[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite non-DKC David Wise soundtrack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: folder.jpg (3MB, 1528x2100px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
3MB, 1528x2100px
What's your favorite non-DKC David Wise soundtrack?
>>
>>2770930
Kiddie Dong Racing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkoZCCapEyc
>>
David Wise is a hack
>>
>>2771001
If that beautiful man is a hack then you're lower than liquid rat diarrhea on the universal scale of brilliance, m8o
>>
File: Yes that is Fabio.png (146KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
Yes that is Fabio.png
146KB, 220x300px
>>2770930
>>
>>2771024
If he's so good how come he's a lousy videogame composer and not a real musician?
>>
File: Battle_Toads_-_1994_-_Rare,_Ltd..jpg (151KB, 1440x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_Toads_-_1994_-_Rare,_Ltd..jpg
151KB, 1440x1260px
Battletoads Arcade, easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGZjUR5PRcw

Such a shame the sound quality is GBA tier, should have been on the Super Nintendo.
>>
anoes
>>
>>2771060

Real musicians like Koji Kondo only make bland music, so who gives a shit?
>>
>>2770930

I loved the first 5-6 levels of this game. Past that, it's absolutely bullshit.
>>
>>2771060
works both ways. The keyboardist for Casiopea (basically sega style music: the band) quit and became the head of a video game company that makes train simulators

Also DKC was special because it illicits feels for our generation. If you missed out then its not going to be the same now. Tetrisphere was GOAT ost but I could care less about the new tetris ost because I didnt grow up with it.
>>
>>2771060
Honestly, in some ways being an accomplished video game composer is more impressive to me than being a "real musician." Do you realize how difficult that job was? You have to write a piece of music that can't be more than a certain length (takes up vital storage space in the pre-CD days), you can only use a handful of "instruments," and your music is going to be played on repeat for potentially extended periods of time so you have to make sure it's catchy without getting old quick or being irritating. And in some cases, you had to not only write the music, but program the system as well.

And yet, despite all those restrictions, people created pieces of music that are still beloved to this day, and in some cases are among the most recognizable pieces of music around.
>>
>>2777630
Just because it's good VIDEOGAME music doesn't mean it's good actual music.
>>
>>2777639
there's plenty of good video game music that's legitimately good music in its own right.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.