[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dolphin VS Other Emulators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: download.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Project64/Mupen64 GLIDE(n)64 vs Dolphin Virtual Console?
Which one do you use? Which one do you think is superior for emulation?

Same question goes for the other consoles.
Dolphin Virtual Console or Nestopia, bnes, etc...?
>>
VC has a pretty limited selection of games.
>>
>>2782175
Really? That sucks. I always thought it was the best, but Pokemon Snap still doesn't work.
>>
mupen64plus w/ rice-video-linux because muh freedum
>>
>>2782685
what freedom, RMS?
>>
I gave up on N64 emulation and just shelled out for one and an Everdrive.
>>
>>2782764
okay i have one too. but
a) i want to emulate because it looks better on hdtv and you can upscale to 4K
b) i would rather play incompatible vidya on the real console, like pokemon snap. i have it here. but you know the games i dont have. i'm not buying that shit for 50-100$, I'm not a loser. I rather spend that money on a current gen console or game. Fuck that. So thankfully, emulation is constantly evoling. Maybe I can finally play Pokemon Snap on an emulator, and don't have turn on my dusty old n64, which looks really ugly on my hdtv.
>>
File: WonderPJ2146.png (28KB, 280x198px) Image search: [Google]
WonderPJ2146.png
28KB, 280x198px
>>2782775

the everdrive solves the "buying expensive games" part AND lets you play fan translations of games that also don't work on emus, like Wonder Project J2.
>>
>>2781767

I prefer Dolphin for Zeldas, SM64 and Paper Mario.

I don`t know what they did in PJ64 but the menu in OoT and the map is still glitchy and some effects aren`t rendered properly.

SM64 just looks wrong and Paper Mario even in Dolphin doesn`t have some effects present.

I think I might actually get an N64 with the everdrive. It`s just not the same without the controller.
>>
>>2781767
I use ZNES in a FREEDOS installation and output it to an 80's 10 inch CRT TV that only has composite because composite was what devs developed for. Am I fitting int yet, sempai?
>>
When I play on a big screen I use a real N64 so I use mobile emulators. N64oid is the best but it was discontinued over some license drama with Mupen and the official Android Mupen isn't as good, but it supports analog controllers so nothing is perfect.

N64 emulation is about what works best on the game you're playing (and the platform, controllers etc)
>>
>>2782781
isn't everdrive like 200$ ? top kek.
>>
>>2782848

I think you can find one for 100 or so.

Also, you complained about having to buy games for $100. If an everdrives is 200, it will let you play all the games, so it's like paying for only 2 expensive games, but you can play all of them. Still win.
>>
>>2782826
1) znes sucks and is inaccurate
2) playing an emulator on a crt is kinda defeating, since a) it's inaccurate anyway b) emulator outputs progressive signal and your pc converts to interlaced which does not look the same like native interlaced snes signal.
3) you are like those people playing with ntsc filters.
>>
>>2782853
I would buy one for 30$. 100$ is fucking insane. I consider this very expensive. Thank you, I'll stick with emulation. This is not worth my money. I would never pay that much for old hardware. I'd rather buy a new 3ds for 200$.
>>
>>2782854
Bullshit, autistfags. Digital 320x200 output to a convertor plugged into a SD-CRT is just fine. You're just a faggot shill reseller who hates emulation.
>>
>>2782879
either go full way analog or play on an hdtv with pixel perfect upscale for sprite games and hd rendered graphics for 3d games.

that what you are doing is like recording a blu-ray onto vhs tape for "texture".

btw znes is the worst snes emulator, you're obviously a noob.
>>
>>2782758

by "muh freedom" I mean

"it's the only one that runs natively on my piece of shit hardware with my kek OS"
>>
>>2783261
but mupen is good, so you're good.
>>
>>2783308

Yeah, i'm pretty happy with it. It still plays Mario at full speed and 10 or so of the 'easy' games pretty well (occasional stutters) on my shitty linux netbook.

It also runs on my 2013 non-retina kekbook pro through OpenEmu, and every rom I've tried has gone at full speed. I've really only dabbled with it a bit.

What are some of the most difficult games to emulate on N64? I'm curious to see how much throwing power at the problem helps vs. the emulation needs more fundamental changes.
>>
>>2782808

I paid $12 for a USB adapter so I can use my OEM controllers.

Worked out of the box in OSX and Linux, assuming it works in winblows too.

The only annoying part is that it came with two slots for controllers, but they show up as player 1 and 3 instead of 1 and 2 like you'd expect in mupen. Haven't really dug into it too much, expect it could be routed around somehow if you dug into it with xbindkeys or something.
>>
>>2783345
I'm no expert but DK64 is problematic.
The worst is probably Pokemon Snap since you can't get to the Mew level on an emulator without cheating, or so the legend says.
>>
>>2783359
I'm no expert either, but I thought Pokemon Snap was fixed in dolphin.
>>
>>2782854
Way to completely miss the point of her post.
>>
>>2783381
receipts?
>>
>>2782854
>>2782981
I don't know who's rusing who anymore

>>2782775
>can't afford the space to have a CRT in your life

I feel your pain then, I too once had to live somewhere where my only N64 solution was playing on an LCD TV.

Unfortunately N64 emulation is still a shithole.

Incidentally, does anybody have a download of 1964 with the mouselook mod and stuff? I used to have it but I think malwarebytes decided it was dangerous at some point and deleted the whole folder. Shame too, Goldeneye and Perfect Dark at 60FPS with mouse aiming was fantastic.
>>
>>2782808
>I prefer Dolphin for Zeldas, SM64 and Paper Mario
Speaking as a pretty big Nintendo fan, those are almost the only games on the thing worth playing today, and three of the four have remakes, two of which blow the originals away technically.
>>
>>2782854
>interlaced snes signal
Did any games even use that? I know the hardware theoretically supported it, but I don't remember any games using it.
>>
>>2781767
Sauce on pic
How?
>>
>>2783950
https://youtu.be/28ivkU5i_x4
with Dolphin
>>
>>2783947
That one shitty racing game. Can't remember it's name.
It was like 5fps
>>
>>2781767
>an emulator inside an emulator
You know the state of N64 is fucked when this is a viable option.
>>
>>2783938
SM64 DS has really shit controls though. I mean it was a launch title, but wow how could you fuck this up so badly?

Only way it's worth playing is on an emu so you can remap shit.
>>
>>2783982
but it actually works better for a handful games. it's really good.
>>
>>2783982

It really says it all, I hate that so many play Mario 64 and Zelda on PJ64 and spread the word that it's fine - it's shit. It's always been shit - it was still crashing constantly when I was playing it in 2003. It's 'development' has consisted of a revolving door of devs handing off broken code to each other and building on top of the foundation of toothpicks that is the main program. It cutting so many corners is also the reason every N64 hack worth a damn exploits its bugs and won't play on real hardware.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.