[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games that were better on the PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: turok.jpg (62KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
turok.jpg
62KB, 640x438px
Not trying to start a war, just looking for unheard PC versions that are good.

Like, everybody remembers the N64 games, but barely anyone talks about the PC version, though it did a lot of stuff better. Higher res texture, wide screen, less fog, higher quality samples and better controls. Stuff like that was rather common back then, but there are a lot of games that are only remembered for their console versions.

Starshot: Space Circus Fever had voice acting, in multiple languages, on the PC. It's not a great game, but hey, it's something.

I've heard the Croc and Rayman games are way better on the PC, is that true?
>>
>>2773709
Wasn't the PC version of Turok gimped compared to N64 though?
>>
>>2774771
It's turok2 that you're thinking of, and even then while some lightning effects do look worse others look even better. The framerate is overall better, aiming is better due to mouselook and higher resolutions. But you'll need a glide wrapper to be able to see the map.
>>
Now that it's up for sale on gog, Legacy of Kain is way better on PC.
>>
>>2775010
Turok 2 on PC had a lot of problems but it did allow you to save your game anywhere, which was a significant improvement. I still prefer the N64 version but it's a much easier game on PC.
>>
Anybody play the PC version of Rogue Squadron? I couldn't get the shit to run a few years ago.
>>
>>2773709
I have Both Turok Dinosaur hunter an Seeds of Evil.
yet i still haven't completed both. Its either because the saves are corrupt or i just cheated,
>>
Every version of NFS. Support for analog controls since the first title, better graphics, dashboards, more vehicles and options, and out of the box you can mod it. Not sure how the series went after the retro cutoff except by graphics
>>
>>2777126
Works fine with nglide.
>>
shadow man:
PC>DC>PS (N64 ?)

Last Bronx:
graphics: PC>Arcade>PS2 (sega ages)>SS
content: SS>all (mhe a cutscene)

Crazy Taxi (hate me)
Original PC relase (you can change original song whit a mod; you can change the resolutionn over the DC limits)>DC>arcade>PS2>PC steam relase=XBOX live=PS network
>>
>>2777030
Wait wait wait....
Are you talking about the original Blood Omen?

I have the CD-Rom of that, and I was jumping through hoops to get it to run on Windows 7 about a year ago. PS1 version is plain old not as good.
>>
>>2778301
>PC>DC>PS (N64 ?)
PC>DC>N64>>>>>>>>>>PS

The PS version of Shadow Man is absolutely awful. Looks terrible, and I can't think of a 5th gen game with a worse framerate (and there are a lot of games with a bad framerate). The N64 version is basically the Dreamcast version on lower end settings. It's perfectly competent. Impressive even.
>>
>>2778335
Not too mention, with the N64 version, as you said, its basically the DC version but on lower settings. Also in the N64 version they removed much of the enemies that you would find on PC and DC. Not necessarily a bad thing tho! As it actually created a completely different and ominous atmosphere only found on the N64 version. Felt more alone and hopeless. Worth a play!
>>
>>2778312
>>2777030

Looked into it.
Nope. Every other game EXCEPT the first Blood Omen.

I would love to be able to play the PC version again without needing to dust off one of my ancient computers.
>>
>>2775010
>some lightning effects do look worse
examples?
>>
>>2780580
The lighting in the PC version is considerably less dynamic. It seems to either affect less polygons, or affects them in a more uniform way.
>>
>>2780595
Oh and just to add, the lighting seems to be substantially less colored in the PC version. At the very least, using a more limited RGB channel.
>>
File: 1392009228711.png (315KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1392009228711.png
315KB, 350x350px
>>2778681
i dont remember a significant difference in the amount of enemies, but it's been years. do you have any examples?
>>
>>2773709
That reminds me, I still have to play DOOM 64 on zandronum.
>>
>>2780565
Sadly they have licensing problems with Blood Omen.
>>
>>2775010
yeah, but the real advantage of turok 2 PC was the online multiplayer

I still see servers for it pop up from time to time
>>
>>2778681

agreed that the N64 version of Shadowman is creepier, the uncanny valley effect really works for horror games, must be why there was an explosion of horror games during 5th gen.

I still like the PC version though, mainly because the collision detection isn`t as annoying, faster turn speeds and voice acting where you can actually make out what is being said. Also that glorious soundtrack.
>>
>>2780605

there`s maybe twice as many enemies in the PC version, but they are weaker. In N64 version they are fewer but with more HP
>>
>>2782787
Fuckin hell, man.

I bet it has to do with Silicon Knights, huh?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.