[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Annyone else thinks GEN 7 is boring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-Ultra_Sun_EN_boxart.png (114KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ultra_Sun_EN_boxart.png
114KB, 250x228px
Heck, even GEN 6 was fun despite the flaws, but GEN 7 is just horribly boring.

What does this gen even bring to the franchise? i
>>
>>33545408
Yokai watch killed pokemon
>>
Pokemon VII is pretty mediocre, Pokemon VI at least was fun
>>
Agreed I enjoyed megas in gen 6 bit whole story of ubs and z move feature, The festival plaza replacing pss

It's garbage. Not buying USUM
>>
>>33545578
I wish they could finish Gen VII with USUM, honestly this is the first gen that i feel is completely pointless.
>>
File: w0qaPoK.jpg (308KB, 1200x1316px) Image search: [Google]
w0qaPoK.jpg
308KB, 1200x1316px
>>33545419
This
>>
>>33545408
Agreed, which is a shame since they made so many cool improvements in S/M: scrapping the grid system, no chibis, ride pokemon, alolan forms, etc.

It felt like a chore playing it.
>>
>>33545651
yokai made pokemon better if anything. I love the rotom dex
>>
>>33545643
What's wack is. The spin off game pokken dx is garbage too. Gen 7 as whole just lackster. First holidays I will be playing something besides pokemon in a very long time

Hope gen 8 comes soon
>>
>>33545674
>The spin off game pokken dx is garbage too
(You)
>>
>>33545651
Lol they are run out of ideas and they are stealing from another franchises, pathetic
>>
>>33545688
It is. I guess if your into fighting games but if then. Pokken is a bad fighting game
>>
>>33545408
I like Kalos more than Alola
>>
>>33545719
>Ashnime
Kys
>>
>>33545670
shit tier taste
>>
>>33545700
>Pokken is a bad fighting game
but it isnt
>>
>>33545737
It absolutely is.
>>
>>33545719
Who doesnt'?
>>
I want an extensive list of what Generation VII added to the series.

I can'f find anything meaingful.
>>
>>33545764
me
>>
>>33545737
wrong
>>
>>33545868
Weird, an alolasperm
>>
>>33545408
This gen just felt like a mess. Maybe its nostalgia, but everything just felt way too new, it barely resembles the original game anymore.

All the Hawaiian stuff was way too on the nose, its been gradually getting to this since the American stuff in gen 5, but at least there it was more subtle. It makes it to where the Pokemon look super out of place anywhere but in their region.

Nothing has continuity, it just feels like a jumbled mess of bright colors.
>>
File: 1473108865840.jpg (255KB, 874x656px) Image search: [Google]
1473108865840.jpg
255KB, 874x656px
>>33545764
I also really liked the music from Pokemon XY
Xerneas is so beautiful like Serena
>>
File: guardian.png (556KB, 1486x447px) Image search: [Google]
guardian.png
556KB, 1486x447px
>>33545408
>What does this gen even bring to the franchise?
>pic related
anymore questions?
>>
>>33546564
Oh my God that thing looks tiny as fuck. I know GF had a size problem with SM (Wailord being smaller than your model for example) but this is just sad. I hope they fix this with a Switch version of DP remakes or something.
>>
>>33546564
It brings new pokemon like other gens? yeah and they all suck.

There's no reason of gen 7 pokemon to exist in gen 8, so hopefully theyll be removed
>>
>>33545408
i havent been keeping up with pokemon other than the occasional showdown game in gen7ou with my gen6ou team. i thought this was fake but i just googled it. this franchise has really gone to shit lately
>>
>>33546758
Gen VII is just a joke of generation.
Gen VI had a pretty decent mainline games
>>
>>33545408
>Hyper Training.

Which is brought down by the fact that you have to be level 100 which is fine by itself but not so much when it takes about 6 hours per Pokémon to level from 60 to 100 and about 6 and a half in total.

>A decent story.

Though unfortunately bogged down by tutorial shit and a complete lack of exploration as it nips at your heels.

>A new battle mode. Again brought down by the fact that it's not last man standing, or doesn't at least have the option of doing it that way. also brought down by the fact that two long time battle modes were removed that were far better than it even if it were last man standing or had the option.

>SOS battles as a new way to encounter Pokémon.

Brought down by the fact that it just interrupts casual/completion play where you can't really weaken something if you want to catch it lest you wish to only be able to throw one Poké Ball every 20 turns. Meanwhile if you actually want it, many of them take forever to call things in. SOS battles should either not happen until post game or, more ideally, would ONLY happen when you've used an Adrenaline Orb and would cause them to ALWAYS summon in help so as to not waste your time.

>New Pokémon.

Brought down by the fact that there are so few, a quarter of which are legends and most of them that aren't have a 1 in 10 chance to appear at best. I spent 5 hours trying to find a Mimikyu for fuck sake. Guess who got called "Fukayu" when I finally found it?

>Replaced HMs with Ride Pokémon.

Brought down by the fact that you can't use HMs at all anymore/can't use your own Pokémon for Ride Pokémon. Also that Tauros stupidly replaced the bike meaning you're forced to use both hands to hatch eggs now when you never were in the past. Finally, cant forget they removed the accurate DPad to provide you with a shortcut to Ride Pokémon when they already had a shortcut in Y which worked just fine for registered things in the past and would've continued to do so.

And many more.
>>
>>33547993
In essence, they did a lot right but bogged it down with issues in every single instance before you even start mentioning all of the things they lack from past games that should, without question, be there as options for those who want it.
>>
La razón es la historia, lo unico bueno es que Lusamine odia a su hija por un tiempo, todo es muy para niños de 5-10 años, mucho amor, valores y frases estupidas.
>>
>>33545408

disagree on gen 6 being fun, Kalos was intensely mediocre
>>
>>33548192
Los juegos son para ninos crece
>>
>>33545651
Hahaha pokefags defend this
>>
>>33548203
Are you high? Gen VI was one of the best generations desing wise and it was fun
>>
>>33545764
Kalos deserved a redemption arc far more than Alola.
>>
>>33548441
This it's yokai watch fault
>>
>>33545408
>Annyone else thinks GEN 7 is boring?
Nope
Anon, you are the ONLY person in the world with that opinion. Congratulations for being different!
>>
>>33546611
The pokemon are their normal sizes in the files and are scaled fot the 3ds to run them. They will be their normal sizes in gen 8
>>
>>33545408
The sixth generation seemed more boring
>>
>>33548240
Gamefreak debería tomar en cuenta que GRAN parte de los jugadores tienen más de 20 años :(

Por lo menos deberían darle una historia alternativa a USUM, pero parece que será la misma que SM, solo con unos pequeños detalles, lastima, Gamefreak está abusando de los fans de Pokémon.
>>
>>33550980
Translation

Gamefreak should take into account that BIG part of the players are over 20 years old :(
At least they should give an alternative story to USUM, but it seems that it will be the same as SM, only with a few small details, sorry, Gamefreak is abusing Pokémon fans.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.