[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo Virtual Boy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: Virtual-Boy-Set.png (335KB, 640x813px) Image search: [Google]
Virtual-Boy-Set.png
335KB, 640x813px
Just bought one on ebay with a bunch of games. Share your stories, opinions, memories, recommendations, etc...
>>
I never experienced any discomfort from the VB screens.

I used to lay on the couch with the VB balanced on my face and play hours of Teleroboxer.
>>
File: VBWL-Demon_Head_Screenshot.png (7KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
VBWL-Demon_Head_Screenshot.png
7KB, 384x224px
>>2383841

>I used to lay on the couch with the VB balanced on my face and play hours of Teleroboxer.

Same, suppossedly it isn't good to use it that way because even a slight move while the screens are spinning might damage them.

Never had any problem though.

OP, which games did you got? whole library is about 20 games. Most of them are worth playing, just avoid Waterworld unless you can get it for dirt cheap because that game is not very good.

There's also a flashcart called Flash Boy which not only lets you play all the VB games but also homebrew stuff like the newly released Snatcher VB port, or unreleased games like High Bound.
>>
>>2383849
>which games did you got?
Vertical Force, Baseball, Teleroboxer, Panic Bomber, Tennis, Mario Clash, Galactic Pinball, Wario Land, Red Alarm
>>
>>2383834
Spend more than four hours on it without a break and you'll... see... EVERYTHING.
>>
File: vbpocket.png (298KB, 424x713px) Image search: [Google]
vbpocket.png
298KB, 424x713px
>>
recommended games?
>>
File: Virtual Boy.png (23KB, 1030x396px) Image search: [Google]
Virtual Boy.png
23KB, 1030x396px
Question to anyone who actually owned Virtual Boy back when it was new: What did you think about it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyVAp0tOk5A
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111KB, 1156x779px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111KB, 1156x779px
>>2384241
>>
>>2383834
I remember seeing them on display at ToysRus. I was under 13 at the time and was sad I couldn't try the demo display one. It said 13 and up only.
>>
File: HDN - nintendofags get BTFO.jpg (755KB, 768x2144px) Image search: [Google]
HDN - nintendofags get BTFO.jpg
755KB, 768x2144px
>>2383834
>>
>>2383863

Pretty good selection.

If you feel like spending some dosh, you could try to get Jack Bros., and there's more games that were exclusively released on Japan, like SD Gundam Dimension Wars, Innsmouth no yakata, V-tetris, Space Invaders Collection, Space Squash... or just get the Flash boy flashcart, because most of these are rare and expensive as fuck.
>>
Warioland and Teleroboxer are great. Mario Tennis and Galactic Pinball are average. Red Alarm is shit strangely I loved it as a kid, but I find it borderline unplayable now. Those are the only games I own for it.

Spent a few 10+ hour stretches playing it as a kid, never had a problem. Don't know what's wrong with all these faggots who claimed it caused them problems, they're either just regurgitating memes or are giant faggots who probably bitch about nausea just driving in cars.

It's too bad the VB died off before we got any games that really pushed the system.
>>
>>2384375

It's a meme, most people never played a real VB, at most they emulated it, and pretend the VB is HILARIOUSLY!XD bad because of AVGN.

The main prblem the VB has is the ergonomic design, rather than eye strain, you will have neck pain, but that's something only people who actually played with one would know.
Never had any issues with my eyes either, and never experienced motion sickness with it.
>>
>>2384391
Never had any neck problems. Just sat it on a desk and played, perfectly comfortable.

I don't think anything like that was responsible for the system failing, anyways. More likely it's the fact that the system didn't fill any specific niche. It definitely wasn't suited for mobile gaming. It was only portable in the sense that it had a self contained display so you could relatively easily take it over to a friend's house or wherever. So basically it was a competing with home consoles, which it didn't have a chance of against in terms of graphics, game selection, multiplayer, etc...
>>
I'm really excited for it to come in. My girlfriend and I are hoping to track down all the games eventually. Seems like a cool collection to have.
>>
File: vbc.jpg (39KB, 850x690px) Image search: [Google]
vbc.jpg
39KB, 850x690px
>>2384393

I have to put a few books under the VB to be able to play it comfortably, otherwise I have to make an awkward position to play it. Or just do the lay on bed and balance VB on my head position.

And yeah, the VB is a very interesting piece of history, Nintendo's biggest failure for sure, and Yokoi's last creation within the company (sans the GB Pocket, which was a "farewell" gift from him to Nintendo).
The 3D effect on it is pretty good, most of the games on it range from decent to great, but it has a lot of factors against it, like the red monochrome screens, I personally don't mind it, in fact I love it, but many people find it too weird, I guess.
Then yeah, the fact it's neither a portable device, nor a home console.
It was also marketed as a "virtual reality" system, but most of the games are 2D (with a 3D effect for added layers), the only first person shooter on it is Innsmouth no yakata and it was only released in Japan.

The VB is just too weird, I can see why it couldn't make it. But personally it fascinates me.
>>
>>2384397
>girlfriend
Hipster faggots
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.