[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Controller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 75153611.gif (3MB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
75153611.gif
3MB, 600x396px
>never find a second-hand 64 controller that works

>why live?
>>
File: ok.jpg (11KB, 390x213px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
11KB, 390x213px
>>2798358

Where are you buying them from?

If it's Egay and you always go for the cheapest one, what else do you expect????????????!
>>
Go to more flea markets and garage sales. You can also fix them yourself
>>
In the Early 2000s, when the N64 was on the cusp of officially dying, I foresaw this problem and bought up quite a few controllers. Thanks to that I still have 4 like-new controllers with nice, taut joysticks.
>>
tfw find a n64 controller at a used game store and the stick feels brand new
>>
>>2798539
Be sure you clean out the old lube and put in some silicone grease if you want it to last.
>>
File: 1423265206503.jpg (57KB, 752x420px) Image search: [Google]
1423265206503.jpg
57KB, 752x420px
I've found a few out in the wild with near perfect sticks.

FYI it's not the stick that breaks but the two arms it sits in.

Something like this would bring it back to life

http://www.nesrepairshop.com/Catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_83&products_id=1058&zenid=lf1kht3nj1evlktomtcl5qled6

Also, >>2798629 they never put any type of lubricant into N64 sticks at all, at least not in the USA.

You also want to use white lithium grease
>>
File: 6886099379_9d43900dc3[1].jpg (64KB, 499x476px) Image search: [Google]
6886099379_9d43900dc3[1].jpg
64KB, 499x476px
>not using superior N64 horipad controllers
>dat joystick hnnnnnggg

Seriously, if you have the money, or if you're really lucky, get yourself 1 (or 4) of these things. They're amazing.
>>
I was surprised at how easy it was to find like-new n64 controllers on ebay. Most are shipped from Japan. Just find ones with multiple photos showing the control stick, where it appears to be centered.

Your mileage may vary, but I've bought two using this method and both were wonderful.
>>
>>2800351
I took the plunge and got 2 of these from eBay.

It was expensive, but they got here in literally like 2 days from Glorious Nippon to Canada.

Listed as "acceptable" condition and the grade was like a C- or something.

Work perfectly. Fucking amazing.

Way more ergonomic for most N64 games and the like ~3 that use a D-pad you can just use the standard controller.
>>
>have an N64 controller that works perfectly
>feels great
>>
>>2800392
>obviously never had Mario Party
I pity you.
>>
>>2800409
You're supposed to have specific, designated Mario Party controllers, man, this has been a rule for the last 16 odd years.
>>
File: great-laugh-reaction-gif.gif (510KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
great-laugh-reaction-gif.gif
510KB, 480x228px
>>2798358
>mfw I found a great condition gold N64 controller at Goodwill
>mfw it's got probably the best handling I've seen in years in terms of analog play from a used controller
Someone must've loved it dearly.
>>
do any of you open up your controllers to grease them?
>>
>>2800391
I'm broke af so I can't afford them, but they're amazing for games like mario party where some of the mini games require you to rotate the joystick alot.

One day I'll get one. One day.
>>
>>2800378
>Most are shipped from Japan.

that makes sense I suppose. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't japanese controllers have lubricant in the analog stick's moving parts?
I remember reading somewhere that the reason they broke so often was because nintendo couldn't license the lubricant they used in the N64 controller outside of japan.
Or maybe wherever I read that just made it up
>>
>>2800426
Yes
>>
>>2800351
Holy shit if the N64 had this I would have actually finished OoT
>>
>>2800351
>>2800351
ugyl turd
>>
>>2801590

I plan to order one out of hand, the second I get an N64- the stock controllers are simply too finicky from what I remember of my younger days.
>>
>>2801602

Shit aesthetics.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.