2803283

You'll be responsible if you hurt my feelings, I love Re-volt and haven't played this one, I'll play with my heart really open waiting for a good game
>>
>>2803275
I loved this game. Though I thought it was weird that it was on the X collection and not classic.
>>
File: Firebugs_64562.jpg (96KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
Firebugs_64562.jpg
96KB, 300x301px
Does this count as kart racer?
>>
OP here, finally managed to beat that clock asshole

>>2802702
I've been having a lot more success with Drumstick; I tried Pipsy but fuck man it's like she's TOO good to where it's hard to control. Her turning is so sharp that it fucks me up.

>>2802771
>>2803017
Hot damn I've owned this game how many years now and never knew this. Kind of like how I didn't find out you could bend the trajectory of Squitter's webs in DKC2/3 until, like, 2012.
>>
File: 61j0TKXFwDL.jpg (88KB, 370x500px) Image search: [Google]
61j0TKXFwDL.jpg
88KB, 370x500px
>>
>>2804786
I spent many hours as a kid doing the same, i think it was a space port level I kept getting fucked on.

you can tap A at about 1 tap per second to go significantly faster.
right c to get the speedo up
practice A tap ass pull numbers from 1998 i think the speed goes from 160 to 180+ if you get it right in kart.
makes shit ezemode beating TT
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.