[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homebrew Retro Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: Lost Boys NES.jpg (101KB, 570x638px) Image search: [Google]
Lost Boys NES.jpg
101KB, 570x638px
General Homebrew Retro Games Thread

A thread to post your favorite homebrew games for classic consoles.
>>
homebrew is not retro
>>
>>2785091
and also does anyone know where i can find a rom download of this game? i've only had luck finding physical copies for sale
>>
>>2785093
on a retro console, same difference
>>
>>2785093
>romhacks aren't retro
>a chinese webshow isn't retro
>Retron isn't retro
>3rd party peripherals aren't retro
>le angry video man isn't retro
>podcasts aren't retro
>emulation isn't retro
>CRT isn't retro

Go tell it to the other threads brother
>>
why do idiots want to talk about shit like this so badly here? there are plenty of other places online where you can talk about shitty homebrews and retraux games.
>>
>>2785541
the Vectrex was effectively a CRT monitor, arcades depended on good brand name CRT's, and getting the best result hunting down vintage and good quality hardware that is retro seems fair game to me. I think it has a place here. I get it..hypothetically if I wanted to make a MK2 arcade in my house but the screen was out of sync I think having a thread dedicated to helping that out is nice here.
>>
>>2785098
>>2785541
Guys don't bother she says this every thread to start a flame war. Just continue discussing homebrew like he wasn't here.
>>
>>2785094
Corey Feldman himself commissioned it. did you check the website?

(Feldman is legit, he built himself a MAME machine back in the day)
>>
>>2785551

>she
>he

/r9k/ warned us, all we had to do was listen.
>>
>>2785568

wut r you talking about femanon?
>>
File: pacman4k_1.jpg (142KB, 800x647px) Image search: [Google]
pacman4k_1.jpg
142KB, 800x647px
>>2785546
>shitty homebrews and retraux games.
Not all homebrews are this

atari consoles and 2nd gen have a great homebrew scene not only dedicated to pushing the old hardware to the limits with new titles but "fixing" the mistakes of old.
>>
>>2785568
Don't get triggered, we are an egalitarian board, sister.
>>
File: 81q8nprehap.jpg (50KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
81q8nprehap.jpg
50KB, 580x435px
Anyone think Project Y will ever get finished?
>>
>>2785546
Cuz it's within the rules, buy 4chan from Hiroshima or make your own retro site, then you can make your own rules.
>>
>>2785552
>Feldman is legit, he built himself a MAME machine back in the day

I googled to see if I could find anything about that. apparently it wasn't the real Corey Feldman.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=12713.0
>>
File: sinclair.jpg (112KB, 960x632px) Image search: [Google]
sinclair.jpg
112KB, 960x632px
>>2785091
Russia still has strong ZX Spectrum scene.
>>
What happened to /vr/'s project that was still going like till a month ago?
>>
>>2786126
same as all other anonymous projects
>>
>>2786098
Weird. Was Feldman commissioning the cart debunked?
>>
>>2786141
http://pacnsacdave.weebly.com/the-lost-boys.html

Nope it's legit.
>>
Wait, is it THIS Corey Feldman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO_8n5y5edk

Should've had this song in the game, and that dance he does at :34.
>>
>>2785093
The rules say
>video games on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier
Which means this is on topic, just like Majora's Mask (2000 release) etc. It's the release date of the console that matters, not the release date of the game.
>>
File: ed3.jpg (30KB, 576x420px) Image search: [Google]
ed3.jpg
30KB, 576x420px
>>2787368
He's already been put in his place, add to the thread and stop being a whiny late-to-the-party faggot.
Pic related
>>
>>2787368
Honestly I won't quote all of you spergs that never read the rules and I'm not even gonna tell you where youre wrong. Just read the rules and figure out where you're wrong.
>>
>>2787526
Feck oof with ur purist bullshit. You're wrong. It's ok to be wrong. Just don't be a crybaby about it.
>>
File: 7800_Frenzy_detail.jpg (23KB, 200x287px) Image search: [Google]
7800_Frenzy_detail.jpg
23KB, 200x287px
Homebrews are surprisingly cheap. Anyone ever bought one?
If I still had an atari i'd shell out 10 - 20 bucks for a shiny new cart
>>
Don't know how good the gameis, but I like the music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qris1mBJnYw

Gamestar81 has a game coming, he even wants to put it on Virtual Console.
>>
>>2785629

More like Project N amitite?
>>
Does the Nightmare Busters release count as homebrew? Because I love that game.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.