[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /vp/ consider ORAS a good game? Explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6861.jpg (765KB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6861.jpg
765KB, 3200x2400px
Does /vp/ consider ORAS a good game? Explain
>>
Nope. They're my least favorite mainline games in the entire franchise.

>let's waste a year of development time remaking a game and then not even make it better than the third version that came out a decade prior
>let's also casualize the shit out of it and leave out trainer customization while we're at it
>>
No, but it's the best 3DS gen game.
>>
i mean /vp/ aint 1 person but i enjoyed them. by far best 3ds games
>>
>>33552504
UsUm>SM>XY>OrAs

OrAs would be hire up on the list but like >>33552510 said they didn't even surpass Emerald
>>
>>33552504
Worst games in the series and a total disappointment
>>
I feel like they don't get enough credit. It sucks to see no Emerald content and it's really easy (especially with DexNav), but it has introduced some pretty cool features (DexNav, soaring, Secret Base expansion, Mirage Spots, etc).
>>
>>33552504
They were okay, better than SM

Dexnav was good, mirage spots and daily trainers meant there's always stuff to do.

No trainer customization was really lazy since they managed to add other new stuff like Zinnia.
>>
>>33552504
I quite enjoyed ORAS, but I also have a heavy bias towards Hoenn in general though as it is my favorite region.
>>
>>33552504
I have mixed feelings over it. I liked some of the new addition gameplay-wise, but I don't like what they did to the story. It was even more wasted potential than usual (Delta Episode in general, no Battle Frontier, Archie and Maxie just as retarded except now they aren't colorblind, anything with Mauville in the name, ah yes Archie and Shelly met Jirachi but no big deal since we don't do events with story anymore, and so on). Also no customization was bullshit.
>>
>>33552518
>USUM and SM
>better than ORAS
Nope.
>>
>>33552594
It's okay for you to have your wrong opinion
>>
They're good games but could have been one of the best in the series with the frontier, that's where people take out their frustration and make the games sound like an abomination.
>>
While they are remakes, it doesn't really feel like they expanded or improved anything. The parts that are different are very inconsequential. They pretty much just moved it to 3D and that's it. It could've just been mediocre, but the outright removal of the frontier out of a lack of time or effort is what kills it for most people. Sun and Moon also have this lack of substantial postgame, which is a contributing factor to why there are mixed opinions about it. I suppose Tapus and Toxapex: The Meta doesn't help much, though. I just really hope that USUM actually has some meat to it.
>>
File: 1452290917239.jpg (287KB, 1002x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452290917239.jpg
287KB, 1002x960px
>>33552504
They are decent.
Personally I think they are better than Emerald, Diamond/Pearl, Black/White, Sun/Moon.

With Diamond/Pearl and Sun/Moon it is all about the playability. D/P is just too slow and B/W had shit wild Pokemon availability and the exp curve.

Emerald had changes that pissed me of to no end.

ORAS had the legendary Pokemon Quest which was absolutely fantastic. The post game was okay.

From Best to last:-
RS, FRLG, RB, B2W2, Yellow, HGSS, ORAS, XY, GS, Platinum, BW, Emerald, DP, SM

never played Crystal
>>
>>33552594
It's ok to hate S/M because almost 1 year that it is for sale, but why hating USUM when not even know nothing at all, except that are new pokémon?.
>>
>>33552744
that is how bad USUM is going to be.
It transcends space and time.
>>
>>33552504
I feel immeasurable rage just looking at those fucking boxarts alone.

Some standalone features were good like the DexNav, but the blatant lack of effort that went into making this game is insulting to me as a long time fan.
>>
>>33552774
The games had effort put into them, just not where the average longtime fan wanted (frontier). If ORAS was truly a rushed lazily developed game, it wouldn't have things like dexnav, soaring, new megas, delta episode and updated bases/contests
>>
When you base the game on its own merits, ORAS is the best 3DS game by far. But it is disappointing that they didn't implement some of the changes that Emerald made. Since the games had the potential to be a lot better, it gets shit on a lot. The fact is that it had a much better region than the other 3DS games and it had some great features that were inexplicably dropped for SM.
>>
>>33552504
it was better than original R/S
>>
For me Dexnav was one of the best things ever in the games, but it's true that they could have completed the game adding more things, like rematches, new places, like New Mauville,etc
>>
File: uGycMOS.jpg (268KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
uGycMOS.jpg
268KB, 1200x900px
>>33552577
>ah yes Archie and Shelly met Jirachi but no big deal since we don't do events with story anymore

I'm still mad
>>
>>33552504
What >>33552510 said and also no they're not good.

They're objectively inferior remakes to HGSS and fail to incorporate their third version (properly) as well as tickling our dick with a Battle Tower model.

What the FUCK was GF thinking?!
>>
>>33552504
On the Topic of ORAS
why does the game have some many waifus?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.