[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite frachises, /v/? Pic very related Favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: Legend_Of_Zelda_Link.png (816KB, 1280x873px) Image search: [Google]
Legend_Of_Zelda_Link.png
816KB, 1280x873px
What are your favorite frachises, /v/?

Pic very related

Favorite entry has always been Ocarina of Time.
>>
>zelda
>using the word franchise

13 year old confirmed
>>
It might sound a bit casual but Mario is probably my favorite series, if we limit it to the /vr/ stuff. That's including spinoffs like Mario Kart, Party and the RPGs. I love the platforers as well of course, but if we count each Mario spinoff as its own series seperate from Super Mario Bros. then each one equals a lot less than the whole, I think. If we count each Mario series (SMB, Kart, etc.) separately, then Metal Slug would be my overall favorite videogame IP.

>>2765405
Yes, he should have said series or intellectual property. Thankyou grammar anon.
>>
Mega Man
Bonk
Gradius/Parodius/Salamander
Mario
>>
>>2765373
Probably Zelda. Most of my other favorite games never garnered enough to be considered a franchise, or if they did, most of the games are shit.

Ocarina of Time gets a lot of shit hurled at it, but god damn it's so good. To this day, I'm always amazed how solid it is. The game doesn't hold your hand, doesn't bullshit you, and has zero filler. You progress as fast as you want. You can take your time and do everything, explore everywhere and talk to everyone, and likely get all kinds of neat shit to supplement your experience, or you can just fuck everything, make a beeline straight to Ganon's castle, be done with the game in like 7 hours, and the game NEVER slows you down. Considering this game basically wrote the book for 3D adventure gaming on the fly, it did it near-perfectly.

It's a shame that every subsequent Zelda has been a step down. Majora, only slightly, because some of the pre-dungeon tasks are a bit too much like filler. Wind Waker suffers from obviously cut content and miserable pacing at the beginning and ending. Twilight Princess, I haven't played since it came out, but I recall feeling greatly annoyed by the mandatory wolf segments, and being forced to find "tears of light" or whatever to unlock new areas to progress. And well, we could fill a book with Skyward Sword's problems.
>>
File: stallman prevent.webm (1002KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
stallman prevent.webm
1002KB, 500x280px
>>2765470
>intellectual property

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.en.html
>>
>>2768321
>No filler

Anon...
>>
>>2768367
Okay, lay it on me. What does Ocarina of Time have that could be considered filler.
>>
>>2768353
>excuse me, I have a neckbeard and an opinion!

Yeah, no one cares.
>>
>>2768321
Your criticisms for Majora are valid, but I didn't mind the number of dungeons personally. I know dungeons are what make a Zelda game but there was so much to do outside of them in that game that I never felt bored. It was a nice change of pace at least.
>>
>>2765373
final fantasy.
zelda was only good on n64. ff xiii saga sucks too.
also worth mentioning:
>god of war
>prince of persia
>resident evil
>kingdom haatsu
>>
I guess it only has 3 /vr/ related games, but the Metroids were pretty top tier for all of their platforms. Hell, I'm still learning new tips and tricks for Super even today.
>>
>>2768367
All filler in OoT is completely optional. Unless you're going to claim something like evading the guards on the way to Zelda in the castle or having to do the Epona race is filler. I'm having trouble thinking of anything.
>>
>>2768408
Do you even need Epona in that game?
>>
Suikoden and Star Ocean series. Yeah, I love all the games, despite all the flaws people who aren't me claim ruin some of the entries.
>>
>>2768412
You need to do the race once and then jump out of the ranch and progress, yeah.
>>
>>2768414
But what parts? From what I remember you can get into Lake Hylia via the river in Gerudo Valley, and can get into Gerudo Fortress with the Longshot.
>>
>>2768426
Oh I gotcha, yeah I don't know if you actually NEED her for anything else in the game after that point. I just brought it up as something the game forces you to do that some people might not like and call filler. Not some ravenous OoT fan here or anything, I just like it and play through it once a year or so.
>>
>>2768434
>Not some ravenous OoT fan here or anything

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were. I was just curious if it was required is all. Its such a short segment that I don't consider it to be filler that much.
>>
File: 1392753595614.png (82KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1392753595614.png
82KB, 625x626px
>>2765373
>>
File: Beat&MegaMan.png (108KB, 275x517px) Image search: [Google]
Beat&MegaMan.png
108KB, 275x517px
Love me some Mega Man. Not the most original series in the world, but always delivers a fun experience with some great music. Plus, I can't get enough of the overall character designs. They're just so colorful and original.
>>
>>2768434

You're never forced to get Epona. Even if you enter the ranch, you aren't forced to compete in the race. When I was a retarded kid I couldn't even figure out how to get Epona as an adult.
>>
>>2768434
>>2768436
The game doesn't even require you to get Epona. You could go through the entire game without setting foot in Lon Lon Ranch.

The act of getting Epona isn't even filler. It's the act of getting Epona. You have to ask Ingo to a race and win twice. It's a challenge with a reward. I know the exact definition of filler is sort of subjective, but some people get pretty stupid about it, though. If you look at it their way, dungeon enemies and puzzles are just filler until you get to the boss, and dungeon bosses themselves are just filler until you reach the final boss.

>>2768397
I didn't even mention the number of dungeons. I consider Majora to be just as good as Ocarina of Time, really, it's just so very different, and it requires some patience and a little bit of repetition that makes it less than ideal to just pick up and tackle in a straightforward manner like OoT.
>>
>>2768449
just play along

even though OP didn't even bother to change it from /v/ to /vr/
>>
File: goemonc.jpg (39KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
goemonc.jpg
39KB, 450x300px
I love and miss this gang so much.
>>
Mega Man (classic, not X)
Banjo Kazooie
Donkey Kong Country/64
Mario 2d platformers
Metal Gear (including solid)
Crash Bandicoot
Mario RPGs
Zelda

Platformers are far and away my favorite genre.
>>
For the long running franchise it would have to be the Legend of Zelda and Castlevania
>>
>>2768368
Not that guy, and I fucking love OOT, but going back to the forest to learn Saria's song right after leaving was pretty annoying. It does introduce the lost woods and forest temple, but that could have been done while you were there the first time, or the shortcut to there from Goron City could have been made to be unblocked with something other than bombs.

It's a very minor amount of filler, and is the only part of the game that I would call such. Still, it's there. Even great games have flaws.
>>
File: 1439184024509.png (611KB, 1000x796px) Image search: [Google]
1439184024509.png
611KB, 1000x796px
>>/co/ reminds us that Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda of all time.
>>
>>2772075
I don't understand this image.
>>
>>2765373
Metroid. Favorite has got to be Super Metroid.
Also Wolfenstien. any series, and pretty much any other game where I can kill Nazis.(pronounced nazzies)
>>
File: 955939.png (33KB, 349x260px) Image search: [Google]
955939.png
33KB, 349x260px
Darius. Love them all except the SNES ones and have cleared almost every single route for all games.
>>
>>2769125
It's a bit of backtracking, but since it introduces you to an important new song, AND allows you to explore an entirely new area that has tons of shit to do (The Lost Woods), I think it can hardly be considered filler in the typical sense.
>>
>>2768321
>doesn't hold your hand
>zero filler
lol.
>>
>>2773102
It is an edit of the "Zelda's Reaction" meme featuring the emotions (and Riley) from the Pixar film Inside Out.
Riley (the blond girl on the lower left) is the cutest of them all but she has the name Ocarina of Time instead of Riley.
Therefore, it is true that Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda. According to /co/.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.