[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baldur's Gate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Baldur's_Gate_box.png (385KB, 407x494px) Image search: [Google]
Baldur's_Gate_box.png
385KB, 407x494px
I just started playing Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition for the first time. I played the original for about half an hour once when I was around 14 but gave up since it was to hard but man am I glad I gave it a second chance. This game is great. BG Thread.
>>
I'm in the same boat. Made a half-orc fighter. Just going to run train for as long as I can. Probably won't use more that 4 party members max
>>
>>2794263
No reason to not fill out your party.
Just get two archers or something as filler, they'll pull their weight.
>>
>>2794767
Oh, shut your gob.
>>
>>2794767
don't play old games on flat screens, you cocksucker
>>
>>2794767
Actually, I disagree with you. Not because the Enhanced Edition isn't shit, because it unequivocally is, but because if you had to play one first, it should be the Enhanced Edition.

If you play the regular game first, you won't be able to play the Enhanced Edition. The fanfic-tier characters they add, cringey dialogue, stupid fucking A/B/C choices and every other godawful things put into the EE will ruin it for you.

But if you play the Enhanced Edition first, you won't know that it's not supposed to be there and can easily transition to the regular game whenever you want.
>>
>>2794926
Can't you skip the shitty new characters in EE though? Like you can just walk past them as if they weren't there.
>>
>>2794954
One of them forces dialogue and a short fight before you can tell her to fuck off. Come to think of it, the monk in front of the Nashkel inn also forces dialogue before you can tell him to fuck off. You can ignore Dorn.
>>
>>2795086
She's totally the best one out of the bunch though
>>
>>2795086
>One of them forces dialogue and a short fight before you can tell her to fuck off
What if you just kill her, take her shit and be on your way?
She starts a fight, it wouldn't be unreasonable.
>>
I played this for ~20 hours on Wine until the audio stopped working after I installed pulseaudio.

Never played BGII because of it, either.

Such is life on Linux.
>>
>>2795320
I thought Linux fags were supposed to be computer savvy and be able to fix all their own problems?
>>
>>2795336
That's a myth. The only reason I use Linux is that using a laptop with a small screen and no mouse without a tiling window manager is a pain in the ass. All I can do is Google stuff.
>>
>>2795086
Is BG2 Enhanced as cringey as this? I'm playing it right now (wish I could find a multiplayer group, despite the pressure to rush through dialogue) and so far none of the characters have tripped my bullshit sensor
>>
>>2796801
the entirety of BG2 pretty much makes me cringe what with all it's edgelord garbage
>>
>>2796814
Oh well, just as long as Imoen stops bitching about torture and I get to be a dope Bard I think I'll be happy. Maybe I'll just play multiplayer. Anybody know where to find a community for games old as this (other than this, the slowest board known to man)?
>>
What's a good class for a BG 1 playthrough? I just made a Dwarf Wizard Slayer because I remember mages giving me a hard time when I played this as a kid.
>>
>>2798570

Wizard Slayer a shit. Play as an Inquisitor if you want a mage killer.

>>2795320

The enhanced editions run natively on Linux.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.