[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moon Remix RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Does anyone know what happened with the translations? I can only find discussions about the translation thread being locked. This game seriously looked good and all news about the game and the translation just seemed to die out.

The game was developed by love-de-lic, also known for UFO: Day in the Life, and L.o.L: Lack of Love. Love-de-lic was comprised of former Square employees.

HG101 did a write up about their games.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/lovedelic/lovedelic.htm
>>
The people working on it gave up and the project was obscure enough that nobody thought to preserve what little had been done.

You'll have to wait another decade, minimum, before PS1 has fully become the new SNES for crazy fan translation groups and people start digging for weird games to hack.
>>
>>2791293
I'm pretty sure the entire script has been translated and is available. I was expecting a release this year it sucks if it's been abandoned.
>>
I read a post from someone who knows the people working on it about 3 or 4 months ago on gaf, he said it's still being actively worked on and is pretty close to completion.

Just gotta be patient.
>>
>>2791019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZUEPEISi0c

this dude in the comment section said he is almost done
>>
They've said a few times this year that it's around 95% done. The translation itself is always the easiest part, the bulk of the work is in making the script actually fit in the game, making sure it's readable, allowing for dictionary compression, font hacking, testing, etc. It's incredibly time consuming for one person and you can get burned out fast. I've looked at translating the game myself, and played through it twice, and there's a surprising amount of text in it. It'll be released when it's ready.

If you want to play a similar game, Chulip on PS2 is by the same creator as Moon and has been localized for years, but I never see anyone mention it. Great game, very much in the style of Moon.
>>
>>2791780
>Chulip on PS2 is by the same creator as Moon and has been localized for years, but I never see anyone mention it.

I remember the Game Grumps actually played that game when they first started.
>>
>>2791780
Not a great game at all.
>>
File: endonesia_wall_2.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
endonesia_wall_2.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
So, has the discussion to this game moved elsewhere? I used to lurk in that Neogaf thread every now and then, has it really been closed?

I'm really hyped to play this game, knowing its development team came from Sa-Ga and Mario RPG. I also loved Chulip, Tingle and Chibi-Robo. Anybody here played Lack of Love and Endonesia? I've seen a couple videos of them and they look fantastic as well.

>>2794681
Yes it is, it's just so convoluted it needs a walkthrough and a bit of planning each day to be beaten, which is kind of shitty, but whatever. The subplots of the townspeople were great. The Zombie girl sidequest has to be one of the saddest things I've ever seen in a video game.
>>
Kek that commercial

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D4bkzPptIzo
>>
The dev team and all the sister companies create the most interesting art styles and feel of any game

check out the archived websites
>>
>>2799273
I know. Endonesia and LOL look hauntingly beautiful.
>>
I scooped a copy of Moon on eBay for $15, waiting for the translation.

The packaging is neat, it comes with a sticker sheet and a stereographic image. The game seems to be pretty expensive but since its so obscure you could probably find a decent deal if the bidding starts low.
>>
File: aegmnamII.jpg (178KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
aegmnamII.jpg
178KB, 1280x800px
>>2800163
That looks just like Dont Starve
>>
File: iseki.jpg (43KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
iseki.jpg
43KB, 400x300px
>>2800195
I think the game does have a similar premise. The graphics are a blend of pre-rendered graphics, sketch-like 2d as in Yoshi's Island and photographs, like Moon or UFO. I recall LOL being pre-rendered only.

Either way, I think these games look beautiful. Look at Endonesia in motion. I think some people like these games so much because they look so strange, they almost look alien. Sometimes intentionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lilBe-ldJYU
>>
>>2791019
>>2791730
>>2791780
>>2797254
So, no word on where the discussion of this game is now? I want to keep up with up. Don't the translators have a blog or something?
>>
>>2791780
>They've said a few times this year that it's around 95% done.
Remind me Zweii 2!! translation :^)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.