[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Murasamejou get the occasional nod, but this shining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Mike Jones.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Jones.png
4KB, 256x224px
Why does Murasamejou get the occasional nod, but this shining example of classic gaming doesn't get any recognition? Surely Mike Jones, with two games to his name, commands more respect than Takamaru or the various other one-hit wonders that Nintendo trots out every once in a while.
>>
literally whiteboy: the game
>>
Probably because most Nintendo games are made in Japan, and StarTropics was only released for the NA audience.
>>
japs are racists, more news at 11
>>
>>2798640
To be fair, that's actually what makes him kind of unique. White-ass boys as protagonists stopped really being a thing a long time ago, and compared to a lot of other classic Nintendo characters it's a very different look and sense of humor.
>>
Nobody cares about your childhood games, OP.
>>
>>2798652
true
>>
He's fairly similar to Ness, but with a less unique art style and from a far less popular game. Granted, Takamaru is just Samurai Link, but that game was really popular.
>>
I don't think it was even that popular. If it was, wouldn't Nintendo use the Virtual Console to let Japs play it, like how we got JP-exclusive games?
>>
File: 1411344662745.png (242KB, 401x365px) Image search: [Google]
1411344662745.png
242KB, 401x365px
>>2798653
>Implying I even remembered playing it as a child until recently.
>Implying I even beat the first level when playing it as a kid at my friend's house.

Nostalgia has nothing to do with it, and Startropics doesn't really need a lot of attention. It's just interesting that Nintendo gives little nudges to a lot of its niche games but ignores this one...and Joy Mech Flight for some reason.
>>
>>2798647

you mean americans aren't racist?
>>
>>2798640

whats the problem with Mike being a white boy?

I am not American and playing as a very American baseball player appeals to me as playing as a very Japanese character.
Many of the best characters in videogames are ethnic stereotypes, like all Street Fighter 2 characters.
>>
>>2798745
Japs don't like whitey
>>
>>2798745
>Many of the best characters in videogames are ethnic stereotypes, like all Street Fighter 2 characters.
HUE
>>
>>2798668
Joy Mech Fight is the one that really bugs me, that game is fantastic.

I almost wonder if they want people to think that no Nintendo fighter existed before Smash Bros.

More likely is it's just not all that popular. If I recall correctly, Sukapon at least got a sticker in Brawl, not much but it's something.
>>
>>2798745
>Many of the best characters in videogames are ethnic stereotypes, like all Street Fighter 2 characters.

And everyone in Punch-Out!!
>>
Well, IIRC startropics at least got a virtual console release. Probably not the sequel though since its kinda shit.
>maybe Nintendo should take the bananas out of their ears
>>
Because Japanese game developers tend to disown or disavow products they released exclusively for the overseas market. From my understanding, having a Japanese game that is only released overseas is treated as a sign that the game wasn't good enough for its native market according to Shinji Mikami, who worked on the Game Boy version of Roger Rabbit (which never got a Japanese release) years before he did Resident Evil.
>>
>>2800856
Both are on Wii VC, and first one is on wiiU VC
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.