[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a fallout thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: fallout_1_wallpaper.jpg (528KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fallout_1_wallpaper.jpg
528KB, 1600x1200px
Can we have a fallout thread?
>>
fallout 1 & 2 were great. Just played them till I was sick of them. Three was kinda ok, but I was already burnt out. but have a bump.
>>
>>2771997

It's too sad now.
>>
>>2771997
Anyone has a easy to play Van Buren?
>>
>>2772314

Never reached a playable phase as far as I know. Sadly. Anything for a modern, turn-based WRPG.
>>
>>2772319
>>2772314
http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=35970
>>
Are there any mods worth trying out? I remember playing MegaMod for Fallout 2 a few years ago but it was a buggy mess.
>>
Ahh, original Fallout. My first game had me make a character with high agility and the trait that reduced APs on shots by 1 in order to bullet spam as much as possible. Once I got past Dogmeat (several saves later; I didn't know yet you could 'recruit' him) I encountered the Deathclaw nest. That.... didn't go so well. Next character was all about finesse going for max criticals. I've been playing that ever since.
>>
>>2772383
English translation for Fallout Resurrection is expected to come out this year. I'm looking forward to it.
http://resurrection.cz/en/
>>
>>2772383
Fallout 2 Restoration Patch adds tons of cut content and fixes like all of the 1000 bugs present in the original game.
>>
>>2772383
Restoration patch is the only mod you need. Megamod is a mess.
>>
So, just out of curiosity, why isn't there a sourceport for Fallout 1/2 yet? I mean, it isn't so much of a technical achivemente barely hacked together like Daggerfall, it's a relatively simple game that, at this point, is well understood. I can't see a simple 2D engine that reads the data from the original games being so hard to make.
>>
File: screenshot.274.png (263KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.274.png
263KB, 1024x768px
>Invading Mariposa base
>The Steel Rangers get some weird bug
>They take hits for no damage every single time
>They run out of ammo
>Watch as they mercilessly massacrate the mutant forcess one kick at a time
>>
File: screenshot.275.png (179KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.275.png
179KB, 1024x768px
>>2775942
Also, this damn thing won't open. I already crashed Mr Handy into it a few times.
>>
I tried the first Fallout and got killed the moment I left the cave.

Anyone want to recommend a good build for a beginning player?
>>
>>2775963
Typical first timer is
>Around eight Ag, En, and Pe, the rest of the points whatever you want (don't put odd numbers in En, the ammount of action points only increases every two points)
>Tag Small Guns, Energy Guns, and have your pick between Big Guns and Lockpick (Take into account that you won't find that many Big Guns won't be found that often)
>For starting perks, the only ones that are really worth it are Small Frame (Better Ag but lower Carrying capacity) and Jinxed (Everything does and receives more critiques), the rest are kinda meh. You don't necesarily have to select any of these.
>For perks gained during gameplay, eat drugs to pump up your stats before selecting one so you have more available, then put at least two levels in Quick Pockets (At that point opening the inventory is as cheap as reloading your weapon or ussing a stimpack from the quick slot, and once you opened the inventory you can do unlimited actions for free inside it) then select your own. A few good ones are Bonus Movement and that one that makes guns cheaper.
>>
>>2775973
>that makes guns cheaper.
cheaper to use by an action point*
>>
>>2775963
Max out AGI. Yes, you can raise stats ingame, but 10 action points are so much better than 9 early game that it's worth the loss in end game (where you are overpowered anyway). Lots of attacks take 5 AP, having 10 means you get two attacks per turn.

Gifted is by far the best trait. Some people say it's too good and refuse to use it.

Better Criticals is the best perk (note that it's not 20% more damage, it's +20% on the effect table, which means unlocking instakills). Bonus Move is awesome too.

Best skills are Speech and Small Guns.
>>
>>2775963
Look up the Diplosniper build. I think one of the walkthroughs on GameFAQS had it. Shit is OP.
>>
File: killyiurself.jpg (147KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
killyiurself.jpg
147KB, 1500x1500px
>tfw you level up Small Guns to 200+ and you can snipe people for massive damage from across the map

Ludicrous gibs!
>>
>>2776243
In the eyeball, in the dark, with weapons too heavy for you to use.
>>
>>2775807
oh you silly git.

here is some rocket science for you :

1. go to github
2. find the search field
3. type in fallout
4. find this : https://github.com/falltergeist/falltergeist (it's not complete yet, but it's getting there).

repeat for some other games, you might be surprised.
>>
>>2774746
>>2774793
I've played through Fallout2 with Restoration Patch about 50 times through the years, I'm looking for something comepletely new.
>>
>>2775973
>>For starting perks, the only ones that are really worth it are Small Frame (Better Ag but lower Carrying capacity) and Jinxed (Everything does and receives more critiques), the rest are kinda meh. You don't necesarily have to select any of these.

What the fuck? Gifted is the best trait in the game by far, it's common sense. Jinxed isn't nowhere near particularly powergaming, unless you go for a weirdass LK10 build, or roleplay a super unlucky guy.

Fast Shot is a pretty good trait if you know you'll be relying mostly on big guns (which can't be aimed), burst weapons (like 10mm SMG or Assault Rifle) or want to roleplay a cowboy and use Magnum 44 a lot (with Fast Shot, you can shoot it at 3AP). Otherwise don't take it.

Finesse can be nice for a sniper. Kamikaze is actually pretty good for avoiding deadly combat encounters (along with judicious use of Sneak, but don't tag that skill).

You can play Fallout with very low EN, because when you're in inventory, you can take as many Stimpaks as you want, and the most deadly threats are insta-death crits that can sometimes happen from late game enemies.

CH is a dumpstat, it doesn't do anything at all.

>>2776003
>Max out AGI. Yes, you can raise stats ingame, but 10 action points are so much better than 9 early game that it's worth the loss in end game (where you are overpowered anyway). Lots of attacks take 5 AP, having 10 means you get two attacks per turn.

I have an alternative philosophy regarding that; maxing out attacks is fun, but not necessary to dominate the field. I prefer to start with a moderate amount of AG (around 7 even), and only boost it with Buffout for really tough fights. This
1) makes sure I get to play around with the drug system, which is nice and makes stuff more tactical; makes me more conscious of what I need during a battle
2) saves points I'd rather have in IN, (you want a lot of skills, IMHO, they're just fun to use), LK or PE.
>>
>>2772319
... You mean like Wasteland 2?
>>
All I want is to keep Dogmeat alive until the end.
>>
>>2776532
Have you played it without that fucking bullshit?
>>
>>2772319
Good thing Van Buren was supposed to be the usual turn based/real time mixup abortion the likes of Arcanum then.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.