[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: SimCity_3000_Coverart.png (182KB, 256x310px) Image search: [Google]
SimCity_3000_Coverart.png
182KB, 256x310px
What went wrong?
>>
>>2791257
Some retard was left unsupervised and ended making a shit thread on /vr/.
>>
File: sc3k01_019.png (44KB, 383x353px) Image search: [Google]
sc3k01_019.png
44KB, 383x353px
My fucking dream game would be SimCity 4 with SimCity 3000 advisors instead of those fucking soulless The Sims shit shoved in.

Compare this:
>>
File: latest.jpg (13KB, 391x92px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
13KB, 391x92px
To this shit.

Is there any SC4 mod to use those old 2D animated SC3K advisors?

I prefer to keep playing SC3K to have to deal with The Sims shitting all over SC4.
>>
>>2791257
Difficulty raise means there isn't much room for you to mess around with your city.
>>
>>2791257
Nothing. It's better than 2000 and arguably better than 4.
>>
>>2791257
?
>>
best soundtrack in the series
>>
>>2791261
This.

>>2791381
Agreed on 2000. 4 would have been a clear winner if it wasn't so full of issues, even after the fan-patch. Buses don't work right, recycling is way off, roads sometimes glitch out, traffic and education gets really wacky at times, and the game loves to freeze and crash every 15 minutes once a town gets large enough.
>>
>>2791381
>>2792097

The thing that I miss the most in SC4 was the way ports and aiports were built in SC3000. You just had to take a certain amount of land and make it airport like.
>>
>>2791272
It's clear EA/Maxis had some sort of grand overarching plan to unify the two games that ultimately ended in an abortion. I believe the Sims 2 had and "import SC4" feature that laid down a road network vaguely similar to your SC4 save. SC4 had "import Sim" and you placed a Sim in your city to tell you how shit it is.
>>
>>2791257
They cut back on funding.
>>
>>2791257
Still can't save scenario games.
>>
>>2791257
I miss SimCity 3000 but im afraid it might just be nostalgia glasses. Is it still worth playing?
>>
>>2793979
Yes
>>
>>2791257
Nothing. It was the best game in the fucking series.
>>
>>2791257
Nothing, 3000 was great.
I mean, I prefer the graphics and stylings of 2000 but 3000 is just better in so many ways.
>>
>>2793979
It still holds up quite well.
>>
>>2791418
This african-american knows what's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkMZtXFdlso
>>
>>2793237
I think that was Will Wright's final contribution to the series. Around the SC2k era he had this vision of all his games integrating together to become toolkits for the player to craft a larger meta-game. That was partially implemented then with Streets of Simcity and Simcopter, which let you import SC2k cities as game worlds.

Also, every Simcity game he worked on let you import cities from the previous iteration of the game.

Makes sense that he'd want to integrate Simcity 4 with The Sims, but then EA kept on releasing Sims games and abandoned the Simcity franchise.
>>
My favorite Simcity. SC4 has too many bugs.

Also I like that 3000 makes you build around the terrain instead of just building on top of it.
>>
>>2792097
Try playing it on an old Athlon single core. It somehow runs much better there than on newer hardware. Also the game never crashes.
>>
>>2793979

Any Sim City that isn't "Sim City (5)" is worth playing these days, IMO.

Depends on the level of detail you want.
>>
SC3000 is probably my most comfy, nostalgia-inducing game.

Absolutely love the graphics, atmosphere and music.
>>
>>2797135
Which bugs? As far as I'm aware the RCI and desirability bugs were patched (which made skyscrapers near-impossible to build)
>>
What are the best Sim City games, if you had to rank them? I've only ever played Sim City on Super Nintendo and SC4.
>>
Anyone know how to get this game to work on windows 7? Tried various compatability modes, click icon to launch game, computer spools up for a sec but never starts. Read peoples posts in forums who had similar problems but they were from like 2009 and no one ever gave a clear answer. This was installed from a disc, also couldn't seem to find any free download versions, all the sites that 'had it' seemed sketchy and i didnt feel like whoring out one of my emails to adds to see if the dl was real
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.