[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chocobo General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: choc_racing.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
choc_racing.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>avoid all chocobo spin offs because I figure they will be childish/soulless games

>Finally try Chocobo Racing 15 years later
>it's a childish/soulless game

The one good thing I will say is the graphics/ characters are very well done. As is Story Mode.

The problem though is this is a racing game and the racing fucking sucks. If you fuck up majorly once, you might as well restart the race because the boss will be half way across the map by time you recover.

It uses a system very similar to Mario Kart Racing with powerups/attacks and such, but using them is just boring and not fun at all.

The tracks are very basic and also not fun.

The game is cute, but thats it.
Is chocobo's dungeon 1 & 2 any good?
I somehow doubt it.
>>
To clarify, when I say "childish" I just mean it has no real depth and feels like it was made for a young kid to fuck with, not FF fans.
>>
>>2726887
>Is chocobo's dungeon 1 & 2 any good?

They're decent fun if you enjoy roguelikes.
>>
>>2726918
Just looked up some gameplay..
eh.. again looks cute and like a fun little adventure with mog, but somehow It doesn't look fun.

I think I just hate video games now.
Fuck.
>>
>>2726887
>Dungeon 1
Avoid like plague. Terrible rouge like that isn't even in english. Very unforgiving.
>Dungeon 2
It's more or less a nice game to pick up to just chill out and play. Not very hard and doesn't have that much depth.
>>
The extra characters you could unlock were interesting. Squall and Aya were fun to play as. I remember the airship was one of the worst because it crashed into everything at 200mph.

I couldn't get past Ultros in Chocobo's Dungeon 2.
>>
>>2727385
>It's more or less a nice game to pick up to just chill out and play. Not very hard and doesn't have that much depth.

Shiroma is cute

>Shiro (white) MAge

and I can't believe I only just now got that
>>
>>2726887
>Is chocobo's dungeon 1 & 2 any good?
Ever played any of the mystery dungeon games? Pokemon, shiren, tornekko, etc
It's just like that.
>>
>>2727517
The airship was so fast that if you used Haste or Boost, it would SLOW DOWN. Ironically, using Boost to slow down made it far easier to take sharp corners than using Grip Up.

Remind me why Gunblade isn't considered hilariously OP?
>>
>>2726887
The controls are so arcade. I have fond memories playing chocobo racing, so I've got nostalgia glasses on.

Music arrangements are good too. I live bahamuts course.
>>
>>2731481
>I have fond memories playing chocobo racing

Did you play with friends? cause I find that hard to believe
>>
Was playing Racing earlier this year. I actually like the simplicity of it. No need to think much, if at all.

What's the prerequisite for unlocking Squall? I beat Story Mode like, four times but never got Squall to pop out.

>>2727767
The "ma" is more likely from "madoushi" or "mahoushi", but whatever, it's close enough.
>>
>>2731502
Yeah, my friend had it. We played the shit out of it creating our own custom vehicles.
>>
>>2726887
>it's a childish/soulless game
Fuck you tasteless shitter
>>
Chocobo's Dungeon 2 was such a shit game. I distinctly remember being so excited when I borrowed it from a friend as a kid, only to be saddened and confused by how bad it was.

Fuck, Ehrgeiz is a better dungeon game. Wait a minute, Ehrgeiz is an actually good game, I forgot
>>
>>2726932
maybe you should get a degree/job/life then when you spend your spare time playing videogames you won't have to hate yourself
>>
>>2734972
Chocobo's Dungeon is actually great and you can suck dicks.

Azure Dreams is better though.

Ehrgeiz with it's quest mode is interesting for sure, but its as much of a mess as any actiony pseudo roguelike I've seen, it's definitely not as good as Tobal 2, and maybe No.1

The Tobal games have that weird atmosphere to them too, the dungeoning feels very abstract

I think you can actually do weird shit like use an invisibility potion to avoid encounters, then hold up a piece of meat and cook it on the floating fireball that enemies appear as before you get in a battle with them
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.