[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gtg/ - Game Tips General?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (24KB, 328x261px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 328x261px
It's to my understanding that a lot of Anons are against instantly Googling the solution to a difficult part of a game and would rather find it out themselves or through someone else; be it someone they know personally or someone over the Internet. Furthermore, some of the games on this board are kind of obscure and some questions may be too specific, so a quick search might not weild results. I think having a dedicated thread where Anons can ask for assistance and other Anons can share their own tips, strategies, and experiences from games in response would, for lack of better terms, build a sense of community and add a level of human interaction that a Google search couldn't. I'm just rambling at this point, and it may just be a shitty idea, but I wouldn't mind having a thread like that around. What are your thoughts?
>>
File: images.jpg (21KB, 287x176px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21KB, 287x176px
I'm game, OP. Need a little advice on building a fleet early in Uncharted Waters: New Horizons. I'm still figuring out which ports specialize in what around the Mediterranean region and I'd say my trading so far is slow, but profitable.

When's the best time to be picking up a second ship to move more goods? As soon as I can afford one with a little overhead? Tips on the type of vessel are welcome, like new or used?

I'm a fucking idiot with numbers and percentages and this is the first game I've played in a while that feels like a real learning experience.
>>
File: image.jpg (301KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
301KB, 600x600px
>>2778551
Thanks for responding, Anon! I was honestly expecting more backlash to the idea. I started this thread as a discussion for threads in the future - I didn't expect people to start asking for help right out the gate. Unfortunately, I've never played Uncharted Waters: New Horizons, so I don't think I can help you. Hopefully this thread will gain some steam so people can discuss the potential of a /gtg/ and you can get an answer to your question.
>>
>>2778365
i like this idea. ive always wanted some place online wherw you can ask for hints instead of looking at a walkthrough, as sometimes you want to figure things out on your own and just need a nudge in the right direction.
im playing through smw right now for the first time, and a tutorial box informed me that many levels habe alternate exits. ive found a couple of them and got to star road #4. im in not going for 100%, do i need to care about these exits? if so, are there any really hidden ones that id need a hint for or can i find them by playing the level a couple times? i wanna find secret stuff on my own but if theres "that one part" (like the sonic 3 barrel) id like to know!
>>
>>2778576

Levels that are red dots instead of yellow on the map are the ones with secret exits.

You might get stuck on Forest of Illusion and Chocolate Island but you should be able to find a way out on your own. For instance the Star World is optional, you don't need to get there in order to beat the game.
>>
>>2778576
Most of them aren't too hard to find, and they aren't exactly necessary to beat the game, it's just neat to find them. The only time where you have to find secret exits to progress is in the Forest of Illusion, but since that area basically teaches you about secret exits, they're not that hard to figure out. Anyway, secret exits in some ghost houses give you 3-Up moons and stuff like that if I remember correctly, but you're better off grinding for lives in World 1. Hope this helps!
>>
>>2778576
>>2778586
Forgot you had to find a secret exit on Chocolate Island, too. One more thing - it might be worth it to find the exits that lead to Star Road, because it makes getting around the map way easier, especially if you're backtracking and looking for exits in older levels. One more tip: Look for the secret in Donut Ghost House, if you haven't found it already: It's worth your while.
>>
File: 1411070131672.png (80KB, 705x604px) Image search: [Google]
1411070131672.png
80KB, 705x604px
>>2778574
Hey no problem, my man. You described exactly the rub I've been in. I get too many nebulous answers out of internet searches for help with UW: NH. Loving the game, though, check it out.

One more question here while it's on my mind. Playing Punch Out a lot but I can't seem to remember how to counter Bald Bull's charge. Anyone got a quick tip for that? I hate just watching a youtube video or something, I like advice school recess style.
>>
>>2778608
thanks for the tips! yeah im on chocolate island right now, cant seem to find the normal exit to #2 for some reason. instead i get to a secret area and then straight into castle #6 with no save point inbetween. i guess thats the right way, although i cant see how ill be able to beat all those levels in a row with only 5 lives...
>>
>>2778630

for bald bull it's all about the timing. when he charges you had to quickly count to 3 and punch him in the stomach. you'll know once you got it right.
>>
File: 1423108505446.gif (495KB, 245x187px) Image search: [Google]
1423108505446.gif
495KB, 245x187px
>>2778687
The stomach! Fuck me, I thought the trick wad hitting his face at the right time. I was fooling around with dodging the charge, too, but he'll just do it over and over. Thanks, man.
>>
>>2778694

if i recall correctly you can count to 3 along with the sound effect he makes when charging... like dun-dun-dun PUNCH TO THE GUT!!! he'll go right down.
>>
>>2778731
Noted. I use the sound effect of Great Tiger's special attack to time my blocks, too. Can't wait to take him down after work.
>>
File: F4.jpg (27KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
F4.jpg
27KB, 256x224px
I've wanted to play Fire Emblem 4 (and then 5 right after) for a long time, tried 4 but it didn't work out, I was raised on 7 and above is probably the reason.

Wanting to start 4 again, can anyone give me some good, general advice about what to do and expect? Do's and Don'ts? As well as if there's canon pairs--not that I give a shit about shipping, I care about canon. If there's no canon pairs, what's the best combos mechanically?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.