[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only Pokemon game that put heart and effort into games currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Not mainline games or pokken
>>
Actually even MD has started releasing the same game with different characters. Gates and Super were a recycled plot of each other and games have been gettin worse after Sky
>>
>pokken
>no heart or effort
You must know nothing about making games.
>>
>>33552374
will you ever shut the fuck up about pokken
we get it you think it's shit nobody cares
>>
>>33552537
At least Super had a fuckton of content in terms of gameplay and is the most polished in the entire series in that regard.
>>
>>33552374
Call me when Mystery Dungeon gameplay stops being grid-based
>>
>>33552537
But Sky was a rehash of Time/Darkness
>>
>>33552374
All this shows is that the Pokemon franchise has so much potential in the hands of any developer aside from Gamefreak.
>>
and they are all shit games with a different gimmick produced to appease fucktards while not developing a game to exercise and fulfill the TRUE POTENTIAL of the Pokemon franchise.
>>
they perfected it with sky. I want to like super so bad, but they fucked up teams so bad its not even f u n
>>
>>33552668
yeah, but the story was a recycle of gates and postgame had 0 story whereas sky had one half as big as the main one, including those special episodes where you play as other characters etc
>>33552758
Yes, and it was the best game in the franchise. Even for a rehash, they added plenty of good things that ultimately make time/darkness obsolete
>>
>>33552374
>heart and effort

>I was a human!
>trust and friendship is bad...oh wait it is not...maybe....
>adventure is over, BOO HOO "main character" is gone
>>
>>33552374
Are you kiddin me? Super Mystery Dungeon was boring as hell! Gates has a very bad plot and all the games have a very boring mechanic. This spin off sucks!
>>
>>33552374
Pokémon conquest was better
>>
>>33552758
>But Emerald was a rehash of Ruby/Sapphire

Lots of other bait in this thread too but I only have so many (You)s
>>
>>33553101
Worst taste on the board right after the anti-Pokken autist
>>
>>33553126
Yes? Emerald is my favorite game but it was without a doubt a RS rehash
>>
File: 1452419965562.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452419965562.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>33553131
more like best taste in worst thread
>>
File: Touya Daikenki.png (382KB, 742x650px) Image search: [Google]
Touya Daikenki.png
382KB, 742x650px
They're okay.
Converting everything mainline Pokemon had into a dungeon crawler doesn't work. So many moves and abilities weren't made with PMD in mind, so they end up being useless or incredibly overpowered in these games. Abilities like Unburden, and moves like Dual Chop and Agility have all been reworked in such a way that you can completely break the game with them, and that's not even scratching the surface when it comes to abilities/moves. Pokemon just wasn't balanced around this gameplay style. Some moves' effects also changed upon its transition to PMD, like Attract. In the mainline games, Attract would make it so that opponents wouldn't be able to attack sometimes. However, in PMD RT and Sky, it was changed so that opponents are completely immobilized, with the former working on anyone due to the lack of a proper gender system.
You're hardly ever given any freedom when it comes to teambuilding, due to the plot-based nature of these games or questionable decisions made. In Sky, almost every new dungeon is locked to using the player/partner combo, maybe with a few plot-relevant characters, and most of the time these limitations are done for silly reasons. Super also locks player/partner in most plot-based dungeons, but takes things even further with the break system, which prevents you from using certain teammates, and can't be turned off at all. It's honestly pretty frustrating, as the mainline games' biggest selling point is that you can create and use any team you want, once you capture it.
And this is more of a problem with the later games, but PMD's recent changes have lost touch of its roguelike roots. The Rescue Team games, have factors that aren't unlike typical dungeon crawlers. New members are mortal, if they get defeated they're killed off and can't be used again, so survival is important. Item management plays a bigger role due to the inventory size. Certain dungeons autosave, too, as an anti-savescum tool. The later games cut these features.
>>
>>33552374
>Shitty railroading that can fuck you over if you're not high enough level to face the bullshit the game thrusts on you
>Story and difficulty determined by in-game day so if you fail once you get caught in a shitty snowball effect
Try again
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.