[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i write commodore 64 music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: C64-left.jpg (38KB, 583x326px) Image search: [Google]
C64-left.jpg
38KB, 583x326px
how do i write commodore 64 music
>>
multisamples c64 libraries or a vst version

use with a daw like fl studio or cubase
>>
write loops in basic and then pick up the unshielded rf with a radio
>>
File: Plugins_SID1.0.0.png (108KB, 263x467px) Image search: [Google]
Plugins_SID1.0.0.png
108KB, 263x467px
the opensource software Linux MultiMedia Studio (also on windows os) have SiD music chip plugin by default installation
>>
>>2792592
With Goat Tracker.
>>
>>2792649
Anyone had experience with good SID vsts? Any recommendations?
>>
http://woolyss.com/chipmusic-plugins.php?s=commodore
>>
10 POKE 54296,0
20 POKE 54296,15
30 GOTO 10

RUN
>>
Chipsounds by plogue, fucking stellar software.

Renoise is a modern daw that will keep your workflow pure to the tracker style which givea most c64 music its characteristic sound.

At the root of things most retrovidya sound chipa have remarkably similar timbres - its the way that you program that gives it the system specific vibe.
>>
File: all_kinds_of_shit.png (108KB, 398x360px) Image search: [Google]
all_kinds_of_shit.png
108KB, 398x360px
>>2795097
>mfw when i just typed this on my c64
>"wwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
>>
>>2795742
what's it do? poke of death?
>>
>>2792592
MSSIAH Sequencer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6-pK8ZGA6A
>>
>>2795814

Try it
>>
>>2795156
I would disagree with you that they have similar timbres. While all chips use the same base waveforms and similar tools to shape the sound (envelopes, filters, arpeggiation) One can hear the difference between a Mos6582, AY-3-8910, or a VRC6.
That's not to say that the timbre isn't influenced by the programmer. The sounds a competent programmer can pull out of a chip can be astounding!

I dunno, maybe I just listen to many chiptunes.
>>
>>2798903
>One can hear the difference between a Mos6582, AY-3-8910
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrltMgfVhnc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRLeMgFNIZU
>>
>>2795814
>what's it do? poke of death?

It plays a loud WRWRWRWRWRWRWR continuously and that's it.

Personally I liked that other poke better, the one where you used the random function to pick a random memory location, and poked a random byte into it, and then let it looping.

I'll see if I can look it up.
>>
>>2798962
found it.
1 POKE RND(0)*60000,RND(0)*256
2 GOTO 1
RUN

Try it in an emulator. It's super fun.
>>
>>2798948
Ok, you got me there.
>>
>>2798964
hmm, actually, it's not as fun on an emulator, since they have broken RND functions. They just keep editing the same 7-8 onscreen characters. This code should do way more spectacular things on the real hardware.
>>
>>2798973

Well I need to try that somewhere. Given an infinite amount of time, this thing should code a 10/10 game or other software eventually (monkeys with typewriters stuff).

Emulator fails with POKE 788,1 also. If I remember correctly it should stop the cursor blink, creating a great worm game with cursor keys.

Also, what's up with SYS 42211? Just random weirdnes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.