[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are your opinions on game freak as a developer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

File: Game_Freak_logo.png (4KB, 199x136px) Image search: [Google]
Game_Freak_logo.png
4KB, 199x136px
what are your opinions on game freak as a developer?
>>
>>33544842
Incompetent developers, and becoming increasingly out of their depth as consoles become bigger and better.
>>
Lost ambition
>>
>>33544842
They're unironically amateurs when it comes to coding, they really should hire more people, they have the budget for it
>>
File: 000 gf.jpg (677KB, 1613x1280px) Image search: [Google]
000 gf.jpg
677KB, 1613x1280px
>>33544842
They have fun ideas, but will forever be known only for pokemon.

Their ideas for pokemon are slowly going downhill, unfortunately.
>>
none of their work compared to the glorious game of bubsy
>>
At least it's not Bioware
>>
They don't give a shit anymore since their fans will eat everything they do no matter what, they can slap the pokemon logo on a bag of shit and it's going to sell millions.
>>
>>33544842
cute origin story
>>
>>33544842
>>33544842
They frustrate the fuck outta me, And like all of Nintendo they always talk about with great integrity and intelligence on game development but then fuck around on basic things

The removal of features is beyond frustrating. That they constantly pander to older fans but don't compliment it with optional difficulty.

Pokemon is for kids sure but the reality is that we have kids from the 90's still playing it. Challenge mode should have been the norm going forward.

Why alienate fans? After perfecting hype for Sun and Moon they've completely fallen flat with USUM and considering small things about XY, ORAS and S/M I'm not hopeful for the correct changes going forward
>>
Lazy, coasting, pieces of shit.
>>
>>33544842
Modern day developers who admited that they don listent feedback and just do whatever they feel, I Pokémon weren't so popular they would go out of business on a heartbeat.

They are incompetent as you can get and refuses to listen long-term fans like most of Japanese companies.
>>
>>33544842
lucky tamagotchi like developers: consumerist world: legendary ugliest is better because it is more exclusive: beta RPG games
>>
>>33544863
The fact that double battles can freeze your 3DS is unacceptable. They've never upskilled their team since the basic coding days of RBY.

I seriously worry about their ability to make a full Switch console game. I'm expecting it to look exactly like SM, with slightly nicer graphics.
>>
Not good developers anymore.
>>
>>33544842
I hate their confidence. They make rushed shit with constantly stripped features because they're popular enough to sell. They need people to step in and help them. Someone needs to tie up Masuda in a basement and just make him stick to making music.

If the Switch game is shit, I hope it bombs. But it won't. Pokemon is immortal in the gaming world now. I bet even if their games are shit, the emergence of a new gen will create enough revenue through other merch and movies probably.

TLDR Lazy, cocky, evil gaming overlords.
>>
>>33544920
>anymore
More like never
>>
>>33544870
Where is the badass elephant?

Also, top left and bottom rigth names pls
>>
>>33544976
> Where is the badass elephant?
Oh right, forgot

top left is Reika Rekkeiji from giga wrecker and bottom right is jill from drill dozer
>>
>>33544976
Giga wrecker, or as /vp/ knew it "Gigareki le ebin new tapu"
Drill Dozer
>>
File: Miku.jpg (458KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Miku.jpg
458KB, 1080x1080px
Horrible devs. Did Deluxe/Premium editions for the longest time, yet somehow doesn't get as much flak for it when other companies and even other Nintendo games do it. Will cut content just to re-add it in a future version for more cash, or to rush out releases.

>>33544870
>Harmoknight
There's plenty of better rhythm games on the 3DS alone. Even Project Mirai beats it.
>>
>>33545224
>le ebin new tapu"
?
>>
>>33546179
If you were here when the trademarks for SM were discovered you would understand.
>>
>>33544842
they're luck as fuck pokemon by itself is a great formula. They've got to be the most lazy and incompetent developers of all time. They're like committed to moving backwards sometimes
>>
Spike Chunsoft (the 999/Danganronpa guys) do a better job at handling Pokemon. They made all the PMD games.
>>
Is Giga Wrecker a good game? It always looked pretty cool to me but I stayed away because of the Early Access meme and forgot about it.
>>
Incompetent devs (or just willfully prideful/ignorant) who currently do not understand their fanbase. If it wasn't for Nintendo swooping in and saving their asses on multiple occasions, they would have died a long time ago. They now only believe kids play their games for some unknown reason.
>>
>>33546278
It's average. Has a few interesting ideas, but there are better action-platformers out there.
>>
>>33546278
It has a plenty of interesting puzzles around the use of physics, the bosses are pretty challenging as well (which is something you would not expect from Game Freak).
>>
>>33544842
They're lazy, incompetent, but people still flock to their defense. That's why they're the only developers that get away with cutting great features because they're too lazy to add them into the new games.
>>
>>33544863
They are actually hiring right now if you check your website
>>
>>33544842
probably suited to small game production.
The games you get for low price.
They would excel at game development for Android market, kinda feels like that is where they belong anyway.

From gen II (possible even Pokemon Yellow) they have been in over their heads with the Pokemon phenomenon.
>>
Stubborn and incompetent, when they do something cool enough, they shit in every single other concept. The developers refuse themselves to innovate most of time, even by popular pressure, and seem to be unfazed by that, acting like they were dumbfounded that its "marvelous" game got such hate.
It pisses me off everytime how they are a bunch of shitbags.
>>
>>33544842
They're pretty stubborn designers and incompetent programmers. They probably know that Pokemon is so popular that if they serve out shit it'll still sell like hotcakes and therefore don't bother putting in the extra effort since it won't mean extra profit.
>>
They're despicable. I appreciate what they did with the first 2 generations but Pokemon would be 1000x better under someone else.

It's baffling how bad they've been in the last 15 years.
>>
>>33550127
We need Masuda and Ohmori to leave. That'll solve most of the problems.
>>
>>33544849
this
>>
>>33550139
I've been saying for years now that Masuda ruined pokemon.

Fuck him to hell. I sincerely hope he has an unfortunate accident someday.
>>
>>33544900
this, so much this
>>
They try their best but don't show they can do it.
>>
>>33550167
>accident
>>
Is it possible for Nintendo to hand-off Pokemon to someone else? Assuming that they wanted to.
>>
>>33550261
It's Game Freak's IP, probably not.
>>
>>33550261
Why would they? Pokemon was the 3ds machine. 3 out of 4 top selling games
>>
>>33550289
I doubt that they would even want to, I'm only wondering if it was even a possibility, hence the assuming part.
>>
File: 1475279388458.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475279388458.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>33544842

I think GF makes good pokemon games although I don't agree with all their decisions. GF is like Dragonite, the more hate it gets the more I like it. People hating on GF just shows how retarded they are.

I'm glad they don't listen to all the retard so we don't end up with games that have:

>no story
>every region
>a shitty open world design
>trainers that all have 6 pokemon
>AI that is indistinguishable from a pro player
>no intro or outro
>postgame that includes every trainer in the series' history, every facility, and endless new content
>romancing of every character and pokemon
>smogon as multiplayer

I enjoyed my first 300 hour playthrough of SM and I'm looking forward to buying USUM. I'm also excited for gen 8.
>>
>>33544842
They're good. Nobody on /vp/ knows anything about game development.
>>
>>33550445
Unironically this, good on you for not falling for the autistic contrarian hate meme anon.
>>
>>33550445
>>trainers that all have 6 pokemon
>>AI that is indistinguishable from a pro player
Nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>33550445
Once again the internet fails to realize we need a middle ground. The 6 pokemon meme stems from the fact that you will get to the fucking elite 4 and they still wont have a full party. This is inexcusable. Why would the final string of bosses in a video game be unprepared like that? As for post game we want more than one fucking battle facility that is literally just cheater bullshit designed to beat you after 5 wins.
>>
>>33550573
That just describes multiplayer so just play that.

>>33550608
If you get a fresh team before every trainer that would be fine. Without altering the current game facing 5 teams with six pokemon each consecutively is a bad idea. Unless you like the revive game.
>>
>>33550573
Games have something called a difficulty curve
>>
>>33544842
I liked Drill Dozer
>>
Literally who
>>
>>33550445
>>33550519
way to be shills anons
>>
>>33550942
You sound like someone who sucks ass at the game.
>>
>>33551114
It's a kid's game, how can anyone who knows how to play suck at it? Multiplayer I suck at in every game. Single player pokemon has never been challenging.
>>
>>33544842
They should really stop their genwunner pandering. It's annoying.
>>
>>33551224
True but you made it clear that you would suck if some trainers had a full strength 6 poke team. Its too challenging for you so thats why you're against it.
>>
>>33551292
I've never had a problem with a full strength 6 pokemon team in the game before.
>>
They are probably the most confusing big video game makers out there

they just kinda do whatever but it doesn't matter cause they made the most popular game in the entire universe, and thus they always get 900 gorrillion dollars off of every Pokemon game ever
>>
>>33551378
Your post said otherwise
>>
>>33551517
ok
>>
Talentless hacks that still somehow manage to make enjoyable games.
>>
>>33550573
Boss trainers having 6 in the mid to late game is fine, everyone having 6 mons slows the game down way to slow
>>
>>33544842
Absolutely horrible programmers and developers.
I would give my right ball for other company to be the ones making mainline Pokemon games.
These retards don't deserve the goldmine they struck by sheer dumb luck.
>>
>>33551528
lol you suck at pokemon
>>
They're good. I think they should take a break from Pokemon though. If I where them pass the reigns on to genius Sonority or Chunsoft. Just have someone make sure the said game is compatible with bank has a majority of Pokemon available in the game.
>>
>>33551600
Why not HAL? Those guys are actual competent developers that don't throw out good features or leave em to die forever, and are more fan service then most Japan-based companies.

See: Kirby, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, Earthbound, and the first two smash bros games
>>
I think it's one of the few video game companies in 2017 that actually completely ignore their fans.
>>
>>33544842
They've been progressively getting worse and don't have to get better because Pokemon fans will eat up anything
I bet all of you faggots are going to buy USUM despite knowing how shit S/M were
>>
>>33550139
>We need Masuda and Ohmori to leave. That'll solve most of the problems
>gamefreak finally fires the two hacks
>somebody worse replaces them because that's just our luck
>>
>>33552139
I will but I'll but it pre-owned so I will get the product but they won't get my money
>>
>>33552179
Why buy something that's destined to be only slightly less garbage than the last game?
>>
File: 1454089658043.png (13KB, 331x471px) Image search: [Google]
1454089658043.png
13KB, 331x471px
>>33552186
I'm a collector of things. I still like Pokemon as a whole and the games are part of the franchise. The important thing is GF/Nintendo is not getting my Money for USUM and has not got my money for games since Gen 3.
>>
>>33552225
Fair enough, I've never been much of a collector so personally I'm not buying another Pokemon game until they stray far away from the current state of the games and all the shit Gen 7 has brought.
>>
>>33552233
>fucking 4 dubs in a row
>>
File: crying pikachu.gif (432KB, 320x233px) Image search: [Google]
crying pikachu.gif
432KB, 320x233px
>>33552233
Fuck, the games have been terrible for a while now but I am comfortable with doing what I do.

Being a collector is a curse buddy, you are lucky. I have got so much useless shit in my house.
>>
>>33552270
Better that you still manage to get some enjoyment out of the games than me, since I had so little fun in S/M that I spent two weeks straight filling the pokedex to get the shiny charm only to realize I didn't really like almost all of the new Pokemon enough to grind for shinies.
It's probably the worse scenario
>>
>>33552298
ughh that bad huh.
Well I liked (or not hated) them enough to finish Moon but I am struggling for motivation to finish Sun.

You actually sound like you have done more than me.
>>
Great ideas, lackluster execution
>>
>>33544842
Weak, pathetic and incompetent, BUT: It's not their fault. Nintendo holds them back big time.
>>
>>33552298
I spend that time filling the dex only to realize the hunting in SM was horrible.
>>
>>33552160
Shit, son. Don't jinx us like that.
>>
>>33552852
Filling the dex was more fun when the National Dex was a thing ingame.
>>
>>33544842
Props to their creative team and designers along with their usually good world and lore building, shame it doesn't always seem to be properly represented in-game. Game Freak's affinity for gimmicks ruins a lot of things imo
>>
>>33552462
This.
>>
It's reassuring to see so many people here get it, but sad that the majority of buyers don't.

Masuda is an absolute garbage director who should only do music, and Ohmori's bad too, he should just go. The entire company seems content to pushout the bare minimum, and god forbid they try to innovate and do something fresh.

Game Freak made great concepts and characters, but their game execution is utter dog shit.
>>
>>33553988
Wanna keep this thread alive and also I thoroughly agree with you anon; they rest of laurels they don't really have.
>>
>>33552956
After porting my living dex through bank i then realized the numbers of everything that actually have numbers is totally fucked up, and more than half the pokemon don't. Good thing i had my AS save backed up beforehand, at least. SM just aren't good games at all, and the games could be so much more than they are right now, but it's a depressing thought because it'll never improve because they're chasing an audience that doesn't care.
>>
>>33553665
Pretty objective. I completely agree.

Of course, like I most, I wished they did pander a little more to their older and recurring audience (rather than just re-suiting gen I)
>>
>>33544842
Pretty much everything has already been said in this thread. Makes me mad how they're consistently rewarded for their laziness. As long as they keep making money nothing's ever going to change
>>
>>33544870
all of their side project can be described as "poor's man -game title-"
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.