[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has finally settled. How much of this still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: G7.png (399KB, 780x1300px) Image search: [Google]
G7.png
399KB, 780x1300px
Now that the dust has finally settled.
How much of this still holds true, and what's no longer true?
>>
>>33556685
Its another genwar bait thread. If you wanted a genwar you should have picked a better gen
>>
>>33556685
we need an objective list, not opinions
i was making one myself but i got lazy
>>
>When using L=A mode, the R button does not function
doesnt every gen do it like this?
i realize that doesn't excuse it but if this is supposed to be about g7 shouldnt it be things specific to these games?
>>
File: IMG_2186.jpg (417KB, 2002x959px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2186.jpg
417KB, 2002x959px
>>33556759
I made this a long time ago.
>>
>>33556685
Extreme autism ahead.
>possibly right on the handholding, absolutely not on the casual
>fair enough
>fair enough
>don't give a shit
>and? nihilego does
>fair enough
>no one gives a shit
>no one gives a shit
> >turn based game being unplayable due to framerate
>and? it has its own
>not a flaw
>XY was more linear
>?
>subjective
>literally 7 of them, only one less than gyms
>implying this was different in earlier games
>fair enough
>fair enough
>and?
>and?
>m-muh speed
>and?
>and?
>fair enough
>don't give a shit
>don't give a shit
>just inject lol
>don't give a shit
>very rarely
>objectively false
>fair enough
>ok
>just inject lol
>same as above
>fair enough
>fair enough
>slowpoke.jpg
>don't give a shit, but i'll give you that one
TLDR: Mostly shit list with some good points.
>>
>>33556789
Is my list shit as well?
>>
>>33556685
I actually like the list.
Just one thing, you can level up from 64 or so to 98 using 2 lvl 5 restaurants. That said, theat's only for un mon per day and they cost a lot of points
>>
>>33556685
>It's a bit more challenging than XYORAS.
>There is a lot of story. Whether or not this is a problem will differ from person to person. A Pokemon game not feeling like an adventure is not an objective flaw, but a personal one. And a Hawaiian region resembling a series of tourist traps sounds pretty true to life.
>Doesn't really mean anything. The game has a handful of characters who stay relevant the entire time, not everybody needs to be around all the time.
>This is true. I thought I would like it before release, but it's fucking terrible.
>Not really anything objective, but I agree that it sucks that they didn't get more main-game presence.
>Doesn't seem much more empty than most first-release games in a generation. Battle Tree gets written off a lot, maybe fairly, but it's better than Maison.

>Don't think this is exclusive to SM, also a really minor complaint, though a fair one.
>Good.
>It's a turn-based game, so no, the exceptionally bad cases aren't even close to "unplayable", but it is bad.

>Sure, though this is minor.
>Pointless complaint. The point of PokeRide is so you don't have to use your own Pokemon.

>Sure, although linearity isn't an inherent flaw. I suppose it is if "adventure" is the appeal of these games to you.
>The number of cities and towns are fine. I agree that it's lacking in dungeons and other larger areas.
>Subjective. Trials offer something new, gyms are just mandatory trainer battles. Lots of gyms didn't have puzzles either, and most of the ones that did were mind-numbingly simple.
>There are seven, and they make up the game progression only when combined with Kahunas, of which there are four.
>The only crystals you just get handed or find are Fairy, Flying, Ice, and Psychic. Two are endgame and two are hidden.

>Sure.
>This is only a problem when coupled with some other returning Pokemon who are way too common in lots of different routes.
>>
>>33557042
>Not every Pokemon needs to be OU-tier.
>Not actually a flaw, just strange. Mostly done for flavour where the original ability name wouldn't make sense given the design of the new mon (like Alola Dugtrio with Gooey).
>Not a flaw. Speedcreep is an epidemic, and they're all perfectly usable in-game.

>Only currently gen 1. There are like 20. There's nothing wrong with them being weaker, they have no duty to act as balancing.
>Why does this list take so much issue with the idea that not every character in the story needs to show up in every scene? A cameo is a cameo.
>A bit annoying, would be nice to get a list once you reach post-game.

>Sure.
>You can use it infinitely if you leave before completing all 10 turns. It does give less experience though.
>How long it takes to do these things depends on the player. They're very useful for situations where you can't just easily re-breed.
>Sure.

>Not if you know to keep status moves on-hand. Someone in-game should probably mention it.
>Not really worse than hordes because of the power item buffs. Saying that the power item buffs would be even better with the old hordes is moot, they were clearly buffed explicitly to compensate because they want EV training to take a certain amount of time.
>Chaining sucked. You can check abilities if you have the right tools, and I believe IVs are guaranteed. You won't know in what, but I don't think chaining tells you that either.
>Fair.

>Sure.
>Sure.

>A really overblown complaint. The national dex does not enable you to catch all the Pokemon in it, so it being present wouldn't expand what you can capture. Nothing is mechanically lost by not having it, though there's also no real reason for them to not have added it.
>There is an area on Poni that only opens up in post-game and has Pokemon you couldn't catch beforehand. It isn't a large selection, but it does exist.
>Really bizarre, no idea why they did this.
>Sucks a lot. Worst change in the game.
>>
>Gen isn't even over yet
>"Now that the dust has finally settled."
Are you retarded OP?
>>
>>33557075
new pokemon = new gen :^)
>>
File: listfags_are_cancer.png (122KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
listfags_are_cancer.png
122KB, 893x1200px
>>33556685
(you)
>>
>>33556685
>20 legends
>cosmog line is 4
>UBs are 7
>necrozma is 1
>tapus are 4
>marshadow and magearna are 2

4+4+7+1+2=18
>>
>>33557138
Silvally, I guess?
>>
>>33557149
i suppose

either this was made after the direct (which would have Burst and IKEA bring it up to 20) or OP is a retarded "silvally is a legend"tard
>>
>>33557159
If the UBs are legendaries, so are Null and Silvally. It's in the data.
>>
>gen 1 list is nothing but objective glitches and serious balance oversights
>gen 7 has to gripe about subjective shit like a bunch of new abilities that are just renamed old abilities
>>
>>33557182

that's because gen 1 are actually fun games and people can only nitpick superficial shit like glitches (that every game back then had).

Gen 7 games are fundamentally flawed in concept and execution which makes them worse.
>>
>>33557232
mental olypmics contestant right here
>>
>>33556685
There is a breeding loop though retard. Did you even play the game?
>>
>>33557232
>people can only nitpick superficial shit like gamebreaking glitches

Yeah, "nitpick". And a game being old isn't an excuse for it being bad or having glitches. Gen 1 had tons of objective problems and most of them were just oversights by the developers.
>>
>>33557117
DonĀ“t forget "muh why does Cyrus have a Crobat if he has no emotions?" from people who completely miss the point of Cyrus' backstory.
>>
>>33557289

none of the glitches broke the game unless you actually were trying to break it. It's all dumb superficial shit that only looks bad if you put everything under a microscope
>>
File: 1504197209384.png (397KB, 893x2947px) Image search: [Google]
1504197209384.png
397KB, 893x2947px
>>33557337
At least try to make it look like you're not a blatant genwunner.
>>
pretty accurate list that sums up all of my problems with the games. They were still enjoyable but man they are some of the weakest in the series. at least the few good looking 3D environments that are there look really good and are an improvement over gen 6.
>>
>>33557344

you're literally just proving my point, idiot. Nothing you posted really makes the game worse or less fun to play, they're just random bugs with shitmoves you would delete anyway that hardly affect battles. Some of them aren't even glitches and are just the way things worked back then, but for some reason people think it's a glitch because it's not the way they work now.
>>
>>33557396
>"Nothing you posted really makes the game less fun to play"
>ice moves have a 10% chance to essentially instakill your mon.
Haha so much fun isn't it?
>>
>>33557583
>what is full heal

by the way go ahead and list all the pokemon that you face in-game that know Ice punch/Ice beam/Blizzard. Go ahead I'll wait.

(hint, it's literally just two pokemon, owned by the same trainer, that's an elite 4 member and meant to be difficult to take down)
>>
>>33557117
muh azure flute is a legitimate complaint
>>
>>33557117
>palkia looks like 2 penis and balls stacked on top of each other
>pink
gayest legendary ever?
>>
>>33556685
Are you kidding? It all holds true.
>>
>>33557759
keldeo exists
>>
>>33557117
Post the actual one. It's good for a laugh. Easily the best out of them all.
>>
File: setjk.gif (4MB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
setjk.gif
4MB, 893x1200px
>>33558533
I'm glad you like it.
>>
>>33558559
>it's a gif

>fair
>wow it's almost like pokemon isn't supposed to be linear wow
>fair

>fair
>fair
>le minor bug

>le minor bug II
>fair
>thats what u get for hacking

>you can't get stuck in snow
>fair
>factually untrue
>fair

>le minor bug III

>fair, but you can run from the start
>factually untrue
>untrue
>slots don't rely on luck but a skill-based game does, okay bud

>what is Porygon-Z, Weavile, Togekiss and Gallade

>fair
>le minor bug IV

>untrue
>hi Krisfag
>that should've been kept desu

>le minor bug V
>that's because it encourages you to trade you fucking NEET
>barry >friendly
nigga keeps charging u 10 mil and actually develops unlike the rest

>le minor bug VI
>kys for making it a gif
>>
>>33558588
>nigga keeps charging u 10 mil and actually develops unlike the rest
Don't be retarded, he doesn't change at all.
>actually develops unlike the rest
this is especially untrue
>>
>>33556685
>casualized, handholding
handholding yeah, casual no. weather you realize it or not, AI has been significantly improved, pokemon have higher IV's and some even EV's, this is the first time Ive had some challenge since gen 4. we would have felt this more if there were gyms honestly.

>framerate
Are you guys seriously that much of a PC fag to be bothered by this on a turn based game. although I think this could have been avoided if S/M was "new 3ds enhanced"

>lazy z crystals
agree, some that ddnt belong to key characters should have all had challenges/puzzles atleast in post game.

>bottle caps
because theyre meant more for legendaries and little kids or retards who dont know shit about breeding i guess.

>breeding loop
my circle pad clicks now sometimes :/
>>
>>33556685
Has a few subjective things, but overall it covers the issues with Gen 7 well
>>
>>33558588
You know you can do the bike map glitch without cheating and Arceus was available through event, right?
>>
>>33556685
I liked the feel of the region and the Pokemon designs marginally better than Gen VI, but the lag and the loading screens make me want to kms. The entire gen is severely lacking in the Speed stat to a fucking fault

Also:
>Expecting a decent story from Pokemon
You should learn by now that B2W2 was an anomaly
>>
>>33556685
Eh, the key thing is that it's better than any gen 4 or 5 game.
>>
>>33556685

There's only around 15 minutes worth of cutscenes in SM. Stop this meme.
>>
>>33557396
>Nothing you posted really makes the game worse or less fun to play
Psychic having no counters because Ghost was broken, only had one attack, and were weak to psychic is almost always the first complaint ANYONE has with gen 1. Even people who only played through the game once gripe about how overpowered psychic types were.
>>
>>33558755

>only 15min

More like 4-5+ movies put together
>>
>>33558755
>>33558892

Whoops forgot the link

https://youtu.be/r_MT9q54MGY
>>
>>33558901
Holy fucking christ.
>>
>>33558906
It pauses for a while with any text that you can continue yourself. The length is padded

Biggest evidence for this is the world record speed run being 5 hours and 13 minutes. Yet this video is claiming the cut scenes and mandatory text *alone* is nearly an hour longer
>>
>>33557168
source of data is OP's gaping ass

Type: Null and Shillvally have the same dex background as regular mons, dipshit
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (434KB, 1866x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
434KB, 1866x720px
>>33557159
>>33557168
>>33559152
It's a legendary, it says it in the data too.
>>
File: xy.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xy.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
>this game is the most casualised Pokemon has ever been
>>
>>33559209
>gen 1 starters in addition to gen 6 starters
>handholding out the ass
Still a fun game, how do I emulate this? I had my Y version stolen and don't intend on buying it twice.
>>
>>33559228
hack your 3ds
>>
>>33557724
You can get your ass handed to you in seafoam islands, since some dewgongs have ice beams
>>
>>33559228
Hack your 3DS, and ideally play a difficulty hack like Eternal X/Wilting Y so it's actually somewhat enjoyable and the main annoyances come from fucktarded characters, shit atmosphere and shit music.
>>
>>33558793
Yet you could easily counter them with selfdestruct or any strong physical attack
Because psychics have very low defenses
>>
>>33559269
If you even got a chance to move first
>>
>>33559279
Electrode always moves first
>>
>>33559234
>>33559263
ugh, why do I keep updating my N3DS
>>
>>33559269
Wouldn't it be nice if the game told you the difference between physical and special attacks? I mean, that list of glitches is one thing, but that's always been the most glaring flaw of gen 1 to me. At least gen 2 splits the special stat, so you can at least guess what it's used for.
>>
>the games do not feel like an adventure because I have ADHD and can't sit through a cutscene, but no story at all would
/vp/ is literally this retarded

also
>you should be able to use your own pokemon as ride pokemon, all 721 of them!!1!
this is as stupid of a suggestion as 'ALL REGIONS OPEN WORLD POKEMON MMO' is. It would literally be no different from HMs, which were garbage but I suspect there are retards in this thread who want them back. If you run a team with no pokemon that can swim, for instance, you've have to go and fucking replace one of your team members with one that can, just like fucking cutslaves. You retards. The same people clamoring for this are probably calling GF incompetent too, as if this wouldn't be a massive fucking waste of time.

SM hate is a bandwagon that will clear up after the next games come out and are inevitably 'the worst in the franchise,' you emotional and impulsive retards.
>>
>>33559312
The games do not feel like an adventure because the gameplay is repeatedly broken up by inane dialogue and fade-to-black transition scenes. People aren't annoyed that it's happening once or twice, they're annoyed because it happens constantly.
>>
>>33559312
While most SM hate is fucking retarded I actually don't really like ride Pokemon all that much, it contributes to a slight 'tourist trap' atmosphere than SM had at the beginning (and cleared up after Akala island). I'd vastly prefer some sort of HM compromise where you just need the HM in your inventory and a compatible Pokemon.

>b-but what if I want an all-fire team
Then too bad, you're on an adventure so you better have Pokemon that can fucking swim

And besides, if OP didn't make the chart, then he's fucking retarded for believing it's anything but b8
>>
>>33557117
>being this mad over a bunch of kilobiytes.
>>
>>33558644
The framerate is really bad in Gen 7, Alolasome, to the point there it persists for seconds after you choose your moves at times. It adds a lot of unnecessary time waste.
>>
>>33557317
Well, what's the point?
>>
>>33559537
I've never encountered this problem before and I almost exclusively play doubles on BT and BS.
Are you sure it isn't because one of the pokemon in battle is afflicted by a status condition? because the animation for that plays first before doing a move and has been that way since gen 6, also are you playing with an old 3ds?
>>
>>33556685
Pretty accurate.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.