[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New UB Predictions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

THEORY: I think UB Burst and UB Assembly share a type. Like Buzzwole and Pheramoza, or Kartana and Celesteela, they are game exclusives that share a type. I predict that the type they share will be the psychic type. I think that Burst will be psychic/fairy and Assembly will be psychic/steel. I also think Burst will have strong attack, sp attack and speed, and other stats weaker. And Assembly will have strong defense, sp defense and HP, and other weaker stats. Thoughts?
>>
>>33548082

Burst: Fire/Psychic
Assembly: Rock/Psychic
>>
>>33548082
I don't think they'll share a type. I think they'll be Fire/Grass and Rock/Ghost.
>>
>>33548082
Both are Fire.
Assembly is an Oven or Incinerator

Burst Fire/Fairy
Assembly: Fire/Steel
>>
File: 1462922312296.gif (127KB, 143x136px) Image search: [Google]
1462922312296.gif
127KB, 143x136px
>>33548082
Breaking this down logically...

Burst:
>based on a firework
>has clownish behaviors and stance
>has a signature move that looks like fireworks
>signature move is SE on grass owl, meaning signature move is either Fire, Ghost, or Dark

Assembly:
>design suggests it will be a statistically wall aka defensive monster
>based on a brick wall or monument
>has multiple small eyes that make up the inside of its structure and rotate in place with its outer brick layer
>has ability to levitate in midair
>glowy neon look

People say UBs are known for bucking trends, but I disagree. The only ones that really threw people were Kartana, Celesteela and Nihilego. The others make sense with their typing. And, even then, two of the three I just named make sense one you read their dex entries and get an idea of their design basis.

IMO, Burst and Assembly will have the obvious typings we all think they should have:

>Burst is Fire/Fairy or Fire/Psychic
>Assembly is Rock/Psychic or Rock/Dark

I think those make a ton of sense and I'd be shocked if we see otherwise. The only "left field" prediction I could make for something other than what I listed above might be Burst being Fire/Ice and Assembly being Rock/Bug, but those both sound insane.

Now the better question I have is what invasive species are these bad boys based on? Burst looks like a dandelion, which is a weed in most of the world, but Assembly? Fuck if I know. The Berlin Wall?
>>
>>33548082
Burst: Psychic/Normal
Assembly: Psychic/Rock or Psychic/Ground
>>
>>33548181
Wait what is this about invasive species?
>>
>>33548082
>my wishslist
fire/fairy
ghost/rock
>realistically
pyschic or psychic/fire
steel or psychic/steel
>>
>>33548181
Burst might be Fire/Grass, because fireworks are some "fire flower" pun in Japan and it kinda looks like a flower spreading its seeds via explosions.
>>
I love your type predictions about Burst based on the fireworks. To add onto the invasive species for those who don't know; all ultra beasts hold a theme of an invasive species (nihilego: jellyfish, buzzwole: mosquito, celesteela: bamboo, etc), and I believe that Assembly's invasive species gimic is industrialization. Buildings being built and placed everywhere and taking over once lively areas, its perfect for the concept of another invasive UB.
>>
>>33548227
Interview with Ohmori in a guidebook. Each is based on a type of invasive species.
>>
>>33548275
What Invasive things are Kartana and Guzzlord based on?
>>
>>33548283
Samurai and Americans
>>
>>33548181
>Assembly being Rock/Bug, but those both sound insane.
The bricks are actually little bugs. Assembly is just a swarm of them.
Most likely Psychic/Bug instead. The bugs only mimic the appearance of bricks.
>>
>>33548256
It's not a pun, it's just what they're literally called.
>>
I'm hoping for Fire/Grass and Rock/Ghost.
>>
>>33548082
What about

Ghost/Fairy
Ghost/Ground
>>
>>33548227
All UBs are based on an invasive species
>>
>>33548290
That sounds fake, but I sort of believe it
>>
>>33548283

Japs and Amerifats.
>>
>>33548283
Guzzlord is on a crab of some kind cant remember.

Kartana is on a type of wasp
>>
File: IMG_20170913_180505.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170913_180505.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
>>33548082
We saw UB Burst use a signature move in the trailers, that move was super effective on both Decidueye and Metagross now correct me if I'm wrong but most signature moves are STAB which means that move must be either Fire, Ghost or Dark personally I think they'll share the Ice type but hey maybe GF is so retarded they'll give a non stab signature move
>>
>>33548299
I'm pretty sure Burst is part Fire. I'd be really surprised otherwise.
>>
>>33548242

Ghost Rock would be hella cool, give it an air balloon for keks
>>
>>33548315
Kartana: an invasive paper wasp, perhaps? Origami for the pun on paper and all that.
>>
>>33548340
I think that was it yeah
>>
>>33548082
Patternfags never give up, do they?
All memes aside, Buzzwole and Pheromosa share a common design theme(humanoid insects), and so do Kartana and Celesteela(Japanese theme). Burst and Assembly seem to have nothing in common.
>>
>>33548283
An anon once posted a pic where it was clear that Necrozma is based on a flea and Guzzlord and Kartana on plankton animals.
The only left are Xurkitree and Celesteela
>>
>>33548385
But you know some moron will try to relate them. I've already heard...
>Assembly is a castle!
>Burst is a jester!
>Medieval theme!
>>
Ok so working through it:

The patterns for UBs so far has it that no UB shares a type with a UB of a different number

So Rock, Poison, Bug, Fighting, Electric, Steel, Flying, Grass, Dark, and Dragon are out

This leaves Normal, Water, Fire, Ground, Ice, Psychic, and Fairy

Burst is likely part Fire due to the fireworks theme

Assembly appears to be partially based on two types of youkai - Mokumokuren, which is a spirit that inhabits torn paper walls and manifests as many eyes on a brick like pattern, and Nurikabe, ehich manifests as a wall that goes on forever, misdirecting travellers

Yokai tend to be ghost or fairy type, so Assembly likely is one of these two types

UBs of the same number share at least one type, so they both need a type in common. Burst has more Fairy like traits than Ghost, so Fire/Fairy seems likely

Assembly seems to be made of actual bricks. No Rock or Steel type to draw from, so that leaves Ground

Burst is likely Fire/Fairy and Assembly Ground/Fairy, with Fire/Ghost and Ground/Ghost as secondary guesses
>>
>>33548440
Well I mean, I'd buy it. It isn't the furthest stretch I've ever seen
>>
>>33548082
Or.... what if... they don't share a type.

Because they're not the same slot version exclusive ala Buzzwole and Pheramosa.
What if they're version exclusives ala Buzzwole and Celesteela?
>>
>>33548462
Forgot to add: This is assuming Gamefreak sticks to the pattern established. For all we know, it is all coincidence. But the pattern is all we have at present so I'm relying on that
>>
>>33548385
To be honest they could share a theme: Burst seems a jester and Assembly a tower. Their theme could something medieval or stuff like that (not that i strongly believe in the pattern thing, but just to specify).
>>
>>33548435
Celesteela is bamboo which, from what I understand, has varieties that grow like weeds

It also resembles a type of plankton
>>
>>33548481
They could be since they didn't put a number after UC. Maybe they from two different sets, despite of that the medieval theme seems evident.
>>
File: 1447614604555.png (23KB, 587x466px) Image search: [Google]
1447614604555.png
23KB, 587x466px
>>33548280
>>33548303
Does anyone have an image or a transcript of the interview that I can read? It's not that I don't believe you, I just want to look into it a little more.
>>
>>33548435
xurkitree is a thistle
>>
>>33548082
>Rock/Fairy
>Rock/Ghost
>>
>>33548506
>Burst seems a jester and Assembly a tower
That makes them two major arcana. Although that'd be really stupid.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.