[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative/Substitute Starters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Normal-Lillipup-Family[1].png (106KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
Normal-Lillipup-Family[1].png
106KB, 500x275px
Has anyone deposited/released their recieved starter and replaced with another pokemon before 1st gym?

I did it few times, most notably in White and White 2, which had the starters that I've disliked the most, so I've caught a Lillipup and deposited my starter.
>>
>>33548890
I do this frequently, especially on replays just to mix things up.
>>
>>33548890
Im doing SoulSilver with Sentret rn
>>
Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh are the only regions where I liked all three starters.

I'm doing it right now in Alpha Sapphire. Ralts is my new main.
>>
Stoutland is amazing, my favorite normal Pokemon
>>
>>33548890
I'm playing HG with Elekid and Smoochum from the start. No starter
>>
If you didn't box your Starter in SM and Remplazed it with Bounsweet, You are a fag
>>
>>33549050
>Not putting both on your team
Why choose?
>>
>>33549050
This but replace "Bounsweet" with "any other poke"
>>
>>33549037
OP here. Did the same on SS, but with Elekid (PokeWalk) and Slugma (Egg).
>>
>>33549050
You don't get Bounsweet before even 1st Grand Trial m8
>>
>>33548890
Not from the start. I didn't like any of the fully evolved starters in SM so none of them were part of my final team composition. I did use Torracat until I could catch Cubone though, which was to be my Fire type replacement.
>>
>>33549144
Actually this thread points to the start, which implies that you must not have the starter already when you're facing the 1st gym leader or kahuna.
>>
>>33549010
For me kalos is the only where I like a 3
Alola is the only where I dislike all 3
>>
I am planning to do this in usm
>>
File: 056[1].png (1KB, 60x60px) Image search: [Google]
056[1].png
1KB, 60x60px
I played yellow and replaced my Pikachu with a lvl5 Mankey caught at Route 22. It Low Kick'd Brock to turd.
>>
>>33549234
Wrong. The most disliked are all the 3 from Unova. Even a Psyduck in BW2 caught at the farm does the job better.
>>
I do this all the time; though it's because I like to use new Pokemon for most replays, not because of dislike towards any starters.
>>
I dislike the Starters so much that I used a Hoppip in Crystal instead (altho I backed it with my Spinarak until lvl10).
>>
I like the Alolan starters, but I'll probably do this next time I play. Hoping to do a playthrough with mostly shitmons.
>>
Magikarp > Gen 2 starters
>>
I boxed Chikorita when I found out just how good Geodude is in GS.
>>
>>33548910
>playing soul silver
>not waiting for g/s virtual console to play alongside the hype train
>>
File: 200_s[1].gif (37KB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s[1].gif
37KB, 268x200px
Is this just me or we're starting some viral shit no-starter run?
>>
>>33549212
Yes, and? I can read.
OP asked a question and I answered "not really".
>>
Who would be good for Alola?
I'm thinking Sandile
>>
>>33548890
Same op i deposited my starter for riolu and mareep
>>
Hoppip the only Leech Seeder in earlygame.
>>
>>33549480

Sandile is only obtainable in Haina Desert
although you have a lot of Pokemon in MeleMele Island before your first trial.
>>
>>33549543
I was gonna trade over an egg
>>
>>33549555
No trades or wonder trades plox, use get what the nature of the routes may provide you =u=
>>
>>33549595
sound pretty much like Rust or ARK where you can only get your shit from the nearby wild xDDDDD
>>
I replaced my starter for fletching in X, I had a lot of fun with vanilla bravest birb
>>
>>33548890
Nidoran male in 1st G
>>
Let's all make an Alt-Starter Run:
>Get a pokemon on the routes before clearing the 1st gym and replace your starter with it
>No sarters from 1st gym/trial onwards (you permanently deposit/release after you catch the alt pokemon)
>Your alt pokemon that replaced the starter must be on your party the whole playthrough
>No traded or wonder-traded pokemon on your party
>No PokéWalker pokémon transferred from areas above 2000 Watts (Blue Lake is the maximum you can get).
>No ingame recieved pokemon on your party (except eggs)
>No legendary pokemon on your party
>At maximum one 600BST pokemon on your party (e.g.: Tyranitar or Dragonite)
>>
I am excited to see the G/S nuzlockes that are gonna come out of the virtual release.
>>
I've used as starters: Zigzagoon (Sapphire), Pidgey (Y), Shinx (Diamond), Starly (Diamond again), Poochyena (Sapphire again), Nidoran F (Yellow) and Lickitung (Y again)
>>
File: OhCrap[1].png (1MB, 680x491px) Image search: [Google]
OhCrap[1].png
1MB, 680x491px
>>33549935
THIS! FUCK THE NUZLOCKES!
>>
>>33548890
I used Azumarill in White 2 and Raichu in Sun. it was p gud. I'd keep the proper starter around until I had the other stuff I planned.
>>
>>33548890
Every nuzlocke my starter dies pretty quickly, so whatever mon I like the most or has been around the longest ends up being the new team leader.
Current leader is a Parasect.
>>
Starly/Togekiss lategame were pretty good in Plat.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.