[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, can someone explain to me why critics loves SM but fans of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7633.gif (240KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7633.gif
240KB, 320x320px
So, can someone explain to me why critics loves SM but fans of the game call it one of the weakest in the franchise?
>>
>>33538287
>fans of the game
You mean /vp/
>>
>>33538287
because game critics are shit at their job
have you not seen the cuphead shit
>>
>>33538300
No
>>
>>33538287
Game critics/journos love cutscenes and anything else that prevents them from having to play an actual video game.
>>
critics don't put hundreds of hours into the games
>>
>hardcore fans set expectations too high
>hardcore fans get disappointed
>casual fans just play for fun
>casual fans enjoy the game
nothing new
>>
File: thinkin.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
thinkin.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>33538287
woah there buddy i think you got it wrong
fans =/= /vp/
this shithole is like, the contrarian echo chamber
>>
>>33538311
/thread
>>
>>33538327
>>33538320
>>33538300
Most other message boards, comments sections etc called the game boring. And demand gyms back.
>>
>>33538287
When the game was released it was a breath of fresh air to the franchise. People liked it, played it and moved on. The people who can't move on are stuck in a cycle of hate. There are many valid criticisms against SM but they are still good games. You can tell someone is biased when they can't mention a single good thing about the game. I can name several good things about the gen I dislike the most.
>>
>>33538349
Lies.
>>
File: game journo vs pigeon.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
game journo vs pigeon.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
Hardcore fans tend to play the games a lot longer than most people, so they value different things. The game doesn't lend itself to multiple playthroughs due to the long dialog scenes. There's not much to explore. There's no real post-game. Long-time fans already have all of the older Pokemon, so they only care about catching the new ones which there are few of.

Simply put, there's just not much longevity to them. Meanwhile, critics have too many games to play, so they only play through the main game before jumping to something else.
>>
File: vidya journalists.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
vidya journalists.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Because the "critics" are scum.
SM was perfect for them.
>>
Journos love every pokemon game even diamond and pearl and b/w when they were released despite them both getting flack for being slow, contentless expansions of the previous gen and an ambitious but otherwise baffling reboot with tons of mediocre designs that are just rehashes of already badly designed gen 1 pokemon
>>
>>33538396
>>33538469
What the fuck is this? Is this person retarded?
>>
>>33538311
>Metal gear

But sonyggers mongoloids like it, too
>>
>>33538535
YES
there is a video of a 4 year old kid figuring out the puzzle faster than this retard.
>>
>>33538287
shitposters aren't actual fans of the series
>>
>>33538287
because people who play a new game once when it comes out then move on,
and people who play these games over and over and argue about them all day

want different things out of these games
>>
>>33538535
Yeah. That's the kind of people who shit on SM.

Everybody here enjoy the game, and couple of month after, they got bored (of course, because that happen with every pokemon game after play the same file). So, they start shitting at the game.

Same happen with XY.
>>
>>33538587
lol nice try
those people are game critics
you know
the same people who gave SM glowing reviews
>>
>>33538535
He's just a video game journalist with 18 years of experience.
GGers did nothing wrong.
>>
>>33538287
Because you're a shill
>>
>>33538287
The game honestly had a better flow.
The quality of life mechanics with the poke pelago and the mini cutscene before single cool Pokémon battle was way less grindy and more engaging that doing the same pattern as every other game.
I really wish they just had a good battle tower so at least I could churn out good Pokémon for that at least.
>>
>>33538287
>saying fans like that
you mean /vp/ which is less than 1% of the pokemon danbase
Most people liked the 3ds games
>>
>>33538414
This. For one single playthrough of the main campaign like critics and casual fans do, Sun and Moon hold up much better.
>>
>>33538287
>critics don't get paid for their reviews
Please underage >>>>>/out/
>>
>>33538363
No, it's not. Even reddit finds the games to be lackluster.

>inb4 go back

>>33538287
>taking critics seriously in this day in age
>>
>>33540300
go back
>>
>>33540300
Pokemon GO
>>
>>33540300
You need to go back
>>
>>33538363
it really isnt. XY and SM pretty much split the fanbase more than any other games
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.