[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I output to my TV from my computer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: aac0001.jpg (47KB, 800x594px) Image search: [Google]
aac0001.jpg
47KB, 800x594px
For those consoles I don't have I must emulate.
My video card has a composite port.
When I plugged it into my CRT and turned on the computer it showed the POST and boot sequence and then the display turned black when it got to the login screen. The computer monitor still showed the desktop.

I looked on google but they only have tutorials for modern flat TVs.
I tried a bunch of options in the control panel such as resolution and monitor select but I can't get it work.
>>
Check your driver if you can set up the TV as a secondary or primary monitor with the correct format.
>>
simple question with very complicated answer.

ideally you want to output 15khz 240p using soft15khz or arcadeVGA . You then need an RGB capable monitor or RGB-YUV transcoder.

this is assuming your looking for best quality.
>>
CRT_emudriver

Or use GroovyArcade Linux distro
>>
>>2799827
This, and then this:
>>2799807

Or use the catalog to find the real crt thread and ask in there.
>>
I'm using windows 7 if it makes any difference.
>>
>>2800098
Please use the CRT thread.
>>
>>2800098
The first response was the answer you were looking for, the next two were the "right" way to do it if you want top quality (requires an rgb display or additional transcoding to YPbPr component)
>>
>>2800104
...because the composite out will be forced 480i and will look like shit compared to real consoles or true 240p via VGA.
>>
>>2800118
The composite out can probably be forced to 240p but it will still look inferior to RGB because of dot crawl and bleed.
>>
>>2800118
If you want to try that shit anyway, you'll want to go through your driver's control panel options pretty rigorously. If you can't find anything in there, download an older driver from close to when your graphics card was released.

IMO it looks so bad you might as well use LCD. True 240p, on the other hand is gorgeous and just like the real thing.
>>
>>2800124
Probably can't be, I think you meant. No first-party driver will do it, and it's too inferior for any one to have bothered customising one. Same with built-in S-Video ports.

There's always Linux though, I'll grant.
>>
>>2799732
you could try this, i order one but hasn't arrived yet so i can't tell how good it is
>>
>>2800839
I mine just like that but I got a new TV so its hdmi a few days after it showed up. I never tried it.
>>
I used to use an FX5200 with an S-Video out back in the day.

I believe if your GPU supports interlaced video, you can output a 480i signal from your VGA port.
>>
>>2799732
If you have a softmodded Wii and a softmodded Wii is capable of running the emulators you wish to run that could be an alternative to using the computer.
>>
>>2799732
>For those consoles I don't have I must emulate.
What an odd and entitled thing to say.
>>
>>2802328
>emulating and being self entitled is odd on the new /v/
Welcome n00b
>>
Piggybacking on this thread for a quick question. My software for my graphics card appears to support 240p resolutions, however it only has vga and dvi outputs. I would like to hook it up via S-video and i see that monoprice has a vga to s-video adapter. It says that it only works on gfx cards that support tv out. Will this adapter only work on a card thats specifically wired to output s-video from the vga port? Or should this work as long as my card can actually output 240p?
>>
>>2802621
>specifically wired
Yes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.