[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the sims 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

anyone still play this game?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5QGN-zhwM&list=PLDA19CA4E3C2BE676

GOAT soundtrack
>>
I still play it from time to time. I always liked playing to accomplish something pretty obscure, like run a household with no full time employment, or master each skill.

I recently made a house with 2 parents and six kids. Without cheating, I built a small house, got the parents jobs, and purchased enough decent furniture for everyone. Then I put the game on fast forward to see how long it takes for each Sim to get fired/flunk out of school, fall asleep on the floor, or for the household to go bankrupt and eventually starve.

I got bored with drowning them and setting them on fire a long ass time ago.
>>
Never had a computer powerful enough to run it, which is a shame. How much did I miss out on, friends?
>>
>>2799989
Never realised as a kid how fantastic it actually is
>>
>>2800025
Not a lot. It was revolutionary for its time, but it's ultimately very lacking compared to Sims 2.

There's a complete collection ISO floating about the internet, but you might be really overwhelmed by all the shit that the expansions added.
>>
>>2800047
Was built for Windows 98.
>>
Tried running it on windows 10, but the saving ang loading to another area be all like NOPE.exe and freezes.
>>
>>2800020
wow, thats very hard. i like the building, but know i start to play without cheating.
>>
>>2800047
lol, what a little faggot
>>
>>2800025
Still the best in the series. Sure, the other games are prettier and technically add more to do, but the original has a very elegant simplicity, and it's very easy to fill in the gaps with your imagination. The Simlish language is also the best in this game, as it actually sounds like it has a set of rules and grammar, whereas it's incredibly apparent in the sequels that the voice actors were told to just makeup gibberish on the spot.
>>
>>2799989
This soundtrack is fucking incredible.
>>
>>2800074
>This board is for the discussion of classic, or "retro" games. Retro gaming means consoles, computer games, arcade games (including pinball) and any other forms of video games on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier. With the release of the 8th generation of consoles, the Sega Dreamcast will now be considered "retro", though the remainder of the sixth generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube) will not.

PC is separated from platforms to prevent that stupid justification. Otherwise we'd be discussing PC games that were also on the 360 and PS3 because they could run on an OS from the 90s.
>>
>>2800348
Could you take it easy and let people discuss something 2 months off "retro"? It's not like this board goes at a fast pace and I doubt anyone would get reasonable discussion on this game in /v/.
>>
>>2800350
I honestly don't mind The Sims being discussed because like you said it came out only two months after the cutoff date I just don't like seeing people trying to apply OS as a legitimate reason because you end up opening the floodgates for games like Doom 3 and FEAR being allowed here.
>>
>>2799989
This one always made me think of frolicking through fields 1950's merchandise. Ancient TVs and microwave everywhere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=399YneFTwh0
>>
>>2799982

Best soundtrack, very pleasing graphics, extremely good furniture, wallpaper, tiles, etc
>>
I think Window XP's release date should be the cutoff for PC games. (August 24, 2001)
>>
>>2800325
>simlish

Heh, you mean Navajo.
>>
>>2800348
Except the rules don't mention pc as a separate case, jackass. If you care so much, just report the thread and see what happens.
>>
>>2800047
What's it like being a colossal pedantic faggot? How many wizardchan tabs do you have open at this moment?
>>
>>2800404
Uh, no. Look it up and stop listening to clueless youtubers.
>>
>>2800047
Just because it was released 34 days after the cutoff doesn't mean anything. It's still a 90s game since they were developing it for years before.
>>
>>2800619
Stop replying to this guy. He just wants to derail the thread because we're talking about something he doesn't like. He comes off like a Chris Chan type angry because we brought up Digimon on his Pokemon roleplay forum. Let him suffer in his autistic misery without the attention he desires.
>>
>>2800609
PS2 came out less than month later, so it's still a 90s console since they were developing it for years before too?
>>
>>2800608
That sarcasm detector needs a tune up, anon.
>>
>>2800674
Sarcasm doesn't translate well to text. Unless you're beating them over the fucking head with it because they're such smart people and they're totally going to get it the first time they read it amirite anon?
>>
>>2800037
>It was revolutionary for its time
It was the obvious beginning of the end for everybody interested in the Sim series of games. People interested in the Sim games outside of Sim City hated it
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>be 12 year old me
>playing alone in my room around midnight
>all sims asleep, time is fast forwarding through their night

DUN DUN

I don't think I've ever come as close to having full blown cardiac arrest in my life. Plus, since I didn't know any better, and didn't get any alarms, the fucker walked off with their $5000 computer.
>>
>>2800592
>If you care so much, just report the thread and see what happens.

That doesn't prove shit because our janitor is known to leave threads up about shit that blatantly breaks the 99 rule like GBA threads up for days. If PC was listed under the platform rule then it wouldn't list "PC games" at all in the sticky dumbass.
>>
>>2801872
By that logic, arcade games and "any other forms of video games" would have the same special circumstances as pc games. This would especially affect ports and emulation discussion, since some those (or necessary) platforms didn't exist pre-99.
>>
>>2801893
>that would affect ports

No, because those games are covered in the very first clause under consoles. As was said earlier, "forms/platforms" is for non-standard video game shit like electronic games and Pocket Stations and the like. Everything that's on consoles or PC is covered by the first two clauses and it's pretty clear if you just read it properly.

>arcade games

Once again, they're already mentioned and have their own clause and actually do function just like PC games, no arcade games after 1999 allowed.
>>
>>2799982
yes, once i find my complete collection box
>>
Anyone know of any websites which still have player created skins for Sims?

I used to download a lot of them, but lost them ages ago.
>>
>>2801957
My brother once downloaded a skin for Duke Nukem.

He made a cool house and gave him two babes, he was thinking he was gonna get Duke to hook up with the girls, but since he's actually just a Sim and not Duke Nukem, it resulted in the image of one of the girls slapping Duke in the face for two-timing and then Duke crying into his hands.
>>
>>2801928
>arcade games after 99 don't count, even if they were released for older hardware
>newer emulation hardware doesn't count, because they don't have their own clause
Gotcha.
>newer emulation programs don't count, because they don't have their own clause
>newer homebrews don't count, unless a physical copy that can run on original hardware is produced
>>
>>2802026
lol.
>>
>>2800404

As a real life Navajo I find it funny that you equate our language to literal gibberish.

Did it ever cross your mind to at least do a search for some sample Navajo text to see if it even sounds remotely like anything in the game? Wait, why am I even asking? Of course you didn't. You're not the kind of person who would ever attempt to verify information before spreading it.

You should play Metal Gear Solid 2. It has an interesting message of choose what information you choose to spread. You had a choice of spreading only the truth, and you blew it.
>>
>>2801415

I'm so glad that this scared other people too. I really thought I was the only one until I started seeing other people mention it too.

My home getting robbed in The Sims is the only thing that has ever freaked me out in a video game, and I've played plenty of horror games. It's only the first Sims, too. It's not scary at all in the other ones. Maybe it's the creepy music? The fact that there's little you can do (you almost never have enough time to wake your sim and call the police)? I'm not sure.
>>
>>2803795

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Il5aZhYy8E

Damn, the death songs are depressing. The fire songs are just brilliant.

Who composed this music? It's fucking amazing.
>>
>>2802129
>newer emulation programs don't count, because they don't have their own clause
>newer homebrews don't count, unless a physical copy that can run on original hardware is produced

I know you're trying for a GOTCHA moment, but you fail to realize that you're right. Homebrew games that were made post-1999 aren't protected, even if it's for an older console.
>>
>>2803785
see
>>2800674

Welcome to 3 days ago.
>>
>>2803829

Your sarcasm detector clearly needs a tune up, anon.
>>
>>2803835
>make a shitty post just like someone else did, days late
>IT WAS SARCASM ALL ALONG THIS TIME

Yeah, no. If you're the Navajo guy you're just trying to backpedal.
>>
>>2803835
So subtle it actually became real.

But far more likely a cover for getting blown the fuck out.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n14n13iciS1qeg8k4.png (44KB, 350x168px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n14n13iciS1qeg8k4.png
44KB, 350x168px
>>
File: 1447920361330.png (992KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447920361330.png
992KB, 1280x720px
>bought each expansion as they came out back
>had shitty computer at the time, Win 98 or so
>each one I had installed increased the startup load time by +10 mins
>end up having to wait over an hour just to play
>>
The Sims was the only game my sister played, aside from occasional Mario Party/Diablo games.

She never let me play it.
>>
I loved the first Sims, but after they gave Sims 2 with everything out for free there's no real reason to keep playing 1. Sims 2 complete is just better in every category, except load times.
>>
>>2806323

It's a shame the original sims doesn't work under WINE. I haven't tried the second one yet because the netbook I want to put it on doesn't have room for a 4 gig iso + whatever the install file is
>>
>>2806323
Sims is one of the few games, and like, the only PC game, where women players outnumber the males. I remember a group of girls in my school talking about their Sim households to each other, it was weird to see.
>>
When the first Sims came out, I played the SHIT out of it.

I remember going to the Maxis site and downloading other peoples' houses from the Exchange, or whatever. And the shitload of fansites were cool: Frankensim, Seven Deadly Sims, etc.

It was a fun time. I lost interest after House Party, though.
>>
>>2806276
I loved setting the clown painting on fire. It would spontaneously set the actual clown on fire at the same time.
>>
>>2806432
virtual doll house and dress-up

> you've been playing a girl's game but thought nothing of it because BUILDING AND DESIGN AUTISM WOOOO
>>
>>2800348
go back to krautchan
>>
>>2806276
Oh fuck. That reminds me. This is one of the few games my dad played. He made a family -the Wilsons- who just kept sliding further and further into depression. It was actually heartbreaking.
>>
File: nemz9t0t6f1tqtabko4_250.gif (1MB, 218x163px) Image search: [Google]
nemz9t0t6f1tqtabko4_250.gif
1MB, 218x163px
I used to designate one character as the house slave, who would do all the chores and was barely allowed enough food to survive. He was forced to fix and cleanup everything, take care of any babies that were born, and was forced to always stay awake through a combination of not having his own bed, always drinking coffee, and having my house plastered with wall-mounted tvs that were always on. If there was a chore to do, I forced him to do it above satisfying any of his needs (except eating). If he pissed himself while taking out the trash, too bad. If he passed out from exhaustion, I'd just wait for the tvs to wake him up. It got to the point where he'd usually bury his hands in his face and sob after every task. He later died fighting a fire after I launched a bottle rocket inside the house. I sold the urn.
>>
File: 1442780561477.gif (2MB, 295x216px) Image search: [Google]
1442780561477.gif
2MB, 295x216px
>>2807507

Damn, I've done some fucked up shit with my sims before, but that's pretty brutal and creative. I'm going to have to try that sometime.
>>
Almost want to play the sims now....
>>
>>2806276
FUCK that clown. Absolutely ruins everything. It boggles my mind how they thought this was a good idea
>>
>>2799982
What does that spanish "meh-meh" text on that image say? I assume you know OP.
>>
>>2799989
>>2800338
>>2800395
>>2803804
>Who composed the music?

http://simsoundtracks.com/
>>
>>2808343
It's sad to think that when you finish the house and the perfect sim and then they just burn it or the whole family gets in the pool and they drown :)
>>
>>2808381
That's retarded to be desu. If you can make a perfect house then you should easily be able to prevent them drowning or burning down.
>>
I still got this game, what should i do next time i play?
>>
GOAT game

GOAT soundtrack
>>
>>2809092
Try not to die from cheating computers.
>>
File: latest.png (33KB, 873x736px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
33KB, 873x736px
>>2800020
ever tried jumping the most possible career tracks by over-maxing them out?
>>
Eveyrthing by Jerry Martin is pure gold.
>>
>>2810796
heh, that pic makes me want to play the game even less. I already hate it for killing the Sim games series, but that graph there, looks so convoluted and mindnumbing, I can't imagine a good game associated with it
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.