[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the best Mega Man X game? When did the series die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (123KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 600x587px
What was the best Mega Man X game? When did the series die?
>>
>>2800859
>>2800881
Well, X5 and X6 are at least playable.

X7 was the absolute obliteration of the series. X8 was... OK, but literally anything would've looked like gold next to X7.

That being said, I think X4 was the last really good X game.
>>
>>2800884
>>2800881
X5 had a shit story but the levels/gameplay was just as good as X4. I liked X5 just because it was fun to play. I personally think the series died when X got that shitty ass falcon suit.
>>
>>2800859
X1.

It never really died, although the quality was spotty at multiple points in the series' lifespan. X3 was boring shit, X5 was mediocre, X6 was rushed shit, and X7 was utter shit.
>>
>>2800859
X2 is the best. X5 was when the series was supposed to end but Capcom decided to milk it further. Basically what >>2800884 said.
>>
File: SHIEEEEEEET.png (522KB, 559x701px) Image search: [Google]
SHIEEEEEEET.png
522KB, 559x701px
Best is the first,.
Decadence is the x6.
>>
I've only played 1 and 3 for any real amount of time.

I never had a SNES and I'm not a fan of emulators if I can avoid them. I'm looking into getting one soon though
>>
X6
X8
>>
I never played x3, so SNES or ps1 version?
>>
best X4
DEATH X6
>>
>>2801040
SNES
>>
>>2801040

Saturn
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-BeeC6D7Xc
>>
>>2800859
Best are X and X2.

Decay started with X3-X4 and state of death with X5.

X6-X7 are rotting corpse.

X8 is a half resurrection.
>>
I love X1 and X4. They're the best X games IMO. X6 is my second favorite.

X5 is the game I hate the most. It's just shit, the ebin X vs. Zero fight is the only good thing it has

>>2800926
>X5 had a shit story but the levels/gameplay was just as good as X4.

What you smoking
>>
>>2800884
This is the objective answer
Except, I love X5 because as a kid I was really into the story and it has the most climatic moments of the series
And X6 is has such a cheap difficulty and level design that I actually enjoy "forcing my way" through it
>>
The best is the original X, although the Japanese PS1 X3 (dude J-pop lmao) is pretty tight too. The series didn't need to continue after X4, but unfortunately it did. That said, X8 was really good imo. Aside from the 3D stages and the slightly lacking soundtrack, it was a very good X game, and certainly felt like a very fresh addition to the series. A shame it bombed, as I feel they could have perfected the formula with an X9 following in its footsteps.
>>
X1 clear best

X2 still good, but a sign of things to come

X3 a goddamn mess, but still playable. Hard to do in one sitting for me because of how clearly lesser it is compared to 1 and 2.

X4 bare bones in many ways, an impressive first outing for the new gen consoles in other ways. Hard for me not to be biased because I played the living fuck out of it.

X5 are you shitting me? I waited for this dreck?

X6 stop. Stop twisting the knife. Please.

X7 ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

X8 Vile... what have they done to you? At least it's better than 7, but that's not saying much.

So here's a weird story...
I used to frequent the official Capcom BBS starting the summer of '98 (damn I'm getting old) and a lot of people seemed to have a massive hard on for X3. It implanted this warped perception in me right up until right here right now that this was the general consensus of "internet people."

Really? Most people think X3 ISN'T the best? I'm not the odd one?
>>
>>2802716
It wasn't yet the wretched tapestry of drab dark shades and neon brights with no in-between that X3 was, but it was a step in that direction. There was certainly an emphasis on neon that wasn't as strong in X1.

The music started to favor guitar synths more heavily than X1, but it wasn't like X3 where every fucking song used that same tired guitar sample that made them all sound painfully same-y. It was a clear half step between 1 and 3.

The X-Hunter side fights were fun and unintrusive, but again, indications of all the extra crap that would be taped and stapled on to 3.

The Sigma (X Hunter) fortress levels themselves were a little dull and lacked the clear difference in appearance and theme that they had in X1... but weren't as tedious and heartless as the ones in X3.

In short, what did I dislike about X2? Just that, in retrospect, it was super telling of where the series was going. But as I said, it was still good. It was my favorite of the SNES titles growing up, but looking back, I can't fairly rate it lower than the glorious highs X1 hit. Especially not considering it laid the groundwork for X3.
>>
>>2802732
>looking back, I can't fairly rate it lower than the glorious highs X1 hit.

ABOVE.
I meant to say I can't fairly rate it ABOVE X1.
>>
Megaman ZX
>>
How can anyone defend X5 is beyond me.
You can say the decadence started before, for me it starts with X3, but X5 is an absolute trainwreck with abysmal level design. Play it after its predecessors and tell us it is on the same quality level, I dare you.
>>
>>2802910
I still like it, because it's megaman.
Simple as that. Also level design is alright, the worst part is alia stopping you to teach you how to climb a ladder and stupid crap like that.
>>
>>2802643

Is X3 the same on PS1 and Saturn?
>>
>>2802921
It has an ugly border on the Saturn version, and the cutscenes look slightly worse. Aside from that, they're roughly the same.

However, I do retract my previous statement. The soundtrack on 5th gen X3 is severely lacking in quality, something which had completely slipped my mind as it's been so long since I played it. In the end of the day, the SNES version still remains the best.
The J-pop tracks are still rocking, though.
>>
Best: X
Death: A slow death which began with X2.
>>
>>2802903
Not retro
>>
I think it's safe to say that the original is the best, and the general consensus is a downward trend after, with a few anomalies here and there.

Also safe to say X8 was an apology for X7, but too little and too late.
>>
File: reactionimage11.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
reactionimage11.png
12KB, 560x407px
Is Mega Man X6 retro?
>>
>>2803343
By the generation standards of /vr/, yes.

And by those same standards, X7 and 8 are not, but it's OK because most people don't like those games anyway.
>>
File: 1447511635433.jpg (23KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1447511635433.jpg
23KB, 320x320px
X2 = X4 > X > X5 > X3 = X8 > X6 > X7
>>
>>2801058
saturn version is fucking shit
>>
X1
X3
>>
X4 had the best music, bar none and pretty top tier boss design.
>>
X4 is up there as one of the best (I'll echo its tied with X2 as some others have said) because you can play through the entire game as X -OR- Zero, and it's fucking well-designed, not some shitty afterthought. As just X, it's a relatively tame but good game. As Zero, it's the best megaman game in the series IMO.
>>
I actually like X2 - X5 all pretty equally. X1 is the best. Don't understand the complaints about X3. It's great. From X6 it became pretty shitty. X6 feels like it was incomplete and not even play tested.
>>
>>2801040
SNES obviously

Prepare to disappointed
>shit music (even throught it was written by that girl who did castlevania) hit & miss
>subpar level designs
>Lousy power ups
>>
File: Megaman X4.png (102KB, 867x500px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman X4.png
102KB, 867x500px
>>2800859
the PSX era.

No game in particular. All 3 of the PS1 games had their strengths and their weaknesses.

X4 is, much like Sonic heroes is to "dreamcast Era" Sonic, the last "SNES era" X game. It follows the same similar simple setup, just with better visuals.

X5 introduces a host of new characters, new gameplay mechanics, and made the plot bigger. It also had alot of automation and annoying interruptions from alia. It was also the first game to give you Zero and X from the start as characters.

and X6 was a rushed mess, but improved upon many of X5's faults, and toned down the plot while still being a sequel to X5's big plot. First tie Sigma was actually not the main villain.

then X7 tanked any hope for better. Although Command mission was good

so the PS1 era was the last good X era
>>
File: Iwamoto Fourth Armor.jpg (422KB, 493x700px) Image search: [Google]
Iwamoto Fourth Armor.jpg
422KB, 493x700px
>>2804523
whoops I made a booboo.

X4 was the first to give you X and Zero.

X5 just let you pick and choose at any time.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
The best ones for me are X1 and X4.
The downfall is X5 and its guns'n'roses bullshit
>>
I think X1-X4 are all great games, starting with X5 it really became a mixed bag for me. To me though, the Megaman formula just works. Even at its worst Megaman still does better than a lot of other similar games I've played.

X1 of course is great. I will say that I imagine if a kid went back and played them all in a row they might find it a bit hard to appreciate because a lot of it was that that jump from MM6 to X1 was just mindblowing.

Personally I think X2 was the most "finished" game if that makes sense, even if I might like other entries more. Biggest blemish on the game is that stupid Sigma Virus fight right at the end. It definitely has the best Buster upgrade though, clearly they knew too since they reused it with Model X.

I experienced X3 a bit different than most. I played the PC version first so I didn't have to suffer through the godawful SNES versions of the music. It probably had the most mixed bag of stages of the SNES games, but them secrets man. It was so much fun to find them all.

X4 kind of felt like the series was entering a new era of sorts. Better graphics, better sound quality, anime cutscenes and voices. We were getting the same thing, just better, and I was really looking forward to the next X game after I played X4. The biggest problem with X4 is just that it's a bit easy, but personally I don't really mind that since difficulty isn't everything.

Then X5 came and I was really disappointed. It just felt so unpolished after X4. The duck was kinda cool but they didn't really make good use of it. For what was intended as the grand finale to the X series it sure was a weak one.

X6 was such a missed opportunity. So many great ideas in that game implemented poorly. It could've been fucking great if they just spent a few more months on the damn thing.

X8 was alright, but I feel like people overrate it a bit after X7. They removed the duck and I really hated the new artstyle.
>>
the best are definitely X1 and X2. X3 is forgettable outside of the intro.

X4 was just ugly as fuck and had shitty controls, why people think it`s good is beyond me especially with such level design masterpiece hits like the endless stairwell where you run to the right all the time and some enemies pop out or whatever i don`t care anymore 10/10 design philosophy.
>>
>>2805241
>Then X5 came and I was really disappointed. It just felt so unpolished after X4.

It has been a bit since I played the PS X-series games, but for some reason X5 simply lacking cutscenes made it feel like a budget title or something compared to X4.
>>
I've only played the first 3.

My favorite is X2 because I feel like it improved on every aspect of the already great X1 and I prefer the stages, music and overall "feel" of it. X Hunters were a great addition as well. X1 did have the better Maverick designs, though.

X3 felt kinda awkward to me and with all those robot suits and upgrades there was just too much shit to collect. And the backtracking to collect all the stuff, I really hated that.
>>
>>2805325
forgot to add, X3's buster upgrade made me angry with how much it sucked compared to X1 and 2's.
>>
>>2805325
I like X2, but my only complaint would be a couple of the levels felt half-assed (can't say much about the X-Hunter stages since it has been awhile since I played those), namely Overdrive and Bubble. The speeder bike was cool, but it literally lasts just a few seconds and there really isn't much to do on it which is a shame cosnidering it was basilly the point of the level. Jet Stingray did it better. Bubble Crab's stage looks awesome and has great music, but again, outside of the concept of a travelling miniboss, there isn't much to it.
>>
Best: Xtreme 2
Death: X5

X6 and X8 are great, though.

>Command mission

My nigga. https://youtu.be/K1zQw0qnrEA
>>
>>2806108
X6 is worse than X5
>>
>>2806114
But X6 has better soundtrack and gameplay, Anon-kun.
>>
>>2806114
>>2806170
You have played the X games prior to 5 right? Both X5 and 6 are terrible compared to the 4 before them. It's pretty plain to see.

Arguing over whether X5 or 6 is better is irrelevant because it's like arguing over table scraps.
>>
>>2806259

X2 and 3 are by far the blandest this series has to offer, along with MM5/6/7. For all the faults they have, X5 and 6 are still much more interesting gameplay experiences.
>>
>>2806271
This is gonna sound like an insult, but it's not meant to... You aren't old enough to have been into the series as all the games came out, huh?

Nonono, hear me out.
People I've talked to who played the Mega Man games as they came out tend to all like similar entries, BUT entirely different ones from fans who joined the series when more were already on the market.

I'm curious, because it doesn't make anyone's opinion WRONG, it's just interesting to see the patterns in reaction depending on where someone jumped into the franchise.
>>
x6 is fucking garbage in every respect. Level design is abysmal, story is okay, and bosses are braindead. I played on xtreme my first time and only got stuck once on one of the wiley levels with all the spikes. It was a cheap cash in and it really shows.
>>
>>2806286
>it's just interesting to see the patterns in reaction depending on where someone jumped into the franchise.

Actually, you do make a good point there.

My perspective on how older fans judge the series: ya'll just got tired of buying new MM games every year, and simply associate the later ones as bad to excuse your lack of interest. I got into this series right at its 15th anniversary, and that gave me a HUGE array of gameplay styles to sample from. So going back to the older ones, I'll admit I wasn't quite as impressed with how samey and simplistic they were, but I definitely still enjoyed them. Just not as much as the PSX/GBA ones, my personal golden era for this franchise. Though MM2&3 are both blessed with some of my all-time favorite ROM hacks.
>>
>>2806328
MM4 gave me my two favorites, Rockman 4 Minus Infinity and Rockman 4 Burst Chaser x Air Sliding.
>>
I'm surprised by the amount of people that dislike X5 here, usually people seem to rate it highly. I'm not a big fan of it myself but it kind of makes sense, it and X6 had a whole different team working on it and while X6 improved on some of the really annoying issues X5 had it's pretty clear Capcom rushed it out before it was ready.
>>
I wonder why X4 is so famous in LA while the franchise isn't that popular. It's basically the DBZ of pre-wifi videogames, everybody knows about it. Then there are the few select who have heard of X5 and have come to understand that there may be more than one Megaman.
>>
Both X5 and X6 are badly designed and thought out, i think the design flaws in X6 are far more evident to the average player though as opposed to the ones in X5.

They're still good games though, a sub-par MM game is still far above most games avaiable.
>>
X8 was one of the worst games I've ever played. Complete trash in all aspects. Not one bit of fun to be had at any point. Just when you thought you were about to actually get some enjoyment from it, the game shits down your throat with some shitty design choice. Worst levels I've ever played in not just a megaman game but game in general. I'd go as far to say X8 was leagues worse than X7.

If you don't agree then go play it right now for yourself. Maybe you remembered playing it when it came out and liking it. But play it now and compare it to the other megaman games. It's easily the single worst megaman game in the entire franchise
>>
>>2806493
>X8 was leagues worse than X7
Confirmed troll
>>
Why Do X2's fake guitar sounds sound so much squeakier and shittier than X1's?

I mean compare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F2jf0NRl2Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qjJqwo89fQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81b0KET8tSc

to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqm_mCR7PHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvEatqO4Iz0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch1nSETYtz8
>>
>>2804581
>thinks that started with X5

look up My Michelle some time.

the boss names themselves were entirely coincidental translation freedoms taken by the translator because her husband liked GnR
>>
>>2806310
Look, Anon-kun, X6 is actually the most fun X game from the PS1 trilogy. Zero's moveset is literally perfect.

The sad thing about X6 is that it *could* have been one of the best games in the X series.

>Alia is now ignorable and won't interrupt gameplay.
>You can skip text in cutscenes.
>Power-ups are now tied to the character and not individual armors.
>Rescuing Reploids is far more risky/rewarding. You can lose a Reploid, but if you save them, you could potentially get a useful power-up.
>Power-ups are actually useful and desirable.
>The game does not start you with the end-game secret minus the Giga Attack like X5 did with the Force Armor, which is literally just the Ultimate Armor without Nova Strike, and the ONLY one you will ever need until you get Ultimate.
>Armors are actually useful outside of item hunting, and some stages greatly benefit from having one or the other.
>Zero controls better, his animations feel smoother and quicker.
>Some of the weapons are actually pretty neat, especially when charged.
>Zero's buster is useful and well worth the ground only limitation.
>X's rank is no longer determined in the asinine way it was in X5.
- Game offers an impressive (lol) level of challenge.
>Bosses don't scale with your level, so you don't have half hour boss rematches with giant lifebars.
- The story feels natural and flows from X5's end pretty well - Gate is a very fleshed-out villain for being a one shot, and allows for enrichment of Alia's character as well. In fact, I'd even go as far to say that I think Gate is one of the better fleshed-out villains in the X series.
>The soundtrack is fucking great.
>Dynamo's back and his improved boss fight is better and more fun than it was in X5.

And then there's this fucking guy: https://youtu.be/Tw4tmOeUbIo

TL;DR: Go play Xtreme 2.
>>
File: HeadParts.png (1004KB, 772x808px) Image search: [Google]
HeadParts.png
1004KB, 772x808px
>>2806920
I know that. Neon Tiger's stage right?
But the thing is that the original names were soo cool, like Dark Necrobat and Volt Kraken.
Mattrex is awesome tho
>>
>>2806920
>the boss names themselves were entirely coincidental translation freedoms taken by the translator because her husband liked GnR

True, but what's the first thing you see in the background when you start Axl the Red's stage?

LITERALLY GUNS AND ROSES!
("literally" used correctly in this case)

That was the tipping point for me.

Also, everyone points out the "My Michelle" similarities. I never hear anyone mention how Tunnel Rhino's stage theme contains what is essentially the beginning to "Mother" by Danzig.
>>
File: X3_03_1.jpg (358KB, 898x1400px) Image search: [Google]
X3_03_1.jpg
358KB, 898x1400px
X3's soundtrack, with it's love of grunge guitar would have been better on the Genesis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnAh_x79Vok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qAplRhKnV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBR_0UwXKM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk1GgQCjr8I

also,

>tfw the X mangas will never be localized

feels bad, mega man
>>
File: X3_03_14.jpg (477KB, 891x1400px) Image search: [Google]
X3_03_14.jpg
477KB, 891x1400px
>>2808389
whoops, meant to post this one
>>
>>2808389
The examples you posted...
I agree. They sound way better as Genesis style.

But you wanna hear some Genesis grunge? Check out the Skitchin soundtrack.
>>
>>2808389
Wow, those genesis cover are awesome!
>>
File: DSCF4054.jpg (1MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4054.jpg
1MB, 3000x4000px
>tfw got my Truforce X

this shit's bonkers
>>
>>2809158
So cool looking.
Some of the Mega Merch they've been pumping out the past couple years has been sweet, like replica helmets and busters you can wear...

But I'm conflicted. I really don't want to give Capcom my money for any more Mega Man branded stuff after they bullied Keiji Inafune out of the company and pulled the plug on his Rockman projects. Especially if they're trying to cash in on the brand without the man around.

I'd rather support Mighty No. 9, but the game's not even out yet, that I might play it for myself and fairly say it's worth supporting.
>>
>>2809256
consider it like this:

the truforce X was crowdfunded. It's based on that oh so funny April fool's joke Capcom did a while back where they presented that design of X and said it was an upcoming figure. then said NAH APRIL FOOLS LOL

so these guys got the licensing, and crowdfunded the figure

amazingly Capcom let them.
anything to not spend the money themselves I guess
>>
>>2809261
True, but there's no way Capcom's not making SOME money off those figures...

Unless Truforce paid only the necessary licensing fees and the production was limited to what the funding campaign covered.
>>
>>2809256
A lot of Mega Man staff are still around at Capcom, Inafune isn't nearly as important as people make him out to be. He didn't do much of any creative work for the franchise after X4 really and even then his influence has been greatly exaggerated, but people love to credit him for the work of many other teams at Capcom and others like the guys at Inti Creates that have worked on the franchise. The most he really did later on was hand work over to some other team and check in on them, the interviews with Inti Creates especially suggest that he let them do whatever they want and only got involved to make suggestions as to what kind of projects Capcom would consider viable if they had trouble getting something greenlit and then it was all up to them.

Also personally I really don't have much hopes for Mighty No. 9, a similar thing feels like it's going on there. Most people don't even seem to realize that the actual director of the game has only worked as a game designer on some of the worst Mega Man games in the spinoff series and barely has any real experience, they chose him specifically so a new guy could help come up with something different from a straight Mega Man clone since he's never worked on any of the sidescrolling games at all.
>>
>>2802910
X5 is the worst of X4 made even worse.
>>
>>2804123
X4 has trash tier boss battles.
>>
>>2809319
Mighty No.9 is going to be a joke.

They started working on an animated series before they even finished the fucking game. Its been delayed to Feb. 6th when it was supposed to come out when? Sometime this year I thought.

Its going to be a fucking mess. The kickstarter was funded over 2 years ago. Sure, there was a 4 stage demo to tide people over, but from what I saw it looked mediocre.

I never backed the campaign, because I have fucking 11 megamans, 8 X games, like 7 battle network games (+ alt version), 2 legends and tron bonne, and a slew of other unofficial romhacks and such if I am so inclined.

Its not even that its tired. I would buy another Megaman or X game. Its just that this is so blatantly megaman without being megaman. Its like Inafune is so desperately clinging to something to stay relevant.

Didn't they also start another kickstarter for a legends-esque game?
>>
>>2809912
>Didn't they also start another kickstarter for a legends-esque game?

Yeah, it bombed, but it's still being made because they found a Chinese financer.
Also that one is getting an anime too.
>>
File: blezurdbiffeloo.jpg (182KB, 1358x767px) Image search: [Google]
blezurdbiffeloo.jpg
182KB, 1358x767px
>>2809871
Talkin about trash boss battles
>>
>>2809281
>Unless Truforce paid only the necessary licensing fees and the production was limited to what the funding campaign covered.
I'm pretty sure that's the case.

I could be wrong
>>
>>2810174
Buffalo isn't so bad if you don't abuse the potential AI loop.
>>
>>2809319
Inafune's biggest contribution was co-designing Megaman, and Designing Zero.

after that, his superior, who did the dot-work for Megaman, (technically the true designer) left Capcom and hasnt been heard from again i think.

so inafune has been sort of the one constant all throughout the franchise.

He was the face of the franchise even when he didnt have any involvement. He was it's PR guy, and really the only guy at Capcom still pushing for Megaman Games.

But aside from that, he really didnt actually do all that much. His biggest role was 8/X4 and the Legends games, which came out around the same timeframe.
>>
>>2810219
but that's literally the only way to fight him, unless you specifically go out of your way to NOT fight him the easy way. making him a shit boss
>>
>>2810223
I didn't even know about that trick until like 3 years ago.
>>
>>2800859
Megaman X stops at X5.
It was intended to end there.

X6 to X8 are nothing but spin off.

It's quite infuriating because the later games are not quite as polished.
>>
>>2810876
>It was intended to end there.
Inafune doesnt dictate when the X series ends.

and besides, if he really wanted it to end he would have stayed as exec producer.

the fuck did he think would happen.

X6 is better than X5 anyway, even with in all it's rushed glory.

X5 is just as bad as X6 with it's infuriating design choices, like scripted moments, (OH BOY I REALLY NEEDED X WALKING ONTO A LIFT TO BE AUTOMATED) Alia interrupting everywhere, forced equal distribution of heart tanks, and the stupid part-per armor method of doing power ups, instead of tying them to the character

X6 fixed all of that.
>>
>>2810876
>>2810983
X5 being intended to be the last game was always bullshit. Inafune wasn't even involved with anything after X4 and after leaving Capcom he's admitted that he doesn't know anything about X5, X5 and X6 had a new team working on them. X6 even continues from X5's plot by introducing a Serges-like character after all the hints about Wily's new involvement with Sigma in X5, the new team was trying to do a new storyline with a lot of focus on Wily but that got scrapped when the series was handed over to a new team again for X7. That was the real problem with the series, it kept getting passed around after a while and Capcom kept rushing the new teams to get games out quickly so that they could have 3-5 Mega Man games coming out a year.

And like the second anon said, X5 is really not much better than X6. It has a ton of its own problems that X6 actually fixed, the problems with X6 are all because of Capcom forcing it out before it was complete while X5 had a longer development time but ended up with a ton of annoying or pointless junk that shouldn't be in a Mega Man game, like a timer influencing your stage progression choices or RNG deciding your ending with no way to manipulate it 100% as well as all the other stuff that anon brought up.
>>
>>2811082
>RNG deciding your ending with no way to manipulate it 100%

Huh? Refresh my memory please, anon. It's been a long time since I've played thru X5.
>>
>>2813254
You can shoot down the colony with the laser cannon or shuttle. While getting the parts increases your chances of success, it's never actually a 100% chance of success even with all 4 pieces of either one.
>>
>>2813281
But it doesn't matter does it?

I was under the impression you could literally fail both and the outcome is still the same.
>>
File: liar.png (185KB, 615x347px) Image search: [Google]
liar.png
185KB, 615x347px
Why the fuck did they blantantly bring Dr. Wily into Mega Man X5 but never explain how or why? Sigma explicitly stated Wily was building his final form.

I'm still pissed about that.
>>
>>2813294
If you fail to blow up the colony, Zero goes maverick and you're forced to play X and get his bad ending.
>>
>>2813312
wowitsfuckingnothing.jpeg
>>
>>2813308
Because from X5 onward, the series turned into a mishmash of incomplete ideas, unpolished production, and misdirected storytelling.
>>
Best: X
Death: X6
>>
>>2809319
>>2809912
>>2810221

I don't care if I get shit saying this but the only legitimate use of a kickstarter for a fucking megaman game of all things is to get a sequel to the legends series out.

That being said, there were already a fucking enormous amount of sidescroller shooters out, why did anybody think we needed mighty no.9 to fill some "void"?
>>
>>2809934

>chinese financer

cash shop, mmo chat rooms, web-directed installer and launcher, and pc only, I'm calling it.
>>
I enjoyed X7
>>
What's wrong with X5 and X6?
>>
So, if you guys wanted to revive Megaman, what would you do? Make a Reboot or a new spin-off?
Or would you leave it dead?
>>
>>2819356
>Or would you leave it dead?

Leave it dead.

We got 10 mainline Megaman Games, 5 on Gameboy, Megaman and Bass. A shitload of fangames and romhacks like Megaman X Streetfighter and Megaman Infinity or whatever. An anniversary collection, and the legacy collecition now, and at least 2 arcade games and a cart racer.

We got 8 mainline X games, command mission, Xtreme 1 and 2, and an anniversary collection

We got Zero 1-4 and ZX and ZXA.

Battle Network 1-5 (with 3-5 having multiple versions), Network Transmission on GC and I think Chip Challenge. A remake of I think battle network 3 or something.

We got Starforce (which I never played) and I think thats like 3-4 games.

We also got Legends 1 2 and Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

Thats outside of all the cameo appearances in other games, and games I'm no doubt forgetting since that list is off the top of my head.

Its time to let it rest. It was a decent run. It started strong but ended really poorly for the X series especially, and while ZX and ZXA are actually really good and fun (retarded story aside) they lost traction.
>>
>>2819272

Then you problably enjoy anything
>>
>>2805241
The arranged X3 tracks are so boring. The SNES version is way more fitting.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.