[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vr/ think about the first Medal of Honor ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: MedalOfHonor_PSX_05.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MedalOfHonor_PSX_05.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
What does /vr/ think about the first Medal of Honor ?
>>
>>2797701
I thought it was kind of hard to get used to the controls / gameplay at first, but ended up liking it quite a bit. Underground was good, too.
>>
I loved Medal Of Honor: Underground when it first came out.

I tried to play it last year again and discovered the controls are complete shit. Like 007 goldeneye tier crap (i never liked that game, fuck you)

Sad day.
>>
>>2797704
Frontline is the best first level in FPS history.

Motherfucking Omaha Beach.
>>
>>2797701
Underground is significantly better, but the first one is still cool. Fantastic sound effects, good music. Very stiff and ugly engine (I recognized this at the time) but it runs and plays well. It felt a bit like WW2 Goldeneye with the enemy hit reactions and behaviors, plus the mission objectives.

>>2797708
>the controls are complete shit
Nah, they're fine.
>>
>>2797701
I shamefully admit, never played it.
Opted for Caladoody.
>>
>>2797701
YOUR PAPERS ARE IN ORDER
>>
>>2797701
loved it growing up

i think there was a trench part i really fucking hated that took forever to beat
>>
Funny thing I was unable to appreciate the game when I first played, at a time PS1 was my most advanced console. Playing it a few years ago was a absolutely new experience, the slow paced gameplay and atmosphere are pretty good, if not my favourite it is one of my choices of best /vr/ fps games
>>
Wow. PS1 graphics have aged like hot dog shit sitting in the sun all day.
>>
>>2800858
If you like graphics so much why don't you go back to >>>/v/
and play Star Wars Battlefront 3 all day
>>
>>2797701
PSX and PS2 games were fucking terrible.

Medal of Honour Allied Assault on PC however was amazing. It was pretty much the very first COD game.
>>
>>2801428
>Medal of Honour Allied Assault on PC however was amazing. It was pretty much the very first COD game.
hell it's probably the best COD game
>no 2 weapon limit
>no regen health
>no iron sights

I'm watching a gameplay video now and its gunplay still looks ludicrously satisfying

but yeah, it's not retro, take deep breaths you fucking autist
>>
I loved those dancing German Shepherds.
>>
Amazing soundtrack and graphics, the control don't need to be mentioned, because they aren't bad, they simply were released in a time where you were still supposed to LEARN the controls, not just pick up and play. They are fine and I can get headshots in a row just fine.
>>
>>2797701
One of my favorite games on the PSX, however I lented to a friend who broke it. Holy shit it broke my heart as a kid.

The soundtrack are really excellent, listening to it now. Wish I still had the game.
>>
>>2797701
I find it sad that the enemies in that game react more to being shot than most modern shooters.
>>
>>2800858
Dog shit actually gets less gross the longer it sits outside and dries out, so.
>>
It was the only FPS to give me motion sickness.
>>
>>2801428
>honour
kek
>>
>>2797701
Probably the last and one of the only games I played on my PS1, and I had the controller without the analog sticks so that was fun.
>>
>>2804263
That's objectively the correct way of spelling it.
>>
>>2801428
Rising Sun was really fun. Hours of fun with my bros.
>>
>>2797701
i loved that game growing up.
>music
>menus
10/10 aesthetic
>>
>>2797708
The spooky castle level gave me the heebie-jeebies.
>>
Could you throw back grenades?
>>
>>2797701
Underground was better.

I could makes shots at those silly nazis psoing for photographs all days.
>>
>>2807307
No, but the guards can.
>>
>>2807358
Couldn't you shoot the grenades while in the enemies hand? I loved this game when it came out but haven't played in years. I remember I could never get the Medal of Honor because of one level later in the game I couldn't finish fast enough or something.
>>
>>2797701
This was probably my favorite fps for ps1. Hasn't aged very well though, kinda like golden eye in that respect.
>>
Didn't this come out on PC? I could swear I've played this but mobygames doesn't list it as a PC game.
>>
>>2807358

Was there a PS1 game where you could?
>>
>>2798320
YOU ARE JIMMY PATTERSON THE AMERICAN SPY !
>>
I used to play among the highest rank teams in mohaa. Really miss that game.
>>
>>2801470
MOHAA was fucking awesome. The deathmatch was so much fun despite the ludicrously unbalanced weapons.

I still consider it retro even though it came out in 2002. I mean, that was nearly 15 years ago. The very definition of "retro" changes over time.
>>
>>2807891
I love the multiplayer maps in AA. I'm especially fond of Destroyed Village and Stalingrad.
>>
>>2807419
I don't think you can shoot the actual grenades to make them explode in MoH (you can in GoldenEye), but as I recall you can shoot the guards as they're about to throw and stun them so the grenades explode while they're holding them.
>>
>>2807497
I don't remember that in any PS1 game. The first game I remember being able to throw grenades back was the Day of Defeat mod for HL1. That's just my personal memory though, not claiming it's the first ever.
>>
>>2808285

According to the GB site (which even GB would admit isn't the end all be all) the first FPS that did that was Postal 2 though it probably got popularized by DoD Source or Call of Duty 2
>>
>>2807358

The first time I threw a grenade at a group of Nazi soldiers and saw one of them dive on top of it to save his comrades I knew I was playing something amazing.
>>
the american has dog biscuits in his pocket
>>
The levels are comically small, but it was surprisingly decent for a console FPS, I played it recently.

Only nostalgia can make you think it could be better than Allied Assault, however
>>
>>2808680
>His body doesn't reduce wave in any way
>He and his comrades are dead
>>
>>2797710
>Played a Console Port of a Superior PC Game
>>
>>2797710
It's laughable now because there's a max of maybe 6 or 7 soldiers on the beach at any time. Not sure if the Allied Assault version of the level had more.
>>
>>2811703
It did. It had so much shit going on.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.