[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ninja Gaiden thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: super_replay_ng_600.jpg (76KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
super_replay_ng_600.jpg
76KB, 610x343px
hey /vr/, just beat ninja gaiden on the nes and have to say it was one of my favorite nes games! just wanted to know what you guys think about this trilogy on the nes.
>>
NG1 is my favorite game of all time. It never gets old. Wasn't so into 2 or 3 but they're still good.
>>
File: 1361446957719.gif (4KB, 256x196px) Image search: [Google]
1361446957719.gif
4KB, 256x196px
Enjoyed all the NES games. NG3US nearly drove me insane, but I cleared it.
>>
>>2799214

I want to try the famicom version but I don't feel like buying a system for 1 game
>>
>>2799214
You think ninja gaiden 3 was the hardest?
>>
>>2799254
honestly yes, but I think this is mostly because I spoiled NG1 myself with speedrun videos. From NG2 on I played them blind.
>>
>>2799254
It's an objective fact 3 is the hardest. They really altered the US version to be brutal. You take twice the damage and they limited your continues.
>>
>>2799245
Good thing there's more to the Famicom than Ninja Ryukenden III.
>>
Used to think NGIII was the best due to fond childhood memories. After putting time into all 3 back to back recently, NGII is all around best.
>>
I am very fond of II. It's one of my favorite games of all time; very satisfying to memorize and conquer.

I just beat I last night and, while I liked it, I felt that the end of the game relied too clearly on doing the same two tricks -- cutting down small hitboxes in the air and successfully landing on small platforms that have enemies on them -- far too much. Indeed, the middle form of the last boss is essentially just that over and over again.

I also thought the decision to send you back to 6-1 instead of 6-3 was very stupid, as they're not particularly interesting levels (outside of 6-2, which is great) and the second form of the last boss is probably the least fun part of the game. I'm not one to complain about the bird hitboxes -- I understand full well that you aren't really supposed to be able to hit them when they first appear a lot of the time -- but the hitbox of that boss is Sonic 2 Death Egg levels of bad and it's simply not fun having to wait that long in between attempts.

I've never played NG3. I live in Japan and could get it fairly easily, but as I already own a SFC I'm eyeing the trilogy collection; how does that play?
>>
>>2800620
Trilogy is pretty bad from what I hear. I never played it personally but it's always brought up how it's vastly inferior. Just going by memory I think the audio is off and at least in the US version there's some censorship in turning the blood green and stuff like that, not sure about the JP version. I'm sure other anons can give you the full rundown but I'm pretty sure everyone considers the NES/Senpai originals to be superior in almost every way.
>>
>>2799937

I know there is but I'm trying to focus on Saturn and SFC for now. If I get into a third system it'll be the Genesis

I'd check out trilogy on SFC but for that price I can just buy Hagane
>>
>>2799214
Wait... What's that screenshot from? I don't recognize it from the NES games, and they never use 3rd person narration like that either.
>>
>>2801641
SMS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWo-Lm0FQZo#t=1m22s
>>
Is the SNES trilogy worth playing over the NES series? I can't tell for sure but it seems like the graphics are a bit fucked up on it.
>>
>>2801671
it doesn't improve anything, misses special effects like NG2 lightning and butchers the music. What do you think?
>>
>>2801664
>>2801641

SMS version has 2 versions, the difference being the dialogue in the cutscenes. I'm not sure if both are affected by the max magic glitch but I think they are.
>>
>>2801671
A one-generation-removed remaster. A mixed bag of "why did they change that?" to "I wish they hadn't changed that." Typically not the best idea.

See also: Metal Gear Solid vs The Twin Snakes
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.