[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games that you played over and over and over...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

File: Shining Force III.jpg (66KB, 450x686px) Image search: [Google]
Shining Force III.jpg
66KB, 450x686px
So talking to a friend today about our backlogs and how strapped we are for time to play games, made me think of when I was younger and was instead time-rich and game poor.

Not a new notion by any means, but which games did you put the burn on back in the day, the games you played to death and then just kept on playing?

For me I remember Shining Force III on Saturn got so many hours of playtime. I got up to the Vandal boss in the haunted house and couldn't get any further on my first playthrough. I re-started the game from the beginning, and managed to finish it all the way to the end. I loved it so much, I just almost immediately started a new save file and played the game again. Not long after fininshing a second time, I tried again, trying to get all the secret characters and trying different weapons and strategies. I just couldn't get enough of that game, I played it through to completion so many times just trying diferent teams and weapon combinations (I could never save all the refugees until I played it a few years ago with a guide though...)

Crazy Taxi was another one, on Dreamcast although I had a lot of games, this one was like crack for me. Not only did my friends love the shit out of it everytime they came over, I used to play it consistently throughout the Dreamcast's lifespan. I managed to get high scores of over $20k pretty often. I feel like I got over $50k once, but i think I must be remembering it wrong. I do remember this game was in my Dreamcast in between pretty much every other game I owned, I always was keen to play a quick couple of rounds of Arcade Mode.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
Played the hell out of Rayman 2 on the PC. The game is pretty linear but I still went through trying to get all the lums, cages, and secret level endings. Still my favorite Rayman game in terms of gameplay, story, and aesthetics. Overall really charming. Really felt they nailed this one. I still make an effort to play it through at least once a year. 3 was kind of a let down, but still hoping we'll see any kind of Rayman 4, even if it's not like the 2nd.
>>
completely rinsed thps2 when i was a kid
>>
>>2783453
You know the other Shining Force 3 games for saturn have been translated right?
>>
File: Shining Force III 2.jpg (147KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shining Force III 2.jpg
147KB, 800x600px
>>2783502
I do! And I played them all back to back a couple of years ago, one of the finest gaming experiences of my entire life. I'd been waiting so many years to finish that story. Such wondeful games, I wish Sega would port them all translated to PC or something.
>>
File: tumblr_mm8p53HNep1r6pjato2_1280.jpg (162KB, 750x1300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mm8p53HNep1r6pjato2_1280.jpg
162KB, 750x1300px
I just really liked the insane gun mods
>>
>>2783508
In this climate they'd port them to the iOS
>>
>>2783541

it's a turn based strategy game. that honestly could probably work alright
>>
I have spent more than a thousand hours in Pokémon R/B/G. The clock stops at 255:55, a limit I hit twice in Blue and once in Yellow, and then I played some more.

Certainly spent more than 500hours in Final Fantasy VIII.

RE1,2,3 I must have played almost a hundred times each.

Same for Streets of Rage 1 and 2 as well as Double Dragon 2 (NES) with a coop friend.
>>
>>2783568
you play too many games desu
time to play life instead m8
>>
Games I've played like fuck (some /vr/, some not, some bordering), assume expansions, assume sequels for a lot of them (though not all)

Doom (with and without mods/levelpacks)
Duke Nukem 3D
Half-Life
True Lies
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Saint's Row 3
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Crimson Skies
Super Mario 64
Goldeneye 64
Pokémon Ruby
Far Cry 3
Starcraft
Diablo
Diablo 2
Warcraft 2
Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade
Age Of Empires 2
Heroes Of Might & Magic III
Super Castlevania 4
Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow
Batman (Natsume game for NES)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Morrowind
Fallout Tactics
Fallout New Vegas
Tetris
Resident Evil 4
Simcity 2000
Syndicate Wars
Final Fight III
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Day Of Defeat
Counter-Strike
Shining Force (Genesis and GBA versions)
>>
>>2783825
Forgot

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Quake 2
Quake 3
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Megaman X
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion
A Link to the Past (SNES and GBA)
Yoshi's Island
Gremlings 2
Castlevania Symphony Of The Night
Simcity 3000

I might remember more later.
>>
>>2783546

Yeah, people complain about them but I like a lot of these ports. The DQ ports are fun to have on my phone to fuck around while on the shitter and stuff.
>>
>>2783539
Pardon my ignorance, but what game is this?

>>2783541
As someone said, I think turn based strategy like that is one of the few playable genres on touchscreen. I'd still expect a PC port too though.

I almost wish old games tracked how many hours were played on then like steam does now. I'd love to know for my old faces. Shining force iii had the save files, but I deleted and overwrote then so many times.
>>
File: 9909.jpg (81KB, 650x718px) Image search: [Google]
9909.jpg
81KB, 650x718px
>>2785472
>Pardon my ignorance, but what game is this?

Parasite Eve, bro. Imagine if Final Fantasy and Resident Evil had a baby.

One of the appeals is gun modding. You can make some truly insane weapons. Weapons that a 3rd world anarchist hell hole would deem illegal.

Imagine a handgun that shoots autofire shotgun bursts that can also poison and freeze enemies.
>>
>>2783453
Shining Force III is easily my favourite tactics RPG. Nothing else has been able to capture the same feelings I had playing through as that did.

Must give it another go with the other scenarios some time.
>>
File: 220px-Phantasy_Star_EotM_cover.jpg (37KB, 220x305px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Phantasy_Star_EotM_cover.jpg
37KB, 220x305px
I realize it's not especially long by JRPG standards but I still played it more times than I can possibly count
>>
>>2785503
This game sounds awesome, I'll have to try it out. I missed a lot of PS exclusives since I only had Sega consoles until the Xbox.
>>
File: PED1.jpg (228KB, 796x597px) Image search: [Google]
PED1.jpg
228KB, 796x597px
>>2785564

well it's on the PSN for cheap and with Christmas coming it might be a good time as the game is set around then.

It's been a yearly tradition of mine since it came out
>>
File: Jetsetradiopalboxart.jpg (176KB, 646x650px) Image search: [Google]
Jetsetradiopalboxart.jpg
176KB, 646x650px
I play this all the time. It's not just fun to play but I love the style, the world and of course the music. It's nice just to exist in this world.

Also this thread has convinced me to finally play Parasite Eve.
>>
>>2785564
Parasite eve is an awesome game. I still play it often.
>>
>>2785527
This. PS4 was a god tier RPG.
>>
Played Chrono Trigger so much, know the plot and all subplots by heart.

Played BF3 quite a bit too
>>
I replayed super mario rpg so much as a kid that I can't enjoy it anymore
>>
>>2788543
ps4 is a console you dumb fuck
>>
File: Ecco the Dolphin_Sep17 23_37_53.png (18KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
Ecco the Dolphin_Sep17 23_37_53.png
18KB, 640x468px
>>2783568
I've also put a sick amount of time into Pokemon.

My pick for the thread is Ecco the Dolphin which is my go-to relaxing game. I've played it so many times it's almost auto pilot and I just go through the levels over and over splashing around and having fun.

Biggest non-retro time sink has been Monster Hunter which I've put over 3500 hours in over the course of the series. That's probably my favorite game of all time though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.