[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are so many SM mons either OU and beyond or PU shitmons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1418053026245.png (16KB, 729x515px) Image search: [Google]
1418053026245.png
16KB, 729x515px
Why are so many SM mons either OU and beyond or PU shitmons
>>
Even though Game Freak is ok at balancing single player, they've always been terrible at balancing multiplayer.
>>
>>33557336
because game freak is incompetent
>>
They're all gimmicks. The only ones that aren't have the gimmick of being SM mons that don't have gimmicks.
>>
>>33557336
speed
>>
>>33557336
A few of them, like Oricorio and Oranguru are geared towards doubles.
>>
>>33557336
Because the official format is VGC.
>>
>>33557336
Anon, half of all fully evolved pokemon are PU. I'd say the alola mons are distributed as well as expected.
>>
File: smgoon.png (516KB, 1300x2983px) Image search: [Google]
smgoon.png
516KB, 1300x2983px
>Ubers: Lunala, Solgaleo, Pheromosa, Zygarde-C and Marshadow
>OU: Celesteela, Ash Greninja, Kartana, Magearna, Mimikyu, Alolan Marowak and Ninetales, Koko, Bulu, Fini, Lele, and Toaxapex
>BL: Buzzwole and Xurkitree
>UU: Alolan Muk, Nihilego, Primarina
>BL2: Zygarde 10%
>RU: Araquanid, Bewear, Bruxish, Comfey, Decidueye, Dhelmise, Golisopod, Kommo-o, Salazzle, Tsareena
>BL3: Necrozma, Ribombee
>NU: Inceniroar, Minior, Alolan Sandslash, Vikavolt
>BL4: None
>PU: the rest
>>
>>33557483
Sometimes I wonder if any of the old box legendaries in Ubers aren't too strong for modern OU.
Seems like the kind of thing that would never actually get tested.
>>
>>33558092
Kyurem-B
>>
>>33558092
looking at their stats and movepool I highly doubt they wouldn't break the place
maybe palkia in a gen or 2
>>
Game freak doesn't know how to balance in the slightest and this isint simply a "Not all pokemon are meant to be good" mentality. No one expects Raticate to go head on head with Dragonite and have it go 50/50 chance of beating it every time, Of course through the mix ups of abilities, stats, typing, movepools and general location of when you find a pokemon/orginal intended storyline use, there are some pokemon that wont necessarily be as good as others. There are only so many roles pokemon can play before you have to start comparing physical attackers to physical attackers, and walls to walls.

But really the gap between them could be a lot smaller, and I think if GF actually put effort and thought into it, you could still have all the different tiers but not have them be so absolutely drastic.

Kricktune, Dustox, Ledian, Magcargo, Sunflora, Delcatty, Lumineon are just a few examples of pokemon that are just so god awful, even a pokemon like Stoutland look like a top tier threat. There is really no real reason these things have to be so absolutely trash, even within the "gameplay" mentality. Magcargo and Lumineon are both found relatively late in the game, so by the standards we have set they should be something decent that made the worth wait it, but both fail miserably at being anything worth your time.

Even pokemon with huge gimmicks get shit on. Castform was a really neat idea, but its stats are so absolutely garbage that the weather theme is just put to waste. It could of been fixed if it had simply just been the main form with those stats and the weather forms changed said stats one it had transformed. Then look at Pukumuku. It had one job, one neat gimmick. To make sweepers scared to set up in case it took them down with them with innards out. All it needed was high health, and low defenses. GF did the exact oppisite and now its pretty much bottom of the barrel.

Not all mons should be OU, but most mons dont need to be as bad as they are.
>>
>>33558092
Even shit like Arceus-Ice would crap all over OU. Ho-Oh shits all over physical attackers, laughs at special hits, and regenerates, and breaking through Multiscale Lugia would suck. Kyogre still hits like a nuke, regular Groudon is still tanky and offers a lot of support...

Like fuck, most of the Ubers definitely deserve to be there
>>
>>33558092
The only ones that probably would have a chance are the shittier Deoxys forms (Deoxys-S and Deoxys-D) but even then they would be top tier in OU. Also Mega Metagross which is getting unbanned next gen.
>>
>>33559118
Arceus-Ice is actually viable in Ubers, unlike some Arceus forms.
>>
File: 1406025992676.jpg (87KB, 588x437px) Image search: [Google]
1406025992676.jpg
87KB, 588x437px
>>33557354
>>
File: 1418053026245.png (22KB, 729x515px) Image search: [Google]
1418053026245.png
22KB, 729x515px
>>33557336
>>
File: 1502156059496.jpg (20KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1502156059496.jpg
20KB, 251x251px
>>33557483
>Golisopod is so good it stays out of PU despite emergency exit
>>
>>33560737
C- in RU
>>
Smogonfags get out to the wall
>>
>>33560737
More like it's the next Ambipom
>>
>>33558092
Do you think Deoxys-S would fit in OU?
>>
>>33561049
actually, I don't really use smogon or showdown outside of random matches and hackmons, I just think it's rather weak for a banlist.
>>
The annoying part is that many alola mon could legitimately be great if their movepools were so embarrassingly shallow and their stats were altered a bit since they're so dang slow compared to older gen mon,
>>
>>33561049

Still amazes me how people who don't play the metagame feel like they have to comment on something that doesn't concern or affect them. In 2017, nonetheless.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.