[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the only quest/objective based 2Dplatformer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

Other than the sequel
>>
Goemon's Great Adventure comes to mind
>>
>>2799719

I still have yet to complete this game.

I got to this giant bird, and dropped off at some weird overview map, and lost interest at the time.

How far did I get, and does it stay good?
>>
Wario Land 3 maybe?
>>
Dizzy and Treasure Island Dizzy
>>
>>2799796
Just reaching the halfway point.
Yes, it does!
>>
Better question: Is this the best genre? Look at all those great games:
>>2799719
>>2799723
>>2799801
>>2799804
Why isn't there more of it?
>>
Wonder Boy/Monster World
Shantae
Adventure Island to some extent
Gargoyle's Quest series (created by the same guy who created Tomba by the way)
Zelda II kinda
>>
I had this game when I was a kid but my mom sold it in a garage sale.
>>
>>2799796
>and does it stay good
nigga it gets BETTER every second
>>
>>2799885
Wonder boy and adventure island are still mostly linear, and shantae is really more like a Zelda game. Demons crest is probably closest. And yet still not quite the exploration and changing areas that tomba has. I'm playing through it the second time and am really starting to realize how great of a game it is.
>>
>>2799723
Didn't know there was another goemon game on N64. I'll check this out for sure.
>>
>>2799885
Isn't every side scroller with RPG elements like this? Especially the metroidvanias.
>>
>Wanderers from Ys
>Asterix and the power of Gods
>Quack Pack

These are the Genesis 2D adventures I can think of know.
>>
Enemy: Tempest of Violence is up there.
>>
Did Kirby's Dream Land 3 have objectives? I think it did
>>
>>2803423
Yeah, I guess so...It's sort of a stretch compared to other games in this list, but it's fair to say there were extra objectives in each stage.

I'll never forget having to freeze metroids for Samus herself! And how she looked so disappointed if you didn't.
>>
>>2803904
>>2803423
The sound memory game fuck me so hard. Goddamn.
>>
>>2800078
I think it's better than Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, but that maybe due to the fact I played Goemon's Great Adventure first. That being said I still haven't beaten that game since it's so hard, harder than the first game on N64 by a mile, but man it's fantastic, I better dedicate a week or two so I can beat it once and for all.
>>
Alien 3 has that.
>>
I've been playing the second game on an emulator and it amazes me how beautiful the background art is. I love this game series.
>>
File: lamulana.jpg (102KB, 500x519px) Image search: [Google]
lamulana.jpg
102KB, 500x519px
>>
>>2799719
>tfw playing Tomba 2
>tfw confused as FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>2804505
>tfw barrel is broken
>>
>>2804505

I'm playing Tomba 1 now, and that's confusing as fuck. Can't really get any further after riding the sick phoenix to the mouse village. I can only finish a few side quests.
>>
Why did these games sell like shit?
>>
>>2807560
Can't speak for America, but here in Britain everyone I know fucking loved the demo, but could never find it for sale fucking anywhere. A few of my friend's dads were even hunting for it to play it and had no luck.
>>
>>2807856

Yeah, I looked it up, and apparently it was hard to find eveywhere. How sad, I wonder how a game ends up like that. Did Sony have really low expectations for it or something, so they barely produced any copies?
>>
>>2807856
Similar for me. The Tombi demo is one of the most memorable things of the ps1 era for me.
>>
I wish there were more games like Tomba. Tomba 2 is my favourite game ever, and never have I found a game similar to the Tomba games. I was debating making a game like it but I don't know how to inject Tomba's charm into anything.
>>
File: gfs_43045_1_5.jpg (74KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_43045_1_5.jpg
74KB, 960x720px
>Ctrl+F
>MFW no Tail Concerto
>>
>>2809385
That's not 2D
>>
>>2809040
Agreed, I'd happily say it's the greatest demo ever made. You have so much freedom to discover shit from the outset, and there are certain things you'd be unlikely to find unless you have run through the demo enough times to.
>>
>>2804490
Really great game but it's not retro, even though it emulates retroness almost perfectly.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.