[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just why the fuck is Onix so fucking weak? Defense aside it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 95-Onix.png (176KB, 760x800px) Image search: [Google]
95-Onix.png
176KB, 760x800px
Just why the fuck is Onix so fucking weak? Defense aside it's a joke, it's base attack is laughable.
>>
Because Pokémon are functions, and Onix was designed to be a boss battle in the extremely early game.
>>
>>33541210
LITERALLY MY MOM'S ROCK SNAKE
>>
>>33541210
It's so big that most of its strenght is used to move its body.
>>
>>33541523
Basically this.
They fucked Onix out of being powerful solely so Brock could use it as an Ace, and the only other Rock Types available at the time were the Fossils and Rhyhorn, but Giovanni's Ace was Rhydon, so they didn't want to overlap.
It's just that for some reason they also decided to screw over Steelix too, making the whole line garbage.
>>
>>33541606
>Mega Steelix hype
>it finally happened and it sucked

My dreams.
>>
>>33541210
must be one of those harmless fat garden snakes.
A rock garden snake
>>
>the smallest pokemon in the game has more Attack

Onix is just the earliest joke in pokemon.
>>
>>33541623
Mega Steelix is good, just not UU levels of good. It was number one in RU for a long time until it got banned.
>>
>>33541210
Its speed is shockingly decent. Might work as a support evolite mon if it could get a better movepool.

>>33541523
Pretty much, sadly. See also; Nosepass.

>>33541606
Steelix was good in gen II.
It just got power creeped into irrelevancy.
>>
>>33541702
But it's literally UU.
>>
>>33541210
Onix and Shieldon/Bastiodon need an attack that hits using their defense stat.
Nose/Probo too, but I prefer them as sp atkers.
>>
Onix it's quite good in LC.
>>
File: chu.jpg (38KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
chu.jpg
38KB, 850x1202px
>>33541523
Not much to add other than the first gym teaches you "attack and win" isn't how this game works. Scratch and tackle work on everything else up until Brock. Really good game design desu.
>>
>>33541523
And they can change that now
>>
File: tumblr_ob7r8sEIHJ1rjenv2o1_500.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob7r8sEIHJ1rjenv2o1_500.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>33541210

>Was my favorite Rock type for the longest time
>Pathetically weak

Like I get why, but it's such a let down.
>>
Rock/ground is a garbage type
>>
>>33541953
No they need a priority defensive move.
>>
>>33541210
>if you ignore what makes this pokemon good, why is it complete shit?
gee I wonder
>>
>>33541523
It never needs to be the 1st boss again. Bring that shit up to 85.
>>
>>33541210
it was a high defense mon made in gen 1 to specifically use bide. This was hard for people with just their lvl 6 starter withoit type advantage. the lesson to learn was train your pokemon to higher levels or catch one with a type advantage
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.