[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mechwarrior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: MechWarrior_2_cover.jpg (64KB, 400x467px) Image search: [Google]
MechWarrior_2_cover.jpg
64KB, 400x467px
There has never been a better mech game since.

So how do you get it working on modern systems?
>>
MechVM
>>
Better question is how to find a decenet copy of Mechwarrior 2 that isnt one of those bullshit rereleases with shit missing or whatever
>>
>>2772904
There are certain sites that archive things like this. However they are of dubious legality.
>>
>>2772532
This.

Playing through Mercenaries now. Fuck year.
>>
>>2772532

I find this works so much worse than just configuring dosbox manually.

MechVM just runs like trash, is prone to crashing, and gives me all kinds of graphical glitches like being able to see mechs through terrain. Even though it seems like it's basically just an ezmode dosbox installer, running dosbox manually just seems to work better.

At least that's my experience.
>>
>>2772271
Play the PSX version ironically.
>>
>>2773072
Never had any problems with MechVM, though I use nglide with it for glide support. Instructions for it are on nglide's compatibility list.
>>
>>2772271
>Mechcommander Gold
indisputable fact.
>>
>>2773072
MechVM isn't dosbox.
>>
Just get the DOS version of Mechwarrior 2, then make a .bin and .cue rip of it, load the .cue as an imgmount in dosbox, then mount wherever you installed the game and run it.

Your run should look like this:
imgmount d "c:\MECH2\mech2.cue" -t iso -fs iso
mount c "c:\MECH2"
c:
mech2

This is important. If you don't have a .cue, your game will not have music.

You can even get a 1024x768 resolution patch for DOS Mechwarrior 2. http://www.mech2.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=213#p997
>>
>>2776312
anyone mind uploading a prepacked zip
>>
>>2776323
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39936859/MECH2.7z

This is everything you need for the game itself except for dosbox.
>>
>>2776336
Oh yeah, and it has the dosbox conf in there, as well.
>>
>>2776312
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWzWdwj9NvU

lol, dos. Everyone knows powervr version is best!
>>
>>2776350
3D accelerated MW2 master race reporting in. I'm glad I still have my voodoo on an old PC.
>>
>>2772271
I'm glad someone else agrees with me.
>>
>>2772271
This came packed in with my first computer. The system requirements were way beyond what that computer was capable of. I've never had the pleasure of playing it.
>>
Remember when Hawken looked like it was going to be awesome? Did anyone try it?
>>
>>2776153
>RTS
>Capable of being best mech game.

No man.
>>
>>2776181

You know MechVM uses dosbox though, right?
>>
>>2776336
thank you, my nostalgia is rippling. time to plug in my joystick
>>
File: mw.png (70KB, 1040x806px) Image search: [Google]
mw.png
70KB, 1040x806px
>>2776892
really wanna get 3dfx version to work though
>>
File: 20151104_124811.jpg (750KB, 2048x1152px)
20151104_124811.jpg
750KB, 2048x1152px
>>2776942
Got win95 version to work with 3dfx on windows 7
>>
>>2777013
1. Download nGlide and install it.
2. Copy all the files from your Mech2 CD to a folder on your harddrive. Call it Mech2Setup.
3. Download Is3Engine.zip and extract into Mech2Setup.
4. Set Windows 95 compatibility on setup32.exe, run it and install the game.
5. Copy dplay.dll from Mech2Setup/DirectX to the game installation folder.
6. Download the 3DFX conversion files (those on Vogons don't work for converting!) So please use these:
6.Extract the files into the game installation folder.
7. Set Windows 95 compatibility on mech2.exe
8. Run the game with mech2.exe and enjoy!
9. If you want the music to play, you need to have the disc in the tray.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/73563-mechwarrior-2-in-3dfx-working-in-windows-7-64-bit/
>>
>>2777013
Glad you got it working.
>>
>open cheat prompt
>type idkfa
>instantly lose mission

hehe
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.