[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an explanation for all of the real-world references

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 3.png (62KB, 500x204px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
62KB, 500x204px
Is there an explanation for all of the real-world references in Pokemon? Is the Pokemon Universe just identical to ours, just with an extra continent somewhere?

So far there's pic related: Parasect's PokeDex entry for FireRed and Stadium mentions China.
Lt. Surge is said to be "The Lightning American" and is also said to have been "a pilot when he served in America"
A scientist in Silph Company refers to a branch of Silph located in "Russia's No Man's Land"
Mew was discovered in Guyana, South America
Poliwrath is said to be able to swim across the Pacific Ocean
Delibird has been said to have helped an explorer reach the top of Mt. Everest, which has recently started to been covered up in ORAS as "the world's highest mountain"
>>
>>33556248
Gen 1-2 is the monster dimension in which pokemon are similar to cryptids having only been discovered recently which is why a ton about them isn't well known.

Gen 3-5 is the divine dimension in which pokemon have always lived with humans having been created by Arceus supported by DP library.

Gen 6-7 is the multiverse/energy dimension I guess, it's not really clear. Humans have lived with pokemon since the beginning, but whether Arcues did this or not is a mystery.
>>
>>33556248
The Dex is part lore, part folklore

Validity is constantly being challenged
>>
>>33556248
early installment weirdness, when they didn't know if pokemon was going to last or not
>>
>>33556271
>>33556282
Also like to add this as well, GF in gens 1 and 2 wanted to make a different version of pokemon, which can be seen in dex entries.

But that changed into more kid friendly stuff by gen 3 and beyond.
>>
>>33556271
Gen 1-2 prime, pokemon appeared

Gen 3-5 divine realm pokemon lived with ancient humans

Gen 6-7+ mega verse. Mega evolution was found in kalos and hoenn
Alola exists in the mega verse.

Gen 8 will be continuation of mega verse.
>>
>>33556292
the dex entries haven't really changed though
>>
>>33556271
Pokémon in general 1 and 2 were our dimension
According to diamond and pearl pokemon left the prime dimension to live in the divine dimension.
Xy and sm are in the the mega dimension, the project azoth was completed and kalos was devastated.

Sun and moon might exist in either dimension. Divine or mega plus ultra space is described as closed space outside of the universe, similar to Xen
>>
>>33556248
>Is the Pokemon Universe just identical to ours, just with an extra continent somewhere?
This is my headcanon. You see a lot of real-world earth globes everywhere in the series, and several gen 1 pokedex entries were reprised in gen 7, including the infamous indian elephants. The japanese pokemon fan club ran some articles on mew some time back and mentioned that faraway island was the place fuji released mew, but not found it, meaning the research notes are still true. Lt surge is still considered the lightning american even in gen 5, and real-world places in dex entries have been mentioned past gen 2.
>>
>>33556373
Same universe different dimension and many alternating timelines
>>
>>33556248
China exists in the pokemon world
Unova is based on Shangai Bay
>>
>>33556421
And Kalos is England :^)
>>
I bet the real answer is they just pit stuff in like this and don't think about universe shit and just have fun and later fans just try the best they can to tie everything together when the developers and writers had almost none of it in mind. I know some stuff connects but some of this stuff you guys say is silly. But I guess it can be fun.
>>
>>33556248
There's no super deep lore, it's just that GF didn't really plan the world building out at first because they weren't expecting to boom so hard for 20 years straight.
>>
>>33556271
If Pokemon are only just being discovered in Gen 2, why is it stated that Apricorns had been used for hundreds of years, or that Ho-Oh revived three Pokemon to be the legendary beasts when Brass Tower burned down. Or that Slowpoke ended Azalea Town's drought like 400 years ago. Or that Unown were used as the basis for the Roman alphabet. Or that there are fossil Pokemon at all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.