[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think of this game? I got it recently for cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Chrono-Cross-Wallpaper-2.jpg (193KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Chrono-Cross-Wallpaper-2.jpg
193KB, 1024x768px
What does /vr/ think of this game? I got it recently for cheap and it seems decent. The elements system seems like it might have its flaws but the music, setting, and premise are pretty interesting. Thoughts?
>>
You can completely bruteforce your way through this game with no probs. Elements are useless except for the last boss battle.
>>
>>2799936
dont mean to be rude desu senpai but there's still a thread about this game on the catalog
>>
>>2799947
Shit, really? I thought they would at least have some tactical use by the sounds of things. Maybe I'm just spoiled by FF Tactics where you can really plan out what you do.
>>
>>2799957
Thanks. I'll check it out!
>>
>>2799958
nah just mash attack senpai
jerryporogas have 1 strategy, mash attack
you'll do jut fine
>>
>>2799958

If the element field is all the same color then you can use summons, but only after you've caught them. They're pretty useless though.

And there is a tactical need for them in the end. You have to use the colors of the elements in a certain color to get the good ending
>>
>>2799958
Unsurprisingly being able to use 5 physical attacks per turn renders offensive magic pretty useless.
>>
Elements are, for the most part, useless. There are a few dedicated spell casters that will get the best use out of them (Guile with his inverted spell slot tree comes to mind), but most characters will not be using elements. In the rare event in which you DO use them, it's against something that is incredibly weak to a certain element, or to disrupt the field's color. This is especially important against a certain HOLYDRGSWD boss who will remain unnamed., since you're forced to fight him with at least one character of the opposite element.

Otherwise, just spam physical attacks and heal accordingly.
>>
>>2799936
Miguel is Crono in disguise
>>
>>2800424
You mean Magus, right?

Crono was killed by Dalton.
>>
>>2800437
No ffam, Crono was living in exile under an assumed name
>>
>>2800463
Then where was Marle? Why does Crono's ghost show up in the dead sea scrolls?
>>
>>2800518
Marle either died in Gaurdia, or felt she needed to stay with her people.

Those weren't ghosts, they were apparitions.
>>
>>2800518
>>2800580
I thought those were the ghosts of Crono + friends from the timeline that Lavos destroyed. As in, the 2300 AD timeline from CT.
>>
>>2800424
>>2800437
Guile is amnesiac Magus, but Miguel isn't Crono. Crono's left-handed while Miguel is right-handed. Miguel knows a lot about CT because FATE gave him the information.

Crono is most likely dead, or hiding in an alternate dimension. Considering how almost everyone else died tragically, it's not a stretch to assume he got killed by Dalton.
>>
>>2800646
Disregard all of this, almost none of it is correct at all.

>>2800594
This, on the other hand, is entirely correct. The Crono you see in the Dead Sea isn't the Crono you know.
>>
>>2800679
>acting like you know the answers when the game leaves things vague and ambiguous
Fuck off.
>>
Yeah Lavos pretty much flips over the checker board and just kills Crono when he's a kid to avoid ever having to fight him
>>
harle is my waifu

that's all
>>
Good game, bad sequel. Hated how it pretty much said fuck you to CT's happy ending.
>>
>>2800680
The game specifically says that it's not CT Crono.
>>
>>2802357
Miguel (who's not Crono) says they aren't, but he could've been lying about it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.