[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: sku_218845_3.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sku_218845_3.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
Has anyone here added a Pam8403 to your portables? I just ordered a few of these and am thinking of throwing one in my Nomad to help the anemic sound (yes, I've replaced caps and am using a newer speaker...though smaller).
>>
>>2772938

I have no idea what this shit is
>>
>>2772942
datasheet says it's a high quality, low power usage, 3 watt audio amplifier IC
>>
It's an audio amplifier, yeah. High quality, maybe maybe not...but it is impressive to what its output is based on voltages.
I stumbled onto these, looking for a small amp layout. They're super inexpensive at $1-2 each...
>>
the only chips we know about here leave cheezy powder on our fingers.
>>
>>2772938
No. But I'd added other amps.

>>2772942
It's an amp.
>>
>>2773148
Details?
>>
>>2773165

It amps

Use it for better sound.
>>
Obviously. I was asking details about other amps that have been added...
>>
Interesting notion, i'd never considered it before. Do let us now how it works out, OP.
>>
>>2772942

came here to post this.
>>
File: Pam.jpg (83KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
Pam.jpg
83KB, 500x420px
I spray PAM on my gameboys to keep the d-pad from getting squeeky.
>>
>>2773435
Genius
>>
>>2773456

yeah, it also makes the screen nice and blurry for that retro CRT effect ;D
>>
File: pam.gif (820KB, 419x512px) Image search: [Google]
pam.gif
820KB, 419x512px
>>
>>2773165
It is an amp. Amp is short for amplifier. It amplifies sound. That means it makes sound louder. Every child over the age of 3 who knows how to play air guitar knows what an amp is.

>>2773387
Obviously it wasn't obvious. Honestly I don't remember the part number and am not going to open something up or dig up a receipt to get one. It's a standard part made by dozens of vendors. I assume OP used that particular part number because that's what came on the board he bought that has all the supporting components and solder pads.
>>
>>2772938
do they work good as a amp for headphones? The sound on my GBC was horrible so I did the line-out mod to it. Nut now the sound in the head phones lacks a bit of oomph to it, even if it sounds a lot better than before, and I'd like to put an amp in there.

Eventually replacing the speaker + new amp for that too would be good.
>>
>>2774118
You seem stressed, buddy. No need to come off like that. Seems there was some miscommunication is all.

Looks like a nice idea. Are you going to tap into the headphones or the main sound board?
>>
>>2774939
Not even stressed.
I find the headphones are a good place because you know what you're getting and you always have nice solder points. Another benefit is you get to use the native volume control, which you might not if you tap in earlier.
>>
Op here.
I was going g to tap headphone jack, yep. Sounds (:D) like that plan works.

I was wondering if that would work, since the jack may not receive signals unless a plug is inserted. Also, wondering if the speaker will cutoff when headphones are connected.
>>
>>2775064
Anyone able to chime in?
>>
>>2772938
normally wouldn't suggest this, but if you're that concerned about sound wouldn't emulating retro handhelds on a computer with a decent amp be better/easier
>>
>>2775064
The headphone jack always receives a signal. Depending on where exactly you connect you could have the speaker always on although I don't see any you'd want that.
>>
>>2777374
I don't emulate. :)
>>
>>2777401
And no, I wouldn't want it on all the time. I will have to look at the pinout of the jack and see if it has a standard cutout
>>
>>2777374
No. A computer is very hard to fit in your pocket.

>>2777578
Anything that has an internal speaker that shuts off when a headphone is plugged in has it.
>>
>>2777374
>emulating retro handhelds
>emulating the Nomad
Just pretending? LOL?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.