[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did the Mega Man 5 is super duper rare meme come from?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: MM5.jpg (25KB, 250x352px) Image search: [Google]
MM5.jpg
25KB, 250x352px
Where did the Mega Man 5 is super duper rare meme come from? why is every copy of this fucking common and unimpressive game now $125 dolleroos?
>>
>>2787561
I have no idea. I got my Famicom version (Rockman > Megaman tbqh) of the game for no more than $10 anyhow.
>>
>>2787582

in general, I'm guessing it might not be a bad Idea to get a converter, and just start getting some famicom versions of some of these games.

I am a big time mega man fan though, soo I must have this game physically at some point.

I will wait though. In the mean time, I suppose I could collect the famicom versions!
>>
>>2787561
do you know what a meme is?
>>
ebay prices are super easy to manipulate or some shit, you just need one guy selling overpriced and everyone will think "so that's how much this is worth it now" and follow
>>
>>2787818

not quite. you need one person BUYING everything overpriced for a while, intentionally marking up thevalue while they accumulate multiple copies of said game in the process of raising it's price.
>>
Here are two copies available for $17 shipping included, and the avergae price for the japanese copy is $20 with shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockman-5-Mega-Man-5-Nintendo-FC-Famicom-NES-Japan-Import-US-Seller-SHIP-FAST-/151873912065?hash=item235c63fd01:g:5xMAAOSwHmhV8J9d

Tough honestly, Megaman 5 is the least good of the classic series.

As for the price of an american copy. it is supposed to be an average game, is more common than ducktales 2 but a little less than gargoyle's quest 2, but in this world, being a little less common than the average and common game means you are close to frickin panic restaurant of little samsom, and of course, the fakey prices.
>>
Because NES games are ridiculously inflated right now and any decent games that you don't see quite so often are overpriced out the ass.

At this point I'm wondering if it's ever going to go down or if we're stuck with eBay top jew prices forever
>>
I really don't know why it's so expensive. I got MM6 for $35 early this year, and I always figured that MM6 would be the rarest and most expensive one since it was the latest NES Mega Man.
>>
>>2787561
How did MM4, MM5, Bionic Commando and Snow Bros on gameboy become "rare"?
>>
>>2788108
It has one of the best stage themes though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlWLd-lzOJQ
>>
I didn't look at all the listing but just running MM5 on ebay gave me several loose cart listings. The fuck is wrong with people? Who'd pay over $100 for this?
>>
>>2787826

people use shill accounts to fake sales.
>>
>>2788207

There are people who will buy every copy of a game and hoard them because they like it, resulting in a lower stock and higher prices for everyone else.
>>
>>2788182
It inst cause Nintendo publish it themselves, and its more common than 4 & 5
>>
>>2787561
i don't know why it became so rare but i def had a hard time finding a copy when i decided to pick up all the original 6 games. waited for a long while before one finally showed up at a used store
>>
I don't buy into the concept that certain games are expensive because of a conspiracy between eBay sellers ,it's all supply and demand.

People want a copy of earthbound or some shit and cry about eBay sellers inflating the price even though ignoring the fact that lots of other people want the game and there's not enough carts to go around.
>>
>>2790024
I won't rule out resellers buying up as much as possible to reduce the copies available in the market but in the end it is buyers. I think people get upset at buyers when they perceive them to be people who overpay out of ignorance/impatience and who are new to buying old games, shitting on the market for buyers who have been in it for a long time.
>>
>tfw still have the complete copy I got for my sixth birthday

Life is nice sometimes
>>
File: prb.png (202KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
prb.png
202KB, 365x363px
>>2790858
>tfw go out of my way to avoid anything that isn't cart only because it makes cart collections look like shit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.