[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Rancher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

anyone else here remember this game for psx?
>>
>>2781569
WOW me and a mate played that at long time ago in Bondi used to have to put music cd's in to get new monsters
>>
>>2781569
Yeah I adored this game as a kid. The mechanic of putting in a variety of different discs for unique monsters was genius.
>>
Every time someone talks about that Monster Hunter game I think they're talking about this and get pissed off that it's not still around. This game was the shit
>>
It was amazing, and probably a game most representative of childhood lost. For as much as I loved it as a kid (especially MR2) I don't have the patience to play them now.
>>
>>2781569
is there way to play this whilst emulating and getting new monsters (like entering new cds like on the console??) because I sold my old ps1 and my ps2 was stolen. So I can only play this by emulating it.
>>
>>2782569

I think there are ways to load .isos or maybe even read from the cd drive. I feel like I saw this years ago. But I am in no way certain.

Honestly, worst comes to worst play Monster Rancher Advanced. It wasn't as good as 2, but I enjoyed it and it uses text generation.
>>
>>2781569
I remember every CD I stuck in giving me really fucking awful monsters and when I got to my Spawn soundtrack the monster it would give was apparently so awesome that I'd need to finish the game before I could use it. Then I stuck the rest of my CDs in and got more completely useless monsters. So I eventually just picked one and just as I started actually getting somewhere with it, it died because SURPRISE! They only live for like 2 hours!

Yeah I remember this fucking game. Fuck it.
>>
File: 76_78_Zombie.jpg (11KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
76_78_Zombie.jpg
11KB, 256x192px
>>2782574
Spawn soundtrack unlocks the Zombie monster which is Magic/???. You don't need to beat the game to unlock it, you just need to find the Magic Mirror in the Snow Ruins exploration then get invited to a Class B battle against the Magic monster. If you win you can breed any Magic monster.
>>
>>2782604

Those were my namesake back on the Monster Rancher Metropolis forums way back when.
>>
From what I remember these cds unlocked secret monsters in MR1:

Nirvana - Nevermind
Van Halen - 1984
Madonna - Like a Virgin
INXS - Kick
Matchbox 20 - Yourself or Someone like you
Pearl Jam - Ten
Beach Boys - Summer In Paradise(unlocks a ???/??? glitch monster that crashes the game)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.