[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Gear Solid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: Metal-Gear-Solid-Box-Art.jpg (31KB, 696x600px) Image search: [Google]
Metal-Gear-Solid-Box-Art.jpg
31KB, 696x600px
Just played through this again for the first time in 15 years. Never played any of the other ones before.

The replayability is awesome. Story is awesome.

Thoughts?
>>
meh
>>
>>2798730
Thanks for your verbosity
>>
If you're not restricted to retro games, you should play 2&3 as they're excellent as well.
>>
Replayability? Not really. Good for one play through and that's it.
>>
>>2798754
I would argue that not playing it in 15 years qualifies as almost playing through it again fresh.

I remembered the general storyline, but not anything else.

Maybe I'm just a nostalgia whore.
>>
>>2798754
i think MGS1 is way more replayable than the rest of the series easily
>>
MGS1 is garbage
>>
>>2798775
This.

I can't tell you how many times I've beaten it. It's a good way to kill an after it if you go into it with an "it's an action movie" mindset if that makes sense.
>>
Did the same recently. That game is a great time.
>>
Now do it while smoking
>>
>Thoughts?

I think you should play MGS2.
>>
>>2798727
After finishing this one go and play Metal Gear Solid 2

Everything and I mean EVERYTHING about the gameplay gets improved. Oh and the story is pretty rad too but thats just my opinion.
>>
SNAKE?
>>
>>2798727
Yea, go play MGS 2. You don't need to continue after that because the gameplay doesn't get much better.
>>
>>2798968
>Everything and I mean EVERYTHING about the gameplay gets improved.
I have to disagree on one aspect; Tranq guns. They really take away from the stealth aspect of the game since you can one-hit-KO anyone with a really easy-to-aim weapon.

Sure, in-universe they make sense, but from a gameplay perspective I feel it damaged the game.
>>
>>2800048
You realize the tranq gun didn't do anything a silenced pistol couldn't already do?
>>
>>2800048
>but from a gameplay perspective I feel it damaged the game
Why? You can kill easily all the soldiers in mgs by quickly shooting them with the silenced gun, and you get a random item in return

Since the camera was on the top three-shots to kill made sense, which is the same in mgs2 when you shoot without the fps mode
>>
>You don't need to continue after that because the gameplay doesn't get much better.
mfw Snake Eater is the arguably the best game in the series.
>>
>>2798743
MGS3>MGS2
>>
>>2803101
3 is the best in the whole series in my opinion. And I don't just mean Solid.
>>
>>2798727

Great game and an all time classic. Check out 2 and 3 Subsistence as well.
>>2798804
Ayylmao
>>
>>2803101
MGS looks worse, plays worse, has shit loads of useless menu flipping, you need to pause to switch camo, pause to fix broken bones, pause to fix snake bites, pause to eat, pause to recharge stamina just so you can use your weapons, the story's presentation is fucking embarassing compared to the last two, easy, zero effort bosses, the open forests have no thought put into them compared to the first two game's level design, and none of the characters are interesting except Ocelot.

Also it sold half as much as MGS and is consistently ranked as worse, and is the most forgotten of the main series. I can keep going if you like.
>>
>>2803206
*MGS3

My phone autocorrects MGS3 to MGS because even it knows it's not worth talking about
>>
>>2803206
No need. You've already established yourself as an insufferable douche and subpar shitposter.
>>
>>2803206
Everyone has their opinion. That yours and many other's are different from mine doesn't bother me, I'm this guy >>2803103 and love it. It's all good.
>>
>>2803210
>blames his phone for his own stupidity
I never played MGS3, but I wonder how many of your "points" should also be brought into question.
>>
>>2803217
You should turned me around with those hot opinions, you fat angry faggot.

>>2803223
>Blames his phone for his own stupidity

Really? You really think I was talking about the first game the whole time and just didn't realize?
>>
As a Metal Gear fan I think the game excels in several ways, but it's let down by some overly brisk pacing that doesn't give the game time to explore its design. The bosses are great, but their presence really does overpower everything else. Metal Gear 2 and Ghost Babel find a much better balance and as a result they tend to use their similar mechanics much more effectively.
>>
>>2803206
none of these "examples" you complained about are a problem. you're probably just one of those faggots that expected the upcoming game to be similar to the ones before it and when it implemented new features your autistic side came out.
>>
>>2803230
>Really? You really think I was talking about the first game the whole time and just didn't realize?

you're stupid enough, so i wouldn't put it past you.
>>
>>2803206
Pausing to switch camo is fine and inline with switching items from every other MGS game. The broken bone stuff did get old after the novelty wore off, I agree.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.