[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old gen general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

What gen killed pokemon for you. For me, it was the remake of ruby. Fuckin hated that one. Tbh I stopped at Y
>>
Fav. Is platinum.
>>
>>33541772
After playing through Moon, the older generation of games seem stiff and stale to me. They are no longer as enjoyable to play as before the release of generation six.
>>
>>33542052
I see it as the newer the generations get, more pokemon come and there are more "powers" I can only see that as people running out of ideas. I mean almost everything is becoming closer to things irl and I don't really like that. I like to see it more as a fantasy.
P.S. The new pokemons are becoming like dejimon
>>
The least interested I've been in pokemon was gens 3 through 5. I still played all the base versions because I still liked pokemon, but not one of them left me invested enough in them to get their third versions even though I know they're better. I did play FRLG and HGSS.

But no gen has killed it for me because my interest in the series is not so fickle as to be destroyed by a mediocre entry. The base mechanics and vast majority of the designs are all good, which is what made and still makes the games fun to play.
>>
>>33541772
ITT: Pokébarneyfags who only play Pokemon.
>>
>>33542104
HGSS was pretty bad but better than Sun Moon. The 3d graphics really bugged me when they didn't get it right in Black&White. Sun and Moon on the other hand has nice graphics and nice story line to it too but, it just doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>33541772
>complains about a game that supposedly killed Pokémon
>Posts a "general"
A thread died for this, not even memeing this time
>>
>>33542135
What is pokebarney?
>>
File: 1504903000802.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1504903000802.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
>>33542149
Yeah, thats why it's old gen retard. Check yourself before you reck yourself.
>>
>>33542158
I don't think you don't get the irony, why don't you lurk more instead of shitpost for a while? All frogposters are so fucking dumb
>>
>>33542175
Why do I have to obey your rules for my files. And if there is any irony to the OP's post that I didn't get, please inform me.
>>
>>33542194
>nah dude I'll shitpost as much as I want lol xd
>Pls spoonfeed
Lurk moar shitstain, do you also not have common sense? I've seen people dumb as shit this week in several boards, but you take the fucking cake, good job retard
>>
>>33542175
Not >>33542158 here but desu I don't think the guy is shitposting. I think he has a point. Btw, who cares what file you post. Get your shit together man.
>>
>>33542232
How is this shitpost. Just because I make a point with a frog picture doesn't mean I shitpost. God. How about try being alittle moar open minded.
>>
>>33541772
BW2
>>
>>33542147
>HGSS was pretty bad

Stopped right there.
>>
>>33542248
It's platinum
>>
>>33542249
It was cool to have double the badges but, it's not gamefreaks best. I'm not attacking ur opinion but u know, listen to myside too.
>>
>>33542233
>>33542241
I've never seen a worthwhile post including a frog, not even once. Your point is basically that you're allowed to shitpost Genwar general. I don't even care if it's against the rules (it is though), I care because it's a shitpost clogging up the board. Fuck off, both of you, fuck you and your nostalgia, I started with Gen 1 and still enjoy the games, though they're far from perfect. Go whine in your personal blog how your childhood got ruined because a franchise updated the game mechanics just a bit, if you hate it that much, grow up and move on. If you want to have a discussion, then do so by telling what you disliked about the game, this thread is just a shitpost.
>>
>>33541772
The first BW made me realize Pokemon is taking a direction I'm no longer comfortable with

Still my least favorite Pokemon game although ORAS is a strong contender
>>
For me, Gen 4 was not bad but didnt kept me interested either. Im not even gonna bother with anything newer considering many factors. People gonna heavily disagree but i think since Gen 4 and onward, the main series lost all meaning, i mean they lacked all that made them what this series is all about, suddenly we have high fantasy plots, disinteresting characters, lack of challenge, weird pokemon designs, cut features etc. The older games were good because they had the same selling point, it was a grand adventure that every step of the way you found something new and interesting, nothing was streamlined, nothing was easy to the point of mashing "A" away, and every bit was memorable. I might be wrong but tell me, which gen is the most memorable to you? Im sure its some Gen 1-2 or even 3 stuff, the newer games just dont seem to have that charm and they're so different now.

tl;dr Newer Gen games changed the series so much to the point of being "not pokemon" anymore and it sucks ass.
>>
>>33542286
Alrigh, alright. I'm sorry I didn't do as you liked. But, I will state what I don't like about new gens.
>lack of creativity
>running out of ideas (z-power is almost the same as mega evos.)
>weak story
>almost every kid on it is a retard
Those are my main reasons.
Please think before attacking my opinions.
>>
>>33542286
>>33542294
Does this count as a frog poster.
>>
OP here. This thread didn't go as expected... I'm logging off in about thirty mins. Wrap it up boys!
>>
>>33542294
>lack of challenge
>nothing was easy to the point of mashing "A" away
The old games aren't harder. It's just that you were a kid back then.
>>
>>33542352
You're not completely wrong, but i remember how in Diamond i just smashed my way through with no problem at all, leveling was also quite easier. If anything Gen 3 or even Gen 2 remakes were more difficult at least in my opinion, and its not just the battle difficulty here. Since im a Gen 2 fag i think Crystal's Battle Tower is a decent challenge but i also think Gen 3's Battle frontier is pretty tough if not tougher and to my knowledge nothing like that exists in the newer games or at least to that difficulty, and removing such end-game feature from a damn remake is unforgivable.
>>
File: frogposter.png (31KB, 212x204px) Image search: [Google]
frogposter.png
31KB, 212x204px
>>33541772

For me it was the original Ruby. The fact that from Gen 3 onward the MC is basically the second coming of Christ instead of a random trainer that happens to get in the way of some thugs takes me out of the journey experience quite a bit.

Sun and Moon were actually the first games that made me give a shit about the story, but at the cost of being barely recognizable as a Pokemon experience.

After SM I'm hopeful that it's possible to get the best of both worlds in the future.
>>
>>33542324
>Lack of creativity
I don't understand, you mean Gen 7 designs? Repeating a tropical region but without the water? This is so ambiguous
>Running out of ideas
Z moves are vastly different from from megas in many ways. They can be a one time nuke, a great stat boost, there are even some gimmicky ones like Z parting shot. If anything, Z moves affect the games quite a lot, while megas are literally evolutions, a stat boost and change of ability, it all depends on how you play them. I think they breathe new life into the games, though it's subjective to taste, but things like that require creativity so I disagree. What did other Gens do? Physical/Special split, abilities, terrain, weather and so on
>weak story
Subjective, can't comment on this one
>almost every kid is a retard
They water down the games to appeal to actual kids, it's not surprising but I agree it's annoying.
You can say the games are shit all you want, but it's a shitpost until you say why
>>
>>33542417
Look, I wasn't planning on this super long conversation and I need to go to work soon (proabably different time zone than you). But I now see new gens differently, (better) thanks to you. I respect how you argue and compare my complaints with other gens that I praise. Good bye. And GG.
>>
someone still playing X/Y and could help me out? i need a pawniard. i'm at the start of the game and cant give anything fancy.. i put up an azurill for trade on gts. would appreciate it. lvl doesnt matter but would be neat if it was low

also, i'm not underage in case that other guy reads this
>>
>>33542404
The filename. Kek.
I see what you're saying, and I agree about your views of the story line. I need to go now but thanks for sharing the knowledge.
>>
>>33542498
I mostly wanted to call you a faggot for inciting a Genwar thread without any arguments at the very least. This ended better than expected. Have a good day, I guess, it's 4am here so I'll sleep
>>
>>33541772
anything that forced 3d rendering killed it for me. fuck 3d. it made everything slower and detailed that what it should have :'( Look at what happened to harvest moon. IT'S DEAD. And it's because of 3d. Fuck you 3d. I wish I lived in a 2d world.
>>
File: 1496881003850.jpg (24KB, 589x310px) Image search: [Google]
1496881003850.jpg
24KB, 589x310px
>hates oras
>stopped at the game before it therefore never played it
>>
>>33541772
DPP almost turned me off pokemon forever.
DPP is fucking awful
>>
>>33542532
You too :)
Goodnight
>>
>>33542558
I need to log off now. Sorry I can't respond.
>>33542550
I fucking hate 3d too. It's mostly what ruined future gens for me.
>>
>>33541772
Sun/Moon
X and Y were great
>>
OP here thx for the great thread need to leave nkw. Bye /vp/;)
>>
>>33542520
Bred one for ya, anon. No fancy IVs though.
>>
>>33542609
thx anon, thank you so much.
>>
>>33541772
Kill yourself already.
>>
>>33542275
>u
>ur
are you underage?
>>
>>33541772
Gen 6. I disliked a lot of Gen 5's pokemon designs but some were great and it was the only game with a good story and the sequels were great too.

Ultra Beasts prove GF have run out of ideas
>>
>>33542152
found one
back to the /pgg/
>>
>>33541772
2 gen
They clearly stated there were 150, countless times. Then 151 came as a huge twist ending, but I was cool because a few secret ones made sense and were cool.
But then they added like another 100 and some and I was like. It's a shameless cash grab, I am out.

I was hoping they would start going deeper with the world building into the social and economic aspects, but they just kept making it wider with more land and Pokemon. I mean how cool would t be to follow the people that setup those extravagant tournaments, or actually give a reason Pikachu or Team rocket mattered to the world at large given their huge exploits that seemed very disproportionate.
>>
>>33541772
Gen 4 killed it for me a bit, but BW reinvigorated it and so did XY despite all the massive flaws. SuMo kinda killed it again for me as the demo ruined any interest I had in buying it. Gonna try the SuMo sequels(?) when they come out to see if they're any better.
>>
I enjoyed XY but then I realized how bad it was afterwards
Then I played SM and to this day I've yet to finish it, it was so bad I literally fell asleep while playing it
So I'll have to say Gen 7 did
>>
>>33541772
Love everything up until Sun and Moon. Love Sun and Moons Pokemon, but the games are just not for me.
>>
>>33542092
What the fuck does this even mean.
>>
>>33543152
>Ultra Beasts prove GF have run out of ideas
Epic.
>>
>>33541772
XY
>>
>There are people on this board who actually think gens 6-7 is better than gen 3-5
These are the people you share the board with.
>>
>>33541772
XY

I guess I like gen 7 enough
>>
>>33542399
>gen 2 remakes
shitty level curve, tha's why
>>
>>33543403
Platinum is a slog and the only reason to play Emerald over ORAS is for the Battle Frontier.

HGSS is the definitive Pokemon experience though.
>>
>>33543429
As a guy who played Gen 2 a million times i can say that this only shows when you reach the elite 4, you have to grind a good 10 or so levels to be able to take them down, and yes this is kinda ass considering how not many high level mons are around before you beat the elite 4 Other than that things go smooth, at least for me.
>>
>>33541772
How did you hate a game that you didn't play?
>>
File: 1502234298524.jpg (2MB, 2400x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1502234298524.jpg
2MB, 2400x2000px
>>33541772
Gen VI came at a horrible time in my life and I wanted to rely on Pokemon to help me get through it. The more I kept playing it, the more I kept hating how empty it was and just started to swear it off. OR/AS didn't make me feel better even though some of my best memories with the series are in Gen III to V. This sounds more like a shitty blog, so I'll cut it here.

Then Gen VII gave me these doofuses and the best legendaries so far, even counting the mythicals. I may give Gen VII a lot of shit for being unfinished and Lillie Simulator 2k16, but I do it out of passion, not hate.
>>
>>33541772
None.
>>
ORAS was bad, didn't even finish it.

I liked a lot about XY but that's when the stories started going down hill.

HGSS is my fave, which is surprising because I skipped gen 2 as a kid.
>>
Age 22 killed pokemon games for me. I just don't find myself wanting to play the games anymore.
>>
>>33544362
>XY 's when the stories started going down hill

XY's story is easily the worst but come on now. The stories were never good in any way.
>>
6 but not because XY was a bad game, but there was almost no reason for me to catch up on pokemon caused by no significant gameplay changes
>>
nds had the last decent pokemon games, now they look like shit the gameplay sucks, it just doesnt feel right anymore
>>
File: IMG_8291.jpg (15KB, 291x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8291.jpg
15KB, 291x204px
>doesn't like current pokemon
>posts on the pokemon board
For what purpose?
>>
>>33544507
This board is discussion of every pokemon game
>>
File: 1481075983775.jpg (51KB, 670x542px) Image search: [Google]
1481075983775.jpg
51KB, 670x542px
>>33541772
I remember that the moment I saw Zorua & Zoroak I knew that I wouldn't like the games (they are ok I guess but I don't hate them) and as more and more was revealed it just kept reinforcing that feeling I stopped playing Pokemon after BW and didn't come back untill a year after ORAS was released which were great games imo along with XY
>>
>>33541772
Gen 6 almost did, SM did a good enough job as introduction games to potentially redeem the series. I'm waiting to see how USM is before I pass final judgment.
>>
BW came out at a dire time of my life and i dropped the game after beating the first elite four, it was TOO different after putting too much hours on HGSS

I played B2W2 a few years later though and aas just blown away
>>
>>33542092
There's no frog attached to this post, and yet it still manages to be the worst in the thread.
>>
>>33543038
>it was cool to have double the badges
He clearly is.
>>
I tried to stop at OR because that's where most of my oldest mons came from, but then I got sun and then found a used moon for cheap in a pawn shop.

It sucks that I can't bring my mons over to SM and back to OR because I ended up really liking some pokemon there.

I started a slow descent after BW and then BW2, I only ended up getting W2 because of the World Tournament which is a very underrated post game challenge. The fact that they took time to make models of all those characters still blows me away. I really wish they'd do it again but with player character models from all the previous gens.
>>
File: 1504293638858.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504293638858.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>33542175
Fuck you, anti frogposter.
>>
>>33541772
Not sure exactly what gen it stopped being fun. Maybe the newest, maybe B/W... I get more fun out of playing old games and romhacks then newer games.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.