[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Sa·Ga/ Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 515
Thread images: 123

File: 47617421_p0_master1200.jpg (157KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
47617421_p0_master1200.jpg
157KB, 600x600px
IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE!
SENSEI WILL ACCOMPANY YOU IN THIS THREAD.

Thanks to the Anons who contributed the albums and Genocide SaGa links in the last thread.

>Links
http://pastebin.com/EkhdyL8p
Romancing SaGa 3 Patch FAQ
http://pastebin.com/QeD1BR5q
FAQ for people new to the series
http://pastebin.com/kRbSg6PG
>Downloads
http://pastebin.com/E1V2hcfM
>News
New Bokuno patches are available!

SaGa Frontier Characters and Dark Emperor routes implemented in Imperial SaGa!

SaGa Scarlet Grace for PS Vita confirmed for 2016!

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/saga_sg/
>>
The bgm on this fight is pretty boss
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26585567
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I love saYa game
>>
>>2722873
Yeah, for a web browser game the music is pretty fucking good.

A kind anon ripped the Imperial SaGa OST, you can find it in the pastebin.
>>2722904
>Lamia
>Siren

Uhhh, makes me remember my first time in Furdo's workshop.
>>
Apparently SaGa: Scarlet Grace (Vita) got trademark'd in Europe so fingers crossed that maybe we won't have to import it after all
>>
>>2724352
Good news, if Europe gets this then Ameribros will simply have to get a european copy.
Oh well, as long as anybody in the west gets it it's already a good thing anyway, thank Kaz the Vita isn't region locked like the 3DS.
>>
Final Fantasy Legend II is the only good SaGa game.
>>
>>2724889
I'm enjoying Romancing SaGa 3
No nostalgia or series familiarity, it's just a legitimately fun game
>>
>>2724889
It sure is the best one in the GB trilogy, still can't understand why the decided to go back to the FF roots with 3, it's mind boggling.

That said, the DS remake it's pretty great in terms of mechanics, maybe there's a bit too much stuff on the players side to be challenging but some ideas are pretty good and I'd like to see them return, having stats raise in real time instead of waiting for the end of the battle is nice, not sure why they went for that mixed waza learning system but it wasn't so bad either, it's basically what the first Romancing SaGa waza system should have been instead of that tedious grind slog.
>>2724892
RomaSaGa 3 would have been even better if they made it a bit harder and more non linear, it has a lot of things I like but it would have benefitted from a few things RomaSaGa 2 did, like having multiple scenario endings, bosses that change forms depending on your actions and better mooks, it is more refined than RomaSaGa 2 though, it's much better for playing without worries and just for fun, RomaSaGa 2 can be pretty stressful at times.
>>
>>2724889
been grinding a baseworld team for months on my '89 brick dmg. Can't wait to unleash them.
>>
File: Nemea.jpg (327KB, 1029x585px) Image search: [Google]
Nemea.jpg
327KB, 1029x585px
This guy is pretty dangerous.

He walked all over me the first time I fought it.

The Dark route ending is pretty fun plot wise, it's basically a giant fuck you to everything, fuck resurrecting dad, fuck Elore, fuck Vadagara, fuck Nemea, it's a bit sad that Adel dies for real though

Most of the crossover stuff is based on the Frontier and Frontier 2 cast, Orlouge plays a BIG role in all of this surprisingly, Illdon, Ciato and Rastaban also have a few lines here and there, turns out Orlouge isn't a huge dick this time, though he's still a dick all things considered, Sherah is awakened and both she and Death are "on your side" to defeat Vadagara.
I don't know whether Olga's route is any different though I don't think much will change, maybe a few dialogues with Asellus since Ivan kinda considers her more than just a vassal in the ending, at least if I got things right.

Pretty fun, there's also some nice crossover stuff between Gustave and Gerald becoming bros, Fuse and the Irpo dudes fucking around and some Alkaiser stuff here and there, also Lute trying to seduce Captain Silver and miraculously getting out of it alive.
>>
Anyone tried out the Legend of Legacy demo?
>>
How much of the OST is missing from stuff in the 20th ani collection? Because I have that if it's got enough of the US and Minstrel osts

Actually looking I have unlimited itself as well and the tracklist for the 20th matches the same as the unlimited ost
>>
>>2726429
A few anons here did, the consensus is that while decent there's not the general complexity and richness of mechanics or content, making it kind of an inferior Romancing SaGa clone.
The japs mostly said the same thing during the first weeks, lukewarm reception as only a few people really liked it though most agreed that while it's not a bad game it's an incomplete and lackluster clone, there were quite a lot of threads on 2ch about it and they were mostly positive/neutral in nature, didn't see much on Futaba, and that's weird considering SaGa is pretty much everywhere on their /v/.
I guess some people were also a bit turned off by the fact that FuRyu developed it and they have quite a rich portfolio of Kusoge, that and the fact that the team who worked on it was made of a lot of former Square employees who worked on the SaGa games kinda killed the hype when the game didn't live up to the fanbase's expectation.
>>2726440
OP here, we miss the Minstrel Song and Unlimited discs due to my HDD shitting himself and corrupting those folders, if you'd like to contribute I'm sure all the anons here would be very grateful.
>>
>>2727701
You want mp3 or flac? My 20th collection is all flac but I have a separate folder of unlimited that's mp3
>>
>>2727707
My rips are all flac and since they are all part of the 20th collection box it would be better to have all in flac I guess.
But whatever is easier for you to upload man.
>>
>>2727712
https://mega.nz/#!lg51XBRZ!BuV5_S2c0xE4Fdb72V6iEUG3jKCe8vJtlqP2KG3NqLc

https://mega.nz/#!cp53yT4R!PUP0U5bRdkno2LxBUDFviLAvFsw1soYKnzCjLeMf838

Let me know if either errored at all
>>
>>2727782
Gave a quick look and it seems everything's alright, once I get home I'll download the files and let you know if everything's working.

Thanks in advance Anon, with this all the OSTs are finally available.
>>
Imperial Saga Talk
I wish I knew they were going to rotate the "free" card that shows up during the 3600 Crown/10 Draw Gacha because I rather have Riki (ongoing) than Red so I can test out the Monster mechanics
>>
>>2728124

Yeah, I got Lute without knowing they'd rotate. I think they might do this with all upcoming content from the other games.

Thankfully, Lute is the only other character I know of aside from Bai Mei Niang (is that how you spell her name?) that has access to three elemental schools of magic.

I hope they do the rotation for the Unlimited SaGa content because I really want Armic.
>>
>>2728124
Well, you might get a 3*-5* Riki anyway, the special cards are really only a slight upgrade from 3*, sometimes the difference is really marginal.
>>2728168
Now if only Magic was actually good...
>>
File: IMG_20151009_151800.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151009_151800.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Been looking through my RS Minstrel's Song Ultimania book now that I have more time and found this information to be kind of neat to have included. Probably standard, but neat to me.
>>
>>2728498
Enemy chase patterns were actually a thing since Romancing SaGa 2, not sure whether Romancing SaGa had those as I didn't play it extensively, I did notice birds to have some kind of patterns but again, it might have been my imagination.
Curiously, SaGa Frontier 2 didn't have any of that, it worked like any standard targeting system, though there were a few notable exceptions like the Griffons and some ghosts in the Tower of Laubholz.
I think that the patterns in MinSon, especially the Insect and Undead are very clever, beasts, birds and lizards are pretty easy to avoid though, luckily they made them faster and with slightly better tracking in the DS SaGa remakes.
Demon types and their fucking teleport are pretty annoying when you're going through monster heavy zones.

I wish more games had such gimmick.
>>
>>2728518
Yeah, I knew the patterns were a thing, just thought it was cool that had it in the book as well. One thing to note from this page is that some of the monsters will aggro on sight, but others on sound and then the oozes on smell. I'm not even sure how the last one works but yeah.
>>
>>2728526
IIRC slimes always detect you if you enter their awareness field, you can't hide from them by using any kind of stealth action.
Though I might be wrong.
>>
How bad is the moon wall for imperial? Is it rerolling like mobages tend to be
>>
>>2728742
>How bad is the moon wall for imperial?
Normal, if you only care about playing the game's layout it's intuitive enough I guess, I don't want to know why you'd actually want to play such a piece of shit for the gameplay though.
If you want to play for the content as in dialogues and crossover than you need to start studying already.
>Is it rerolling like mobages tend to be
Not quite, mostly because of the terrible gameplay though, you can spend millions of shekels on the gacha but you still won't be able to clear top tier missions easily if luck's not on your side.
Well, maybe if you do spend literal millions on it you could, but you wouldn't be so desperate to do that, right?
>>
>>2729074
Because the dev team is like 90% old SaGa devs.
>>
So what happened to the anon who was playing as Thomas in RS3?
Did you manage to beat Arakes?
>>
How viable (or should I say, possible) is a solo character run in Romancing SaGa 3?
>>
>>2730391
It depends on your mains, really.

It's more or less:
Julian=Harid=Katarina>powergap>Ellen>Thomas>Monica>Sara=Mikhail

Given that you pump the first three with some weapons like Greatsword/Sword/Spears/Axes and classes like Hunter so they get the best out of waza of course, Ellen could theoretically win with Axes but all the others are very luck reliant against the final boss.

Keep in mind that you'll be required not only to grind like crazy, but also exploit whatever broken magic you get, so that means having mandatory fire/wind and shadow magic for Reviver, Shadow Servant and Wind Dragon God.

Theoretically, also secondary characters like Sharl, Zo, Ward and Robin could solo the game, Zo is especially very strong with Wind Dragon God and Shadow Servant to the point that he's almost virtually immortal against any boss due to his very high LP pool and general defense.

Sure, there's no way to solo easily like Romancing SaGa 2 or Minstrel Song, but it's not impossible, Magic only runs are the true challenge.
>>
>>2730475

Actually, now that I think about it since during Sara's story, she is removed from the party right before the final boss along with Shonen, what would happen if you fought the final boss solo as Sara? Would she still be removed despite being the only character in the party, or would you fight a Destroyer that's only powered by Shonen?

What do you mean by theoretically when referring to those characters? Also, if I remember right, Total Eclipse has the side-effect of canceling Wind Dragon God.
>>
>>2730495
>what would happen if you fought the final boss solo as Sara?

You know, that's actually a very good question and something that never crossed my mind until now.
I guess the special commander mode trigger just doesn't activates and you play normally, shit I don't know really, why haven't I thought about it all this time?

>What do you mean by theoretically when referring to those characters?

I said theoretically because you can't solo the game with them, in theory they have the stats to do that but in practice they can't be leaders so you're always forced to use a MC, and since you take LP damage when KO'd you'd get MC death game over before you kill the final boss.

>Also, if I remember right, Total Eclipse has the side-effect of canceling Wind Dragon God.

Does it? I don't remember anything about this, it doesn't really matter though since you can always cast reviver as back up anyway and with Shadow Servant up you should be able to finish the fight very quickly on a maxed Harid/Julian/Katarina.

What can potentially screw you over are status effects, with good armor and a Seven Star Sword/Dragon's Gae Bolg/Hauteclair you can just concentrate on spamming waza and occasionally restore Reviver/Shadow Servant, Dancing Leaves is also very handy though and if you use one handed weapons the Silver Hand is a must.
To be honest I don't really know whether Mikhail or Sara can reliably win though, they don't have the stats to pull damage fast enough and they can't tank either, I guess you could survive a good number of turns playing defensively but you'd run out of fuel before killing the boss with those subpar stats. I can be totally wrong though so take what I say with quite a few grains of salt, I've seen people manage the impossible against final bosses and Romancing SaGa 3 is not my forte, I've never tried to sodomize the game like I did with Frontier or Romacing SaGa 2 so I don't have the meta knowledge to be 100% sure of what I've said.
>>
>>2730520

Actually, you CAN solo the game with them. There is a glitch that allows you to replace the main character you chose with the second member in your party, and this can be done with any character of your choosing. This glitch also allows you to have a party with no characters at all (and it is exploited in the TAS of the game to recruit a debug/placeholder character, the murdered man of Vanguard who has a Matador that does 9999 damage). If done with Tatyana, when you enter Librof, she performs mitosis and leaves the party, but she doesn't reappear in a town, so you can't have two of her.

What if you play as Sara, perform the character replacement glitch with Shonen, and then fight the final boss solo?
>>
>>2730548
I didn't know about this glitch, now you make me want to go back to the game, again.

>What if you play as Sara, perform the character replacement glitch with Shonen, and then fight the final boss solo?

I guess the game will implode, there's a similar bug in Romancing SaGa 2 related to Wraith Form but it's extremely risky because it could very possibly freeze the game and corrupt all your save files if you do that.
Basically, Wraith Form is the spellcaster equivalent to Phantom Fighter, whereas Phantom Fighter locks your character to Axe Waza, Wraith Form locks you to spells.
Now, once you get Wraith Form you have to erase all your other magic except Shadow Servant or Reviver, go into a battle and cast immediately Wraith Form, once you caster's menu turns up the game shits itself. it either freezes or completely screws up your questline status by either adding or removing territories at random, give you random items in your inventory and generally shuffle any kind of quest or boss trigger and obviously corrupt your save files as well.
This happens because Wraith Form forbids the use of Shadow Servant and Reviver(and Wrait Form itself), so when the game has to draw a menu it will go crazy because there's nothing to draw due to those spells being literally removed by the effect of Wraith Form.

Wonder if this bug in Romancing SaGa 3 has the same issues.
>>
>>2730627

To perform the glitch, you need to party wipe against an abyss lord. Arakes is the easiest and fastest to set it up on. You then need your main character on 1 LP. Every character has to die on the same turn.

When your main character runs out of LP, the game is over. When you lose to an abyss lord, you're kicked out to the main entrance.

However, if you activate both lose states at once, the main character will die and be removed from the party, and the next member will replace them when they wake up at the entrance to the abyss lord's dungeon.

Through careful observation, this glitch reveals that stat values are tied directly to the name of the character. When the second party member wakes up, they take on the name of the main character, whatever it was, and their stats change from what they are hard-coded to be.

For example, I changed the name of the main character and had Tatyana replace them through the glitch. Normally, her strength and dexterity would be 18 and 16, but with the new name, they were 23 and 21, although her speed and intelligence took a noticeable hit. In theory, it should be possible to locate the "perfect" name the highest overall stats a character could have.
>>
>>2727701

Sounds like a bunch of butthurt nips to me. It's a lot better than most of the games in the franchise.
>>
>>2730686
That's very interesting, never thought names would be somehow linked to stats, now I wanna do a Robin run.
But since the MC "dies" what happens at the end of the game? Do you still see his/her finale or it's simply skipped?
>>2731165
>It's a lot better than most of the games in the franchise.
I've not seen anyone claim this, why do you say so?
>>
>>2731734

The finale is still played out and the MC replacement has the lines of the character they replaced, as well as everyone talking to the replacement as though they were the chosen MC.

There's a few interesting changes when doing this too. The first one is that character-locked missions like Katrina recovering the Masquerade are technically abandoned, because you can return to Loanne if you replace her with anyone else. Also, replacement characters don't have a "town" theme (although I'm not sure about Robin, he may have his own theme). Instead, the theme that is used is a random (but always the same one for that character) track from the game. With Muse (who I want to solo the game with), it's the tropical theme of Great Arc. With Tatyana, it's the sound of howling wind and echoing evil laughter.
>>
File: 2spoopy.gif (918KB, 453x321px) Image search: [Google]
2spoopy.gif
918KB, 453x321px
>>2731782
>With Tatyana, it's the sound of howling wind and echoing evil laughter.

So Leonid's castle's hallroom BGM?

Talk about spoopy.
Well, I'm definitely interested in doing a Robin run now, that actually opens up quite a lot of replayability.

But let's say that I'm using someone like Harid or Thomas, if I kill them off with this glitch will they reappear as recruitable character or are they just removed from the game?
>>
>>2731785

Unfortunately, I haven't tested it with any other character than Katrina because you can breeze through her prologue pretty quickly if you don't put the key in the jail cell.

I wouldn't know if you can recruit them, considering Katrina's only playable in her scenario, but judging from the fact that Tatyana's mitosis twin doesn't reappear, I'm assuming the recruitment flag persists.

Also, a few minor glitches in Katrina's scenario, you can press B to exit the castle when you move into the range where Katrina runs up to Mikhail and Harid, and she starts charging through the town square while the dialogue plays out. You can also do this when you approach the throne with the demon on it, and all three characters will exit the throne room and run off-screen to their actors positions.

Just remember what name you choose, because it'll affect Robin's stats. I can't enter single-character names because of the alphabet in the translation, unless you yourself are playing the original Japanese version?
>>
>>2731816
>she starts charging through the town square while the dialogue plays out. You can also do this when you approach the throne with the demon on it, and all three characters will exit the throne room and run off-screen to their actors positions.
That sounds hilarious, and yeah I play the japanese version.
Wonder what will happen if I give my MC Robin's name? Would he use his own stats?
I gotta find out.
>>
>>2731882

I wouldn't know, but please tell me the results. It'd be cool to play a solo Robin campaign as if he went on from saving towns to saving the universe, lol.

I was thinking that first glitch would allow me to exit Loanne before completing the prologue, thus letting me skip it and remain in Katrina's noble attire (which I hope they add to Imperial SaGa as a promotional version of her), but that didn't work. Instead, she can just run through everything without collision at double the speed.
>>
>>2732195
Yeah, I want to start a fresh file just to check this thing so I'll take pictures and all, you really got me interested in this glitch.
I want to see if I can also get both Robins in, that would be amazing, I think I'll go for Robin, Ward, Nora, Boston and either fake Robin, Sharl or Black.
One last thing, I do not need a full party for the glitch right? I can just speedrun to Arakes with Harid and Robin in second position to get things done fast.
>>
>>2732416

Yeah, you can do it like that, that's how I did it for Katrina and Tatyana. Have the character you want in second position. Enter the fight with the MC at 1 LP, and make sure Arakes starts the fight with Blade Roll (and also make sure the characters don't accidentally learn the evasion waza on the first turn like mine did, that was annoying but it made me laugh) so it kills the MC and wipes the party at the same time.

Robin should wake up by himself at the entrance to the Devil Palace. What I don't know is if the MC's chosen weapon and "role" are transferred to the replacement character.

Considering the thing that happened to Tatyana and separating from herself, I wonder if making Herman the MC will let him become Black. Additionally, I also wonder if replacing the any of the starting MCs with Monica will allow for Mikhail to be in the same party, or vice versa, or even Tatyana, as he won't let her join either if I remember correctly.

I think an interesting party to have would be one that's normally impossible early game: Sara (recruit Mihkail first) then Shonen. Force Mihkail to become the MC, then recruit Monica and Tatyana (if the game still thinks you're playing as Sara).

The glitch definitely makes for some peculiar possibilities. Having Shonen for the final boss battle would be a nice treat.
>>
>>2732545
Alright, thanks for the clarification.
>What I don't know is if the MC's chosen weapon and "role" are transferred to the replacement character.
Well, if it's possible to know a character's base stats then it should be simple math, given that it works that way of course.

I'm thinking about having Shonen for the last battle, considering how simplistic the whole quest triggers and recruitment flags are the game should in theory be "flexible" enough to make it work, problem is I don't really know how flexible the game is and if there are any serious side effects to this bug.
>>
>>2732575

If you're interested, the TAS of the game is found here, and utilizes the "empty party" glitch to enter a debug room and fight the final boss. Coincidentally, it features Robin as an important step for the glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAoalVd7pyM

Yeah, the only way to have Shonen for the final battle would be to play as Sara, and then have Shonen replace her. However, I don't actually know if he gets sucked into the abyss twice.
>>
Vaguely related to SaGa question, but have there been any purely sci-fi RPGs that play similar to the SaGa franchise? No magic, or at least less focus on that aspect.

I know SaGa itself has some mixing of sci-fi and fantasy, but I think it'd be neat to play some more purely sci-fi games in the same vein.
>>
File: HAPPENING.jpg (127KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
HAPPENING.jpg
127KB, 480x272px
>>2732668
Thanks for the link Anon, much appreciated.
Also, I did it, I got Robin as MC.
>>2733495
Metal Max is the closest you'll get but it's not properly Sci-fi, it's more of a post apocalyptic steam/cyberpunk series, imagine a japanese Mad Max/Fallout mixed with Dominion Tank Police and Akira.

It has a lot of things you'd like if you're a SaGa fan, it's non linear(and in a few cases like Metal Max Returns is much better done than SaGa), skill based rather than level based, there are proficiencies in the form of driving or combat skills since the main gimmick is driving vehicles such as tanks, multiple endings and in some games different characters to recruit or classes, also, no magic at all, not even psychic power or Espers, just guts, muscles and guns.
Unfortunately the enemy encounters are random but the game gives you a lot of ways to circumvent that, lots of sidequests, special bosses with bounties that can be quite challenging to beat and also the very same kind of exposition in SaGa, free exploration and show but don't tell, I warmly suggest you to go play it, Metal Max Returns for SNES also has a decent english patch if you can't read Japanese.
>>
File: Before & After.jpg (90KB, 479x544px) Image search: [Google]
Before & After.jpg
90KB, 479x544px
Now, what I've noticed is that Harid doesn't appear in the Holy King Palace in Lance, it's like he's become one with Robin, or rather, his characters slot has been overwritten with Robin.
Fake Robin doesn't appear, unfortunately, I was really hoping to get him as well dammit.
Robin's BGM is Leonid's Castle BGM as in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC1zC8jIv_E&list=PLF5455663AF4F78FD&index=48
The stat change is amusing, I renamed Harid to Robin, and made him a hunter with Rapier proficiency, I think that this glitch overrides character's classes and proficiencies with the ones you chose but I'm not sure, I'd need to do some math to see whether this is true.
Also, I haven't tried to unlock the Kings' Tomb with the glitched Robin as I've already unlocked it as a precaution, I've got a save state without it unlocked so I'll eventually see if Robin can unlock it by himself.
The general quest triggers seem fine so far, Ward asks me whether I want to go fishing with him, the Professor's pet are still there and everything's seem in perfect working order, this is looking fun.
I'm a bit concerned with Robin's new stats, maybe Rapiers aren't that good anymore for him but he's a much better caster now for some reason, not like Wind Magic is good as an offensive tool but that means that Sun Magic could be decent, he's more or less a less tanky Sharl right now.
>>
>>2733706

Amusing finds, although unfortunate about not being able to recruit both Robins and have some sort of Life Shield run involving the both of them.

I hope it turns out exciting for you, since it effectively allows you play out a character's personal story or quest as if it were their own tale, like Nora reclaiming the Holy Spear.

With that being said, what if you made Snowman the main character and have him sacrifice himself during the battle with Anuas? I think it might just be the same process as shifting the next character in line to his position.
>>
>>2733692
I wasn't expecting there to be much but this sounds exactly like what I was looking for. Moon is no issue so I'm off to try it out. Thanks man!
>>
File: Ted_Broiler_wantedposter.jpg (44KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
Ted_Broiler_wantedposter.jpg
44KB, 250x353px
>>2733740
>With that being said, what if you made Snowman the main character and have him sacrifice himself during the battle with Anuas?
Considering the fact that Harid doesn't appear as a recruitable character I guess the game kinda overwrites certain flags, I think it could be possible for Snowman to effectively lose his special sacrifice flag if you use this glitch, or you'd get a gameover like what happens in Romancing SaGa 2 if you complete the Mermaid Quest with the early Last Emperor trick, who knows?
>>2734080
I hope you like it anon, it's one of my favorite JRPGs series together with SaGa.
Regarding retro titles, Metal Max Returns is a enhanced port of the NES Metal Max, it's really good to the point that there's zero reasons to play the original.
Metal Max 2 has three version, the SNES one, a GBA port and a DS Remake, the DS remake is pretty much the best version due to the vast polishing of mechanics and bugs, the GBA is atrociously bad because of the usual sound chip problems and also the fact that the tiny screen makes it impossible to read the cluttered GUI of the game, avoid it like the plague.

As for non retro, Metal Max 3 on the DS is probably my favorite together with Returns, extremely good gameplay all around but it's a real timesink as there's lots of stuff to do.
Metal Saga on PS2 is kinda divisive, I found it pretty good though certain parts are kinda dragged out and it's also slower compared to the ultra fast combat speed of the SNES and DS titles.
Metal Max 4 on the 3DS is the only one I haven't played but the nip fans say it's pretty good.

Also, the music is pretty damn bitchin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE8Si3I4Zl4
>>
>>2734094

You might have to defeat an abyss lord to find Harid. I forget, don't LP-killed characters return once you seal an abyss gate, unless you already tried that?
>>
>>2734101
Oh god, I completely forgot about the abyss gate revival.
You're right, I'll see if that makes Harid respawn, wonder if it we'll be restored as party leader if he does come back and get into my party, it might take me a while though but I'll post the results when I do get there.
>>
>>2734110

I'm interested in seeing if there's a way to get two of the same character in a party.
>>
>>2734110
>>2734254

Same anon here, I just figured that it might be possible to have two Sharls, if you go to rescue Gon, make Sharl your MC, then rescue Gon, which will make Sharl leave the party.

The only possible issue with this is that he might not appear again, and that would lock you out of getting Muse since you have to talk to him.
>>
>>2734268
And with two Sharls you can just fuse 'em so you can actually give the Silver Hand to someone who needs a boost instead of a cripple fix-up.
>>
>>2734296

My assumption was right, Sharl isn't there and Muse can't be talked to, so you can't have two Sharls, sadly. His town theme is Holy King Temple too.
>>
>>2734342
It's probably because while you trick the game into thinking you lost one character you have actually both flags active.
A shame really, but on the other hand it's still pretty fun.
I just wanted Robin to not have such a depressive theme when he enters a town, it really is depressing after hearing it constantly for an hour or so.
>>
>>2735503

I started as Sara and replaced her with Shonen (with S h o n e n as the name on the translation because of the character width, his stats became 21 STR/15 DEX/20 SPD (from 16)/15 CON/18 INT/11 WILL/16 CHAR, and his town theme is the jungle music. I wonder if his stats will be different in the original cart.
>>
>>2735595
>and his town theme is the jungle music
Eh, how fitting, considering he lived in the wilderness.
>I wonder if his stats will be different in the original cart.
Very possibly so, I think it's the same problem that the english patch for Rudra no Hihou had, messes up the calculation of the spell generator quite a bit.
>>
>>2734296
I honestly prefer Black to Sharl

then I give Black the Silver Hand so that he can use 4 Axe Waza in a row and destroy shit
>>
>>2735603
The Silver Hand is seriously overpowered in the hands of people like Black or Nora, I guess that being inferior to most gauntlets in terms of defense stats should have balanced it out but does it really matter when a Yo-Yo or Sky Drive obliterates basically anything?
>>
>>2735602

Hmm, I have time, I'll go check it out on the original cart and let you know how the stats are different.
>>
>>2735618

Nevermind, some of the Japanese characters aren't here, so I can't use his name, or even "boy".
>>
>>2735618
>>2735629
Shonen uses Kanji instead of Kana so you can't rename him properly.
You can do that with any other character though.
Didn't you have a Tatyana file? You can try it out with her, Katarina's intro is also very short so it wouldn't take you much.
>>
>>2735637

I named him Shonen "くん", but I got the same stats. I could've sworn that the documentation of the glitch mentioned that stats are tied to names. However, in both the original and the translation, I chose Hunter/Big Sword, that might have something to do with it. I need to check more, so I'll test it with Tatyana instead
>>
>>2735680
I see, as I though it's actually bound to weapon or class choice, or both.
I should search some metadata of the secondary characters base stats I could find out.

Or I'll restart a game and choose a main such as Ellen and see whether this is the case, I'll see what I can do.
>>
File: tatyanadifference.png (98KB, 1534x672px) Image search: [Google]
tatyanadifference.png
98KB, 1534x672px
>>2735684

I guess it really is based off the role and weapon then.
>>
>>2735720
How did you get Tatyana to show up with her real name?
>>
>>2735721

I input "T a t y a n a" despite it looking ugly with the extra character spacing. Also, her theme became Rashkuta with Scholar/Mace
>>
>>2735720
Seems like it, it makes sense because the character in second place become a main, which means it has his/her stats reset to the standard ones without the Weapon and Class bonuses given as secondary characters and the game then writes the ones you chose for the MC with this glitch.
>>2735725
Wait, so the theme is bound to class/weapon combinations? Totally restarting my Robin run then, Leonid's castle theme is way too sad for me to keep on playing.
>>
>>2735730

I'm gonna see if Nora gets the exact same stats when I replace Tatyana with her. If she doesn't, then that must mean there should be tables each character as if they were meant to be able to have a role/weapon choice too.

And apparently so, I'll see if the theme changes with Nora too.
>>
File: 796297_m.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
796297_m.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
>>2735736
Please do, I'm very curious about how this glitch works.
>>
File: noraexercising.png (53KB, 769x672px) Image search: [Google]
noraexercising.png
53KB, 769x672px
>>2735740

Holy -crap-, Nora's been working out apparently. This is with Scholar/Mace

Also, her theme is the generic one from the Western Forest and other areas.
>>
File: 1380086165585.gif (954KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1380086165585.gif
954KB, 320x240px
>>2735743
>26 STR
Hannibal would be proud
>>
Don't know anything and haven't played anything to do with saga.
How I get on board?
>>
>>2735757
SaGa 2 DS or Frontier on Emelia or Red story imo
>>
>>2735746

I just tried slim Robin with Scholar/Mace. His STR went up to 25 but his DEX nosedived to 11. His theme is also still Leonid's Castle
>>
>>2735757
The SaGa 2 DS remake is a fine choice if you don't want to play the old SaGa on GB, it integrates some mechanics that were introduced later in the series while leaving most of the old content unchanged.
DS SaGa 3 remake is very different from the original but in a very good way since the GB game inexplicably went back to a standard FF formula for most things.
SaGa Frontier is also another great game for newcomers due to its lax learning curve and general difficulty level.
Other than those Romancing SaGa 3 is a decent entry point in the series, and of course, as much as it's archaic now the first SaGa game on GB.
All the rest is more difficult and requires a finer knowledge of mechanics unless you like to hit dead ends and general frustrating gameplay.

Before you begin though, have you played FFII? Did you like it? Because SaGa is FFII on steroids, if you didn't like FFII's general mechanics I don't know whether you'll appreciate SaGa.
>>2735760
>His theme is also still Leonid's Castle
I see, that's weird, this definitely needs some heavy experimenting to figure out how it works.
>>
>>2735770

Trying this out with Sharl would be interesting, because what if his crippled stats spike upwards? Would they get even better with the Silver Hand?
>>
>>2735782
I guess.
Making him a Hunter with Great Sword or Spear should make him a really strong attacker on top of his decent magic power.
Unless for some weird reason the Silver Hand applies a definite stat table to him instead of just adding some special stat bonus, it's worth a try though.
>>
>>2735785

So I just loaded my previous save state in order to check Sharl with Royal/None, and now Tatyana's town theme is Gen's/Occult Castle Battle, although her stats haven't changed
>>
>>2735823
Baffling.

Maybe there's a weird combination of classes/weapon/character that triggers some kind of glitch regarding character's themes?

I don't know what to think anymore.
>>
>>2735830

Probably, I'm going to keep fooling around with this a bit more
>>
>>2735823
>>2735832

Got a Sharl with 1 STR and 6 DEX, it appears (after editing in Silver Hand) that it adds a flat 16 to both stats.
>>
File: 1437650638830.jpg (106KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1437650638830.jpg
106KB, 640x360px
>>2735843
>Got a Sharl with 1 STR and 6 DEX
>1 STR
Sharl confirmed for unsalvageable shit tier without Silver Hand hax.
Literally worse than Herman.

Still, having a 16 increase to both STR and DEX, that's Glirandly levels of broken, but again, that's Sharl we're talking about.
>>
File: 2sharls1muse.png (54KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
2sharls1muse.png
54KB, 768x672px
>>2735843

Nevermind all that, I actually got two Sharls.

When you get back to Muse's home in Old Pidona, she'll be sick (without the need for 250 HP), and Sharl won't be there. However, if you go behind her and talk to the bed backboard, Muse will start talking to you and the potion will appear on the table. If you accept to go into the dream, Muse's comatose sprite slides out of bed and drinks the potion, then you wake up with your Sharl MC and another Sharl.
>>
File: 1438261268741.jpg (192KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1438261268741.jpg
192KB, 1280x960px
>>2735865
>Muse's comatose sprite slides out of bed and drinks the potion, then you wake up with your Sharl MC and another Sharl.

This fucking game!

Thanks Kawazu for releasing this beautiful broken mess, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

So, DOUBLE SHARL is now a possibility, that probably means the Shonen shenanigans we were talking about before might be pretty legit with this glitch, who knows.
>>
File: stat gains.png (1MB, 1058x1178px) Image search: [Google]
stat gains.png
1MB, 1058x1178px
That's some difference
>>
>>2735873
Imperial's growth system is complete shit, like really shit even with boosting items, you have to pray your characters level up decently even when they're top tier, most of my 4* are better than Adel and the other Imperial 5* uniques besides Ivan which luckily leveled up decently, I've seen a 2* Nusakan with 30 on every stat without bonuses, shit's insane.
>>
>>2735870

Interestingly enough, everyone calls Sharl "T a t y a n a" now as if I've completely erased Sharl from history.

If you decide to let Sharl save Muse by himself, Gon suddenly shouts that his father is dead, and standing-while-comatose Muse collapses and gets back up all fine, but you can't get two Sharls that way. It's also funny to see Sharl smack himself in the dream.

With this now possible, you can put Sharl in commander mode and command the other Sharl.
>>
File: lineshavebeencrossedtoday.png (76KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
lineshavebeencrossedtoday.png
76KB, 768x672px
>>2735870
>>2735876

So uhh, beating the Dream Devil lets me recruit a THIRD Sharl.
>>
File: 1432594369124.gif (329KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1432594369124.gif
329KB, 300x300px
>>2735917
>So uhh, beating the Dream Devil lets me recruit a THIRD Sharl.

Itjustwerks.png
>>
>>2735920

I don't know if this has any practical applications unless you either really like Sharl, or you need 3 fire mages, or you want to fight the final boss as Tri Force Heroes.
>>
>>2735925
What about all three at once?
>>
>>2735925
can you get multiple silver hands this way?
>>
>>2735927

What do you mean?

>>2735931

I think you can only get one silver hand from the dream.
>>
>>2735931
Not him but I don't hink it will work, you mean trying to duplicate the Silver Hand since it's equipped on Sharl and overrwriing a Sharl on another Sharl could clone it?

It's sound in theory but I don't know whether there's a special mechanic with Sharl and the Silver Hand other than giving a bonus stat table unique to him, and it's not even an embedded item like Tatyana's Teddy bear or Haoran's lyre.
Worth a try but I don't think anything will come out of this, you'd think someone would have found out by now, or maybe not since nobody but Kawazu and his programmers know how the games work even today.
>>
>>2735770
Thanks I'll check one of those out.
>>
File: Stupid Sexy Sharl.jpg (268KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid Sexy Sharl.jpg
268KB, 600x489px
>>2735941
Sorry, I phrased my post pretty badly, I meant taking on the final boss as three fire mage Sharls with the power of the Triforce.
>>2735945
You're welcome Anon, if you have any question feel free to drop by.
>>
I'm really tempted to make Leonid the MC and have him in a party of ladies.
>>
File: card_l_231.jpg (96KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
card_l_231.jpg
96KB, 640x852px
>>2735964
You could also make Undine with a party of young boys.
>>
>>2735964
I actually like to play Katrina with a party of all female characters since she makes a better man than any of the actual guys
>>
>>2735979
You talking shit about best Sahib? Or Robin?
I wont let you, motherfucker.
She certainly is better than Thomas, Julian or Mikhail though.
>>
>>2735982
おっさん臭い
>>
File: aroundblacksneverrelax.png (77KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
aroundblacksneverrelax.png
77KB, 768x672px
>>2735968

Or I could defeat Forneus with Herman as my MC and get two Blacks out of the deal.
>>
>transfer demo save from Legend of legacy
>save deleted from demo
>its not there in the full version

Uh oh
>>
>>2736760
Actually its still there in a demo when I go back. I don't get it
>>
>>2735998
おっさんはいい男だ

>>2736059
So basically every character that gets special quests can be recruited twice or more with this glitch eh?
That probably means two Zhi Lin as well.
>>2736760
Weird, could be a bug though, didn't you check if anybody had the same problem?
>>
>>2737384

I'm trying to think of a way for it to be possible to recruit 3 Sharls and 2 Blacks.
>>
>>2737952
Is it even possible?
Aren't you basically abusing what I suppose is technically a respawn of a character during a selected quest line?
I can't see how you can clone more than three Sharls wit this glitch, but then again, you're the one who managed to break this shit so you probably know more than me.
>>
>>2738979

I might've figured a way to get 3 Sharls and 2 Blacks, but I haven't tested it yet

1. Make Sharl the MC
2. Recruit Herman and make him the MC (this might flag Sharl as permanently dead until you beat an abyss lord, then you can pick him up again at Muse's place later)
3. Play through Muse's dream and end up with Herman (MC), Sharl, and Sharl.
4. Defeat Forneus. You should have Black (MC), Sharl, Sharl, and Black.
5. Defeating Forneus should bring back the "dead" Sharl, so go back to Muse's home and recruit him.

Your party should now consist of Black (MC), Sharl, Sharl, Black, Sharl.
>>
New event quests at imperial, there's also double chance that you get 5 star card at 11 draw gacha
>>
>>2739238
Sounds like a good time to start. Do you need to do anything special to sign up
>>
>>2739238
Just logged in and saw it, bretty gud campaign, a shame I don't have enough crowns.
>>2739241
A JP Yahoo account which is piss easy to make.
>>
>Check the shop
>They removed all the smithing materials that nobody ever bought since the launch

Kek
>>
What's this
>>
>>2739267
Bonus crystals for augmenting stats manually instead of randomly through normal leveling.

Get them till they're hot son, cuz it seems only event quests will have those.
I'm gonna pump those quests till no tomorrow so I can finally make decent characters.
>>
I bought Romancing SaGa 1, 2 and 3 recently. I had already beat 3 on an emulator and now i'm playing 1. Where can I find an walkthrough? The gamefaqs one is criptic as fuck.
>>
>>2739292
>Where can I find an walkthrough
Nowhere, sadly, unless you can read moonrunes of course, there's tons of wiki with good info.

Romancing SaGa 2 has one good guide on gamefaq, the Weekendrisktaker one, but it's still incomplete regarding most mechanics and a few other things, I'm personally writing a complete Japanese to English guide though so eventually you'll have a 100% complete FAQ for that.
>>
>>2739304
That sucks. Why haven't anyone else tried to make one about SaGa 1 though? Or maybe complete or complement the existing one? I guess just translating the Japanese guides would be a bit easier? It kinda bothers me I will never beat the game now. I can't read Japanese.
>>
>>2739304
Thanks for the info, btw.
>>
>>2739313
>That sucks. Why haven't anyone else tried to make one about SaGa 1 though?

Simply because Minstrel Song exists, and Romancing SaGa on SNES is extremely archaic and clunky, meaning most people shy away from the game, and mostly for legitimate reasons, it's much more time consuming than any of the GB SaGa and the system is pretty damn grindy for some things like waza learning.

A few months ago an english patch for the game came out but even here only two anons played the game, unless a literal miracle happens no one will ever bother making an accurate FAQ for a dead game.

On the bright side though, most of the quests are very similar if not identical to the PS2 remake, even if there's a vast difference in mechanics you should not have many problems in story progression if you've already played Minstrel Song.
The differences are there though, Patrick is almost non existent in the SNES version, no Captain Silver or Friere either and the battle system is extremely poor compared to the incredible amount of stuff and work they put into Minstrel Song's, there are more monsters in the SNES version and you get 6 party members instead of 5, magic and waza work differently, there's no combo system etc.

I don't think I'd have the patience of writing a complete FAQ for the first Romancing SaGa either, given that nobody plays it, I mean shit, nowadays you can really just drag and drop most of the stuff from a JP wiki to google translate and you'll get a very rudimentary and comical but functional translation in most cases.
>>
>>2739269

I don't know any Japanese, so I'm not sure which crystal affects which stat and how. I'm assuming there's some for the general stats, and some for resistances? Are there maximums, and does it influence stat growth at all?
>>
>>2739337
I can see that. I'm not very interested in playing the PS2 game but what the hell. Thanks, anyway, I was surprised there was a fan base of the game here.
>>
>>2739339
I'm a bit busy with some other stuff but if you can wait I'll post a screenshot with the stats translation, at a quick glance the stats seem a hybrid based on Romacing SaGa 3 and Frontier.

Just keep on doing missions to get crystals, I still haven't completely nailed down how this stat system works and where's the catch in all of this, I only just noticed that Adel can't use this mechanic for some weird reason.

I'll see whether they've put some in depth explanation of this new system somewhere.
>>2739350
The PS2 game is stellar, if you can get past the uncanney valley models, it's a mind blowing game.
Though, are you new to /vr/? It's been quite some time since we're having these threads, there's quite a few anons here who play SaGa.
>>
>>2739356

Alright, I'll wait. Olga can't use it either, which leads me to believe that temporary characters such as Adel and the Light/Dark Emperors/Empresses can't utilize this system.
>>
>>2739365
Yeah, I guess that's because they get their stats reset for each playthrough, makes sense.
On the other hand that means they'll only be useful as commanders since all the other characters have better stats, well, Ivan and Adel are hella good commanders for any team.
>>
Been thinking of getting into this series for awhile. What games are available in English? be they official or fan translated.
>>
>>2739459
all the three GB SaGa AKA Final Fantasy Legends were officially localized back in the day.

The Wonderswan SaGa port has an English Patch

The DS SaGa games have English patches

Romancing SaGa for the SNES has an english patch
Romancing SaGa 3 for the SNES has a rather shitty English patch
SaGa Frontier and SaGa Frontier 2 for the Playstation were both localized
>Not Retro
Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song for PS2 is a full remake of the SNES Romancing SaGa and it was localized
Unlimited: Saga for PS2 was localized
The Last Remnant is a SaGa game in disguise and was localized
>>
>>2739238
Great, the server just shit itself for me again so I can't play it

(Unless it's like this for everyone)
>>
>>2739479
The server shits itself every time at night in Japan, I just wait to get the log in bonus and maybe make a few draws, but as soon as I try to do anything like healing or take a quest it freezes for te too.
>>
>>2739350
Not playing the PS2 game would be a mistake. Minstrel Song is essentially the culmination of the SaGa series. It almost has mechanics from every single entry outside of different races developing differently.

Life points, weapon durability, crafting weapons, field skills, battle rank, event rank, combos, sparking, on screen enemies along with each racial type having their own movement pattern, and possibly others that I may not be able to think of right now.
>>
>>2737952
if you give Black the Silver Hand can you duplicate it by duplicating him?

Can you duplicate any item this way?
>>
>>2739829
The SaGa Frontier games are better though.

Like each of them put together has so much goodness distinct from other games in the series.
>>
>>2739910

No, the extra Black had his default equipment, and I bet the other Sharls had their default equipment too.
>>
>>2739463
Not him, but would you recommend the remakes of the GB games over the originals?

Also, is the Wonderswan game a remake of the first GB game?

Also, are the patches fully 100% complete and not like a beta patch or a patch that only has half the game translated?
>>
>>2739994
Nevermind. I googled the latter two. The former seems positive, as well.
>>
>>2739994
I own a Wonderswan with the remake of the first SaGa. Honestly, it's a pretty direct upgrade over the original gameboy version and I highly recommend it. The translation patch works well enough, too.

Also, the DS remakes for 2 and 3 appear to split people a bit, but 3's DS remake is way more "SaGa" than its original gameboy counterpart so I'd recommend that one over the original at the very least.
>>
File: fry.jpg (36KB, 279x407px) Image search: [Google]
fry.jpg
36KB, 279x407px
>get Final Fantasy Legend for a good deal
>you are NAME YOURSELF, a citizen of CONTINENT who needs to get the three pieces of the statue of HERO in HERO TOWN to unlock the BIG TOWER
>the starting area is a big square locked in by a perfectly square river
Jeez, the battle mechanics are unique but I wish this game would at least try to pretend to give a fuck.
>>
>>2740342
There's no reason to prefer the original version of 2 over the DS version considering it's nearly identical if you don't do the new stuff. I think apollo is the only big change
>>
>>2740396
It was a 1989 gameboy game. What are you expecting?
>>
File: 1441370899665.gif (14KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
1441370899665.gif
14KB, 500x596px
>>2740396
>boy, this game from the 80s sure seems cliched
>I bet it even felt cliched in the 80s
>>
>>2740458
>>2740468

I dunno, I would have liked some bullshit area names at least. It feels like I'm reading a blank Madlibs sheet.
>>
>>2740483
Games had to create the things that later became overused and generic to start with. You're playing one of the originals.
>>
>>2740487
I think it's all about the execution. Dragon Quest 1, which created the genre, was similarly barebones but I find its style of doing things more acceptable. It also just refers to you as the Hero but the landscape is somewhat believable and towns have actual, though somewhat simple histories. I'm not complaining about the story, just the lackluster names.
Frankly I wonder if it's even the developer's fault or if it was maybe the translators taking a day off.
>>
File: takenotes.jpg (516KB, 1232x1308px) Image search: [Google]
takenotes.jpg
516KB, 1232x1308px
>>2740494
>which created the genre
>>
>>2739994
Well, SaGa 2 remake is basically a graphical upgrade with glitch fix and a few extra mechanics like sparking techs and weird combo systems, there's also some side content like an extra arena and something but all in all I'd say it's a direct upgrade of the original, the music is decent though I still think the original tunes were mostly better executed, the new original battle theme ,Surrounded, is pretty damn good though.

The SaGa 3 remake is absolutely an upgrade because this time it's actually a SaGa game instead of a weird Final Fantasy game with SaGa flavour, unless you want to know how the GB original played and looked like I personally don't think there's any reason to play the original, they did change a few things though, new bosses and some changes in the existing ones for instance, coupled with lots of new mechanics.
>>2740494
I'm not going to argue about tastes but consider that SaGa (1989) was meant to be completed in a couple of hours during commuting or stuff like that, story was a non existent issue because nobody frankly expected that people would play sucha game for the story, it was a time filler to play in short burst, the focus here was engaging gameplay that promoted replay value rather than narrative, Dragon Quest was a home console game so obviously they had to make it at least a bit interesting story wise because people had more time and attention to dedicate to it.
And I think you really are overlooking a lot of things, there is some good story in it, arguably very good for its time in certain segments, like finding the notes of the people who died of starvation inside the tower waiting for God to save them from the monsters, and then ou find out that God was actually the one who created that monsters quite literally for the lulz.
When you finally get to God there's a lot of stuff that keeps piling up together and makes you really think about all you did up to that moment, I don't think it's shallow narrative at all.
>>
>>2739915
I really don't enjoy Frontier 2. Too restricting and too much story.
>>
File: Stat translate.jpg (565KB, 1026x574px) Image search: [Google]
Stat translate.jpg
565KB, 1026x574px
So, here's the new stat screen translated, I've translated the info on stats from the Help section in the Imperial website because some kanji in game were nigh unreadable

The stats seem to work as following;

STR:Damage from your Waza increases, Damage received from enemy Waza decreases(that should also include stuff like Bite, Paralysys Claw and such, meaning your mystics' Haunt waza is affected from this stat as well)

CON:Damage received from Waza is decreased, HP recover percentage(red bar) is increased

DEX:Better chances of inflicting status ailments, hit rate increases as well

AGI:Lowers enemy's chances of inflicting staus ailments, hit rate increases as well

INT:Jutsu(magic) damage potential increases, decreases damage received from any Jutsu, I guess this includes enemy abilities like wyrms' fireballs as well but don't take this for granted.

SPI: Decreases damage received from Jutsu and also lowers the chances of getting a status ailment as well.

COM:Increases Jutsu(magic) damage (why? this is compassion, not intelligence), also increases amount of HP restored at the end of the battle(red bar again)

CHA: Increases Waza damage as well as chances of inflicting status ailments, this is how you go full retard, bravo Imperial staff.

This is a mixed bag, some stats like Charm or Compassion don't make any sense, but this is how it works.
Also, the level cap for those stat is 99 for everything, so good crystal grinding everyone, on the bright side that means you won't have to hope to get a 4*/5* star character anymore until they rework enemies as well, or maybe they'll make Crystals drop only from event quests so they'll be kinda rare, who knows.
>>
>>2740758
What do you think of Unlimited?
>>
>>2740818
It is a good game, though it has a more relaxing feeling due to how movement is presented, the minimalism art style during adventures, and the music.
>>
>>2740817

Sounds like stat whoring INT/COM for mages is Imperial SaGa's staff's way of saying, "yeah, we know magic is ass, have your mages eat these hunks of colored rock to fix that".

So are they flat stat increases or do they go off their own tables? Like, does STR apply its full number onto a characters "attack power"?
>>
>>2740864
>So are they flat stat increases or do they go off their own tables?
I suppose this is a stand alone table that will be applied to the normal one in damage and percentage calculations, the official website doesn't say anything about how this actually works I guess you can consider it another table of stats together with the standard one.

I really don't think the STR value is directly applied to the Attack power, but rather divided by some mystery fixed number added to the Attack value and then added to the Waza damage calculation.

It's similar to the Romancing SaGa system, you know the defense values in Romancing SaGa 3 on the top of your character's screen? Those are stats regarding your total Equipment value that are then added to the actual character stats, think of Imperial's standard stat table as an actual Equipment stat table or something like that.

Or rather, that's how I guess it works.

Regarding Crystals, you get a random type, fixed value for completing quests, your quest rating doesn't influence the amount of crystal you get and the amount works by a factor of 4 crystals, 2* give 4 crystals, 4* give 8, 6*give 12 etc, so you can just autobattle and speedrun the 4* Flame Tyrant quest for easy farming.
>>
Does anyone else get issues playing the SaGa remake for Wonderswan in Mednafen? I keep getting checksum errors after patching with Op Code 63. Googling didn't seem to find anything, so I tried fixing the checksum myself, but that also caused issues.

The only thing I can think of now is either the way I was fixing it was wrong or that I was patching the wrong ROM (one from the No-Intro set).
>>
>>2740963
Not sure I can help, haven't ever really had problems with it. Have you tried downloading an already patched file instead?

http://fantasyanime.com/saga/fflegenddown.htm

There's one on this page.
>>
>>2740878
I thought you only get crystals once like 20 crowns for S rank?
>>
>>2741019
Just checked, you're right, Crystals are a one time only reward regardless of quest rating, sorry about the fuck up.
>>
How can people S rank this 9 star events is beyond me, I only managed to get to the last monsters before boss and then died here
>>
>>2741625
Not this screenshot, it's from first battle
>>
>>2740980
Huh. Maybe the patch was made for a rom that wasn't "Perfect" (in the no-intro sense, not in the sense that it doesn't work for general purpose), and that's what was causing the issues.

Now I just have to find out why the sound is so fucked.
>>
>>2741632
For clarification, the game is running at 60fps and seems to be running full speed from what I can see comparing it to youtube, but the sound is like half-speed or something.
>>
>>2741632
>>2741638
Nevermind to that, as well. Apparently the WS ran at 75hz, so it's just an issue with running with VSync.
>>
>>2740864
I actually have a Fullbright that I haven't used because Mages aren't good in Imperial but he's like Purple Rank and now this might make me consider training him up as a caster.
>>
>>2741625
>How can people S rank this 9 star events is beyond me,
Luck and a team of maxed 5*.
The new system should rebalance that though, don't worry too much about it.
Nice team by the way, who's the commander?
>>2742051
The problem is that while the new separate stats table will make mages viable there's still the big issue that both STR and CHA will still make techs better than magic by a long shot, unless the multipliers for INT and COM are better than those for STR and CHA, but I doubt that is the case.
Not to mention that casters can't actually cure HP here, so they still are extremely gimped compared to warriors that have access to all their standard abilities, spells like Healing Water are trash because you'd be better off maxing status defense stats rather than wasting a turn and AP to cast a spell to cure paralysis or poison, spells with debuffs like Weakness mean nothing when any warrior has already the same debuffs embedded in techs and debuffs have really bad hit rates, why would I cast Weakness when my Karl can use Submission and hit for 1000HP AND lower attack? In the old games there were many reasons why you would use debuff spells, they ran on different points,had reliable hit rates and were usually cheap in terms of cost and easy to get, Imperial has nothing that encourages the use of debuff or healing spells due to the system.
>>
File: A Demon Called Butcher.jpg (97KB, 953x498px) Image search: [Google]
A Demon Called Butcher.jpg
97KB, 953x498px
I got this guy as a drop for doing the 4 Guardians quests.

Too bad he's a 2* so he's going to be recycled.

>>2742883
I think the only use for Magic I have right now is that Squall is an AOE that I can get someone to learn without the "luck" part of having to tech a physical AOE tech.

That's about it. I actually wonder if the high level spells have good AOE spells at least like Mega Wind Blast but grinding out the Blacksmith AND the spell research center is SO grindy
>>
File: yfw afterimage sword.jpg (33KB, 150x247px) Image search: [Google]
yfw afterimage sword.jpg
33KB, 150x247px
>>2743079
>without the "luck" part of having to tech a physical AOE tech.
Once you get to do 5* quests you'll see pic related and a lot of other amazing AoE waza like Blade Roll, there is no reason at all to use Squall.
>>
>>2743079
I actually dropped this one from event quest
>>
>>2742883
Lazareth(?), the blonde emperor from last chapter for now. When I will start next run I will put Adel, then it will be something random probably
>>
>>2743479
You're one lucky anon.
>>2743494
Does he boost Attack and Speed like Ivan?
I currently use 4* Shonen because he gives something like a 5 ATK boost to all 4* characters in the party, coupled with formations and accessories I get a flat 13-15 ATK bonus for all party members, which is very nice.
Ivan gives 3 ATK and 3 SPD to all party members which is decent as well, Salamanders have some great Leadership bonuses but they only work with other Salamanders unfortunately.
>>
>>2743529
He only boosts attack power
>>
>>2743390
I can already do 5* quests, albeit usually having to take the LP protection item for insurance.

I seem unnaturally bad with tech spark luck though.

It's just... thing is, if I draw a new 4*/5* character with access to Water Magic, I can throw him into the Research Center, come back a few hours later and have a character with at least one spell to use until I get lucky with the sparks so its not ENTIRELY useless.

Still.
>>
>>2743624
I guess he gives 5 points to everyone? That's not bad at all for a commander, unless he only gives 3 for some weird reason, in that case he's shit.
>>2744108
Keep fighting, 残像剣 is very easy to spark, if you take a 6* mission you'll spark it even more easily and it rocks against plants or beasts.
Also, the point of AoE attacks is to kill everything or at least bring their HP down to critical, it's not worth the AP if you only hit them for 90-100HP, not even 2* would get killed by that, you'd be better off with Wind Cutter or other things like Stone Skin.
Sure, now that you can boost INT I'm sure Squall would be slightly better but it still isn't worth all that AP, I mean, it was a starter spell in Romancing SaGa 3 too, you shouldn't really depend on it.
In Imperial you really have to go for the kill, especially in 6*, 7* or 8* missions, you need to wrap up things as fast as possible because you need to manage your HP and LP for the final boss and possibly an S rank.
>>
>>2744569
Only 3 ATK
>>
So, uh... where do I start?

Back in the early 00's, I think I remember playing just a bit of one romancing SaGa game (if I recall correctly, you're starting in a prison cell or something?), and I had SaGa Frontier 2 back when it was released... I think I liked the game because it was so beautiful, but I never had any idea of what I was doing; the whole combat system/elements/whatever still eludes me to this day.

Also, I can't read japanese.
>>
>>2744662
>if I recall correctly, you're starting in a prison cell or something?

Emelia route in frontier
>>
File: Koorong-Restaurant.jpg (220KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Koorong-Restaurant.jpg
220KB, 1200x900px
>>2744662
You probably played Emilia's quest in SaGa Frontier on PS, that's a great game and character to start with.
I suggest you get back to it and then try Romancing SaGa 3 or the DS SaGa remakes.

SaGa Frontier 2 is pretty tight and doesn't allow free exploration as the previous games did, the general difficulty level is also pretty high as it expects you to know a lot of implicit mechanics that aren't explained at all, it's more of a game for people that are already accustomed to the series rather than a game for the general audience.
>>
>>2744701

Thanks.

I suppose there's not much relations between the Romancing SaGa games, if you recommend me to start with 3? Also, why this one? Easier to get into/better gameplay/etc?
>>
File: Fabulous team.jpg (447KB, 1020x745px) Image search: [Google]
Fabulous team.jpg
447KB, 1020x745px
>>2744708
There's no relationship between the three Romancing games outside of the Minstrel being a mascot for the series.

3 is generally preferred for new players because it polished the mechanics that were introduced by Romancing SaGa and further elaborated by Romancing SaGa 2, it has a huge, colourful cast, amazing graphics, and a very balanced level of difficulty all around.
It also has a very active community of modders that is still alive and kicking to this day, the last mod came out a few weeks ago.
You'll have to deal with free exploration, quests and the vast majority of staples in the combat system that made it to the modern SaGa concept, basically the only stable mechanic that isn't present in Vanilla RS3 is combos, all the rest is there and it will be useful for you to get used to the system, Frontier is maybe slightly better because it does have combos but it lacks the weapon variety of most other titles.

The first Romancing SaGa is generally sluggish and very unpolished, the quest progression is rather chaotic and can be problematic for a first time player because the series' staple is not explaining anything in game and only explaining half of the stuff in the manual, you're supposed to stumble around a lot and experiment with everything, even more so in the first Romancing SaGa.
Romancing SaGa 2 fixed A LOT of stuff from the first one but is in turn much more unforgiving and assholish in nature, it's considered with Unlimited the hardest game in the series. It has a lot of things unique to it, a neat class system, bosses that changes forms according to your gameplay and choices in the game's progression and a mini empire and city development simulation, but again, unless you know the system inside out it's very complex and frustrating, it also is the only title in the Romancing line that still isn't in english.
>>
>>2744708
Because 2 isn't translated and 1's horse shit before it's remake and the remake is balls to the wall hard and adds mechanics that the series expanded on over the years.
>>
>>2744729
>the remake is balls to the wall hard
What? No it isn't unless you were going for the super sekrit bosses
>>
>>2744759
When you don't know what you're doing you can and will very easily get lost and walk into enemies that can outright one shot your party. riding that boat over the lake early in Albert's story is a fond memory of several rapes
>>
>>2744718
>>2744729

Thank you, I'll look into it once I finish Vay and Nocturne.

Also, would it be a good idea to play Frontier 2 together with a good friend who's somewhat versed in RPGs? We both separately played but never completed it long ago, so our memories are pretty foggies... I don't remember much outside of headache-inducing battle system and finding out combos.
I don't know why this games has so much appeal to me; maybe it's the music, maybe it's the art :(
>>
File: Sagafro2 misc screens.jpg (126KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Sagafro2 misc screens.jpg
126KB, 700x525px
>>2744759
>doing the Assassins' Guild mission unprepared
>early Minion battles
>Jewel Beast accidentally the whole Frontier
Minstrel Song isn't balls to the wall hard but it's very easy to fuck up compared to Frontier or Romancing SaGa 3, not to mention that it becomes a pain if you miss to many quests.
>>2744783
It's a good idea to play Frontier 2, period.
Problem is you gotta be extra careful if you want to play blind, and using guides ruins the experience anyway.
If you want to play it so bad I'd really suggest you to get used to the system with Frontier and Romancing SaGa 3 beforehand.
>maybe it's the music, maybe it's the art :(
It's probably both, it's one of those games that could very possibly be immune from aging.
>>
>>2744804
Man, I don't even do the Frontier quests nowadays, it's just too out of the way since you can't skip the long Frontier Road IIRC.

Also, losing the early Minion battles doesn't actually give you a Game Over IIRC. Sure, you lose the Fatestone, but you need to offer up A LOT of them to even really make a difference in Saruin's stats.
>>
>>2744839
>Sure, you lose the Fatestone,

It's not just losing the Fatestones, it's losing access to a good dungeon with good loot, great accessories and content in general, Saruin gets more pumped by an even number of Fatestones iirc, and 10 Fatestone Saruin is really fucking brutal so you need to get all 10 Fatestones beforehand so you get enough Jewels and loot to avoid grinding later.
>>
>>2744850
What's the chance you're going to lose all 10 Fatestones? I don't even think that's possible to do unintentionally.

There's an FAQ which displays how much stats Saruin gets for the number of FS lost and it's really negligible at the lower end.
>>
File: This Nigga.webmhd.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
This Nigga.webmhd.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>2744860
>I don't even think that's possible to do unintentionally.

Unintentionally you can BTFO by Minions, except for the Obsidian sword because if you lose to a Minion that far into the game you should stop playing videogames altogether.

You can also lose the Emerald of Evil to Ewei in the Island of Evil if you're not up to his game, his Aegis spell makes him really well defended and he has also pretty dangerous attack spells and respawing meat shields.

I guess you could also lose against some of the temple guardians since they're substancially more dangerous than the minions you fight before or after getting into the temples.

Also this nigga right here.

Other than those you just really have to not give up the fatestones.
>>
>got Minstrel Song

Been meaning to play. How long would it be going through all 8?
>>
File: Overdrive.webmhd.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Overdrive.webmhd.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>2744912
A good 100 hours if you plan to keep it simple, take your time and not squeeze everything out of a single run, if you want the latter, well, around 150-170 hours.
If you want to break the game to pieces and do everything including beating up 10 Fatestone Saruin and possibly make a few solo runs, 300 hours easily.
>>
In the WS remake of SaGa, did they change it so stats don't roll over when you hit 255?
>>
>>2744951
Can't say, afaik it's an improved port so they should have fixed most glitches except the chainsaw one, there's one anon here who played the WS version some time ago, he might be able to help you.
>>
>>2744951
They fixed that, yes.
>>
I think I've almost got my 3 Sharl and 2 Black party, I just need to shuffle around the party order, and defeat Forneus when Herman is my MC and while one Sharl is dead so that Herman turns into Black, I get an extra Black, and Sharl comes back from the dead so I can get him back.
>>
>>2744915
it takes about 24-30 hours on average to finish one character in minstrel song because of how long it takes to raise the battle rank

serious
>>
>>2745358
It really shouldn't take you more than 20 hours after two or three playthroughs, raising the BR is not even a problem when you get to mid-endgame dungeons either, by the time you get to BR 6 most of the quests should have been already done, leaving you with only hard stuff that will help you raise your rank easily and quickly like going through the whole Giant quest, the Dragon Knight quest line and stuff like the Pirate's assault, unless you literally avoid any fight except the boss ones.
>>
More drops
>>
>>2746308
Son of a bitch.

Which mission rank?
>>
>>2746145
I feel like it would still take 20 hours even if all I did was fight

because its that slow
>>
>>2746319
It's from event
>>
>>2746338
It really is unnaturally slow in certain regards, which I think is my only real issue with the game.

Hopefully the day where a PS2 emulator can do 2-5x times frameskip will come so I can use it for Minstrel Song.
>>
>>2746656
I'm pretty sure you can do that now though

I mean you have to suffer with some instability and loss of quality, but you can open up pcsx2 and turn on speedhacks and frameskip and see how fast you can go before your framerate gradually skips down as your laptop overheats
>>
>>2746671
>laptop
>>
>>2746656
I kinda like the slow pace.
It's very relaxed, I just wish you could move faster on the world map at time because getting to Adillys or Death is always a pain in the ass.
>>
>>2747010
>misused quote function
>>
>>2748332
>Adyllis
Jesus, her Ecology quest was a nightmare considering that talking to her kicks you back to the entrance.

I had to save/load just to check the status every time.
>>
>>2748337
>quote
>>
File: whatsthepointyouask.png (75KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
whatsthepointyouask.png
75KB, 768x672px
I mean, you can do this if you really want to for the novelty of it, but there's no real practical application for it.
>>
>>2748349
That's not so bad. You already have to save/load every time you open a random treasure chest anyway
>>
>>2748661
How many Aselluses can I get if I play Bokuno

what about 5 Alkarls

could I do that
>>
>>2748669

I don't know, I figured this was only limited to Romancing SaGa 3, unless you're referring to one of the hacks?
>>
>>2748665
I never bother doing that and just live with what I get.

I also don't tackle the super bosses.

>>2748687
Asellus is one of the characters recruitable in a RS3 hack, yes.
>>
>>2748723

The way the glitch works with Sharl is that the game spawns another Sharl to join your party when you enter Muse's dream, but doesn't remove him from your party for some reason when you defeat the Dream Devil.

When Herman is your MC, the game normally expects to overwrite the Herman in your party with Black when you defeat Forneus, but instead overwrites the main character AND adds a Black into your party.
>>
Holy shit, I just reached level 5 Blacksmith in Imperial Saga and now the bar takes like 10 1* units to move a tiny pip.

This is really one of those parts where they overtuned the grinding
>>
>>2749498
At least the accessories are worth it.
Getting 5+ or more stats bonus is pretty good.
>Research Center at lvl 5
>Still shitty spells

Galaxy, where art thou?
>>
>>2750065
Do you remember what spells you get from 4 and 5? I want to know if I should ignore it while pumping my Blacksmith some more
>>
>>2750261
Iirc
Heat Wind, Self Burning
Dancing Water
Foot Grip, Diamond Shield
Wind Cutter
Sword Barrier
Shadow Bolt
I might be wrong on a few of those, but I think most of those are in the 4 and 5 tier, literally garbage outside of Diamond Shield, Sword barrier and Wind Cutter/Shadow bolt, and even then those aren't that hot, you'd really be better off using a waza instead during a turn you'd spend casting one of those.
Heat Wind is a fucking AoE 13 AP attack with a shitty 112 damage multiplier, it's complete worthless junk
>>
File: vadagara.webm (3MB, 746x420px) Image search: [Google]
vadagara.webm
3MB, 746x420px
I should have done this without the flag, and maybe actually trying S ranking
>>
File: slideshow.png (553KB, 1020x575px) Image search: [Google]
slideshow.png
553KB, 1020x575px
>>2751005
Also nice credits
>>
>>2751005
hideous

how can you play something that looks like taht when every other saga game looks so good
>>
>>2751070

I'm currently running a party with Shonen as the MC after replacing Sara with him. I haven't defeated an abyss lord yet, but I'm wondering if Sara will actually return to her room next to Thomas, and how that would work out if I recruited her back into the party, like if the final boss battle glitched and let me have both Sara and Shonen.

Also, the way you start Muse's dream is buggy even without making Sharl your MC, you can talk to her bed's backboard and she still slides out of bed while comatose.
>>
>>2751070
>>2751842

Oh whoops, didn't mean to reply to you.
>>
>>2751846
it's okay I only thought I was talking to someone for a moment so it wasn't that bad

didn't get my hopes up or anything
>>
>>2751859
What if I did this?
Would it get your hopes up?
>>
>>2751070
For a web browser game it looks pretty fucking good.
That webm doesn't really give you an idea of how the game looks like, look at this>>2726302 or some HQ youtube videos, it's definitely a pretty game.
We are in need of classic 2D JRPGs
>SaGa game made by Vanillaware never
>>
>>2752429
I have a problem with the animations and the interface and the entire visual style and no amount of quality art assets will change that, not with 3 or 4 other SaGa games that still look amazing in both conception and execution
>>
>>2752438

The animations are literally high quality animations of the Romancing trilogy spells and waza with even more FPS than the old games, the only thing they didn't faithfully reproduce was the melee/waza exclusive poses for the Romancing SaGa 2 cast and altered a few of them in the case of Sekishuusei and if you want to be picky Viktor's, though his only pose in the game was basically his melee/waza pose.
Not to mention the new sprites are based on the original art for the games instead of being some alternate costumes, which was the case of literally every SaGa game ever outside of Minstrel Song and Unlimited.

I personally think it's a an almost net gain really, if you want to complain about some enemy sprites being basically bad poster filters of the old games' sprites like the Seven Heroes or Saruin, you have a point.

The interface looks pretty comfy and the menus are really charming to me even though the dissonance between character art is pretty disturbing, especially when you have a character wielding a sword in the card but is actually an axe user in the game, but that's really taking the issue too far just for the sake of complaining.

Sure, Romancing SaGa 3 had wonderful pixel art that holds up extremely well even today, and SaGa Frontier 2 willl never look bad even after centuries outside of the lackluster battle sequences and graphics, but for a free game this looks very good, I've seen worse looking 2d games on the DS or PSP really.

Also, I wouldn't say that certain SaGa games have great execution, especially regarding graphical style, take Frontier 2, sure it has amazing sprites and environments but the actual battle graphics are really, really low quality in everything, especially coming from Frontier which had amazing choreography and effects or Romancing SaGa 3, same with the GB trilogy, it didn't really look that good, dat Smasher animation for Arsenal in 2 tho.
>>
>>2752438
It's made to look like RomSaGas did
>>
File: QUESTS FOR THE QUEST GOD.jpg (278KB, 1029x583px) Image search: [Google]
QUESTS FOR THE QUEST GOD.jpg
278KB, 1029x583px
Welp, the Erol event started, seems you can get loads of crystals from this one.
>>
>>2754282
Isn't it localized as "Elore" if it's supposed to be the RS1 God?

Looks like this event runs on the standard Mobage "Stamina" system where you get a try once every few hours
>>
>>2754282
Oh boy
>>
>>2754364
Yeah it's Elore, I've been reading too much stuff in different languages lately so I kinda had a slip on that one.

So, this event has not only the rewards for completing a gauntlet but also general rewards for Pwayer Ranking which are pretty good too, I'll spend some crowns for a chance to get a stable place in the top 20% if I were you, seems worth it.

Also forgot to mention, if you make a draw in the standard gacha you'll get either a 4* or a 5* for one time only, got myself a nice 4* Galahad, would have preferred Fuse or Gen, but he's not bad at all.
>>
>>2752452
I'm sorry it just has that glossy shitty HD look all over like a shit cellphone game or those awful remakes of Spelunky and La Mulana

It's alright if you think it looks good I just have to question whether or not your taste is inherently shit or just this one time
>>
This is crazy
>>
>>2754471
Welcome to mobages and MMOs, where people burn money like candy.
>>
That will do for now
>>
>>2754536
Wonder how the ranks will shift by the next week.

I noticed the jump in difficulty by the 10th gauntlet. I don't know whether I'll reach the 20th gauntlet or even the 15th, I probably miss the raw stats to do so.
>>
>>2754553
I already dropped over 30 ranking, 168th now
>>
File: somethingsnotrighthere.png (79KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
somethingsnotrighthere.png
79KB, 768x672px
Well, this is it, if you guys were wondering. Shonen slid out of the way in a really buggy manner when Sara (who came back after I beat Arakes) sorta just ran up to the 4th abyss gate, and gave me another Shonen. When approaching the Destroyer, the screen shifted upwards and Shonen was talking to an invisible himself, and forced all my equipment into my inventory, but I just had to put it back on.

I don't get Sara's hybrid commander system unfortunately. Not seen here is Muse, who I'm going to use instead of the second, weaker Shonen.
>>
>>2754616
Im' around 198-200.
Oh well, as long as I get a place in the 10-20% range I'm fine.
>>2754660
Way to break the game, this should be put in a document of the exploits for RomaSaGa 3.
Thanks for playing through the game just to see this Anon, that actually explains a lot of the game's system.
>>
>>2754673

You're welcome, it's fun to screw around with the game in this way. I almost feel like doing the same thing with the 3 Sharls and 2 Blacks, but I don't want my computer to explode on me, lol.

I still wonder how a solo Sara playthrough would go.
>>
>>2754429
I don't got the 3600 crowns to drop on the Gacha pull, sadly
>>
Larva Queen for 13th trial

>>2754737
It's from single pull, not 11 one
>>
>>2754748
If that thing's as bad as it was in Romancing SaGa 2 I'm already worried about getting past the 15th trial.
>>
>>2755053
This is 14th after 10 battles
>>
File: 1423769039013.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1423769039013.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>2755242
Yeah, there goes my hope of getting further than 15.
No way I can take on such waves of strong monsters with my teams.
>>
Man. Romancing SaGa 2 is kicking my ass. I've done a bunch of scenarios and gotten them all to join the empire, but every time I try to take on any of the heroes themselves I get my ass handed to me really fucking badly. I just struggled all the way through floating Hakuro castle to get to Wagnas and I can barely even touch him. I'm not sure what I should or even could do to make my current generation stronger. They just seem to never really improve enough that the heroes are within reach.

On top of that, I'm not sure there are any other small scenarios left to try. Any thoughts on what I could do?
>>
>>2755265
Yeah, you won't get past 15, the black dragon at the end has like 5k HP or something and hits like a truck
>>
>>2756089
The Seven Heroes are pretty damn strong, they're even worse if you trigger their alternate forms.

Tell me what you've done so far, did you get fusion spells? What characters are you using? Also, who are you going to fight? Wagnas is probably the toughest one together with Second form Subier and Noel so he should be one of the last Heroes you'll want to fight, I'm sure you saw how dangerous his Psycho Bind is.
>>
File: fail.png (2MB, 1045x1188px) Image search: [Google]
fail.png
2MB, 1045x1188px
>>2756438
And 16th is too hard for me
>>
>>2756459
What are your stats like? I wanna compare them to mine
>>
>>2756459
Red Dragons manage to be a pain in the ass even in mobage, I'm impressed.
It's kinda moving how they're one of the old RPG lore monsters that are still strong, not many JRPGs had dangerous Red Dragons like SaGa.
>>
File: stats.png (2MB, 2055x1163px) Image search: [Google]
stats.png
2MB, 2055x1163px
>>2756608
Note that I had used the stat grow thing, I had like 18 of them. I also was spamming the 6 star mission for this

Also, you don't LP on the trial event so I will try again in a few days after some waza training.
>>
>>2756782
*don't lose LP
>>
>>2756782
Do they give your characters more stats than usual and does training in a higher star mission do that too before you get capped?

Damn, wish I knew that before I "capped out" all my 4*s. Probably explains why my 5* Aisha is so terrible too
>>
>>2756837
http://wiki.famitsu.com/imperialsaga/%E6%88%90%E9%95%B7%E9%99%90%E7%95%8C%E3%81%AE%E6%A4%9C%E8%A8%BC

Looks like it
>>
>>2756440
Let's see if I can remember everything here. Lands under my control: Ludon, Saigos clan, the volcano island, Meru desert, the jungle with the mole people underground, wherever Morbelm is, the place where Nerach castle is, and the territory just south of the home territory. None of the territories seem to be rebelling or anything at the moment though I did quell one with the armored merchants a bit ago.
>>
>>2757314
So you basically miss Eilunep, the steppes, the southern seas and the Eastern Kingdom.

Well, I suppose you did all the quests for those territories with the exception of fighting Dantarg.

Still, you didn't answer my other questions, did you create any fusion spell?
火の壁(Fire Wall) is a must against Noel and Wagnas so you should get it as soon as possible, other things you'd want to get are エリクサー(Elixir) and セイント ファイヤー(Saint Fire), Elixir is pretty much THE spell you'd need to have outside of Quicktime.

Regarding the Seven Heroes, they can all be hard countered more or less, with the exception of Noel, Dantarg and Wagnas.

Bokuohn relies on Marionette, which redirects all the attacks of the party members it hits unto a single party member but it can be nullified simply by having better speed than him, which can be done with a few formations, his second form can be a bit tougher but still, his main tool is Marionette, as long as you bypass that you're in the clear as he's the weakest Hero in terms of stats and toolset.

Rocbouquet uses Temptation, which 100% charms male party members, though Molemen are immune to Charm thanks to their helmet, you'd want to use as many females as possible when fighting her because there's literally two accessories which protects against charm, one being the Somon Ring and the other one the Demon Stone Ring, you can spark the Temptation Mikiri waza against her though, in both forms she uses powerful thunder spells so having thunder resistent armor helps, she's not too tough without temptation though.

Subier...uses Maelstrom which can royally fuck you up, but Wall of Fire will protect you against that, he still has strong spear waza, water magic, tentacle attacks and his second form, albeit really difficult to trigger is very strong overall, he's no pushover.
>cont
>>
>>2757367

Dantarg is pretty much a test of strength, he doesn't have many tricks but Grand Slam can destroy your party if he decides to spam it regularly, his third form has lots of HP and very high stats, he also has quite a few powerful waza that will easily oneshot party members that arent natural fighters so be careful with casters here.

Wagnas' main tool is Psycho Bind and there's not much you can do besides using a Salamander, since it's a Fire attack, the problem with Psycho bind is that it has a high chance of confusing and you know how the Confused status works in this game, if he uses it two or three times in a row...Other than Psycho Bind he's a fire user, so Self Burning will shut down his Fire Ball and Fire Whip so you should be relatively safe, his second form is much more dangerous due to better stats and iirc he can attacks twice in a row, Wagnas is tough, so don't take it hard if you lose a few times against him.

*A short correction, I mentioned Wall of fire as a counter against Wagnas and Noel, forget about it, Wall of Fire nullifies only Cold attacks in this game, I had a small slip up.
>cont
>>
>>2757367
Didn't even know there was such a thing as fusion spells. I'll have to figure that out then because at the moment my casters just kind of have heal and any other default spells only.

Does fighting increase the year timer? Is there a way to grind a bit that doesn't affect the game too much?
>>
File: FFNoel.jpg (18KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
FFNoel.jpg
18KB, 170x170px
>>2757410

Noel is by far the toughest Hero though.
In his first form he'll begin with Martial Arts, he can AND WILL use Counter and when he does he'll destroy anyone who triggers his counterattack, so indirect waza like Tomahawk or bow Waza are a must in his first phase, he can still use other Waza like Kick and he hits like a truck all the same.
Once he uses Heat Hand, you'll need to whip out Self Burning since he'll be able to use Red Dragon Wave, which is a fire based Martial Arts waza which targets ALL members and will probably hit for around 300HP.

If you manage to survive the onslaught and hit him hard enough, he'll switch to his second form and this is where the real troubles begin.
Noel takes out his sword, in this form he has access to Sword, Great Sword and Martial Arts waza, he'll also use Kamaitachi and worst of all, Moonshades.
You can bypass Kamaitachi if Missile Guard and Sword Barrier will protect you from Sword Waza well enough, the problem here is that Noel is EXTREMELY fast, so you probably won't be able to properly cast Missile Guard or Self Burning before he slaps your ass with Kamaitachi, you'd pretty much need either the Rapid Stream formation or Quicktime if you want to be on his level.
Wall of Fire can protect you against Moonshades, but the problem here is that party protections override their effects, you can't have Missile Guard and Wall of Fire at the same time, so chances are that you cast Missile Guard and get Moonshaded hard or the contrary, Wall of Fire also last for one turn only so it's pretty much a gamble, you can't predict that Noel will use Moonshades when you'll cast Wall of Fire, so you basically have two choices, either get raped by Kamaitachi or Moonshades, there's no way around it except being a cheap bastard and spam Quicktime.

Last note, in the case you kill Rocbouquet before meeting Noel will make you unable to make peace with him and he'll fight you with his Second Form from the beginning of the battle.
>>
File: RomaSaGa2 Waifu Brigade.jpg (426KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
RomaSaGa2 Waifu Brigade.jpg
426KB, 540x720px
>>2757415
>Didn't even know there was such a thing as fusion spells.
Bruh...Didn't you check the Magic Research Center you created? you did create it right? RIGHT?
Talk to the mages there, they will create Fusion Spells for you if you fund them with 50000 crowns for each spell, you need to be around 15-20 level in two, non opposing schools of magic for the first tier and 25-30 for the second tier, you can't obtain those spells until a generation shift happens, so now you'll have to grind for those since you'll have two or three generation shifts at best considering where you are right now.
>Does fighting increase the year timer? Is there a way to grind a bit that doesn't affect the game too much?
Yes, each battle increases the timer, even when you run away. Grinding in SaGa is not viable until you know the game well enough but if you really want to I can give you a tip, grind magic levels now, don't do anything else until you get to around 30 in all schools, fund as many fusion spells as possible and give money to your blacksmiths as well so you get nice armors or weapons.
Consider that in Romancing SaGa 2, fighting battles have also the effect of giving you money, for each battle you'll get money depending on your tax payers, basically, the more territories you have in the empire the more money you'll get from battles, even if you run away you'll still get money, problem is that BR here increases each time you enter a battle, so running away too much will screw you big time since BR increases but you don't get stronger, and BR increases FAST in RomaSaGa 2.

I'd need to tell you about all the monsters you'd need to avoid for each BR and the ones that are useful but I'd need several posts made of text walls to properly give you guidance, and I'll be ruining your experience with the game anyway, solving the puzzle is part of the experience for me.
>>
>>2757443
So about that magic research center. I uh... Didn't have money to fund it when they asked. Do they ever ask again or am I fucked there? Another fun related question. Same thing happened with the university.
>>
>>2757663
it's okay anon, RS2 is basically designed for you to have to start over at least once just to survive and finish it.

you'll do better next time! c:
>>
>>2757663
I think they do ask again, but the later you get the Magic Research Center up and running, the more annoying it is to grind up Magic levels
>>
I'm getting kind of bored with the first SaGa game.

Would there be any repercussions for skipping it and moving onto the DS remakes of 2 and 3? I already get the idea of drinking potions to beef up humans, buying new weapons when the durability runs out, throwing shit inside my monsters to get better monsters, and doing things to make mutants get stronger.
>>
>>2758201
You don't really need to play the games in any sort of order. Feel free to choose your own gaming experience.
If the first game isn't doing it for you then don't force yourself to play just for the sake of completion.
>>
>>2758264
Oh. In the OP it said 1-3 and SaGa Frontier were good places to start (presumably to get down the gameplay styles of the series), so I was just going with those in that order. I asked in another thread if the remakes of 1-3 were better, and most people said yeah, so I was just rolling with those.

So assuming I got the basic idea of the gameplay down for the early games, would you say it would be a good idea to go onto the DS games, or are they all radically different in different ways?
>>
>>2758201
There are no repercussions at all.
If you feel the game to be too boring you have no reasons to keep playing it.
the DS remakes add a lot of mechanics from the modern games so I'm sure you'll find them better than the originals, SaGa 3 especially isn't really worth anyone's time since it's not even a real SaGa game anyway, unless you want to play it for some weird reason.
>>
>>2758270
Both GB and DS SaGa 2 plays like a more refined version of 1 so you probably won't go into shell-shock.

DS SaGa 3 also uses those mechanics and plays around with them (such as having "pre-set" story characters who can change their race during the game instead of being created at the start)

It's jumping to Romancing or Frontier that will probably a bigger "system shock" but once you understand certain concepts, you just got to learn some new ones
>>
File: saga.gif (223KB, 855x840px) Image search: [Google]
saga.gif
223KB, 855x840px
ok guys
I have these soundtracks available to download
Do you guys need any of these for the pastebin or something?
Also, what patch and rom do I use to play the first 3 games?
>>
>>2759140
OP here, I guess that the last four albums are basically those integrated in the Anniversary pack Square released five years ago, and we already have those, the others aren't in the pastebin though.
How are the Remaster albums? Aren't they basically higher quality tracks from the games?
Or did they really remade them this time?

Sorry if I didn't reply earlier but I'm pretty busy these days.
>>
>>2759237
Not him, but I have the remaster album. It's a bit of both, very nice overall. I don't have a rip for it though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlHpAWluB3I
>>
>>2759253
I see, thanks Anon, guess that means that we'll need those as well.

Shit, I don't even have time to play Imperial, hope I don't fall under the 20% in the Trials.
>>
>>2759237
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remaster
adding, all of then are available on .flac if you want to transcode it to .mp3 or different formats while keeping the placebo quality
>>
>>2758270
>>2758713
>>2758813
Anon if you've never played a SaGa game just go play SaGa Frontier. It's the best starting place and also the best one (unless you can read moon runes)

Then you can just fuck around until you understand it. I'll even give you tips to drown out the awful Imp SaGa addiction-posters
>>
File: 1401834304479.jpg (200KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1401834304479.jpg
200KB, 1280x960px
>>2759273
Well, the anniversary CDs are all Flac rips anyway, so there's no need to have the Remaster albums, I don't think there will be much difference honestly, unless for some reason they decided to release Romancing SaGa 2's battle theme which is curiously missing from the Anniversary pack.
>>2759420
>I'll even give you tips to drown out the awful Imp SaGa addiction-posters
What's so awful about playing a game that is a huge homage to all the retro SaGa games and talking about it when there's no traffic is beyond me.

Not to mention that the discussion about the other games is the one that vastly drowns Imperial, and you can always filter it if you don't like it, nobody's forcing it down you throat.
>>
Previews if you wanna compare

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/saga/romancingsaga/
>>
>>2759420
I'm sorry anon
>>
>>2758713
>>2758813
I'll probably just move onto 2 on the DS, then. Thanks, guys.

>>2759420
I started at Frontier 1 a few years ago, but I got completely overwhelmed in ways I can't even remember now.

I also don't have my modded PS2 on me and prefer not playing games via emulation because my current PC location where I'm living is ass, but I won't be moving out from hwere until ~January.

So, basically, I'm holding off on games I can't play away from my PC for now by playing other ones.
>>
Is there a reason why Iris used to have the same decoration behind her head as corrupt Wagnas did, as well as his butterfly motif? They removed it from her design, like it was something they shouldn't have revealed yet.
>>
>>2760593
They changed it?
Weird, maybe people were really thinking about some sort of connection with Wagnas given all the Romancing SaGa 2 parallels in the game.
>>
>>2759140
Eternal romance and la romance are jazz remakes of songs aren't they?
>>
>>2722390

>Calling Mr. S "Sensei"
>>
>>2761190
>Smuggling bananas
>>
File: iriswagnas.jpg (567KB, 1312x744px) Image search: [Google]
iriswagnas.jpg
567KB, 1312x744px
>>2761153

This is what her art used to look like, but they changed it recently to remove the head decoration and the butterflies.
>>
>>2759908
Fuck it. I bought a copy of SaGa Frontier. It was $15 used, and that seemed fair enough.

I guess I'll have some fun when that gets here. Currently liking the remake of 2 other than the strange kind of artstyle.
>>
>>2761981
The Designs of the SaGa 2 Remake were done by Gen Kobayashi, the guy behind the FF Dawn of Souls and FFIV GBA ports, he also assisted Nomura in the creation of TWEWY cast.
Guess they wanted to make a pun by having a guy with the same surname as the lead designer of the series.

Frontier's pretty great, especially if you like SaGa 2, it's basically a pseudo sandbox SaGa 2 with different non generic characters and the same mix of futuristic/cyberpunk and classic fantasy but turned up to eleven.
The waza and magic are the flashiest in the series, like a turn based DMC.
>>
File: Stat Gains.png (543KB, 559x501px) Image search: [Google]
Stat Gains.png
543KB, 559x501px
Man, the random stat gains system is so shit.

This is like 20 points worth of difference!

Hope my second Asellus turns out better than this Thunder.
>>
>>2763226
You can always buy a Return Orb to reset the stats of a character, it's pretty good for a 4* or 5* character since you don't need to worship the Gacha gods.
>>
File: 1424874434441.jpg (246KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1424874434441.jpg
246KB, 1024x768px
Talking about design changes, the GB games were pretty hilarious.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (792KB, 575x684px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
792KB, 575x684px
>>2763226
cheer up! you could be faced with this kind of insanity instead

I fucking messed up her panels so bad

Gonna try and get Throw 5 and Kick 5 on the bottom left and a fortune 4 on the middle right

she started as a light martial artists and is slowly transitioning to fire mage

Yes, I have been playing this same file for months and I'm still not finished yet
>>
>>2765421
Enjoy your corona
>>
File: barely top 30%.png (2MB, 1045x1172px) Image search: [Google]
barely top 30%.png
2MB, 1045x1172px
Finally defeated this stupid red dragon but my ranking still sucks ass
>>
>>2765478
I am

It's actually pretty great, my frontline party ended up being all mages while my two best fighters, Hiro (Axe) and Sapphire(Bow/Dagger) just chill out until the boss fights.
>>
>>2722390
Can someone be a chap and explain what's happening in this thread?
>>
>>2765992
The SaGa series is a series of esoteric Japanese Role Playing Games. They're known for being intimidating and complex to newcomers and tremendously addictive to long time players.
>>
>>2766005
So should I start playing? Or should I value my life?
>>
>>2766025
Everyone's addicted to something.

Just jump in and pirate SaGa Frontier, start up Red or Emelia's quest.

Don't be afraid to die and try another character :)

also quicksave often
>>
File: Thanks Elore.jpg (353KB, 1027x581px) Image search: [Google]
Thanks Elore.jpg
353KB, 1027x581px
>>2765421
>I have been playing this same file for months and I'm still not finished yet
Sounds like Unlimited.
>>2765541
I'm stuck at Rank 18
Really can't get further than that, I'll try again today but the final stage in pic related kicks my ass in like, three turns.
>>2766025
Well, not all games are hard to get into, if you like non linear games with lots of freedom play SaGa Frontier or Romancing SaGa 3, otherwise you might want to play the GB games or the DS remakes to learn the basics of combat and then tackle the non linearity of the other games.
>>
New imperial event about legendary dragon Dora? That's from RS3?
And there's Blue and Rouge now in normal gacha, event gacha has the tripled chance for 4 and 5 star cards but it's more expensive
>>
>>2766375
Just logged in now.
And yeah, Dora is Gwayne's mother from RomaSaGa 3.
Sounds fun, wonder if we'll fight Gwayne or Dora.
>>
>>2766376
You just fight a normal dragon
>>
File: Uchuu Space Numbah Wan.jpg (106KB, 952x497px) Image search: [Google]
Uchuu Space Numbah Wan.jpg
106KB, 952x497px
They finally mailed out the Sengoku Ixa collab rewards but I don't know whether it was worth it just for a 3.5* (shit, I thought from the colour that it was a 4*)

Also looks like the Magic Research center has individual training like how the Training Center does so maybe magic might be relevant with enough training now???
>>
>>2766379
It's pretty shit too, the 6* version went down in four turns, at least the maps are difficult but I really don't get why I should bother with it for just a shitty Mikhail card and an equally shitty accessory, pretty bad event.
>>2766426
SENGOKU MAJIN NUMBAH WAN

I haven't tried training anyone but it could be decent since Magic supposedly doesn't miss like waza do.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (753KB, 573x687px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
753KB, 573x687px
this is a bug right
>>
>DEF focused
into the trash
>>
>>2766859
>99 magic
>99 water
>99 earth

Hope you have a blender to pick up pellet
>>
File: 1432037730467.jpg (46KB, 487x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432037730467.jpg
46KB, 487x720px
>>2766859
>99 Magic
>99 Earth
>Anzan is literally a fucking rock

Makes sense, now if you manage to get Stonerain...Ice Needle should be pretty powerful too
>>
File: vtie7Hz.jpg (93KB, 1290x1066px) Image search: [Google]
vtie7Hz.jpg
93KB, 1290x1066px
only took about 60 hours
>>
>>2768247
Did you go for a 100% run?
Some quests really take some time even though they have limited turns.
>>
>>2768683
100% run?

no I ended up running up to the last two bosses sort of expecting another quest might come after, and then basically just overpowered them completely and never got any perfect panel grids other than Hiro who was a full-retard axe fighter

I started up Laura and am sort of disappointed now about the lack of difficulty. I think I'm gonna try and push through the game faster instead of spending so much time dicking around about my inventory and over-grinding and questing.
>>
>>2769052
If you want a challenge do Mythe's quest, it's basically Ventus' quest but without unlimited carrier quests so you can't get too broken.
>>
File: youmas.jpg (306KB, 682x483px) Image search: [Google]
youmas.jpg
306KB, 682x483px
>>
don't judge me
>>
File: Magic Training.jpg (122KB, 1006x511px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Training.jpg
122KB, 1006x511px
So, how far can I go with making super Stone Bullet?

(I regret not using a better spell as a base)
>>
>>2770902
I don't know, but so far the increase is pathetic, +2 points per upgrade is meaningless.
I guess that's how they balance spells since waza have penalties like SP increase or lower accuracy, but unless you can add something like 30-50 points nothing's gonna change and no one's gonna put up with such bullshit when spellcasters are shit to begin with.
>>
>>2771167
but spelllcasters are supposed to be great in every saga game
>>
>>2771231
Spellcasters in SaGa are great because they generally have very specific roles in the game's system and they have some sinergy with it.

Take Frontier's magic.
It's the only god way to heal since you don't even have healing outside of some monsters, which is strictly self healing with the exception being Mesarthim and mechs, which can only heal other mechs one at a time.

It's a great way to counter certain attacks early on in the game(Glass Shield), cause status effects(Energy Chain), buffs(runes) or attack every enemy on the screen(MegaWindBlast).

Then you have spells which mess around with the system further, Shadow Servant lets you repeat any action, Light Sword gives you a free very powerful weapon, Overdrive is Overdrive and so on.

But again, it's because they're designed with a certain system in mind and they have a very specific function.

In Imperial you have nothing like that, there's no specific role to be fulfilled at all, you can't heal so an already big chunk of magic goes down the toilet, buffs are worthless because every battle is a battle of attrition now so a turn that doesn't cause damage is worthless because again, you can't heal the damage you're going to take afterwards, Debuffs are even more worthless because waza already has debuffs chances and they cause damage on top of that, spells with secondary effects like Sword Barrier have been turned into generic buffs so again, into the trash they go.
Magic doesn't even run on its own points so there's no reason at all to use spells which are drastically inferior in terms of damage potential AND require more SP.

The problem with Imperial is that it's not fundamentally designed for magic users, the recent updates with secondary stat tables and further magic training can only do so much because the game itself still doesn't include basic Magic functionalities and uses in the meta, it's like putting a mana system in Doom for Invincibily Orbs duration, it makes no sense in the system.
>>
>>2771259
imperial doesn't have magic shields and reviva or phantom or time magic? those are like standard to all saga
>>
>>2771353
Right now, no it doesn't.

Unless they do add stuff like that in the future, though it's unlikely because again, Sword Barrier and Diamond Shield have been turned into stat buffers instead of being specific protections.

And I don't think they'll ever do because with magic actually working like it's supposed to they won't be able to get money from Gacha addicts, if Magic suddenly worked it would break all the meta of the game, people would have healers spam Healing Water and Sword Barrier and basically nothing would kill you, meaning that you wouldn't need to draw characters from the gacha to keep your team in shape or get better characters since this game does have perma death.

It's a mobage, though it's much better than the majority, it's still casual garbage aimed at people who'll spend money compulsively as soon as new characters roll out. On the bright side, given how steady and surprising the updates are, maybe, just maybe it will become an actual game in the future, right now it's pretty bare bones but it's already a very different game from the launch.
>>
Since I've seen nobody bringing this up yet, here's a video of some Frontier waza mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGFuag6im4k
>>
>>2771370
It seems so ironic that Record Keeper, the FF Mobage has a much better system than SaGa's Mobage, like we're in some kind of bizarro world.
>>
>>2773374
>the FF Mobage has a much better system than SaGa's Mobage

What? They're basically the same thing but Record Keeper has FF's mechanics instead of SaGa mechanics, sure, they butchered half of the magic in Imperial but at least you don't have to grind for levels or equipment like you do in RK, the terrible Mobage elements are still there.
It's really choosing two different flavours of cancer at the end of the day.

Now, if they actually made mainline FF games as satisfying as mainline SaGa games...
>>
File: 52192993_p0_master1200.jpg (258KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
52192993_p0_master1200.jpg
258KB, 500x539px
A small update for the Romancing SaGa 2 FAQ, I've almost finished anything but the Quests part, still need to add a few info for certain glitches and put the Monster tables, Equipment and rare drops info.

Don't lose hope guys.
It would sure be nice to find someone who could code all the stuff into the game though.
>>
The SAGA series in general could use a lot more love from the fan translation scene.
>>
>>2774953
Well, the only one who isn't translated right now is Romancing SaGa 2, all the others are available in english, even the DS remakes.
It kinda surprises me that nobody picked up Romancing SaGa 2 since Gideon obviously abandoned the project years ago, instead they translate obscure and mediocre games like Daikaiju Monogatari.

At least translate mediocre but fun games like Princess Minerva if you don't want to do mainstream stuff.
>>
>>2775000

No they aren't. The original SAGA commercial releases have shitty English localizations, the fan translation for 3 was never finished, and there was never a remake of SAGA 1 so there's nothing for the fine folks who did the DS remakes of 2 and 3 _to_ translate.

About the only bright spot in the six extant games (since the Frontier duology got a decent localization, at least) is Ministral Song. Which is still a remake from what I hear.
>>
>>2775034
>No they aren't. The original SAGA commercial releases have shitty English localizations
They're still localized though, they are playable by english speakers, if you want to argue about censorship you might as well argue about the liberties they've taken with Romancing SaGa 3's fantranslation which is straight up worse than most localized games in the series.
>and there was never a remake of SAGA 1
There was the Wonderswan Color remake though, and it has an english patch too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-WTLCRwsZk
>About the only bright spot in the six extant games (since the Frontier duology got a decent localization, at least) is Ministral Song.
Minstrel Song is pretty damn awful for the same reason the SaGa Frontier translation is awful, the character's lost everything they had from the Japanese to English translation, with maybe Hawk and Barbara being exceptions, and yes Minstrel Song is a remake of Romancing SaGa for the SNES.

The only good localization for the series so far is Frontier 2, which still butchered a lot by changing name for no reason at all, like Neuvième become Nicolette or Plumiere becoming Primiera, though that's an inexplicable trend everywhere, and generally making the game devoid of character.
Even Frontier had Emilia become Emelia for some weird reason, Black Cross was censored to Black X, if I'm not mistake Metal Black MKIII was actually called Metal Alkaizer in the game too, still surprised they didn't censor the porno mags dialogues, but that was probably too hidden for them to be worth changing, and let's not forget the whole Agony line of guns which was mistranslated as Aguni.
>>
>>2775050

>They're still localized though, they are playable by english speakers, if you want to argue about censorship you might as well argue about the liberties they've taken with Romancing SaGa 3's fantranslation which is straight up worse than most localized games in the series.

It's not even about censorship: they straight up Engrish'ed it. That's not an acceptable localization. Seriously: go replay original SAGA 1. There is Engrish bullshit before you're even five minutes in.

>There was the Wonderswan Color remake though, and it has an english patch too.

Did you actually read the patch notes? The guy used the "Google Translate" method. He doesn't speak a word of Japanese.
>>
>>2775058
> There is Engrish bullshit before you're even five minutes in.
Yeah, like most games from that time.
>Did you actually read the patch notes? The guy used the "Google Translate" method. He doesn't speak a word of Japanese.
He made the right choice, Google Translate is more than enough to translate something like SaGa 1, wish I could say the same of Romancing SaGa 2, especially when Oaive has some lines.

Though really, I'm quite serious here, the first SaGa has barely anything that goes beyond elementary level, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a good translation using Google Translate and a bit of your brain, you'd be surprised at how helpful it can be sometimes, and I'm talking as a translator myself here, as a tool it has improved immensely over the years, even someone who doesn't know a language but has knowledge of foreign ones will be able to come up with a decent translations, most of my students use it all the time and I can't say the results are that bad at all.

Granted that I'd need to check the stuff thouroughly, but I find it hard to believe he made something as bad or worse than the original localized version, I could very well be wrong though.
>>
>>2775073

>Yeah, like most games from that time.

And that's why I don't play half of 'em. I'm from the "Do it right or don't do it at all." camp.

>...and I'm talking as a translator myself here...

Language proficiency and translated works, please.
>>
>>2775050
>Black Cross was censored to Black X
Was that part of his name "Kurosu", because the Japanese do sometimes use "Cross" for "X".
>>
>>2775084
>"Do it right or don't do it at all." camp.
I understand that, I too used to be part of that, with time I mellowed out a bit, mostly because now I can play games in japanese without too many difficulties.
>Language proficiency and translated works, please.

I'm being deadly serious anon, even when I took translation classes 4 years ago Google Translate was already a big part of our topics and discussions, if used well it's a very useful tool for most of the important languages in the world, again, with a good head on your shoulders of course.
I used to be snobbish but as time passed I realized that it's really a very useful tool in the right hands, I don't feel the right to use it as a counterpoint unless I have solid proof of people fucking up with it.
>>2775085
Both the character name and the organization are named ブラッククロス, which was probably deemed offensive in US due to religion, like always. Also, do you remember the 4th Dimension Magisphere gimmick when you fight Black X chronies? Well, it was called Black Dimension in japanese.
>>
>>2775097

>I'm being deadly serious anon, even when I took translation classes 4 years ago Google Translate was already a big part of our topics and discussions, if used well it's a very useful tool for most of the important languages in the world, again, with a good head on your shoulders of course.

Answer my question, please.
>>
>>2775113
Native speaker of Italian and Sardinian, last language certification was a TOEFL test ehhh...three years ago I guess passed with 101/120, B2 level in German, I've also studied French but I never took any certification for it and I'll never do because I fucking loathe it.

No works on books or anything because professional translators here are a closed caste, I usually work as a guide for tourists or make translations for students and other private clients.

Take that as you will Anon.
I hope you won't ask me to scan my certifications next.
>>
>>2775125

Thank you. Was listing your credentials really that fucking hard?
>>
>>2775127
Well, I admit I did think a bit about how long as it been since I took the TOEFL.
Can't remember when I took the Zertifikat either now that I think about it.

Why are you so worried about credentials though?
>>
>>2775130

Because, all things being equal, I wanted to be reasonably sure you weren't talking out of your ass.

Now, I know you're not.
>>
Is there limit to SP training? I wonder if I can get this one to 1 SP
>>
File: Sup bitch.png (12KB, 1292x225px) Image search: [Google]
Sup bitch.png
12KB, 1292x225px
>>2775132
Well anon, I don't know about you but the whole debate about Google Translate has been pretty big in the academic world, especially in the last 5 years or so, I've taken part in quite a few lectures about theory of translation and the use of various programs like Systran. Google Translate is pretty fucking big, especially for people like me, most companies, like videogame devs, ask to potential employees a certain degree of proficiency with automated programs, Google Translate while not being a direct competitor, mostly due to the lack of actual translating functionalities in terms business work, is gaining ground rapidly especially in grammatical patterns and structure recognition.

Maybe I seemed a bit of a dumb fucker the way I wrote my post, but I assure you, Google Translate is underrated by most people, I was one of those as well until recently. It sure won't translate everything for you but especially for Chinese or Japanese it saves you ungodly amounts of time and energy.

My first check for the Waza names in the FAQ I'm writing was through Google Translate and I'll tell you, the vast majority of the translations was pretty good, outside of some tricky waza names like 無無剣、活殺化石衝 or 乱れ雪月花 they were pretty good translations after I looked at the vocabulary entries, I copypasted some simple NPC dialogue and the results was surprisingly decent as well, it does show its limits when you're translating long sentences, especially if there is frequent use of ellipsis and other stuff, but for standard NPCs like shop clerks and formulaic speech patterns is more than enough.
Then you have some stuff like pic related which is frankly puzzling since it still wasn't corrected, but at least you can have some free laughs.
>>2775168
I think the limit for higher tier techs stops around 7-9 for those that are originally 15 SP, My Yo-Yo which was originally 8 SP doesn't seem to go under 4 SP no matter how much I train my characters.
>>
Wow, I ran out of those stat raising items and I haven't capped out my 5* Aisha yet after I reset her. Now I'm stuck until they give out some more.

(I should have taken a screenshot of her stats before this training regiment so I can see how effective it is)

>>2775168
>>2775173
Yeah, it seems to top off at around 50% of the original base cost.
>>
File: gustav_Kotobukiya.jpg (44KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
gustav_Kotobukiya.jpg
44KB, 800x450px
>>2775335
With all the shit in the game I must admit I like the idea of being able to modify Waza and Magic values in some ways.
The new HP mechanics is also pretty cool, it's a nice idea if it's implemented well enough in a game.

Hope Scarlet Grace has something similar.
Also, I don't know if there are any buyfags around on /vr/ but I found out Kotobukiya made a Gustave figure some time ago.
>>
>>2775335
On which mission are you training your Aisha?
>>
>>2776630
The 6* Event Dragon mission.

Some other Anon said it was easy as piss so that's why I'm using it.

Counter fish enemies are annoying as hell though
>>
>>2776734
Then you should be okay, I did training on 6* mission too
For counter try outspeeding them
>>
Why is this entire thread talking about non-retro SaGa
>>
>>2777073
Because there's no traffic.
If you want to talk about something just post and people will reply, we're idle right now.
>>
>>2777073
I don't think you could talk about SaGa anywhere else.
I'm currently swamped with work but I'm gonna give Frontier 2 a second try soon. I'll probably need some pointers then.
>>
File: sagaf215th1.jpg (856KB, 930x1122px) Image search: [Google]
sagaf215th1.jpg
856KB, 930x1122px
>>2777183
Whenever you need, just drop by and ask.
I too don't have much time but I always kinda lurk around.

Curiosity of the day:
The City of Night in Frontier 2 was originally called Schwarzmädchen (black girl) before being butchered by the localization, kinda weird they left other cities with their original names but changed this.
>>
File: Orlouge's waifus.png (653KB, 735x504px) Image search: [Google]
Orlouge's waifus.png
653KB, 735x504px
Guess who's been added?
>>
Hey, if you want some retro SaGa talk, here's a question from me - does anyone get any good use out of Monsters in DS SaGa 3?

I'm dedicated to making at least one work but it always feels I would get much more out of just using the other races.
>>
>>2778495
>does anyone get any good use out of Monsters in DS SaGa 3?

Well, monsters aren't my thing but some high tier forms are objectively pretty powerful.
The problem with monsters is that their toolsets aren't really that hot in most cases, you either get a mid tier-good attacker or a shabby healer, they only really get good when you get to the last tiers.

Monster forms such as Lich or most dragons are pretty powerful, but you still need to come up with a good toolset for those, stats alone don't really help you much, not to mention that again, these are all basically endgame forms.

What I'll suggest you to do is concentrating on getting powerful moves for the type of character you want to make first, if you want a spellcaster forget about any physical move, if you want a tank get something that can buff and has good support abilities like stun. After you make a toolset that you find satisfying search for a monster form that suits that toolset, Undeads are good for both physical and magical attacks, they also have some neat abilities like status resistances and holy resistances, Beasts or Beastmen have pretty good attack and speed, Fairies ar great mages while humanoids are kind of jack of all trades, Dragons are top tier tanks and also have nice special attacks.

Other than that though, I don't know what else I could tell you, I'm no monster fan, I usually go full machine or Cyborg if I need something other than a human and the remake, while being much better than the original doesn't really tickle my fancy in terms of monster breeding, Humans/Espers are still too good compared to the other races.
>>
>>2778512
I thought Monsters don't carry over moves from other forms, am I missing something?
>>
>>2778531
You can carry over certain moves based on a mechanic which lets monster share some moves.

Or maybe I'm confusing SaGa 3 with SaGa 2, let me check my old savefiles, I haven't played those in ages.
>>
File: Saga3_en_beta_2.0.830_11_11749.png (34KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
Saga3_en_beta_2.0.830_11_11749.png
34KB, 256x384px
Yeah, my Alzheimer isn't that bad I guess.
I don't remember exactly how the passable traits/abilities work though, I do remember that magic moves are usually the easiest passable moves for spellcasters like Fairies or something but I don't remember the exact rule.
>>
File: 32148667_p0.jpg (307KB, 715x936px) Image search: [Google]
32148667_p0.jpg
307KB, 715x936px
What happened to the anon who ordered that Romancing SaGa 2 manga?
>>
>>2728518
Currently playing some SaGa Frontier 2 using an emulator. A lot of enemies will actually chase you around.
Yeah, griffons will actively try to divebomb you (which makes them dreadful for the first quarry bit, because they're tough as nails), and yes most mobs will just try to walk into you. Beast mobs will charge you, and if you're not expecting it, it can be pretty difficult to dodge.
>>
File: 3329993_p0.jpg (91KB, 368x552px) Image search: [Google]
3329993_p0.jpg
91KB, 368x552px
>>2780514
>Yeah, griffons will actively try to divebomb you

I guess they did that because they can be baited into dropping some of those treasures placed in the quarry, now if it was actually worth the risk to do that though, those items you get are garbage anyway.
>>
>>2780523
Pop Shoes are 100% not garbage.
>>
>>2780525
They are, 8 points of defense are useless when even alligator shoes have better have better SP bonuses, Rubber Soles have better enhancement and and both Crystal Wings or Titus Greaves give you status resistances as well. the only thing Pop shoes have going on for them are Press, which is just as bad as it was in Romancing SaGa 2, nice reference to Cat, but all in all, I'd rather equip a Quell or a hat in that slot at that point in the game.
It's really an item for the sake of complexionists, even those 4 points of defense they might have over other shoes at that point in the game mean next to nothing really.
>>
File: 25453864_p0_master1200.jpg (202KB, 480x420px) Image search: [Google]
25453864_p0_master1200.jpg
202KB, 480x420px
>>2780542
>That broken english
Sorry about that, I'm a bit tired.

Though to add on my point, disregarding all I mentioned, I don't really think they're worth risking a fight with a Griffin, which would most likely kill you unless you really know how to handle them.

Also, this keychain is bretty cute, might consider making one for me as well.
>>
>>2780542
anon do you know that there are actually like 8 different categories for defense on each item and the displayed defense stat is actually only slash defense

Pop Shoes are one of the few items that actually protects you from everything. Sure Crystal Wings are better, but that would require that you kill Griffons over and over, in which case, you'll probably want to get those Pop Shoes before you start.
>>
>>2780569
I know, and again, Pop Shoes are next to worthless, Armors and Shields are the pieces that matter when you want a good defense, Hats/Helmets are usually the best SP and Enhancing items together with Quells and Armguards and Boots are usually some decent pieces with resistances.

Pop shoes are an item that can't boast anything other than raw defense, which is useless when my armor is the focus of raw defense, I'd rather get some status or element defense, or some enhancements, and Pop shoes have nothing in that regards, might as well put on some Rubber Soles or Alligator shoes which are common drops and have more useful effects anyway.

Putting Pop shoes on won't make any difference in the immediate part of the game you're playing, it will make even less of a difference by the mid-endgame where you'll rather want to have Quells equipped rather than any boot or arm piece.

And Press has a meager 38-40 or something as attack multiplier which is already pretty bad at that point of the game.

What's the point about gaining a relatively minor protection against everything when I can put some major boost on a single thing and get either status immunity or access to two elements plus great SP bonuses and enhancements? They're a great item on paper, but in the actual game they're next to useless even by the time you get those.
>>
>>2780579
except no, you're wrong

http://arcanelore.net/articles/sf2item.txt

Pop Shoes are one of the best defensive items you can get when you get them, mainly on account of having great status defense. You could argue that the difference isn't particularly large, but they're still a good item to get for free when you can get them, and they are beneficial if at that time you want to try fighting a few griffons, which sadly use no thunder attacks.
>>
>>2780621
>but they're still a good item to get for free when you can get them

Well, if you put it that way I really can't argue about it.

That said, I'd still rather put some tool that lets me access wood or water arts rather than the Pop shoes, especially against griffins in the quarry, having more healers is better than having a relatively tanky character since griffins hit way too hard for your armor at that point to make much difference unless you made Tyler fight a lot, or at least that's how I see it.
As long as you win or have fun doing that it's your own business anyway.

By the by, I sparked Pine Chop Dynamic in Imperial today and it looks fucking glorious, there's something to good old school 2D sprite animation that 3D will never have for me.

What's your favorite attack?
>>
>>2780781
I really like the Twin Dragons animation in SF2

it's really nice

aside from that though, no, while you do need Life Water, not every single member of your party needs to have it. For example, having Tyler spend all his turns standing in front tanking and fighting, or casting Guard Beast or Regenerate is actually pretty effective, and the only item he needs to equip for that is the bone gloves.
>>
>>2780794
>I really like the Twin Dragons animation in SF2
That's pretty cool, I also really liked Hybrid Arts like Tornado Blade, Bear Crush also has a nice feeling of weight and impact.

When I fight griffins I usually set up Wil and Narcisse as healers and have Cody and Tyler use spears and martial arts, Tyler is so good at martial arts it's unbelievable, Cody is also pretty good as emergency or alternate healer in this situation, so you can have Narcisse and Wil cast offensive spells too, getting good combos with Tyler can lead to great damage and it's really a must when fighting those assholes.
I swear, griffins are one of the worse battles in the game next to super surprise Vulcanoid in the worm cave and the Lich, they kicked my ass a lot when I was younger.
>>
>>2780502
Never ordered the manga for Romancing SaGa 2, but the first volume has already been scanned and is around online. I'd need to order volumes 2 and 3 though. Those are as yet unavailable online.
>>
>>2780805
I think it might be the sound effects too

Twin Dragon is just super satisfying for a move that's really great to use all the time. I ended up using it constantly just because of how versatile it is, but I suppose Crystal Pierce or whatever is supposed to be better.
>>
File: Ploploploplo-Pling!.jpg (12KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
Ploploploplo-Pling!.jpg
12KB, 580x435px
>>2780830
I see, I remembered about you posting the cover and got kinda curious.
>>2780858
>I think it might be the sound effects too
Very possibly so.
I used to always have Thunder Thrust in Frontier because I liked the sounds effect too much, same reason why I have a save file before fighting Genocide Heart, Carnage is just too satisfying to see and hear, it's so goddamn badass.
Same with Asura's Revenge, or Romancing SaGa 3 Screwdriver, Niagara Buster and Charge, they're so good to pull off.
Though probably the best feeling ever is from pic related.
>>
>>2780878
>http://pastebin.com/E1V2hcfM
Well, here's the volume itself to add to the pastebin if you want. I had vaguely translated the first 20 pages or so but couldn't track down any of my old scanlator friends to actually put the text in. If there's any interest I can keep going with it and finish up the first volume.

https://mega.nz/#!opRDVC7L

Also I think you're remembering something else that I ordered which was an issue of a magazine called FanDX that happens to have a SaGa Frontier one shot in it. Haven't gotten my hands on it yet (shipped to my parent's place), but there's also a problem in that it's a two parter and I still can't track down the other issue for that. I am still planning to scan that when I get it though.
>>
>>2780993
>If there's any interest I can keep going with it and finish up the first volume.
I don't know about that but I personally thank you for sharing this anyway.

And you might be right about that magazine, lately I've been running around quite a bit and thanks to the archives shutting down I couldn't check the older threads, I had to rely on my fuzzy memories.
Wish I had more time to work on other stuff...
>>
I had an opportunity to buy Final Fantasy Legend 2 for $12.99, should I have done it?
>>
>>2782146
Seems a bit high for a popular GB game.
>>
>>2782146
It's a good game, but the difficulty is also batshit insane and all over the place. $13 is a little steep but I'd pick it up.
>>
File: 6256124_p0.jpg (187KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
6256124_p0.jpg
187KB, 600x600px
>>2782184
Was the original FFL2 that hard back in the days?
I mean, it had some spikes in difficulty like Venus or Odin, but it was a fairly standard game.

Also, I looked around for prices a bit and yeah, we're around 10-12 bucks, of course there's fucking idiots who sell it for 110$ too.
>>
>>2782184
>but the difficulty is also batshit insane and all over the place

It's actually pretty easy. Only bosses are hard at all, which is fine
>>
>>2782260
well, it's one of the ones where you can actually bone yourself and basically force a restart by progressing too much without properly balancing your party
>>
>>2782332
I don't see how. There's no battle rank or anything. If you have a monster or a mech you can always go back and meat chain them into something good. Humans and espers are just stats which you can grind out
>>
>>2782332
>by progressing too much without properly balancing your party
I don't really agree with this.
There's too much stuff you can abuse to force a restart, this isn't like Frontier 2 or Romancing SaGa 2 where you can permanently miss good stuff.
You can one shot Ashura with the old one punch method, which is trivially easy thanks to the mech MA exploit, anything up to Venus is a cakewalk thanks to the Giant set which unless you made a party of monsters makes Humans and Espers untouchable and even mechs pretty powerful.
Venus can be troublesome because she uses a lot of magic which your Giant set doesn't protect you against and some nasty statuses but again, bumrushing her with punches, guns or good monster forms solves pretty much all the problems, same with Odin, Apollo and pretty much everything except Haniwa and Arsenal, which do need more power to be brought down.

As long as you get the combat basics down you shouldn't have many problems at all, unless again, for some reason you made a party with more monsters than other races.
>>
>>2782363
I guess it was a long time since I played. What I remember was hitting a wall and not being strong enough to kill Venus, and then for some reason having a hell of a time not being able to power up at that point because my equipment wasn't up to date and I couldn't get anything better
>>
>>2782393
>What I remember was hitting a wall and not being strong enough to kill Venus
Happened to me too, Venus can be pretty frustrating because she is a mage, and like all mages in SaGa she's full of bullshit.
But again, if you really can't beat her you can just grind for Humans and Espers, get some giant equipment and a laser blade or something to power up your melee, Mechs can buy some really neat stuff in her world and Monsters just need some form that is resistent against magic like Fairies.
She can still charm your Humans or Espers but with some patience she'll go down.
>>
>>2782136
I figured a lot of anons know moon these days which is kind of why I haven't done it completely yet.

Also, just to make sure there's some more eyes on the look out the specific issue that we'll need to be able to have the full SaGa Frontier thing is FanDX #4 1999. Assuming I ever received #5 anyway, haven't heard yet.

In moon runes, ファンDX or ファンタジーDX 1999年4月号.
>>
>>2783113
I'll keep an eye open for that issue, I'll look around a bit when I get some more time.
>>
Thread's going down fast so I thought I'd make a safety bump.
Sensei sure is popular on pixiv.
>>
File: 44609726_p0_master1200.jpg (347KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
44609726_p0_master1200.jpg
347KB, 600x800px
>Princess Lion gets a 5* version
>Fuse and Gen stuck to 4*

I'm quite mad, I bet Mystics did this.
Fuck Mystics.
Since the event missions are basically retellings of the old series' lore I was thinking a bit about Mond/Mondo's story, he's actually a quite sympathetic villain once you put all the pieces of the puzzle together, maybe the most sympathetic one in Frontier.
If only they fleshed out Lute's quest a bit more it would have been much more bearable, Mondo's a cool villain.
>>
>>2785836
Lute's quest was basically trying to shove Mondo in somewhere since he was supposed to be critical in the fuse storyline.
>>
>>2785836
I'm waiting for a Monsters promotion.

5* King Sei?
>>
>>2786965
Yeah, basically, which is a shame since you get that little moment with Emilia and all those details regarding Trinity from Leonard in T260's story.
If they actually put a little bit more effort in expanding Mondo's story it would have been cool.
>>2787016
5* Slime, trust me, my dad works for Kawazu.
>>
Finally learned a strong waza
>>
>>2788168
Nice stuff.
Still have to learn Screwdriver myself, so far the strongest attacks I have are Pine Chop Dynamic, Tsubame Gaeshi and Submission.
Didn't have time to play at all these days, tomorrow I should be more free.
>>
File: IMG_20151110_172552.jpg (3MB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151110_172552.jpg
3MB, 2368x3200px
So it came in. I'll try to get proper scans of it when I can. Which means I'm now only on the lookout for #4 1999 to get the first half of the story.
>>
>>2787463
The scenario was pretty much written. This is translated from the perfect works iirc

http://www.mediafire.com/view/lauxv64qu2fa3ht/SaGa_Frontier_-_Fuse%27s_Crazy_Investigation_Log.doc
>>
>>2788367
Is that a Leslie I see in the corner?
>>2788393
Whoa, someone translated the PW novel?
Kudos to them.

And yeah, what makes me mad is that they've already written a lot of stuff, just like most games in the series, if only they bothered to put a few more lines in dialogues it would have been acceptable too, I get that coding in entire cities or questlines can be a pain when you're near the deadline but man.

I'll have a look at the translation later, I really want to see how they translated Fuse's lines, they're pretty fun in japanese, many thanks for the link Anon, this is one great contribution to the thread.
>>
File: 47309730_p0_master1200.jpg (112KB, 479x612px) Image search: [Google]
47309730_p0_master1200.jpg
112KB, 479x612px
So, I've read the first 4 chapters of the translated novel.
Damn good work, I would have slightly changed Fuse's tone for some things but it's a good job as far as I can say.
Tomorrow I'll read the rest when I get some more free time.

Fuse is love, Fuse is life.
>>
>>2789090
>Whoa, someone translated the PW novel?

Dunno about the whole thing, but definitely that. I've had it for so damn long I honestly forgot where I got it from in the first place but I know it's good.
>Uploaded June 2011
and that's just when I first remembered to upload it.
>>
File: Sperm Wyrm.jpg (46KB, 616x252px) Image search: [Google]
Sperm Wyrm.jpg
46KB, 616x252px
Who is this literal Semen Demon?
>>
>>2790054
Well, thanks again for that.
>>2790894
Lord of Vermilion Arena Collab character.
SaGa had a long time collaboration with Lord of Vermilion since the first title in the franchise.
I've been very tempted to try this since it's finally on PC but I'm afraid I'm not a big fan for DOTA-likes, they got a SaGa collab with Saruin, Sherah and Death some time ago, they still have to implement the Seven Heroes from the other arcade titles so I expect we get Nid from the Classic series, which would be fun.

What's good about Lord of Vermilion is that they make collabs with anything, they have Valkyrie Profile, Star Ocean, Mana, Final Fantasy and even Blazblue characters, it's definitely fun if you're into card games and crossovers.
>>
File: Lord_of_vermilion_re-2_reimu.jpg (66KB, 351x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_of_vermilion_re-2_reimu.jpg
66KB, 351x400px
>>2790908
LoV is one of those games I always wanted to try but that would require actually living in Japan
>>
>>2790916
Yeah, considering it was an arcade exclusive until LoV 3 iirc it was literally impossible to play it.
It's an interesting game and it was a very interesting project too since it was made in collaboration with Wizards of the Coast, some cards like Nidhogg were made by famous western comic artists like Todd McFarlane.
I played the PSP spin offs and while they had crippling lack of content and overall lackluster execution they weren't that bad as action games.
>>
So there's another trials event, now up to 50 trials
>>
bumping with some finished red training
>>
Has anyone ever gotten a crossover promotion unit from using the "Item Draw" (as in not the one using Fame or Crowns, the one using that item they give out once in a while)

Just want to know if its possible because otherwise I'll save them up.

>>2792110
That's some seriously good growth - what's the training regiment?
>>
>>2789898

...Fuse is Stewart Copeland of the Police?
>>
File: could it be.jpg (197KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
could it be.jpg
197KB, 600x600px
>>2792606
He sure looks like him doesn't he?
>>
>>2792136
A 7* mission that ends with 2 red skeletons
>>
>>2792823
With or without stat-raising jewels?
>>
>>2793179
With some, but not all way
>>
>>2792813

He's based off of him. One of the heads of development is a big fan of his work.
>>
>>2794350
that would explain the drastic evolution in his design.
>>
>>2782197
No, that dude is just casual as fuck. Between me and two of our friends we figured out that 1)AGI is broken as shit for robots and 2)the game rewards you in a very specific patterns after victory, so it's possible to only get the stats you want until you max it in the first two hours. We were eleven and twelve years old then.
>>
File: 398.jpg (515KB, 1130x1661px) Image search: [Google]
398.jpg
515KB, 1130x1661px
Seems /vr/ is in full shitposting mode judging by the threads in the first page.
And then they complain about threads like these...
I can only hope the rumours of the Romancing SaGa 2 remake are true.
>>
Is the style of gameplay the same across the series (like FF has the same gameplay for most of the series)?
>>
>>2797152
SaGa changes a lot depending on the generations.
the GB trilogy has the same style except for SaGa 3 which is more of a FF game.

The Romancing Trilogy on SNES has mostly the same style though there are a few design differences, Romancing SaGa and Romancing SaGa 3 have multiple main characters whereas Romancing SaGa 2 has generations of characters. It also begins to to further elaborate the system of the GB trilogy and becomes pretty different in general gameplay, introducing open worlds, multiple main characters and non linear gameplay/multiple endings, the general battle system is very different as well.

SaGa Frontier is a mix of the Romancing series and the GBA series.

SaGa Frontier 2 has a similar system to Romancing SaGa 2 but the game progression is radically different and unique to this game as well, it also reintroduces the GB series' weapon durability system.

So if I had to make a comparison to FF you can consider the GBA series to be like FF, the Romancing Trilogy is more of a FF4/5/6 change in terms of gameplay and the following games are basically the FF games during the fifth generation in terms of elaboration, a return to the roots for some things but also some elaboration of previous mechanics, or at least that's how I see it.

There are of course staples that are present since the first installments but SaGa always pushed the mechanics a lot compared to FF so while you might have seemingly the same mechanics such as sparking those are always elaborated in each titles to work a bit differently.
>>
Finished the translated Fuse novel.
Good work overall, though they kinda missed a few lines.
Learned a good amount of things from it though, it was a nice experience.
>>
File: 1356155586557.png (444KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
1356155586557.png
444KB, 550x700px
Too bad there's no future in the notion of this series being well-received stateside.
>>
>>2798576
We can always hope. I know I'm trying to at least keep some aspects of SaGa alive through making scripts for shit like RPG Maker that emulate some of the SaGa systems. It's not a lot, but it's something.
>>
>>2798576
Hey man, at least we got most of the games, certain series like Metal Max or Langrisser got it much worse.
Sometimes though I think it's strange that such a western oriented series wasn't received well, I wonder whether the fact that are console games is the cause, maybe if they were on computer the they could appeal to a different kind of audience, though that wouldn't explain why games like the last Legend of Heroes titles received so much attention in the last decade since they're the epithome of generic JRPGs, I don't want to think it's just because of Steam, though that could probably be the case for the majority of the fanbase.
>>
>>2798772
Oh? Give some examples of that. I have seen such things before for it.
>>
Shit gets pretty hard after 20th trial
>>
File: 1446893930940.png (315KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1446893930940.png
315KB, 350x350px
>>2799232
>Guardian
Does he have all his nasty attacks from RomaSaGa2?
He's no pushover.
>>
>>2799243
Yeah, he has the goddamn poison attack

Looks like this time they use giants instead of dragons as boss monsters, next guy took me 5 turns
>>
File: 1445188641223.png (141KB, 469x326px) Image search: [Google]
1445188641223.png
141KB, 469x326px
>>2799252
>Yeah, he has the goddamn poison attack
Fucking hell
>Spriggan
GrandSlam.avi

Makes sense they're using Giants, Nisa is the Goddess of Earth and Giants have always been earth related in the series, good to see they're putting some classic bosses to good use, I bet my ass you'll fight Cyclops next.
>>
>>2799258
You got me. He has double action and hits for ~300 damage
>>
File: 1423549938374.jpg (47KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1423549938374.jpg
47KB, 576x432px
>>2799259
>He has double action and hits for ~300 damage
Just like in RomaSaGa 2.
>>
>>2799152
All of my shit is super early stages at the moment because I'm learning how RPG Maker works as well as getting back into programming at the same time.

https://github.com/kuoushi/KuoMV

At the moment I've got the basics possible, though not totally easy to use. Stats will grow at a rate based on skills and weapons used, skills are learned based on what skills you use in battle. Also made a small custom stats plugin so I can create and replace the default stats in RPG Maker more easily.

This is all for RPG Maker MV. I plan on recreating a lot of different SaGa systems that can be used with it eventually but it's slow going since I'm still learning things.
>>
>>2799313
How is RPG Maker MV?
I've been planning on learning to use engines like that but a lot of people told me that RPG Maker isn't really a worthwhile option due to limitations and versatility problems.
>>
>>2799327
I'm really liking it to be honest. The move to JavaScript has been super nice in and of itself since you don't have to know/learn the shit that is Ruby. There are already a ton of plugins for it as well, kind of speaking to that.

The only real problem it has is that since they did switch from the earlier Ruby engine, there isn't that much extra to the engine itself yet since they were mostly working to port VX Ace as is. They have stated that they're going to continue working on it though and add features.
>>
>>2799340
Cool, would you say it's worth to buy now?

I'd like to eventually publish my things and make some profit but there's such a strong competition between different programs and engines nowadays.
>>
>>2799348
Depends honestly. If you already have VX Ace then sticking with that would be fine most likely.

If, however, you plan on publishing with higher resolutions and/or to mobile devices/Mac, you'd probably get decent use out of MV. It doesn't have as many plugins yet, but a lot of the major developers from VX Ace are porting their work. Honestly, I own both VX Ace and MV, but I prefer MV.

Oh, it also has default built-in side view battlers as well as mouse/touch controls.
>>
>>2799446
Sounds good enough, I think I'll try out their free trial first, 80 bucks seems reasonable enough for the full product but I want to see how much can I squeeze out of it.

Thanks for the suggestion Anon, much appreciated. I'm also glad you're spreading the SaGa style, you have my blessing for your endeavours.
>>
Damn, the Guardian in the trial was tough as balls.

Luckily it didn't have the trememendous defense of the original one in RomaSaGa 2 so I managed to beat him, still wiped out my main party with his poison attack, just like in RomaSaGa 2.
>>
>>2801106
Later they just reuse giants, I had cyclops and spriggan again for another trials
>>
>>2801118
>I had cyclops and spriggan again for another trials
Man, which trial are you on? they relaxed the difficulty a bit, mostly because the number of trials is doubled this time, but still I can't see myself getting more than 25 or something.
>>
>>2801124
Not that far, but shit's pretty hard now
>>
>>2801795
Christ Almighty, two Kaiser Ants and a Guardian, kudos for surviving the onslaught.

Now that's something you'd never see in Romancing SaGa 2, one Kaiser Ant is already enough to make you sweat, tow of those with a Guardian on top would slaughter you unless you're Seven Heroes tier strong.
>>
>>2801850
And I can't pass this one so I guess I'm done with trials
>>
Welp, this is the first time I actually fought Spriggan seriously, never again though.
It was just as cancerous as it is in RomaSaGa 2.

>Grand Slam every single turn

I lost 3 times before I managed to beat him, this just shows how bad a system without Mikiri is.
>>
It seems today it's T260G and Engineer Car appreciation day.
Respect the Robot.
>>
File: 1424859571874.jpg (135KB, 980x860px) Image search: [Google]
1424859571874.jpg
135KB, 980x860px
>>2804920
I may not be a robot according to the captcha, but I'm always a mec in my heart.
>>
File: t260g.jpg (959KB, 1205x702px) Image search: [Google]
t260g.jpg
959KB, 1205x702px
>>2804950
We are in dire need of mechs.
At least the series had a good number of them.
SaGa 2 and 3 mechs, Coppelia and the Frontier cast.

T260G has a special place in my heart though, its ending with Thyme and Rose was the most emotional one in Frontier for sure.
There's nothing more moving than a kid seeing his robot friend coming back from a long adventure and keeping the promise it made, shit I'm already getting teary eyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N12vQoPM5oQ&index=74&list=PL33021FE67F7DCC92
>>
>>2804920
Do robots get any special mechanics like Mystics and Monsters?

Not sure whether I should pull on this one or wait for a "3x Emperor chance" one again
>>
>>2805068
http://sqex-bridge.jp/guest/information/14783

Skill upgrade mechanic and they use their own weapon category. Looks fun.

I would honestly wait for a good gacha unless you really really want that T260G card special card, which is garbage compared to the 5* version anyway.
>>
File: 35253110_p0.png (222KB, 648x906px) Image search: [Google]
35253110_p0.png
222KB, 648x906px
So, what do you think about royals or general nobility in the series?
Compared to other series SaGa has a quite prominent number or characters with titles, I guess only Fire Emblem has more nobles as playable characters.
Now that I think about it there aren't many nobles in today's JRPGs are there?
>>
>>2806984
>Now that I think about it there aren't many nobles in today's JRPGs are there?
Today's JRPG usually take place in modern school settings so unless we get some British royalty as party members one day...

(which might actually be kind of original so no one's going to do it)
>>
File: ss2.gif (17KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
ss2.gif
17KB, 256x224px
A new bokuno version, let's see what we have here
>>
File: bokunonew000.png (140KB, 763x674px) Image search: [Google]
bokunonew000.png
140KB, 763x674px
>>2807575
I guess that's it, Selma added with her event, purgatory map rework, some fixes, balances and new sprites. Reihime has fortune function but I don't know what it does
>>
>>2807575
Darque/Aldora event?
>>2807714
Shit, that Selma sprite is so damn cute, will they also add her dad?
I don't dig Tatyana's sprite too much though.
>>
>>2807714
It probably does what fortune telling does in SaGa Frontier, i.e. it indicates the random number seed you're on
>>
>>2807751
>Darque/Aldora event?
The event itself is old, just a new map was made for it
>Shit, that Selma sprite is so damn cute, will they also add her dad?
Maybe in future
>>
>>2807881
>just a new map was made for it
I see, still great stuff.
The RomaSaGa3 modders are an inspiration really, still hard to believe someone's putting so much effort in a 20 years old game.
I wonder if any of the SaGa staff or Kawazu knows.
>>
>>2807575
Are those added to @@beta too or only Bokuno?
>>
>>2808281
It's Bokuno, aabeta was finished in 2012. But the guy also puts small patches for aabeta that add stuff that he did, like leonid castle warp.
>>
>>2808883
Hmm, what a shame, I prefer all the additional system stuff in aaBeta
>>
>>2809080
how so?
>>
>>2807959
They likely do, and are probably flattered as fuck that someone took the best SaGa game and made it The Ultimate SaGa All-Stars Clusterfuck
>>
>>2809609
Sometimes I wonder whether the current situation of the series would have been better if Kawazu was not with Square Enix, he really should have created his own independent studio or something, but I guess he's too attached to his brainchild to leave it in Squeenix' hands.

Knowing him I can only imagine what absurd kind of updated remakes he would do for the classic games if he had complete freedom, Emperor's SaGa was kind of a Wild Card expy mixed with SaGa mechanics but imagine an actually full fledged Imperial SaGa, no web browser and Gasha bullshit, on a handheld like Vita or 3DS with constant updates of content for new quests, characters, items...
The guys working on Bokuno and @@beta already did an impressive job, I'd love to see some official content of that kind without the plague of mobage that currently ruins a lot of games with retro content of some kind.
>>
>>2809609
>best SaGa game

that's not Saga Frontier though anon
>>
File: 1418553718176.png (427KB, 846x490px) Image search: [Google]
1418553718176.png
427KB, 846x490px
>>2810736
Frontier's up there with RomaSaGa 3 but japs still prefer RomaSaGa 3

>Inb4 japs have shit taste

Yeah, but the majority of the fanbase prefers RomaSaGa 3.
Now if they did bother making a survey in the west...
>>
>>2810974
Eh, RSaga 2 is at 2nd best, so taste not really that shit (I sure as heck would swap 2 and 3's location but the margin's really small anyway)
>>
>>2810974
tbqh RS2 is the only SaGa game that can compete with SaGa Frontier

RS3 isn't even as good as SFII or MS

I'd say it's tied with Unlimited in my heart but that's still a tie for 5th place.
>>
>>2811046
>>2811159
Point is RomaSaGa 3 is really easy to get into, has great graphics and music and a bit of everything the series had to offer until then with some polish too.

Sure, it's not as balanced as RomaSaGa 2 in terms of difficulty nor does it have the open world/pseudosandbox gameplay of RomaSaGa/RomaSaGa 2 where you can just walk around the world freely instead of strictly moving an icon on the world map, but it relaxed and polished quite a lot of mechanics, see formations and general stat growth.
I still prefer RomaSaGa 2 too because I think that it's a better game mechanically, with bosses that change forms depending on your behaviour in game, fusion spells not being limited to formation techs and much more freedom and non linearity, but admittedly RomaSaGa 3 is not as cryptic, and while the cast in RomaSaGa 3 is great I still find both RomaSaGa 2 and Frontier's better, especially regarding antagonists, but back when it released RomaSaGa 3 was huge because it was so much more accessible to the audience and not as punishing as RomaSaGa 2, so I can see why it got such a big fanbase.
Also, RomaSaGa 2 is really fucking short after a few replays, RomaSaGa 3 wasn't that big but it had much more to do.
>>
File: No Temptation at all.jpg (277KB, 680x486px) Image search: [Google]
No Temptation at all.jpg
277KB, 680x486px
A bit late but threadly reminder.
>>
>>2811196
>Point is RomaSaGa 3 is really easy to get into, has great graphics and music and a bit of everything the series had to offer until then with some polish too.
SaGa Frontier literally does every single thing here better
>>
>>2811768
SF's graphics were shit, the balance was fucked sideways, is incomplete, and running is like trying to speedrun a Bubsy game.

Only good thing is the background graphics and the characters.
>>
>>2811768
SaGa Frontier had terrible graphics even by the time it came out, the only visual saving grace is coreography which is still the best in the series for me, but with Minstrel Song and Unlimited that's still arguable.

Also, have you completely forgotten the usual rant about people who didn't know what the fuck they were doing and why?
Frontier sure doesn't fuck you in the ass from the beginning but it sure suffered from being way too open and with little general direction, that's one of the main complaints with the game, RomaSaGa 3 was much more tight in giving you quests and destinations.

Frontier also didn't have the same batle complexity as RomaSaGa 3, no formations, no fusion spells or formation techs, only three types of weapons, sure, they reintroduced the GB SaGa races but they left out a lot of what the Romancing series established in terms of battle mechanics. Even something as simple as embedded debuff chances in attacks is almost gone, though it was luckily picked up again with Frontier 2, if you wanted to use something refined as inflicting debuffs or statuses you had to use monsters, the most complex and non user friendly race, and even then you'd need to spend a lot of time messing around trying to figure out which monsters gives you which attack and grind them for hours in case the attack you wanted was one of those with single digit chances of learning, RomaSaGa 3 was much more straightforward in that.

Not to say it was a complete step back mind you, we still get combos which became another of the big staples of the series, magic was arguably easier to get compared to the previous entries and picked up a bit of everything from the series, from spells that created items to pure buffs and debuffs, it was pretty great, and again we got monsters, mecha and "espers" back which was awesome but I'd still say Romancing SaGa 3 had more to offer than Frontier at the end of the day and it was more polished overall.
>>
>>2812828
I wish there was Saga Frontier: Lute's Song or something that does what MS did for the original RS - tighten up all the mechanics of that particular subseries and add in stuff that "couldn't make it in the original" due to time constraints or just being broken into 6 thousand pieces (which for SF would be things like Fuse quest and a whole bunch of Asellus's scenario)

Such a pipe dream now though.
>>
File: abc.jpg (241KB, 1920x1077px) Image search: [Google]
abc.jpg
241KB, 1920x1077px
So I just finished this game with a pretty standart party. Really didn't have any problems with the game except the final fights (also the fact that I only learned that I could revive KO'd characters with normal healing items in the final boss, holy fuck if I knew that before).

I'm planning to play it again with a full mage party, I got sorta bored of the "just spam strongest waza" playstyle since the only magic I ever used was Dragon God and Quick Time.

I think I'm gonna play Frontier now, since I have a boner for toku.
>>
File: SaGaFrontier Episode Red.jpg (2MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SaGaFrontier Episode Red.jpg
2MB, 1500x1000px
>>2813285
>Standard party
>Katarina, Harid, Robin and Boston
I'll give you that Haoran isn't that hot but that's pretty much a party of cuntdestroyers right there.
>I'm planning to play it again with a full mage party
Are you going to do a Master Magician run? Good luck with that, it's kinda boring to get through for a long while but it's pretty stimulating because it forces you to explore the magic system fully.
>I think I'm gonna play Frontier now, since I have a boner for toku.
You're my nigger Anon, I'm sure you'll love Red's story, it's full of great Toku goodness.
>>
>>2813302
Well by standard I meant that all these characters are obtainable pretty early on the game. Except for Boston of course but he's a motherfucking lobster so I needed him. I also tried not having possible main characters in my party but I got Harid very early just to finish my party and he became retardedly strong so I couldn't remove him.

I really wanted to play a mage party because I couldn't find any use for really cool characters like Undine, Yuki and Fullbright. I didn't play them a lot but I'm pretty sure Undine and Yuki can't handle weapons.so they're really dependent on their spells.
>>
File: 3531416.jpg (30KB, 329x261px) Image search: [Google]
3531416.jpg
30KB, 329x261px
>>2813396
Ah, I see what you mean then.

Well, if you want to build a party of good spellcasters the best MC for that is Thomas since he has the potential highest raw Int ratings of all characters(26), but given that there is a glitch to remove the MC and make any character you want your new MC I don't know how relevant that could be for most people, the other mages you'd want to have are Undine, obviously, Fullbright, Bai Mei Nyang and either Yan Fan or Tiberius, Muse is also a pretty good choice since she can get her magic crown pretty easily, but needs some serious nurturing, Sharl can be a great Fire caster and also a good tank.

Be wary that using Magic means you won't be able to inflict much damage at all normally, even using formations your output is significantly lower than farting waza all day with Harid or Katarina, same with Shadow Servant shenanigans, not to mention you'll probably run out of JP much faster than TP for most of the game.
That said there's quite a few spells you can abuse, not as many as RomaSaGa 2 or Frontier/Frontier 2 but it's still pretty viable unlike some other games in the series like Minstrel Song.
>>
Whoa, we almost got down to the bottom pages in a few hours.
Is /vr/ getting faster?
>>
File: HISR.png (347KB, 532x481px) Image search: [Google]
HISR.png
347KB, 532x481px
>>
File: 14613594_p0.jpg (832KB, 1000x989px) Image search: [Google]
14613594_p0.jpg
832KB, 1000x989px
>New SaGa announced
>Guts got off the boat

2015 sure is a weird year.
>>
I restarted SaGa Frontier 2 yesterday, on a new game+ file to mess around a bit.
It's funny how if you go straight to the final boss battle you can have all party members in the intro instead of just the four you chose, too bad it's impossible to win.
>>
So I just started Saga Frontier. Is Alkaiser a noob trap or something? Can he get stats in fights? Or should I just use Red everytime? Also I know the transformation conditions but after I recruit other characters I cant trabsform anymore? Is that right?
>>
>>2817254
Yes, he can't gain stats so you probably want to stay as Red most of the time.

He automatically changes for most of his important storyline battles though and the end game is entirely done in Alkaiser form so you probably won't have too much trouble learning his unique and powerful techs - no need to go out of your way or anything
>>
>>2817254
>>2817254
Alkaiser gets a huge stat boost from his sword, I believe it's around 15-25 to all stats, can't remember the exact value.
Once you turn into Alkaiser you can't get stats, you can't turn into alkaiser if you have Humans/Mystics/Monsters on normal conditions while fighting because muh secret identity, mechas are cool though, because mechas are bros who won't tell anyone your secrets.
So unless your party is either made of mechas or you have everything but Alkaiser suffering from a status effect like Paralysis or KO'd you can't transform.

The upside of the henshin is that you're immune from status effects and transforming overrides those too, you get a huge boost to all stats and can also learn exclusive waza that can be used only by Alkaiser, most are just special waza with slightly higher damage modifiers than most, but others like Al-Phoenix or Re Al-Phoenix are very strong, Final Crusade is also one of the few waza who can cure everyone in the party which is a really powerful tool and you learn it in a boss event too so you don't need to hope you spark it somewhere.

In short, Alkaiser punishes you by abusing its form since you can't level up stats but it shines in boss battles and can be very useful to turn the tables when you're in troubles.
>>
>>2817269
Alkaiser transformation equips the Ray Sword which gives +15 to all stats and let's you spark Bright Fist and Bright Kick.

Recovers all HP
Removes Status Effects
Can transform if no human or monster isn't dead or blind.
>>
>>2817254
Once you get rolling you'll find you won't need the transformation to get by.

The only parts of Saga Frontier that can fuck you are points of no return where you're not able to prepare afterwards.
So keep a spare save before agreeing to jump to the next plot point. Even if you're feeling confident.

>>2817237
Aren't there weaker monsters you can grind on?

It's probably a matter of equipment though.
>>
>>2817314
>Aren't there weaker monsters you can grind on?
You get straight to the final battle once you select the event from the map.
No dungeon
No monsters
Final Destination
>>
>>2817407
Oh. Literally the Final Battle.

One time I ended up with young Gustave, alone, in Laubolzh Tower and tried grinding him up to solo. Could never deal with instant death
>>
>>2817446
>young Gustave, alone, in Laubolzh Tower

Gee, must have been tough against the minibosses there.
Gustave is pretty damn useful against the Megalith Beast though, he's a pretty powerful heavy hitter if you're trying to kill it with a low level party, though my best fight against the Monolith Beast was a Diana+Rich duo, Diana is so obscenely strong compared to Rich, the Knights really had good taste in women.
>>
>>2817452
What the fuck was up with Diana anyway?

She's just some random bumpkin living on the edge of civilization, wearing a full dress, probably heels, yet is proficient in every single weapon and magic.

Maybe she's the chosen one, maybe an Edelritter
>>
File: Ginnydiana.jpg (73KB, 545x440px) Image search: [Google]
Ginnydiana.jpg
73KB, 545x440px
>>2817467
I don't know, maybe she was one of those naturally gifted people like the Knights family, why she's the best warrior bar none in the game is a complete mystery though, her terrifying physical strength doesn't really add up.

Maybe they just wanted to add the classic female character who's good at everything like other games but got a little carried away, Ginny is also pretty similar to Diana, the only difference is that Ginny is mainly tuned for swords and staves while Diana can use everything well.
>>
>>2817494
I vaguely remember that your character's current age effects their stats in some semi visible way.
I think her being in her 20s might have had something to do with her power.

Maybe there was some unseen positive force working against the egg and Diana was it. I know it's the name of some Moon Goddess.
>>
>>2817537
>maybe there was some unseen positive force working against the egg and Diana was it.

Nah, I think you're overanalyzing it, iirc not even the novel pointed out Diana being someone special.

Though there were two other Diana in the series, Albert's sister and a female Imperial Guard in RomaSaGa 2, neither of those were as good as SaGa Frontier 2 Diana though, well, maybe RomaSaGa 2 Diana kinda was since she's one of the upper tier in her class, but she's still not really that amazing.
>>
>>2817568
I thought it was reaching too.

I just wonder since there's so much detail and back information about the character's and the world that I just assume there are no happy accidents and Diane was there for Rich on purpose just like most of Game of Thrones plot is all subterfuge
>>
>>2817575
I wonder about that, after all Rich was a ladies' man, Julia's character exists to point that out, unfortunately.
I guess he simply found happiness with Diana being a good woman, Wil had it better with Cordelia being his bodyguard instead of a noraml encounter, but still I don't really dislike how Rich and Diana hooked up.
I mean, you could also argue that Leslie existed just to give Gustave a self respect boost and someone to talk to, but that's really a bit too much for me, it's just a story at the end of the day and you gotta make it work somehow, the problem is that when the narrative is so barren, like Frontier 2, it's easy to suspend your disbelief, or rather not have it at all.

Kinda like how convenient it was for Gustaf to have Gustave's sword by the end of the game, like, why the fuck would Ventarbre not give it to him from the start? He's the last legitimate heir to Finney's lineage, he didn't even get that shit until South Moundtop.
>>
>>2817592
I thought the idea was that he already had Gustave's Sword just that no one recognized either the Firebrand or the Gustave until his identity is revealed.
Now I haven't played in ages so maybe I'm wrong about his Steel Sword, and maybe he did get an upgrade.

It still annoys me that the guide says Gustaf will join the Battle of South Moundrop but he never ever does.

Same with the Johann fight to the death with scorpion poison, it said you fight til death with Gustave, but he just dies off screen. Which really led into the mystery of Fake Gustave
>>
>>2817637
Ventarbre gives him the sword before he goes to help David fight off Fake Gustave's army, which was basically already over by the time he got there anyway.
He doesn't join simply because things were already over, he just helped finishing off the troops that were stll fighting and then searched for Fake Gustave's body.
And yeah, Johann's last moments would have been a lot better if they actually made it as it was supposed to be like in the novel, but then again, he would have had a couple of scenarios too with both Ventarbre and Gustave but they cut those out too.
I can only hope that if they eventually release an uncut version they'd integrate all the parts of the novel in the game, the plot would be much more clear than it is now and some characters would get some much needed characterization, because I love Johann even with only one scenario but after seeing all the stuff they left out I couldn't help but getting mad.
>>
>>2817657
There's a novel?

Is it translated somshwere?
>>
>>2817739
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B5%E3%82%AC%E3%83%95%E3%83%AD%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2%E3%80%882%E3%80%89%E3%83%B4%E3%82%A1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%8B%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BB%E3%83%8A%E3%82%A4%E3%83%84%E7%89%A9%E8%AA%9E-%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%9F%E9%80%9A%E6%96%87%E5%BA%AB-%E3%81%98%E3%82%87%E3%81%86%E3%82%82%E3%82%93-%E5%BC%A5%E7%94%9F/dp/4757205899
I think someone on gamefaqs ages ago bought it and made a handy recap of all the events exclusive to it, you might want to look there.

It expands Cielmer and Sophie's story and relationship, turns out Cielmer was an anima fundamentalist asshole who got changed by Sophie's idea that Anima isn't what makes a person human and fell in love with her.
Wil and Cody's story and canonizes Cody dying by the hands of Alexei, so the official canon is that Wil is married to Labelle, though he is still in love with Cody, Johann story is expanded as well and he's shown slowly getting eroded by the poison's effect, Ventarbre tries desperately to save him together with Gustave for 6 years but ultimately fails, there are also some very nice parts where Johan acts as bodyguard to Gustave during political meetings and he also explains why he swore loyalty to Gustave too.

The events at the south fort are also explained in depth as it turns out everything was organized by the Scorpions who were acting under the Anima Faith iirc, Johann doesn't die to monsters but rather loses to Judah, the assassin who poisons him in the cutscene but goes out like a fucking hero grabbing Judah's leg clinging to the last ounce of his strength and casts Incineration on himself to BTFO Judah, Gustave dies fighting the monsters alone without ever giving up.

Fake Gustave turns out to be a random general from the southern lands who found the Egg and got possessed by it.

All the rest is mostly the same.
When the Egg is destroyed Wil feels Cordelia's Anima and breaks down crying ;_;
>>
What's a good starting set-up for Harid in Bokuno? Same as Vanilla?
>>
>>2818690
You mean the stuff you choose at MC selection?
>>
new update
>Ougi and Mikiri for new characters
>>
>>2819102
>>2818690
Isn't Harid the same in Bokuno?
You could give him something like Great Swords or Axes if you want a bit more strength.
>>2819102
>Ougi and Mikiri for new characters
FUCKING FINALLY

Cool to see Paulus &Co being playable, Volcano too.
>>
>>2819109
>Isn't Harid the same in Bokuno?
You can get true Kamsheen later (45 power) and putting it on Harid will increase his stats and change apperance
>>
>>2819090
Yeah, the MC customization start at the beginning.

>>2819102
This update doesn't really matter for me because I'm not pulling on the banner BUT it has a hidden "quality of life" update where hitting an enemy with their type weakness now displays a message telling you so.
>>
>>2819116
How much does he get from the Kamsheen?
Bokuno afaik is pretty broken in terms of balance so it's not like you're going to fuck up that bad anyway.
>>2819131
Well, actually there are a quite a few good things, events now give you much better rewards, Arakes' 6* gives you something like 120 crows and 16 crystals if you complete it 100 since apparently events now gives you double the rewards for a 100% and gets progressively higher amounts of crowns too.
And with Mikiri now life will be much easier against bosses who love to spam attacks, I couldn't progress much in the Nisa Trials because that goddamn Guardian spammed his poison attack each turn for 300 damage to everyone, with Mikiri at least I can still stand a fair chance like in the original games.
I'll be honest, I would have never ever thought they would add Mikiri, it greatly surpassed my expectations this time, now if they actually make magic work like actual magic...
>>
>>2819143
>Mikiri talk
Maybe I'm reading the update wrong (my Japanese is crap), but aren't the Mikiri skills only limited to those specific banner characters?

That's why I said it won't be affecting me that much - don't plan to pull now and I'm probably not lucky enough to pull them anyway.
>>
新システム『見切り』登場!!

敵の使用する強力な技を高確率で回避する『見切り』が登場!

※特定の家臣のみが固有で習得しています。
※見切りを発動させるには技/術の欄に装備する必要があります。
※見切りの発動率は家臣のレアリティによって異なります。

Yes, those skills are limited to drawn characters, but it doesn't specify whether it's exclusive for only those, keep in mind that 4* Nora or 5* Monica are the old card and they didn't have Mikiri before the update, I guess they'll keep implementing them throughout the roster with each update.

It also doesn't specify whether it's a waza that can be also inherited through the dojo, but I guess it is since it's a waza you must equip in the standard action menu and not a separate mechanic like Mystic's Haunt.
>>
>>2819131
>Yeah, the MC customization start at the beginning.
I never paid attention to it, I guess you can start with axes if you want some more str
>>2819143
>How much does he get from the Kamsheen?
+2 to str/spd and +1 to rest
>Bokuno afaik is pretty broken in terms of balance so it's not like you're going to fuck up that bad anyway.
It's definitely more balanced than aabeta and the creator actually nerfs OP stuff (Esper was nerfed), but yeah, it's not that hard.
>>
>>2819147
>>2819153
The only mikiri you can have now is "Teravoice" anyway
>>
>>2819159
>+2 to str/spd and +1 to rest
Pretty broken but I guess you need it for the HP sponges they put in there.
>>2819162
And Terror Voice doesn't even hit you all that much in Imperial anyway, confusion only lasts for one or two turns anyway, Charm is much more troublesome.
>>
Some new events to normal storyline
>>
Is there any tricks for Kujinshi in Mikhail/Harid/Katarina's scenario in Bokuno? I already found the dead guy who gives Soul Steal evasion.

For some reason my save file deleted itself so I had to do it all over again but I only won the first time because I randomly tech'd a 500 damage move that killed him before his regeneration could kick in. I can't really rely on lightning to strike twice.
>>
>>2819260
Cool, SaGa Frontier 2 SOON.
>>2819271
You can't really do much against Soul Steal except having the Mikiri, what's the problem with Kujinshi? He shouldn't be that much of a fight besides Soul Steal instantly killing your main.
>>
>>2819317
Mikhail and Kat do pretty terrible damage with their Epees (despite them having like 28 and 30 power respectively...) and Harid is the only one who can deal anything to his 133 HP regeneration.

Anyway I did repeat the battle until I eventually tech'd something and win so there's that. Feels like I missed something though.
>>
>>2819337
>Mikhail and Kat do pretty terrible damage with their Epees
Really?
I'm pretty sure Mikhail's Snake Shot can do more than enough damage, but then again I don't have much knowledge of Bokuno.
I guess you could grind the monsters in the castle a bit if you find it so tough.
>>
>>2819337
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUXtMmZ_og
I don't really see any special tricks here unless you forgot to hide Katarina equipment
>>
New thread
>>2819719
>>2819719
>>2819719
Thread posts: 515
Thread images: 123

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.