[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2DS-XL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 2ds.jpg (12KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
2ds.jpg
12KB, 300x270px
soup /vp/

is it worth buying the 2DS-XL solely for playing Pokemon X / Y, and Pokemon Sun . Moon?

I haven't played Pokemon since having a DS and Pokemon Diamond
>>
I think it's basically the same hardware but it's slimmer with no 3d feature. I think it's worth it.
>>
>>33556313
Honestly no, but the 3ds library is so great there are games to make it worth it.
>>
>>33556325
i've heard the 3D feature is fairly useless and rarely comes into use. I'm mainly PC master race / gaymer, so I haven't had a console or hand held in 10 years
>>
>>33556313

For only two games? Probably not.
However from what I heard the 3DS family is now extremely easy to hack, so it might be worth it if you're into that and don't want to pay for the games.
>>
>>33556338
Anon, 3D is wonderfull no Joke. Maybe not for pokemon, but for games with more action like Zelda whew or even for SMT it is much much more fun.

I would always recommend n3DS XL because 3D is great and would have wished it would have taken much more. It needs polish yes, but it´s fucking awesome in games.
>>
Consider getting a copy of BW 1+2 and do a playthrough.

IMO some of the best titles in the series, and it's unique in being a two part game.
>>
You didn't miss anything. 3ds games are medicore
>>
>>33556313
Id say yeah if you want it as a Pokemon machine since you can play Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3 remakes and Gens 4-5 as well.
>>
if there were a working 3DS emulator / emulator for X / Y and S&M I would totally do that but..

>>33556375
I played through a ROM of it but for only 8 hours before I accidentally killed Volcarona in Relic Castle and mistakenly quick-loaded into a save that was 8 minutes into the save, so I rage quit.

maybe i'll try to do a playthrough again
>>33556347
>>33556369

the N2DS XL is only $199 CDN on Amazon, and X / Y / S & M are only $70 together, so maybe it isn't worth it but idk, I really miss playing Pokemon. I played Red / Silver / skipped gen III / played Diamond / played 8 hours into Black 2
>>
>>33556313
It will be expensive because its new, I suggest getting a second hand new 3ds xl. MAKE SURE YOU GET 'NEW'. Sun and moon is unplayable slow on old.
>>
>>33556313
Yes. These games are all good. They may not be the best but they're still good.
>>
>>33556430
cost isn't really a big deal, I just hear from reviews that the N2DS XL is better than the N 3DS, as 3D is rarely used, and that there's also some manufacturing quirks. And yeah I'm aware of the hardware overhaul between the new and old 3DS models.
>>
>>33556436
Don't lie to him
>>
File: 1505241242950.png (222KB, 464x277px) Image search: [Google]
1505241242950.png
222KB, 464x277px
>>33556313
>soup
>>
>>33556469
It's cheaper because it is, all around, not as nice a console. Obviously, no 3D, but also it's much lighter, feels slightly more flimsy, only has mono sound with a very shitty speaker placement, etc. It's by no means a bad product. It's not just a N3DSXL with no 3D, they made some other concessions.

That said, it does have some advantages too. One being that the cartridge slot actually has a fucking flap now. Why they moved it to the bottom on the N3DS and left it completely exposed is beyond me. It's so easy to accidentally pop the cartridge out. The other being that you don't have to pop the back plate off every time you want to access your SD card's files on your PC. Again, this is a fucking stupid design choice and I'm convinced Nintendo did it solely to annoy the homebrew community.
>>
File: 185256b28aee270b25b53399f50517e0.jpg (867KB, 856x1000px) Image search: [Google]
185256b28aee270b25b53399f50517e0.jpg
867KB, 856x1000px
I haven't played Pokermans or Gameboy since Pokemon Red, but I decided to pick up a 2dsXL and Omega Ruby since my nee job gies me loads of downtime. It's what, 6 weeks since they came out, and I've beat OR, replayed Red, almost done with Sun, and plan on grabing Y when I finish. I've also beat Starfox and Fire Emblem, and played all sorts of great old shit like Kirby thanks to the eShop.

I haven't played this video games this much in more than 10 years. Go for it, theyre definitly worth the money.
>>
>>33556403
If you miss playing Pokémon then go buy X/Y and S/M. I felt the same 3 years ago and decided to buy a 3DS with Y and I loved the feeling of a new Pokémon game. Most people here on /vp/ are very negative towards gen 6&7 but if you truly enjoy Pokémon and miss playing the games then just go for it, you'll most likely have a great time.
>>
>>33556313
I have one, and I love it. I would absolutely say it's worth it, especially if you don't plan on using 3D ever.
My only issue with it so far is that the door you open to put the game in doesn't close properly, and is always ever so slightly open.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.