[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not all good games are overpriced.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: NES games.jpg (298KB, 1000x745px) Image search: [Google]
NES games.jpg
298KB, 1000x745px
I know many people have been complaining about all the retro hipsters moving into the hobby since 2010 or so, but luckily they've mainly targeted the SNES. As such, it's still possible to get great deals on NES and Genesis games. This thread is for pointing out damn good games that regularly sell for $10 or less.

NES:
Tetris, Dr. Mario, Yoshi, Tetris 2, Yoshi's Cookie, Solstice, Krusty's Fun House, Adventures of Lolo, all great puzzle games for less than $10.
Looking for platformers? SMB/DH, TMNT, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, Batman, Adventure Island, Blaster Master, Little Nemo, Bionic Commando, Wizards and Warriors, Faxanadu, Little Mermaid, StarTropics 1 and 2, Tiny Toon Adventures, The Guardian Legend, The Goonies 2, 8 Eyes, Kabuki Quantum Fighter, Elevator Action, all fantastic platformers, some considered the best games on the system, all less than $10.
RPGs/Strategy? Dragon Warrior, Ultima:Exodus, Legacy of the Wizard, Wizardry:Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms all sell for less than $10.
That's 33 great games on the NES that are under $10 each, and that doesn't even cover sports and arcade titles, or misc genre's like the Infocom and Sierra graphical adventures, or games like Solar Jetman.

Feel free to chip in with other great games that aren't priced to hell.
>>
>>2780003
Stop with the price bitching! Is that all there is to this board? Holy shit
>>
>>2780008

Nah. I can actually see why my fellow Anonibro's would bitch- try collecting anything for the N64 over the internet, for example.

That being said, some of the more autistic fuckers here cling to the real thing (when the emulation options are just as good, if not better) and then have the audacity to bitch about a bubble THEY are helping to contribute to.
>>
Shoot me for liking the N64, but as long as you avoid the 1st and 2nd party favorites everything's very affordable. Hell, even some of the 2nd party games are cheap. Wipeout 64, F-Zero X (on a good day), Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Mischief Makers (on a good day) Perfect Dark, Rogue Squadron, Wave Race 64, 1080 Snowboarding, and others all end up in the sub-10 range.
Similarly, PS1 games that aren't cult classics are pretty cheap. If you're willing to burn CD-Rs of games, PS1 and DC games are pennies on the dollar (though I don't do that anymore - it gives you ADD and you don't complete games).
>>
>>2780008
collectors ruin every single hobby
>>
>>2780003
>Tetris, Dr. Mario, Yoshi, Tetris 2, Yoshi's Cookie, Solstice, Krusty's Fun House, Adventures of Lolo, all great puzzle games for less than $10.

Challenge Accepted

LOLO 1 - Under $10.........until some douche reviews it and goes to $25
TETRIS II - $8 yeah ok
TETRS I - $7
SOLSTICE - $7..........Shitty game
YOSHI - $8
YOSHI'S COOKIE - $8

Okay, so far, accurate.

Ninja Gaiden's I & II - $12 - $13....not under $10
Batman - Oh my god, there are many HORRID condition carts for some reason, the good ones at $11
Little Nemo - $12
Guardian Legend - $14 - Used to be $6
Kabuki Quantum Fighter - $11

Welp anon, paint me surpised, you actually did research and not just come and assume that the stories about games rising were just bitching..............

but we all know even those games eventually will be at $25 - $30 just by mentioning them.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
I lost the interest in collection when I got my Everdrive, I can't be the only one.
>>
$10 is ridiculous for a used 30 year old game.
>>
>>2780069
A cartridge that has gone 30 years yet still holds its own as an entertaining experience. $30 is just the start crybaby, if you don't want to pay it get a copy covered in marker, video store stickers, burns and carvings with faded torn unreadable labels.

Either understand the frailty and scarcity of these historical artifacts from the birth of a budding interactive entertainment age or emulate and shut your soul-less communist cunt hole of a mouth.
>>
>>2780095
>historical artifacts from the birth of a budding interactive entertainment age
You mean Atari cartridges?
>>
>>2780097
An Atari cartridge does not hold its own as an entertaining experience, /vr/ 101.

Anyone who disagrees needs to explain how Atari did anything other that almost ruin the entire future of home consoles before Nintendo swooped in to save it.
>>
>>2780095

Reseller scum detected.
>>
So is there an actual bubble? I'm waiting for this whole thing to peak before I sell all my old childhood games (Atari, NES, SNES, Gameboy, and Turbo-Grafx 16). Any advice on when that would be?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (33KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
33KB, 267x200px
>mfw people attribute "soul" to worthless pieces of plastic
>>
>>2780013

I agree. People here have this attitude that they are the rare few honest collectors and that most everyone else is just a hipster that can't possibly appreciate owning nes games the way they can.

Particularly, because most games are actually pretty cheap as far as collections go.
>>
>>2780373

>I agree. People here have this attitude that they are the rare few honest collectors and that most everyone else is just a hipster that can't possibly appreciate owning nes games the way they can.

Well, I meant it more like this- money sustains the whole sleazy reseller cycle. If they don't get their outrageous price, and they don't get it fairly often, guess what? They fucking _have_ to drop it to move that inventory. Because half the time they have no personal interest in the games they're gouging people for: if they don't move that shit, it is a loss from their point of view in every sense. So, if some of the more neurotic "B-b-but it just isn't the SAME as the reeeal thing!!!" faggots would realize that in many cases the perceived differences between actual hardware and emulation are only in their damn heads, the demand for the retro market starts drying up because some collection of spazoids isn't busy shoveling money into the whole retched apparatus at light speed to keep it going.

If anything close to that happens this bubble is going to pop stupendously. And I'll be on the sidelines laughing my ass off the whole time.
>>
>>2780003
Get a flashcart. It costs $100-$170 depending on platform, but is well worth it unless you're a proper collector and not just a gamer. It's not like you're giving any game developer or publisher money by buying an used cart, if you want to feel moral use Virtual Console.
>>
my strategy is to forgo the inflated prices of retail stores and ebay and just buy whatever crappy games that old grandmaws are selling at yard sales, cause you can get huge boxes of crappy games that their retarded grandchildren with no taste used to own for like 15 bucks, then throw the shit on the shelf and look at it and go emulate mega man or something lol :D
>>
Since I sold my original collection you could not pay me enough to be stupid enough to purchase a cartridge for anything over a dollar in some nincompoop's giveaway bin. I could make back a 300% profit on a single cartridge. Hassle city, that's how I grew up and my father taught me to talk up a storm when it came to these goshdamned video games. The great thing is how sentimental fans are when they those memories come flooding back at an original Mega Man X. Hah! That's when you go in for the kill. "Um sir, this may be the last you see one of these originals. Harder and harder to see a working one-- especially MINT!, Tell you what I'll give it to you at a game lover's discount... 160 sound good? I see you're thinking it over. Come on make the leap. Those memories will only haunt you." and score! 160 smackers, my friend! You people are so easy. You make it to easy to profit off of your fragile sentimentality.
>>
>>2780126
>le epic baby atari rage maymay

>>2780539
>i came here to shitpost this
>>
>>2780539

It's a good thing.
>>
>>2780069
Dude I drop $10 on a shitty work lunch almost daily. How poor are you people?
>>
>>2780139
>worthless

Yo, your opinion don't dictate reality, nig. I could put a down payment on a car with my plastic.
>>
>>2780030
No, not collectors, but hoarders. Most collectors are atleast playing them. Hoarders are just the hipsters who just WANT it because they get an Hipster-ePenis.
>>
All games are free, because I just download the roms. I don't give a fuck about collecting physical. Just want to play some games now and then, and not pay anything.
>>
File: 1438552721825.jpg (36KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
1438552721825.jpg
36KB, 500x348px
>>2780373
I agree with you, but doesn't it also seem like the emulator crowd wastes no opportunity to act like little pricks as well? We're all faggots, man. Except me, for I'm the only true gamer I know.
>>
>>2780095
Specupster Detected
>>
>>2780663
It's not a question of how much disposable income you have but a matter of sense.
I'm not going to pay more for a 30 year old game than for a 15 year old one and not more for a used copy than for a new one.
>>
>>2780764
I get that, but it seems we get too upset over this particular matter when there's plenty of other overpriced superfluous shit you damn well know we all buy. Personally, I'll never understand why certain people buy expensive car augmentations or blurays or clothing, but I really don't have a leg to stand on since I sometimes shell out $30 for an old snes game.
>>
tecmo bowl(nes our snes) 5-10$
willow 5$
sacret scroll 5$
days of thunder 5$
blackbass 5 $
simearth 8$
starflight 5$
desert commander 5$
friday the 13th 5$

gunsmoke 10$

star wars empire,return,starwars all about 8$ a peice

river city ransom 28$

At least I get something, not like all my other bills which seem like throwing money down a well.
>>
OP here. This thread wasn't supposed to be for bitching about prices, or arguing over emulation. The only point of this thread was to point out that not all great retro games are super expensive, and that many great games are still pretty cheap.

>>2780027
>>2780860
These guy's get it.

For the record, the prices make no difference to me since I'm selling all my games and getting everdrives. I'm just trying to help other anons find good games that won't eat their wallets.

>>2780031
These are just the values I've pulled off of the price charts website, day to day prices will vary.

Next post: Genesis games!
>>
>>2780764

Why not? Many things accrue value as they age.
>>
>>2780684

Nah, totally. This website is just a variety of people who need constant confirmation that they made the right decision and that everyone who is different is the wrong ones.
>>
File: 1446398804995.jpg (100KB, 809x960px) Image search: [Google]
1446398804995.jpg
100KB, 809x960px
Popular games, and games that are genuinely rare are more expensive then not popular and not rare games.

News at 11.
>>
Sonic the Hedgehog: $5
Sonic the Hedgehog 2: $3
Aladdin: $8
Sonic and Knuckles: $10
Mortal Kombat: $6
Mortal Kombat 2: $7
The Lion King: $6
Street Fighter 2 SCE: $6
NBA Jam TE: $4
Road Rash: $9
Road Rash 2: $8
Toy Story: $4
Golden Axe: $10
Ecco: $5
Ecco 2: $5
Quackshot: $10
Flashback: $8
The Lost Vikings: $9
Might and Magic 2: $10
Out of This World: $10
Championship Pro-AM: $5

That's just a quick glance, 22 games on the Genesis worth playing that are still under $10. And I really don't know much about the Genesis library.
>>
>>2781186
Sorry we derailed it, OP. Let me add Star Tropics 1 and 2 to the list. Got them in excellent condition for $5 each just this morning. Also picked up Kabuki Quantum Fighter CIB for $14 and it's a lot more fun than I remember from my childhood (it was sealed and I ripped that shit right off to play it).

Maybe also add the NES Metal Gear games and First Samurai for SNES? I got them for around $8 each loose at my local mom and pop.
>>
Clash at Demonhead for NES can be had for around $10 and is so worth the price.
>>
>>2780031
>SOLSTICE - $7..........Shitty game

Nigger, I will fight you.
>>
>>2782875
Equinox is so much better, man. Not that I haven't completed Solstice, but I think once is enough.
>>
>>2782863
That game was fun as fuck.
>>
I stopped collecting years ago, but I'd imagine licensed disney and warner bros games like Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, Castle of Illusion, Quackshot, etc are all still pretty cheap, and they're some of the best platformers you'll find.
>>
>>2780003
Game Boy Color games are still relatively cheap. Even complete with the box.
>>
>>2780126
>>2780095

I 100% agree with this asshole.
>>
>>2785634

You 100% _are_ this asshole, you mean.
>>
>>2780539

>nothing personel kid!
>>
>>2785651

nope
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.